About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

256 | San Diego, CA

256 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

grace · Married on 11/25/2017

We loved having Gary as our DJ and musician. One of the most important parts about having a reception is making sure you have a great DJ and musician, and Gary was awesome. He made the night flow so well and the dancing floor was full the entire night, just what we wanted. Gary was incredibly professional and helped us along the way for providing the right music at the right times.
    I heard him previously at my friends wedding and was very impressed. We would highly recommend DJ/musician Gary Rich and About Music Pro, this company will definitely not let you down.

Sent on 12/30/2017

scarlett · Married on 11/19/2017

Gary Rich and his band were truly incredible! The DJ/Band combination was everything we asked for! He made sure to communicate everything with us beforehand, even creating a special song list of father daughter songs we wanted. He kept the party going all night and played all the songs we wanted with the band and as a DJ/MC! Everyone raved about him and the band, and he even was able to help us with the time line to make sure all the events went smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about him and his team!! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent on 12/28/2017

layla · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband & I used About Music Pro for our wedding in San Diego last month, and we absolutely LOVED working with them! We worked with both Gary and his band The Blue Daddy’s, and they helped us out so much and truly made our wedding & reception run so smoothly. I think a lot of couples underestimate how much a MC and music is needed to help the flow of the event, but it is so necessary! We met with Gary ahead of time so he could know our music preferences & us as a couple. He was also super flexible with working with us on last minute changes, and gave great advice on our first dance song. Thanks so much guys! You're truly the best!

Sent on 12/26/2017

amelia · Married on 11/05/2017

Gary from About Music Pro, did an amazing job for my November 5th Wedding this year. He kept my wife and I on time and he made the ceremony and reception more fun than we could have ever imagined. We left a lot of the music choice up to him after only giving him a couple of genres to pick from and he was able to put together a play list that knocked it out of the park! For us and all of our guests. If you're looking for great DJ/MC and musician who is professional and fun then look no further than Gary at About Music Pro.

Sent on 12/24/2017

emma · Married on 11/04/2017

We hired About Music Pro for out 11/4/17 wedding at the Hotel Del Coronado. They provided us with everything we needed pertaining to music and lighting. We had a string trio for our ceremony, a Jazz trio for cocktails and 5-piece band with a DJ/MC for our reception. They all did an incredible job! The entire setup was very impressive. Throughout the whole experience, Gary was extremely professional and courteous. I would absolutely recommend hiring About Music Pro for any event you may have.

Sent on 12/22/2017

mia · Married on 10/29/2017

Gary Rich was very professional. Any questions that I emailed or call were answered within minutes of me calling and emailing him. I requested Gary for my daughters wedding. He arrived more than an hour prior to the start of the party, and was playing music exactly on time. He provided all equipment for three-locations ceremony, cocktails and reception that included 35 up lights, video and screen. The whole event was very impressive. He catered to our guest with all types of music and also let them make request. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ/MC and musician. Nobody can beat his involvement and interaction with the crowd. He really got the party jumping! Thank You!

Sent on 12/19/2017

ava · Married on 10/28/2017

Amazing! I am so glad I went with About Music Pro for my band and DJ/MC services for my wedding! Gary and his band made sure everything was running on schedule and Gary was a great MC - he has great energy and is very fun! They helped us with the planning which was very thorough and they provide us with suggestions when we were not sure. They definitely know what they are doing! My Asian family usually doesn't dance but everyone was on the dance floor. The music selections were perfect, a bit of everything for the guests. My guests really only had good things to say about the music! I would highly recommend About Music Pro for any event!

Sent on 12/17/2017

luna · Married on 10/20/2017

DJ Gary was our MC/DJ and also Ukulele player for our wedding in San Diego in October. All I have to say is he was the best. He exceeded our expectation. Everyone loved him at the wedding. 2 months later my guests are still talking about how fun and great he was. A wedding could be beautiful, but without a good DJ and musician there isn't much to talk about.
    Gary was super accommodating. A few of our wedding parties made last minute changes on their song and without hesitation he made it happened. We all had so much fun, especially during the garter removal dance... thank you Gary, for making our wedding memorable.. If you want a fun and unforgettable wedding and have all your guest were raving about how fun your wedding was, have Gary MC at your wedding. I guaranteed you will have the time of your life!

Sent on 12/16/2017

mila · Married on 10/15/2017

Gary is the absolute best you'll find! He did a masterful job as MC, Musician, Bandleader and DJ at our wedding. He facilitated an interactive and fun reception experience for all, punctuated by repeated comments by guests of "best wedding I've ever attended". Gary’s ability to read and engage the crowd, set the tone, and ensure everyone is involved and having fun cannot be overstated. He truly is a consummate professional musician and DJ in all aspects. He sincerely engages with the bride and groom, understanding them, and their whole vision for the wedding, and expertly delivers the industry standard for excellence. He is the #1 choice for wedding music in San Diego, in our opinion. He is, in one word, awesome. Gary has our highest and most enthusiastic recommendation!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

leah · Married on 10/08/2017

About Music Pro was hit at our reception! When guests talk about our wedding, they are very quick to bring up Gary, our DJ/MC/Musician. He was extremely flexible and accommodating we completely changed our wedding timeline last moment due to time constraints, and did such a great job interacting with guests and coordinating the flow of events that no one knew our original plan was changed. Thanks to Gary, our dance floor was packed all night, and we had many rave reviews from guests. Gary also really made an effort to get to know us as a couple and to help us achieve what was most important to us at our wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2017

lily · Married on 09/30/2017

By far the best experience of the year! We had About Music Pro provide the music at our 9/30/17 wedding in San Diego. The music and coordination or the event was flawless a truly great experience for us and our family, Our DJ/MC was extremely pro-active which made the evening seem very short in a good way. The DJ had everyone in mind when the party got going. It was the most I’ve ever danced at an event, ever! In my opinion this was the best event I have attended to date!

Sent on 12/10/2017

skylar · Married on 09/24/2017

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful Gary Rich from About Music Pro was. Planning a destination wedding can be tough - especially with a six hour time difference - but Gary made it a breeze and was super easy to work with. About Music Pro provided sound and music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and Gary served as our Emcee. They also provided up lighting and dance lighting for us. Everything was perfect and of the highest quality. People raved about the dance music and everyone had a blast - even the people who didn't dance. I don't think we could have asked for anything more. Thank you so very much Gary!!

Sent on 12/09/2017

camila · Married on 09/16/2017

Gary is a true professional and is great at what he does! He is so charismatic and fun, which makes him so easy to work with. Unlike other DJ's, he also is an incredible musician that played all our requested music at the ceremony and reception. He took notice of what kind of music our guests enjoyed dancing to and played those songs to keep the party going. Overall, we are extremely happy with Gary’s services!

Sent on 12/07/2017

harper · Married on 09/09/2017

I highly recommend hiring About Music Pro for your wedding! Gary was our DJ, Emcee, and musician and we have nothing but good things to say about him!
    I planned majority of our wedding on my own and he was hands down my favorite vendor to work with. He responded to my emails quickly, which helped a lot during the planning process. We only met once prior to our wedding, but it was more than enough. He followed up with us hours after meeting and even helped us fix our reception timeline to make the night flow better. The day of the wedding everything was excellent. We are extremely happy and grateful for the incredible work Gary from About Music Pro did!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Kelley · Married on 05/13/2017

From the start, Gary was great to work with. Although my husband and I don't live in San Diego, we were able to communicate with Gary via email. Gary was always quick to respond to any questions we had. We selected a DJ package that included acoustic guitar at our Sunset Cliffs ceremony site (it was a lovely touch, and Gary also provided sound equipment so that guests could hear our the music and our officiant), acoustic guitar at our cocktail hour at the San Diego Thursday Club, and then DJ-ing throughout dinner and dancing. As so many reviews before me (on the Knot, wedding wire, etc.) had suggested, Gary kept everyone on the dance floor up until the end of the event! He played the music my husband and I wanted while also taking song requests and adding in a few of his own that went along with our taste in music.

Thank you, Gary, for helping make our day special!

Sent on 05/24/2017

sofia · Married on 01/27/2017

About Music Pro provided a 5-piece band for our wedding reception and they were totally amazing, our guests were raving about how great the band was at our wedding! Gary Rich was the band leader and MC he read the room so well, he tailored the music based on the questionnaire we provided prior to the day as well as how the crowd was feeling the night of the wedding! We had a huge range of ages present (from 7 years old to early 80's) and everyone was on the dance floor. The band played a large variety of styles of music. When one of the groomsman was giving his toast and quoted a song, the band transitioned that same song into the toast as the groomsman was still speaking. It made the entire toast that much more amazing and crowd went crazy! Thank you to About Music Pro / Gary Rich and his band for an incredible evening :)

Sent on 05/16/2017

chloe · Married on 01/20/2017

Gary was our Bandleader and DJ for our wedding at the Hyatt San Diego. He and his band did a awesome job with the whole event. Before the wedding, Gary was very organized and covered all the important details we didn't think of but because of his experience he added the touches that made it an incredible experience. The flow of the party music and styles were excellent. The transitions between events, and the announcements were all exactly what we wanted at our wedding. I now really understand why Gary Rich has so many 5 star reviews! Gary and his team made our day one of the most memorable days in our lives. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/23/2017

victoria · Married on 01/14/2017

We had About Music Pro provide music for our wedding a in January this year and we are so glad we chose them!! Gary was our DJ and musician, he went above and beyond our expectations in both customer service up to and after the event and amazed with day of entertainment, so easy to work with. Gary created a fun atmosphere that flowed through the night perfectly; everyone was dancing and had an amazing time! I highly recommend Gary and his team. Thanks for making our night fun and memorable!

Sent on 03/28/2017

ava · Married on 01/13/2017

Gary was our music performer and director for our wedding this year. He provided a string quartet for the ceremony, a jazz trio for the cocktail hour and a 7-piece band with a DJ/MC plus lighting for the reception. Gary was hands on every aspect of the music and agenda. Our wedding was incredible our guest raved about how great the music was! Our wedding was on a weekend of a rainstorm, which caused a lot of stress and worry. After speaking with Gary, he was able to give us reassurance and confidence that all the entertainment and equipment will be just fine and that should be the least of our worries. The day of the wedding everything worked out even better as imagined and Gary handled the entertainment outstandingly despite the weather. We would like to thank Gary as the Band leader, DJ/MC and musician and his band for their professionalism!

Sent on 03/21/2017

amelia · Married on 01/08/2017

We booked About Music Pro for our wedding music in January and couldn't have been happier!! Gary and his team are awesome! We had guitar and violin for the ceremony they did every songs we requested were played flawlessly, it was so beautiful. I had tears in my eyes as I walked down the isle. Gary was our DJ/MC for the night and he rocked it! The reception was like we were at a club in the city- but better! Gary took our requests and also mixed his own songs based on the very eclectic mix of songs we had. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night! Our only regret? The night had to end. You must go with this crew - you won't be disappointed!
    Thank you Gary!!

Sent on 02/08/2017

charlotte · Married on 01/07/2017

Gary did an amazing job at our wedding. He was so easy to work with, very positive and re-arranged his schedule to accommodate our needs. From the moment we first made contact with him months before the wedding date he was professional, easy to communicate with, very upbeat and was hands on during the planning process. He checked in often the weeks leading up to our wedding and totally got what we were telling him we wanted. He got it perfect! During the wedding several guests said to us both how they really liked the music choices and the vibe of the night. That was all Gary. We basically just told him the genres we like and he took it from there. We highly recommend About Music Pro to anyone! They will certainly do a great job!

Sent on 02/03/2017

avery · Married on 11/27/2016

DJ Gary was absolutely awesome! I think one of the biggest compliments we received from guests was how they thought we had one of the best wedding DJs they'd ever seen. His ability to read the room is top notch. Gary made us very comfortable that he was 100% invested in giving us a great experience, It was great to work with a true professional DJ!.

Sent on 01/27/2017

mila · Married on 11/25/2016

The Blue Daddy’s band was amazing! They made our wedding so personal and special, and we absolutely loved having them be a part of our special day. Gary really helped us figure out the timeline, our ceremony music, dance music, and everything in between. They made each transition seamless, and I don't know what we would have done without Gary and the Blue Daddy’s! We would definitely use them again, and would highly recommend About Music Pro and the Blue Daddy’s if your looking for great live music:)

Sent on 01/05/2017

grace · Married on 11/21/2016

Our wedding day was awesome thanks to About Music Pro!. There were a few things that I wanted to make sure we didn't skimp on and that was our wedding DJ and musicians. I wanted to make sure that our music was unique and special to us. From the ceremony through the reception, and I'd be able to connect with my DJ and musicians on musical taste. After looking into About Music Pro, I had good feeling about Gary the owner. He was so responsive and helpful through the entire process, any question I had he would answer in a heartbeat. We talked briefly about what kind of music I liked and he suggested Guitar and violin for the ceremony and cocktail hour and DJ for the reception. That worked incredibly.
    We talked with Gary about one month before, he understood right away what we wanted and was so easy to work with. This whole process was so easy and our wedding day was a blast. The music was spot on and the dance crowd was happening all night. You know you have a good DJ when he got our conservative German parents onto the dance floor (never expected that). Haha, I wouldn't change my decision on this for the world and I recommend them fully for anyone’s wedding needs. Thanks you About music pro team!

Sent on 01/21/2017

audrey · Married on 11/20/2016

About Music Pro helped make our wedding amazing! They brought a level of professionalism that can't be beat. Beforehand, Gary met with us to help with the planning of our wedding. We immediately knew that he was going to be great at handling the events at our wedding. Gary gave us many options and made it super easy for us. He was at the venue early to setup and It was such a relief on our wedding day to know he was prepared and we were in capable hands. I can highly recommend About Music Pro!

Sent on 12/29/2016