About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

255 | San Diego, CA

255 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

Jessica Harper · Married on 10/06/2018

Saved the Day!!!

hired The Gary Rich Band, at the last minute, for our wedding and reception at the San Diego Hilton and they did a fabulous job! I called Gary after we received a cancellation two weeks before our wedding and they saved the day! They were incredibly professional and easy to work with, as well as reasonably priced. I wish I had hired them from the start! Gary, also the MC, and the band listened to requests and kept the audience entertained the entire night. The song choices included classics that everyone could sing and dance to. I would not hesitate to book Gary and his band for any other event I may find myself planning. As I am writing this review, I am reliving the event with smiles from ear to ear! Again, they not only saved the day, but exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Linda Jackson · Married on 10/05/2018

Gary and his band were Fantastic!

Gary and his band were fantastic! They played at our San Diego wedding and reception, and several of our guests came up to us during and after the wedding and raved about them. To start with they played guitar and sax for our ceremony. They then played piano, with vocal, at our cocktail hour, and the six-piece band for our reception, plus an acoustic unplugged set towards the end of dinner - not something we'd initially thought we'd want them to do - and it was totally the right call. It set a fun, festive tone and got people excited for the rest of their music. They are very talented, very fun, very professional, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Sent on 10/19/2018

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Linda, Thanks a million for this fantastic review!!!! Your wedding was stunning and we also I'm grateful your guest were raving about the band!! It was a huge pleasure to play at both your ceremony, cocktails and reception and also very grateful to you for taking the time to submit your review. Wishing you every success for your future together. Kind regards Gary Rich

Patricia Roberts · Married on 10/04/2018

Love this band!

We absolutely love this band! We hired them for our on wedding in San Diego. Everyone in the band is a lead singer and has great harmonies; they cover all genres of music! They are great at reading the crowd and keeping the party on the dance floor! Their song choices were excellent and they played all our requested music. We wanted to review them right away because we were so impressed! With out a doubt, one of the best party bands ever, truly made our wedding very special. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/17/2018

mary · Married on 09/30/2018

We hired Gary Rich and his band to play at our wedding and we highly recommend them! It’s hard to decide where to start with the accolades. Their song selection was fantastic! The dance floor was absolutely packed and filled with energy, which made for an unforgettable night! They were extremely helpful, responsive and accommodating throughout the planning process. In addition, they completely arranged the setup for the sound for the ceremony, which worked out perfectly! Hire this band - you will be glad you did!

Sent on 10/13/2018

maria · Married on 09/29/2018

The Blue Daddy’s were AMAZING at our wedding! I first heard them at a friends wedding last year and absolutely fell in love with their sound! My husband and I hired them for our wedding in September of this year. We never stopped dancing the whole night during our reception. We also had Gary play ukulele at our ceremony and guitar for cocktails, he was great!. Then the band took over and when the band took a break Gary took over as DJ. The evening was a night to remember the rest of our lives. Gary and his band were so easy to work with and he had some great suggestions to improve the flow of the party. Thank you so very much!

Sent on 10/09/2018

sherry · Married on 09/28/2018

Hiring Gary Rich’s band to perform at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! It was extra special that they were performing on our big day, because my husband and I actually met Gary and his band at my sister's wedding about three years ago. He also played classical guitar at the ceremony, jazz piano at the cocktail hour and was our DJ / MC at the reception. What an incredible talent Gary and his band were.  Everyone at the wedding loved their music. They kept people entertained and on the dance floor. Hopefully we will see them at other events in San Diego! If we ever need live music again, we will choose them!

Sent on 10/07/2018

ella · Married on 09/27/2018

The About Music Pro Team helped us achieve our ultimate goal of making our wedding fun and they were wonderful to work with! Gary, the owner, was part of the planning process and was the MC and band leaded/DJ. We were able to video chat with him before booking as this was a destination wedding. We immediately felt comfortable that he got our vibe and would know how to keep the event flowing and our guests dancing. They honored our "must play" and "don't play" list through the whole event, from the ceremony to the reception. He lived up to his promise! Gary was great on the evening of the wedding and they kept the dance floor full the whole night. Overall a great experience with the About Music Pro Entertainment team!

Sent on 10/05/2018

mya · Married on 09/23/2018

Gary Rich was our Musician/DJ/MC and his band did our San Diego wedding. They are true experts at what they do. We were referred to Gary by a friend of ours, who used his band for their party, which was a great success. After talking to Gary about the music for the wedding, we immediately felt relaxed - we could tell we were in good hands. Gary did an amazing job with the musical timing for a very unique ceremony. He also helped us keep the evening flowing, with everyone dancing. He also changed hats and did DJ on the band breaks. They really know how to read a crowd and kept the party moving. Everyone had a great time. Thank you so much for making our wedding something we will remember the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/30/2018

allison · Married on 09/21/2018

We met with Gary from About Music pro and knew instantly that we had found the perfect DJ and band for our wedding. Gary and his band were awesome. We left the music choices mostly up to him aside from our must haves and he did not disappoint. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and I can't imagine a better measure of performance than that! This is not your typical wedding band & DJ. Gary has great taste in music, is a superb performer and has the ability to read the crowd. The acoustics were amazing and the up-lighting really brought our venue together and provided an inviting atmosphere to get people on the dance floor. If you're looking for a Band or DJ or both for your wedding or party, look no further. Gary and his team at About Music Pro are extremely professional and will ensure your guests have an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 09/25/2018

lucy · Married on 09/16/2018

Hiring Gary Rich and his Band / DJ was one of the first and best decisions we made for our wedding; we got a lot of compliments about the music from our guests too. He also helped cut our first dance song to our desired length and provided lighting for the reception. He has a very laid-back approach and we were immediately comfortable with him. Our reception music was perfect and everyone had a great time on the dance floor. Everything was exactly as we discussed and the songs transitioned smoothly. I highly recommend About Music Pro - they're affordable and Gary was so easy to work with. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

clair · Married on 09/15/2018

The Blue Daddy’s and Gary rocked it and were so great at our wedding reception and ceremony. Their performance was great and they did an awesome job re-shuffling with all the last minute changes mid way through the event. Gary was also the DJ/MC and took the time to help us with all the details and called with us the week before the event. It was great to cover logistics and cover a few things we hadn't even thought of. I would HIGHLY recommend these guys. and Gary especially!

Sent on 09/17/2018

leah · Married on 09/14/2018

Gary and the rest of the Blue Daddy’s completely stole the show at our wedding! From the moment we heard the band & DJ at a friends wedding, we fell in love and knew we had to book them for our wedding. Gary was so easy to work with and we felt completely confident in him. He was the easiest wedding "vendor" to work with by far. They nailed the ceremonial songs and played awesome, fun songs for the reception. The dance floor was consistently full, which is of course one the goals for your wedding! My dad even missed our wedding dessert and photo booth because he was too busy dancing!! During the wedding, numerous people came up to me to ask "Where did you find this band?" I honestly hope I have a reason to work with them or see them perform again soon.

Sent on 09/15/2018

alice · Married on 09/13/2018

Bandleader & DJ, Gary and his band, absolutely MADE our wedding! One requirement, when planning, was that we wanted a dance party that lasted all night. Not only did Gary help us create our musical timeline and select the perfect songs to capture our personalities and love, the band had everyone dancing for 3 hours straight! He handled our guests' crazy requests with grace and style, and everyone commented on how this was the best Band / DJ combination they had ever seen. We really appreciated Gary as the emcee and making sure the evening flowed smoothly. He went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, and I 1000% recommend About Music Pro for any San Diego party!

Sent on 09/21/2018

violet · Married on 09/09/2018

Weddings are filled with countless things to worry about, including hidden costs. However, Gary immediately put us at ease about our band and DJ choice. He's friendly, professional, and helpful when making song choices from their deep repertoire.
    On our wedding day, the band and DJ were the highlight of the night. They sounded fantastic from start to finish. The combination of classic rock, Motown, newer hits and popular music had something for everyone. I think some of the older guests danced as much as our younger friends did! People are still talking about The Blue Daddy’s and how great they were, when they see us.
    When you hire About Music Pro and Gary, please know you're getting a high quality, professional, and easy to work with band and DJ/MC.

Sent on 09/13/2018

eva · Married on 09/06/2018

Gary and the rest of Blue Daddy’s were absolutely AMAZING. Now that the dust is starting to settle over the magic that happened, my wife and I both keep finding ourselves reliving the music, and especially the dance party. Everyone -- to our parents and siblings to our friends -- everyone is stopping us to exclaim how amazing the band and DJ were. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end, and my grandma pulled up a rocking chair and held court in the back corner of the dance floor just so she could listen and enjoy the music, well past her bedtime. Nobody, especially us, wanted it to end! We coordinated with the band's leader, Gary. We were beyond thrilled to have Gary and the other super talented band members make the trek up to our wedding at Hotel Del Coronado. We could not have been happier, and the magic of the evening is all thanks to them. We highly recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/11/2018

skylar · Married on 09/02/2018

Without exaggeration, every single guest told me that they absolutely rocked! The set list for The Blues Daddy’s and the DJ's song list was designed for us was perfect, they nailed our ceremony music (the only part of the night that made me cry). We had a string trio for the ceremony and cocktails, and a 5 piece band for the reception, they were absolutely awesome!. On a personal level, Gary was a total pleasure to work with at every step along the way. I can't say enough good things them all! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

lillian · Married on 09/01/2018

I've always believed that music is the number one most important aspect of a wedding reception, and that music can truly make or break it. That said, I am thrilled that we hired About Music Pro to play at our wedding (both the ceremony and the reception.) Each musician was amazingly talented and professional. The band leader and DJ/MC Gary was spot-on and super helpful. And his DJ kept the party going when the band was on break. When planning my wedding my ideal hope was for my guests to be up and dancing all night, and because of Gary and his team, my wedding was exactly that. The band and DJ’s combination repertoire was vast - they play all the music that you actually want to hear and dance to. The ceremony music was simple and beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned. I cannot be more thankful to have had Gary Rich and his team as part of our wedding day. I recommend them 1000 times over.

Sent on 09/07/2018

bella · Married on 08/31/2018

A big THANKS for a spectacular evening! Looking back at my wedding day, my favorite memories are of what a great time my family and friends had on the dance floor. Gary and his band are so talented! Their music caters to people of all ages – even our older friends and family were letting go during the reception. Even my six year old niece danced nonstop!
    We chose to use the band for five hours, which included our cocktail hour & reception. Gary figured out the logistics of setting up for three locations at our venue. This included an outdoor court yard for the cocktails hour, inside the reception hall for dinner, and a another room for dancing.
    E-mail was our main form of communication and Gary was always friendly, responsive and helpful. One of the characteristics about Gary that I really appreciated was his willingness to help. I even made a last minute request to have Gary do the Anniversary dance, which he gladly did. He had such a positive attitude throughout the planning process. Gary provided us with a song list. It included a wide range of songs so we decided to let Gary mostly choose which ones to play, making notes of some of our favorites. We chose the songs for specific dances, such as the first dance, etc. Thank you Gary!

Sent on 09/06/2018

ellie · Married on 08/25/2018

About Music Pro exceeded our expectations in every way. Their extensive set list is a showcase of their exceptional talent, and they were happy to reach beyond and learn our wedding song and some others. We found it impossible to take a seat as they seamlessly unveiled one masterpiece after the next, rich with the instruments and voices of their youthful and energetic band, and not a single pre-recorded background track or synthesizer. They provided turnkey services including ceremony instrumental, a New Orleans Jazz style big band for the cocktail hour, the full 11-piece band set for the reception, and a sing-along pianist for the after party, including all A/V functions along the way. They were very reasonable, responsive, and easy to work with on the business end and took care of the entertainment for the entire evening without stress. We are not just satisfied customers, we're fans.

Sent on 09/05/2018

luna · Married on 08/24/2018

About Music Pro and The Blue Daddy’s in combination with there DJ/MC simply made our wedding. We found them at a friends wedding last year and they literally blew us away, we had just got engaged and decided they were perfect for our wedding on 8/24/18. From that point on, Gary band leader and DJ was constantly checking in with us and made the process as easy as possible. While their play list focuses heavily on Motown and soul, classic rock, they absolutely killed with their renditions, Michael Jackson, and Rolling Stones songs.

During the wedding itself, they absolutely killed. My entire family and friends never left the dance floor and they were all anyone could talk about the next week. I've recommended them to all my friends who are getting married in the next couple years and I sincerely hope for the opportunity to hire them again for another big celebration. The band is incredible, and all the band members were just awesome to hangout and chat with, and when they did take a break the DJ kept the party going with out skipping a beat. If you have a wedding or a party that needs a band, these guys should be your first and only call!

Sent on 08/30/2018

nora · Married on 08/19/2018

My wife and I hired About Music Pro and the Blue Daddy’s for our wedding in August this year. They were AMAZING. Our guests still gush over how incredible the band was (and many of them are musicians, so this is high praise). They were, energetic, incredibly talented, and have a deep repertoire. They nailed any style of music they performed, from rock to soul to jazz to country to dance. They also play music for your cocktail hour in different ensembles, such as a jazz quartet and a bluegrass band. The band was easy to work with and planning went without a hitch. Also Gary stepped in as DJ when the band was on breaks and kept the party going.
    We had a friend that was a singer that sang with them, which also went without a hitch, and the performance could not have gone better.
    You want your party to be fun, right? You want all your guests to get on the dance floor and stay all night, right? Hire this band. I can't say enough great things about them!

Sent on 08/23/2018

addison · Married on 07/08/2018

When my daughter was planning her wedding at Hotel Del Coronado, she was determined to have a true dance band and DJ to set the tone of the night. She wanted everyone to come in, have a drink and some dinner, and then dance the night away. Her vision was completely brought to fruition with About Music Pro! What am amazingly night we had--never to be forgotten. The band appeared to be loving every minute as well and kept the party going full tilt for 4 hours. Highly recommend if you want a full-blown party with everyone dancing--even the people who say they don't dance!!!!! were on the floor till the end. It was the best time we have ever had as a family. Thanks you so much Gary at About Music Pro!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

penelope · Married on 06/28/2018

They had the most extensive song list out there for a live band and the DJ added in with an even more extensive library of songs, The way in which they played them have definitely reset the bar higher for the most fun and exhilarating wedding band ever. They played a large variety of songs from every era and kept the dance floor full the whole night. They kept the rhythm and the party going and kept everyone involved it was one of the best days of our lives. As the bride, I rarely left the dance floor all night long!

Sent on 07/20/2018

grace · Married on 06/23/2018

We loved Gary at About Music Pro! He not only was a fantastic DJ/MC and band leader at our wedding, who managed to get people from at least three countries (UK, US, Colombia) on the dance floor at the same time and ALL NIGHT, but also organized a fantastic doo-wop group, to sing at the cocktail hour and a lovely jazz group during dinner. He is a very charismatic entertainer, a fantastic person, and by the time we went through the whole organizational process with him, he felt like he could be a wedding guest rather than a vendor! He really made the party and we had loads of compliments from our guests. Thanks also to the Blue Daddy’s at About Music for their fantastic musicianship skills! We love you guys!

Sent on 07/12/2018

maya · Married on 06/16/2018

I want to thank Gary Rich and his team for throwing an amazing dance party for our wedding! He really knows how to read the crowd. All of our guests were impressed by the music choices - one even coming up to us and asking 'who is selecting this music'! Gary took the time to meet with us before our event to understand our crowd and our music preferences, and even gave us some suggestions. We loved working with Gary and his team - a super fun group to work with! Highly, Highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 07/06/2018