Abelina's Boutique Reviews

23 | Tulsa, OK

23 Reviews for Abelina's Boutique

Kat · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Friendly Stylists

I made an appointment with Abelina's on the weekend (they have super convenient hours for us with busy schedules). When I arrived there was no rushing or pushing me to try on any certain style. I envisioned myself in a sheath but ended up falling in love with an A-line. One dress didn't fit over my hips but the stylist took it in stride and didn't make me feel uncomfortable about it. All the samples were in wonderful condition, no weird stains or smells. I ended up purchasing the 3rd gown I tried on, it was the floor sample and was half off the regular price. It was a wonderful experience and I am so happy I found such a good deal on a beautiful gown.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Alli · Married on 07/22/2017

I bought my wedding dress from Abelina's and I could not have been happier with my experience! The girls in the shop were so helpful and very sweet as they helped me try on several dresses, and then ultimately choose to special order a Stella York that they didn't carry in the store yet. Thank you so much to the ladies who work here for making my dress buying experience so special!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Kristin · Married on 04/22/2017

Searching for a wedding dress can be stressful, but Abelina's Boutique made it fun! I absolutely loved my wedding dress from there and I personally felt like they had the best dress selection in all of Tulsa. The girls there were helpful in finding what I was looking for and they made great suggestions on things I was indecisive about. Highly recommended for wedding dress shopping!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/27/2015

I recently visited this boutique, & it was actually to shop for my sister a homecoming dress. I walked in and saw that they had some really unique beautiful wedding dresses, & even though I didn't have an appointment they let me try a few on. Now that I am shopping for my dress for real, I am definetly going back! And OMG their prices are amazing!!!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Misty · Married on 09/06/2015

I went shopping for my wedding dress a little early, and went to several different stores. By far the most lovely was at Abelina's. The sales associate was very knowledgable and helped me into the dress, but wasn't at all pushy which I liked. Since it was so early, I held off on buying the dress for about six months. When I went back into the store, the dress had already been removed from their stock for new arrivals. But because the associate had written down the dress's style number, the woman working the front desk was able to find it and order it for me. The only down side is that they are so busy, they can no longer do their own alterations. They sent me to another tailor instead, who did a great job, but it was a little hard to get to her shop. I only bought the dress through there -- the accessories are expensive no matter where you go, and I found much better deals for those through Etsy.

Sent on 10/04/2015

The staff is so friendly and I never felt any pressure to buy a dress right then. The prices are reasonable, they have lots of dresses, and get new ones in very often! Great experience!

Sent on 05/13/2015
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/16/2014

I saw such terrible reviews for Abelina's and I was pretty hesitant to visit them, but when I saw the prices of their dresses I couldn't risk not trying them out. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I got to the shop! I was greeted with smiles and when I stated I had an appointment, they already knew my name and remembered what I had asked for when I called a few days prior.

We pulled only dresses that were in my budget off the racks (about 8 dresses) and when I mentioned a friend was coming, they offered me magazines and showed me all the jewelry racks and other items, we chatted about where we were from, and they never rushed me into the room.

Emily was my consultant and she was absolutely amazing. While I was trying on dresses she was joking with my friend and her daughter, trying things on that my friend's daughter thought was pretty and entertaining everyone. Her knowledge of the dresses I tried on, potential alterations, and the fabrics was fantastic. I DID find my dress ( the 2nd to last one I tried on) and it was only $675! I will be moving and Abelina's will ship the dress to me. This was one of the absolute best experiences I have had with bridal shopping.

Everyone at the store was super nice and friendly. I definitely suggest this for any budget bride-- they love budget weddings here, so there is no judgement in the face (like I had at other stores-- like Bridal Palace).

Sent on 12/19/2013

daryl · Married on 09/20/2014

Abelina's modernized and altered my mom's heirloom wedding dress. They did a GREAT job!! Kristine was awesome and she helped me through the decision process (which can be daunting at times). The dress was beautiful and I couldn't ask for a better experience!!

Sent on 11/09/2014

I love my wedding dress! My dress is more unique than I started out looking for and the girl that helped me worked within my budget. I still can’t believe what a great dress I got for the price. I recommend this place to all brides who want a distinctive design without going over budget.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Vanessa · Married on 05/03/2013

I simply can not write enough good things about Abelina's. I'd never been there before until I heard good things through a friend who purchased her wedding dress there. To be honest, before I went in I didn't expect to find my dress there because it looks like a simple, small clothing boutique. But I tried on a dress that was perfect. I had a trip coming up to go to Kleinfeld's in NY so I didn't buy it right away. But when I went to Kleninfeld's I found an almost identical dress, only it was $5,000 more! Needless to say, I went back, tried it on and still loved it. From that moment, they were amazing to work with. I was going to be 6 months pregnant at the time of my wedding so fitting into my dress was a major concern. They were so easy to work with and flexible with fittings that it was no problem at all. They customized everything to my liking. I purchased everything from Abelina's... the veil, belt and jewelry. The quality was great, service outstanding and priced too good to be true! I will be a loyal customer for life.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Britni · Married on 04/20/2013

Do not walk away because you see the word "custom"!!! This place was a dream come true, and I almost didn't go because I assumed it was way out of budget. I tried on a sample dress, that I proceeded to change pretty much everything about, had it custom made for me (no alterations needed at all!), all for MUCH less than anything I even halfway liked at David's Bridal....and of course the entire experience is so much better when you have a dress maker standing there talking to you instead of someone who trained for one day and is making minimum wage.

Please, please, please try out Abelinas!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Bethany · Married on 06/09/2012

I am in love with this place! If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, she will make a custom dress that is afordable. I ended up find a dress that didn't need any alterations for me but they are always will to make you one in a different color add something, take something away or whatever you want!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Juwell · Married on 09/23/2011

My dress come true! This is a smaller wedding boutique, but they specialize in custom dresses. You can bring in any picture of a dress and they can make it. I walked in and the first dress I tried on..was "the one". I felt beautiful beyond measure. I had some additions made..such as added 3/4 sleeves with a lace top and a custom tea-stain. This dress was amazing and it turned out wonderful. The service was great. They helped make sure everything fit just right, made suggestions on veils and a ribbon that tied around my waist. They also added a brooch on the ribbon, which made the dress perfect. It fit like a glove and I could not have asked for anything better.

Sent on 03/07/2012

Brittany · Married on 08/27/2011

Love, Love Love! I absolutely loved my dress. I had mine custom made - along with my 11 bridesmaids! They were great about timing and alterations! They also have great dresses for the honeymoon and bridal parties!!! I would recommend Abelina's to anyone and ever bride!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Cynthia · Married on 04/25/2009

Abelina's Bridal Boutique (in the Farm Shopping Center at 51st & Sheridan) was a dream come true! I found the perfect wedding dress and they customized it exactly to what I wanted. The prices were reasonable and the professionalism and friendliness was exceptional. They handled everything from my dress (ordering, customizing, alterations), to ordering my shoes, hair piece and custom designing my veil. Everything was PERFECT! They also custom made my Matron of Honor's dress. It was exactly what we envisioned and it turned out beautiful. They also recommended where to have my dress cleaned.

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience or found more perfect attire for my special day.

Sent on 05/01/2009

Jasmine · Married on 04/07/2017

One the day of my appointment is had already been to almost every single bridal shop in tulsa.. I even tried Dillard's and Macy's! I have 2 dresses to wear so I did not want to spend a fortune on this particular dress. So I arrived at the store, after looking at FPUR different places, with such gloom... mykaela was prompt in greeting me, calming me down, and determined to find a dress that's within my budget and one that would cover my huge back tattoo. She did it.. after about 6 dressed, I found my dress.. I even cried! Mykaela was my angel that day, giving me secrets of how to style a dress and hide unwanted areas. I bought the dress that day and they were prompt in ordering ir. I'm so excited and it if weren't for this place, I don't think I would have tried to find a wedding dress at all!

Sent on 08/18/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from Abelina's. The selection was somewhat smaller than some other bridal gown stores in Tulsa, but the dresses are, in my opinion, much prettier and a great value. I found a beautiful fit and flare lace Stella York at an amazing price. It was perfect. The ladies were very helpful every time I went in to try it on and show it off to friends too.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Hilary · Married on 05/24/2014

All the girls here were very sweet and helpful. The trying on experience great. My only complaint is that I wish they would have helped me get in and out of the dresses. It was a little difficult on my own.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Erin · Married on 05/26/2013

I love this store. They have a good variety of dresses and you can get a beautiful locally made dress. I got one of the styles that they make here in Tulsa and only through Abelina's and it was beautiful. The construction was sturdy and comfortable without compromising any of the beauty of the gown.

Sent on 06/05/2013
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 06/24/2017

3.0

Had a really rushed wedding and wasn't able to order anything but the ladies were very helpful and they showed me all the dresses that I could buy from the floor that fit my budget and my picky opinions. Is a bit on the expensive side as it is a boutique but the dresses are gorgeous and they are super friendly and helpful.

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • User5209080 · 2+ years ago

3.4
      1.0

I purchased my daughter's wedding dress from Abelina's. Our first visit was wonderful. The sales person was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, and encouraging. Her name was Julia (but she is no longer there). Once the dress arrived, we were informed the bridal shop no longer does altering, we had to go elsewhere. My daughter was concerned the dress she chose may not be "the one," and we were told she could not return the dress (never worn, unaltered). I understand that may be the norm these days, but for the amount of money spent, I don't understand why a brand new garment cannot be returned, especially if you're planning on buying another dress from the same shop. It was just a disappointment that we didn't receive the type of all-encompassed service I had imagined, from trying on to fitting to final product. Basically, once the dress arrived, our relationship was at an end.

Sent on 09/10/2015

1.4
      1.5
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

When I got engaged this was the first place I wanted to go, I loved that it was local and such a cute store. I loved the styles and reasonable prices. As most brides do, I envisioned a very happy process when it came to purchasing my dream dress, but it was not the case here. Not only did they not have my records straight as far as deposits and payments, but when I picked up the dress the person working just handed it To me and was like "here you go". She didn't open it to see or ask if I wanted to try it on... Nothing. Baffled I asked if I could at least try it on before we left. I think that investing a lot of money including all my bridesmaids dresses there I should have at least been offered to look at it and try it on. No one was on the same page for anything there and I'm not very please nor would I recommend this place. The dress is beautiful but the experience was not worth it.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Madelyn · Married on 11/15/2014

0.4
      2.0
      0.5

BEWARE: Abelina's is where I purchased my wedding dress from, then the owner, Christine was supposed to do alterations on my dress. The alterations would have made this dress turn into my dream dress, exactly what I wanted. I purchased the dress under the impression that the alterations would happen. Bought the dress in March, they stored it until the end of June when I got a call that said I had two days to get my dress or I would be charged. I promptly picked up my dress and while I was there asked when I need to book my alterations appointment, I was told the first week in August. So July 22 I called to book that appointment. The owner told me she no longer had time to do my alterations and would not do so, I mentioned that the reason I bought this dress was because she would do the alterations and turn a simple dress into my wedding dress (my alterations would have cost more than the dress) she simply read me the contract I signed and said sorry. I pleaded and got nowhere, I asked if I could come in this week and get them done--she said sure you can come in and we can talk but that will not get you alterations. I would NOT go here again and I would NOT recommend it to any bride to be. Yes, they have good prices, but their customer service and follow through is awful, thankfully I have time to find someone else to do my alterations or get a new dress all together. It is unfortunate because I was so excited to give my Oklahoma earned money to an Oklahoma small business. Abelina's Boutique you need to find yourself a new owner.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Abelina's Boutique's reply:

Hi Madelyn,
    Yes, on July 22 you called about making a first time alteration appointment. We scheduled you an appointment that would have actually been for right at this hour (July 24 @ 11:00am). This appointment was to look at what you wanted to have done so that we could quote you a turnaround time. On the phone we discussed alterations that you may need, you stated that you would need basic alterations and a custom redesign. You wanted to know exactly when those alterations would be done before coming in for a fitting. Unfortunately, until we see what needs to be done there is no way to predict and guarantee an exact completion time.
    We are sorry that we are having a communication problem with explaining how the alteration process timeframe. Basic alterations (sides, hem, bra cups, bustle) take 2.5-3 months, while redesign will take longer and depends on what is being done. We do not hold places for alterations, it is always a first come first serve; this causes us to fluctuate in turnaround time and how many dresses we are taking at that time. Because we cannot get to everyone depending the time of year, we work very closely with another local owned alteration shop located very close to us. We have been working with this shop for many years and on some months they work on more dresses from our shop that we do. We understand this process can sometimes be frustrating which is why we have every bride sign a contract explaining this ahead of time so there is less confusion later. We are sorry for this misunderstanding and are available to reschedule your appointment should you decide to change your mind, or if you would prefer to work with other local alterations shop we would also be more than happy to provide you with that information.