205 Reviews for Abacus Studios Photography and Video

Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
Save the Date (1)

Alex was very professional and offered the best services. His prices are flexible which worked with our budget.

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/28/19, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Video, Wedding Portraits

My fiancée and I had the greatest experience with Abacus Studios during our engagement photos. Doug was great and very flexible. We had our engagement photos at liberty state park (in which we were not familiar with the area) and Doug helped us with directions while we were driving to the location. We were also late and Doug had no problem waiting for us as we sat in traffic. He was very knowledgeable of the best places to take pictures and what poses looked beat and our engagement pictures came out flawless. You will not find a better photographer☺️. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Stefanie, 2/23/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had family portraits done by Abacus Studios and they did an amazing job!

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Alex was so helpful when it came to making the right decision to use Abacus Studios. They come up with packages to fit any budget. They are super responsive to all inquiries.

Doug was our photographer for our engagement pictures. He helped make us all so comfortable in front of the camera. He had many wonderful ideas and I was so excited to see all my ideas come to life. I am thrilled for the wedding. If the engagement pictures came out this great..I can only imagine my wedding photos.

This company is so professional and I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Fran, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I used Abacus studios. We had a great experience with Doug for our engagement and wedding pictures. All the pictures were wonderful. I would highly recommend Doug and Alex is great with emails and coordinating.

Profile Picture Gary , 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

The communication with Alex was exceptional. As most couples, we have an extremely crazy schedule, but Alex was able to meet with us very quickly on a Sunday, and was able to design a package to meet our needs. With our photographer, Doug, we felt very comfortable, and he was also very flexible to schedule our engagement shoot. I highly recommend Abacus to other couples!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/15/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

We recently had our engagement photo session with Doug and the shots were wonderful! He knew how to have us pose and the angles and background came out amazing. We didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable during any shots, it looked very natural in the pictures. We are really impressed and are looking forward to our wedding day with Abacus for both photography and videography!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We used Abacus Studios for our wedding day, both photography and video services. We are extremely pleased with the service as well as the team! The staff is so friendly and fit right in with the crowds to work with all our crazy personalities! It was truly a pleasure to work with Doug (photo) and John (video). The two of them worked hand in hand with each other and the photos and footage is a treasure to us! Thank you for all your wonderful work and talents!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We just recently had our engagement photo shoot with Michelle and my fiance and I cannot say enough great things about how the day went! Michelle was friendly and funny right from the get go. She made us feel 100% comfortable the entire time, and we just had a blast with her. Michelle was extremely creative with the different poses she had us do, and with the different spots within our venue to take photos. We did our engagement shoot at Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ, which is a huge place and Michelle took her time with each photo and had no problem with walking around the grounds trying to find all the good spots for photos. She was extremely patient and thorough. I highly, highly recommend using Abacus Studios as your engagement/wedding photographer. They definitely do not disappoint! :)
Also, I need to commend Alex, as well for his work with us. When we first met with him, he was extremely friendly and thorough with explaining all the different packages and everything Abacus Studios has to offer. He has answered every phone call and email right away and has always answered all questions. Again, I definitely recommend using Abacus Studios! :)

Profile Picture Kerry, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I highly recommend using these guys for your wedding. My wedding was June 9th 2018 and Alex was on the scene for the whole year plus of planning. Any questions we had were answered quickly. He was always so very kind and helpful with everything. He set up the photo booth and made sure we were all set with the videographer. Doug was our photographer and he was such a joy to work with. We first met doing an engagement shoot summer of 2017. We really enjoyed getting to know him and working with him. By the time our wedding came around, he was very comfortable with us and knew what we wanted. I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. 5 stars, 10 out of 10, grade A group of people. Book them while you can!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Felt like we knew Michelle for years!

Profile Picture Brittney, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a great experience with Abacus Studios! Michelle was awesome the day of our wedding, very fun to work with and very professional. The communication with Alex throughout the process of booking and then leading up to the day of was excellent. He was very helpful for everything and very responsive. Overall we were very happy with our decision to work with Abacus Studios, and would certainly recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Zachary, 4/22/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We just got married this past Saturday, and used Abacus for our photography, video, and photo booth. We could not have been more happy with our choice!!! Alex was our point of contact. He was quick to respond, extremely friendly, and very helpful. He even acted as our photo booth attendant, and our guests had a great time! Michelle took amazing photos, which we just got to see today. They took my breath away, and I couldn't stop smiling looking through them! John was our videographer. He was very friendly and unobtrusive. We cannot wait to see our video and relive what was a perfect day! We would HIGHLY recommend Abacus Studios!

Profile Picture Rose, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Alex was so helpful the entire year of our engagement. Beginning with the engagement photos to our wedding. I must have emailed him 50 times and he was never annoyed. They also did my sisters wedding that's how I knew I wanted them for ours! Michele made the whole experience so fun and comfortable. Not only did she take amazing, fun pictures she helped me personally with so much more. Thank you for makeing our dream wedding happen!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I was recently married on 11.24.17 at naninas in the park in belleville, and my husband and I could not have felt more comfortable with leaving such an important part of our wedding in the hands of Abacus Studios. Rewinding about two years prior we had engagement photos done with Michele. She is fabulous. We did them at Watchung Reservation. It was almost like hiking with another one of our bestfriends. She was so good capturing us and our dog so that we could use them for save the dates.
For the wedding Michele called about a week prior letting me know she looked through all my pinterest boards and lists on exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up prompt and excited to photograph our day. She is more then just a photographer. More like another bridesmaid. There was a mishap with my dress and one of the clips broke. She was there with my mom holding my dress together while my mom sewed it together. No other photographer would probably be there to help like that. At the church she made taking photos after the ceremony a breeze so we could quickly be on our way to our venue. She is simply amazing. Was able to capture the entire day and I only needed one photographer. She even stayed past her 8hr call because the cake cutting didnt happen yet. She is over the top amazing and Abacus studios should be your top choice for your wedding and other photo needs. Our wedding photos we received about ten days after the wedding which is very prompt. They are also local.

Alex who owns the company is fabulous as well. Very very personable and responds quickly to emails and phone calls. Literally any concern we had was taken care of in a timely manner. Highly Highly Recommend

Profile Picture theresa, 11/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

My husband and loved the quality, service and artistic passion of Abacus Studios. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Alex and Michelle. Highly reccomended!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I cannot say enough great things about Abacus Studios! Alex, the manager of the studio, is a great communicator, extremely friendly, and provides top-notch customer service every step of the way. We elected to have both the photography and videographer package which was provided to us at a very reasonable rate compared to other vendors. Alex was very flexible and made every effort to work with our budget. He even agreed to match another vendor’s offer which we were extremely appreciative of. Michelle was our photographer on the day of our wedding. Everyone loved her and kept talking about how awesome she was! She took amazing pictures and made everyone in the bridal party and our families feel at ease. She made sure to get all of my requested photos and we have endless beautiful shots to choose from for our album. We received a link to our online picture gallery and got a dvd of our images in the mail within 2 weeks after our wedding – very fast and efficient! John was our videographer – he was very non-intrusive and I hardly noticed he was even videotaping! I can’t wait to get the edited DVD! I’m so happy we chose Abacus studios as our photographer/videographer vendor! I highly recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Erika, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I DEFINTIELY recommend using Abacus Studios as your wedding photography vendor. We got married at the Crystal Plaza on September 22, 2017. We selected Abacus studios for our photographers after sitting with Alex, he was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and really made us feel comfortable. We weren’t 100% sure what we wanted in terms of photography package and he was awesome in talking through all the options! We ended up going with their Deluxe Photo Package and booking our photo booth with them as well as engagement photos. Throughout the whole process Alex and his team were extremely responsive to all our questions!

Both Michelle and Lynette were amazing! From the time they each arrived to the end they had great idea and vision for our photos and were efficient with our time throughout the day. We just got the preview for our photos and they are AWESOME! It is impossible to select our favorite, they are really beautiful, but also capture the personalities of our family and friends and how wonderful the whole day was. We can’t wait to get our prints!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Choosing a photographer was difficult for me because I wanted to keep the costs at bay, but I did not want to sacrifice quality. I am SO happy I chose Abacus Studios. Alex, the owner, provided a wonderful cost-efficient but very inclusive package, and he was excellent to work with and very responsive. Michele was my photographer, and she was THE BEST! I felt like I had a wedding assistant/extra bridesmaid with me all day, as she was helpful with my dress, hair, belongings, you name it. She was super accommodating as well...I was on a time crunch between my ceremony and reception, and she was flexible with letting me decide which photo opportunities I really wanted and which we could eliminate to get me to my cocktail hour. The photos turned out amazing!!! I am still working on selecting them for my album since there are 6,000 total!! Could not have chosen a better photographer and company.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs

We are absolutely happy with Abacus Studios thus far. Michelle took our engagement photos at Verona Park and they came out absolutely gorgeous. We love the photos and the quality. We were able to view our photos in a week. We met Michelle for the 1st time on that day and she made us feel so comfortable. She is the sweetest happiest person you would ever meet. I can't wait for our big day, August 11th. It's gonna be a hot one. It's always pleasure speaking with Alex and Damien they are so accommodating. Thanks again guys you have been amazing.

Profile Picture Anneka, 8/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Abacuss studios has been amazing in helping us put our vision into pictures. Alex has been BEYOND helpful throughout the entirety of the process, and his photographers are awesome as well! They are so patient and willing to take the time to explain everything. We have received so many compliments on our pictures- they truly came out incredibly. I couldn’t imagine going with another company. We can’t wait to see how our wedding pictures will turn out!

Profile Picture Mia, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alex and his team really impressed us throughout the process. Not only did they capture every special moment but they made us feel like we were absolute rockstars! We are so thrilled that we can now look back at remember our wedding day so vividly. Abacus Studio offers a can't miss photographer and videographer.

Profile Picture Mitchell, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We are both so thrilled with the quality of the photos that we got from Abacus. Doug Davies was our photographer for not only our engagement session, but also the wedding. He captured our style perfectly and was unobtrusive the entire day. he fit in perfectly and got all the must have shots with incredible style. There are so many wonderful photos it's hard to choose which ones to get enlargements of. We also booked videographer services, but have not yet received that as we haven't provided them with the music track for that, but based on the quality of service from them, I am sure we will be more than happy with the finished product. You can't go wrong booking Abacus to take your photos for any event.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

Amazing company to work with ! They were extremely professional and returned emails very quickly. We just had our wedding on 6/29/17 and are so excited o see our footage ! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/29/17, 6 Reviews