Abacus Studios Photography and Video Reviews

228 | South Plainfield, NJ

228 Reviews for Abacus Studios Photography and Video

Jennie · Married on 07/17/2015

The first time I met Alex at Abacus Studios, he was very friendly and nice. My husband and I loved talking to him! He was very helpful and explained everything to us. He was also always available to answer my questions on the phone. On the day of the wedding, we had Michelle for our photographer and Damian as our videographer. They were both great! Michelle is very kind and sweet. My husband and I are so happy we chose Abacus Studios and we highly recommend them! We look forward to working with Alex, Michelle, and Damian again for other events.

Sent on 08/14/2015
  • Fee and Al

Chelisha · Married on 06/26/2015

My photographer and videographer caught every moment, and detail. Impressed by the professionalism, prompt time and quality of pictures... I was worried about my pictures but oh so HAPPY with the outcome!!!! Thanks Doug and John!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Raymond · event on: 06/20/2015

Damien was very professional and efficient......

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • User5121942 · 2+ years ago

Abacus Studios was the best I loved working with Michelle and Damian.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Abacus studious could not be more professional and confident in their abilities. Support was there throughout the entire process, from answering questions to selecting our preferred shits. Michelle was an absolute delight to work with. She was as excited and passionate about our day as was our own family. She displayed absolute confidence and professionalism and we truly had a fun time taking pictures with her. Michelle ensured we were happy with the pictures, angles, lighting and told our story through film. I wish her only the best in her life and career and that she has a photographer at her wedding as equally amazing as she was for ours.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Tracy A. · Married on 05/15/2015

Abacus made our day so memorable from start to finish. Our photographer, Michelle, came to the country club where I was getting ready to do the bridal preparation photos. Within the first 5 minutes, I felt like I had known her forever and she was part of my bridal party. In between snapping pictures, we chatted about everything and how much she loved her job and photographing weddings. It definitely showed throughout the day. She even cried with my husband and I after our best man's and maid of honor's toast. Our videographer, Damien was outstanding capturing everything from the ceremony, to the photo session and the craziness of our reception. The photobooth was manned by Alex, who was wonderful from the first day we walked in the office to book with him. He took the time to go over everything with us, and answered any questions we had along the way. So many family and friends are still saying how wonderful Abacus was, and how they got the perfect shots and blended right in with our party. They were truly a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Dana · Married on 04/26/2015

What an amazing job both Michelle and Damien did for our wedding. We had Michelle for Photography and Damien on videography. However they went above and beyond just photos and video. Their support and advice throughout the day was priceless. I could not have imagined it going any better. The different poses and background we were able to accomplish was great.

So thankful for their help and I would recommend everyone to use them for their wedding and any other event that requires a photographer and videographer. I know in the future if I have any additional needs for photos or video I will be coming back to Abacus no doubt.

Thank you!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Victoria · Married on 04/11/2015

From our first visit to Abacus, everyone was so friendly, professional and helpful. They try to get you everything you want and visioned for your event and at a very reasonable price. On my actual wedding day Michelle(photographer) and Damien (videographer) was amazing!! They were right there on time and stayed to the very end. They were very personable yet professional. We ever got our photo proofs literally a week and half after the wedding. It was a great surprise to come back from my honeymoon to. I can't wait to see our final photos and video!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Devyn · Married on 10/18/2014

Michelle was extremely friendly and accommodating. She helped organize the flowers since they arrived late and she also offered to help button up my dress because my girlfriends were still getting ready! She captured some great shots...she would show us her favorites along the way! Because some of my groom's family were late for formal pictures we weren't able to get any pictures with us BOTH together with our families so I hope they can work some Photoshop magic like she mentioned...can't wait to see the final results! Great experience and highly recommend!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I got married on September 6th, and we used Abacus Studios for photography and for the photo booth. We worked with Alex initially when we were setting everything up. He was so friendly and easy to talk to. He was able to explain everything to us and they are very reasonably priced.

The photo booth was a huge hit at the wedding. Everyone from Abacus was extremely polite and professional, and they all helped to make our day even better.

Michelle was our photographer. She was absolutely amazing, and the pictures came out better than we could have ever expected! She wasn't afraid to stand on the bridge or move us around to make sure that she got the best shot. She was so friendly and we absolutely LOVED having her! We honestly couldn't have found a better photographer, and we thank everyone from Abacus Studios for making our wedding even more memorable!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/12/2014

They made the most special day of my life more special! The whole staff from photographers (JC I love you), video grapher, step and repeat photographer, and running the photo booth, each member of the Abacus staff were professional and made the the day fun and easy! Abacus's ability to perform high quality work and still capture intimate moments through out a huge wedding was nothing short of amazing! I plan on using them for every life event here on out! Thank You!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Berany · event on: 07/05/2014

Abacus Studio,
    When planning our daughter’s sweet 15th, we realized that photography was the most important thing to us. Needless to say, our expectations were very high. Not only did you meet those expectations, but you and your Team exceeded them.
    My special Thanks go to Abacus Team:
    · Alex- Thank you for providing us with your undivided attention, for helping us with the selection of our package and understanding our needs.
    · Damian- Thank you for your outstanding customer service, for your quick responses and for your great support.
    · Michelle- For your awesome personality and for providing us with such great pictures on my daughter’s photo shoot-day.
    · Gabe-For going the extra mile and have my daughter’s picture display arrive on time just before her big day.
    · Douglas- A great man to work with, Thank you for capturing our daughter’s Sweet 15th so perfectly, for proving us with such beautiful photos to serve as visual memories of one the best days of our daughter’s life.

If anyone would ask me how to describe Abacus Studio….. My answer would be:

Professionalism.

Many Thanks for delivering a level of service and quality that surpassed my expectations.

Sincerely,
    Berany Areche Rosado
    Family Rosado - Areche

Sent on 09/03/2014

Hiam · Married on 06/29/2014

Everyone at Abacus Studios has been great throughout my whole wedding planning process, and on the day of the photographer and videographer were amazing! Very professional and made everyone feel at ease!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Valerie · Married on 06/14/2014

Michelle and Damien were absolutely amazing from start to finish. I could not be any more happier with my service and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for great service at a great price. Thank you so much guys !!!!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2014

Abacus was a huge help to us when making our wedding video. They were very professional and affordable. They did a great job for us and would reccommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Visala · Married on 05/25/2014

From the first time we met Alex, I knew this was the company that I wanted to have my photography done with. I shopped around since I had time to and he was the only one that we found that was give us more than just a sales pitch. He told us the history about the company and about his personal life too.
    The day of the wedding, everything went on without any problems. Doug was amazing. I received the photos from the event and they were fantastic. I couldn't be happier.
    I'm really glad I picked Abacus Studios to capture my special day.
    Thank you Abacus Studios.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Joanne · Married on 05/16/2014

Michelle was GREAT! She captured many wonderful moments of the wedding day and I am beyond happy with the photos!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Christan · Married on 05/03/2014

Everyone was so great to work with at Abacus. My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Michele (photographer) and Damien (Videographer). Damien was always just a phone call away and always made me feel at ease and nothing seemed to complicated for them to handle. Michele called the night before my wedding to go over every single detail. At our wedding Damien and Michele were so professional, kind, funny and I the bride never felt rushed and felt like they captured everything I wanted. I had no regrets when the end of the night rolled around. I have to say that by the end of the night I felt like Damien and Michele were a part of my family. I would use them for any of my family photographer.

I just received my video and I have already watched it a dozen times. The video came out amazing.

Adam, Michele and Damien for making my wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Anna · Married on 04/27/2014

It's was easy to go with Abacus because they were professionals and from paperwork, to payment. I have to say Damian was a big part of making it a great day. On time and aways working with a smile on his face the whole time. He made us feel very comfortable and added to the blast we had, thanks Damian.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Anna · Married on 04/27/2014

It's was easy to go with Abacus Studio's because they are professionals, from paperwork, to payment. Damian our videographer was a big part of making it a great day. Always working catching all the special moments with a smile on his face the whole time. He made us feel very comfortable and at ease and added to the blast we had.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Patricia · Married on 04/26/2014

We rented a photo booth. Everything went great. They arrived as scheduled, and the staff was professional and friendly. Would definitely use their service again.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Normalys · Married on 04/26/2014

They were amazing with us. The photographer had great ideas for funny pictures just the way I requested. The package deal was affordable.. The videographer was great capturing every moment of our love story.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/25/2014

Absolutely the best!! From the moment we walked in and sat down with Alex, we knew we were in good hands.  He took the time to explain all the various packages and details of each so that we knew exactly what we were getting when we left.  We also had no problems communicating back and forth with Alex with any concerns we had in the interim before our Wedding Day.

Our photographer was Michelle, and as all the reviews say, she is nothing but phenomenal.  In our meetings, she made sure she knew what shots were important to us and  how to capture those moments.  Her eye for capturing not just the picture, but the emotions and aura of the moment is beyond words.  She easily made herself a part of our day and lives without even trying.  Her natural ability to analyze the group and assert herself like she has been with us before is seamless.  Even though it seemed during the ceremony and reception she was no where to be seen, her pictures of both show that she takes her profession serious and is amazing at capturing the evening without being in the way.  We could talk all day about how great Michelle is, but by now and reading all the other glowing reviews of her, you know you can't go wrong with her!!

The quickness of Abacus Studio in getting us access to our online account to see the pictures is superb and with them sending the proofs in the mail.  We are so excited to see the finished products and would recommend Abacus Studios to everyone and anyone willing to listen.

Thank you so much for all that you do!!!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Milissa · Married on 03/28/2014

Abacus Studios is the best! I absolutely love them and their level of professionalism! Working with the staff from the start of planning my wedding until completing the wedding albums was wonderful. The staff emails back promptly. Michelle and Doug were our wedding day photographers and they not only took amazing pictures, but were such great and easy going people to work with. When working on the wedding album, Alex was great. He emailed me back promptly and made every little change I asked for. His guidance and advice made this process effortless and I cannot wait until my album is finally ready to be picked up! The digital version is beyond amazing and I am so happy I chose Abacus Studios for my wedding day! They captured every moment perfectly and I can relive that day as if it was yesterday!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Marla · Married on 03/22/2014

I can not express how pleased I am with their work!!!! They were awesome and the way they do business and work together is amazing!

Sent on 04/02/2014