Abacus Studios Photography and Video Reviews

228 | South Plainfield, NJ

228 Reviews for Abacus Studios Photography and Video

Gina · Married on 07/05/2018

When we first met Alex, the owner of Abacus Studios, we were impressed not only with the quality of his studio’s work, but also with his enthusiasm, warmth, and sincerity in working with our budget. We booked Abacus Studios for our wedding's photography, videography, and photo booth. As part of our package, we received a free engagement photography session. Doug, the photographer who took our engagement pictures, likewise gave great service and guidance. He suggested the place where we ultimately would have our engagement pictures taken, after learning that we were originally planning to have it somewhere that would charge us a fee. The venue that he suggested was a beautiful park with a botanical garden, bridge, and other spots that made for amazing pictures. It was everything that we could have wanted, and it did not cost anything.

Through Doug’s eye and guidance, he got us into many different poses that felt natural. We got so many compliments on the pictures from our engagement session that we had the “problem” of choosing which ones to use for our Save the Dates. Alex and his team designed the Save the Dates and we got so many compliments after sending them out.
    Leading up to the wedding, Alex maintained steady communication to answer all of our questions and make sure that we had all logistics set, so that things would go smoothly that day. Both Doug and John (our videographer) reached out to us personally prior to the wedding day to ensure that they had the correct contact information and schedule of events. They also both arrived early and stayed until the very end of our reception so as to capture all of the images that we wanted. They gave clear instructions that allowed them to get some truly elegant pictures that we had not thought of. Our family and friends were thrilled by the service we received from Abacus Studios, as were we!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Gina, your description is great, and truly helps others to understand Abacus Studios process and our commitment to customer service. Indicating how much all of our staff, gets involved in your wedding process, to ensure you get the best possible experience.

Kerry · Married on 06/29/2018

We just recently had our engagement photo shoot with Michelle and my fiance and I cannot say enough great things about how the day went! Michelle was friendly and funny right from the get go. She made us feel 100% comfortable the entire time, and we just had a blast with her. Michelle was extremely creative with the different poses she had us do, and with the different spots within our venue to take photos. We did our engagement shoot at Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ, which is a huge place and Michelle took her time with each photo and had no problem with walking around the grounds trying to find all the good spots for photos. She was extremely patient and thorough. I highly, highly recommend using Abacus Studios as your engagement/wedding photographer. They definitely do not disappoint! :)
    Also, I need to commend Alex, as well for his work with us. When we first met with him, he was extremely friendly and thorough with explaining all the different packages and everything Abacus Studios has to offer. He has answered every phone call and email right away and has always answered all questions. Again, I definitely recommend using Abacus Studios! :)

Sent on 11/06/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you for the great review and kind words. It constantly reminds us that we are doing the right things and continue to set the bar in the wedding and event industry for customer service.

Courtney · Married on 06/09/2018

I highly recommend using these guys for your wedding. My wedding was June 9th 2018 and Alex was on the scene for the whole year plus of planning. Any questions we had were answered quickly. He was always so very kind and helpful with everything. He set up the photo booth and made sure we were all set with the videographer. Doug was our photographer and he was such a joy to work with. We first met doing an engagement shoot summer of 2017. We really enjoyed getting to know him and working with him. By the time our wedding came around, he was very comfortable with us and knew what we wanted. I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. 5 stars, 10 out of 10, grade A group of people. Book them while you can!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Brittney · Married on 04/28/2018

Felt like we knew Michelle for years!

Sent on 11/24/2017
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 04/22/2018

We had a great experience with Abacus Studios! Michelle was awesome the day of our wedding, very fun to work with and very professional. The communication with Alex throughout the process of booking and then leading up to the day of was excellent. He was very helpful for everything and very responsive. Overall we were very happy with our decision to work with Abacus Studios, and would certainly recommend them to others.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Rose · Married on 04/14/2018

We just got married this past Saturday, and used Abacus for our photography, video, and photo booth. We could not have been more happy with our choice!!! Alex was our point of contact. He was quick to respond, extremely friendly, and very helpful. He even acted as our photo booth attendant, and our guests had a great time! Michelle took amazing photos, which we just got to see today. They took my breath away, and I couldn't stop smiling looking through them! John was our videographer. He was very friendly and unobtrusive. We cannot wait to see our video and relive what was a perfect day! We would HIGHLY recommend Abacus Studios!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Melissa · Married on 03/25/2018

Alex was so helpful the entire year of our engagement. Beginning with the engagement photos to our wedding. I must have emailed him 50 times and he was never annoyed. They also did my sisters wedding that's how I knew I wanted them for ours! Michele made the whole experience so fun and comfortable. Not only did she take amazing, fun pictures she helped me personally with so much more. Thank you for makeing our dream wedding happen!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you! The kind words are a testament to the dedication our staff has to not only capturing your wedding but, ensuring your experience if great and you enjoy your day. Great Job to Michelle and Mike!

Theresa · Married on 11/24/2017

I was recently married on 11.24.17 at naninas in the park in belleville, and my husband and I could not have felt more comfortable with leaving such an important part of our wedding in the hands of Abacus Studios. Rewinding about two years prior we had engagement photos done with Michele. She is fabulous. We did them at Watchung Reservation. It was almost like hiking with another one of our bestfriends. She was so good capturing us and our dog so that we could use them for save the dates.
    For the wedding Michele called about a week prior letting me know she looked through all my pinterest boards and lists on exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up prompt and excited to photograph our day. She is more then just a photographer. More like another bridesmaid. There was a mishap with my dress and one of the clips broke. She was there with my mom holding my dress together while my mom sewed it together. No other photographer would probably be there to help like that. At the church she made taking photos after the ceremony a breeze so we could quickly be on our way to our venue. She is simply amazing. Was able to capture the entire day and I only needed one photographer. She even stayed past her 8hr call because the cake cutting didnt happen yet. She is over the top amazing and Abacus studios should be your top choice for your wedding and other photo needs. Our wedding photos we received about ten days after the wedding which is very prompt. They are also local.

Alex who owns the company is fabulous as well. Very very personable and responds quickly to emails and phone calls. Literally any concern we had was taken care of in a timely manner. Highly Highly Recommend

Sent on 12/08/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you. It is reviews like your, that re-enforces the things we do as a company, to ensure that our clients are externally satisfied and have a great experience.

Susan · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and loved the quality, service and artistic passion of Abacus Studios. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Alex and Michelle. Highly reccomended!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Erika · Married on 10/06/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Abacus Studios! Alex, the manager of the studio, is a great communicator, extremely friendly, and provides top-notch customer service every step of the way. We elected to have both the photography and videographer package which was provided to us at a very reasonable rate compared to other vendors. Alex was very flexible and made every effort to work with our budget. He even agreed to match another vendor’s offer which we were extremely appreciative of. Michelle was our photographer on the day of our wedding. Everyone loved her and kept talking about how awesome she was! She took amazing pictures and made everyone in the bridal party and our families feel at ease. She made sure to get all of my requested photos and we have endless beautiful shots to choose from for our album. We received a link to our online picture gallery and got a dvd of our images in the mail within 2 weeks after our wedding – very fast and efficient! John was our videographer – he was very non-intrusive and I hardly noticed he was even videotaping! I can’t wait to get the edited DVD! I’m so happy we chose Abacus studios as our photographer/videographer vendor! I highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Melanie · Married on 09/22/2017

My husband and I DEFINTIELY recommend using Abacus Studios as your wedding photography vendor. We got married at the Crystal Plaza on September 22, 2017. We selected Abacus studios for our photographers after sitting with Alex, he was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and really made us feel comfortable. We weren’t 100% sure what we wanted in terms of photography package and he was awesome in talking through all the options! We ended up going with their Deluxe Photo Package and booking our photo booth with them as well as engagement photos. Throughout the whole process Alex and his team were extremely responsive to all our questions!

Both Michelle and Lynette were amazing! From the time they each arrived to the end they had great idea and vision for our photos and were efficient with our time throughout the day. We just got the preview for our photos and they are AWESOME! It is impossible to select our favorite, they are really beautiful, but also capture the personalities of our family and friends and how wonderful the whole day was. We can’t wait to get our prints!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Gina · event on: 09/14/2017

When we first met Alex, the owner of Abacus Studios, we were impressed not only with the quality of his studio’s work, but also with his enthusiasm, warmth, and sincerity in working with our budget. Doug, the photographer assigned to our engagement photography session, likewise gave great service and guidance. He suggested the place where we ultimately would have our engagement pictures taken, after learning that we were originally planning to have it somewhere that would charge us a fee. The venue that he suggested was a beautiful park with a botanical garden, bridge, and other spots that made for amazing pictures. It was everything that we could have wanted, and it did not cost anything.

Through Doug’s eye and guidance, he got us into many different poses that felt natural. We have gotten so many compliments on the pictures from our engagement session that we now have the “problem” of choosing which ones to use for our Save the Dates. And of course, we are asking Alex and his team to design these Save the Dates, as we know that we are getting amazing value at a great price. We highly recommend Abacus Studios, and are looking forward to working with Alex, Doug, and the team for our wedding this July!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Erica · Married on 08/14/2017

Choosing a photographer was difficult for me because I wanted to keep the costs at bay, but I did not want to sacrifice quality. I am SO happy I chose Abacus Studios. Alex, the owner, provided a wonderful cost-efficient but very inclusive package, and he was excellent to work with and very responsive. Michele was my photographer, and she was THE BEST! I felt like I had a wedding assistant/extra bridesmaid with me all day, as she was helpful with my dress, hair, belongings, you name it. She was super accommodating as well...I was on a time crunch between my ceremony and reception, and she was flexible with letting me decide which photo opportunities I really wanted and which we could eliminate to get me to my cocktail hour. The photos turned out amazing!!! I am still working on selecting them for my album since there are 6,000 total!! Could not have chosen a better photographer and company.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

It is our h9onor to be selected to capture a wedding, and pleasure to deliver this level of service, and most importantly happy client. I can't wait until you see your album! Thank you!

Anneka · Married on 08/11/2017

We are absolutely happy with Abacus Studios thus far. Michelle took our engagement photos at Verona Park and they came out absolutely gorgeous. We love the photos and the quality. We were able to view our photos in a week. We met Michelle for the 1st time on that day and she made us feel so comfortable. She is the sweetest happiest person you would ever meet. I can't wait for our big day, August 11th. It's gonna be a hot one. It's always pleasure speaking with Alex and Damien they are so accommodating. Thanks again guys you have been amazing.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Anneka, we take great pride in the high level of service we provide and we are always thankful when that effort is recognized.

Mia · Married on 07/29/2017

Abacuss studios has been amazing in helping us put our vision into pictures. Alex has been BEYOND helpful throughout the entirety of the process, and his photographers are awesome as well! They are so patient and willing to take the time to explain everything. We have received so many compliments on our pictures- they truly came out incredibly. I couldn’t imagine going with another company. We can’t wait to see how our wedding pictures will turn out!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you for the kind word. Our attention to detail and focus on customer service starts with your first call or e-mail to our studio. I am thrilled to see that your engagement shoot, was a great experience with amazing images. Thank you to Michelle for doing a great job!

Mitchell · Married on 07/29/2017

Alex and his team really impressed us throughout the process. Not only did they capture every special moment but they made us feel like we were absolute rockstars! We are so thrilled that we can now look back at remember our wedding day so vividly. Abacus Studio offers a can't miss photographer and videographer.

Sent on 08/04/2017
  • c4ta

Cheryl · Married on 07/01/2017

We are both so thrilled with the quality of the photos that we got from Abacus. Doug Davies was our photographer for not only our engagement session, but also the wedding. He captured our style perfectly and was unobtrusive the entire day. he fit in perfectly and got all the must have shots with incredible style. There are so many wonderful photos it's hard to choose which ones to get enlargements of. We also booked videographer services, but have not yet received that as we haven't provided them with the music track for that, but based on the quality of service from them, I am sure we will be more than happy with the finished product. You can't go wrong booking Abacus to take your photos for any event.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Courtney · Married on 06/29/2017

Amazing company to work with ! They were extremely professional and returned emails very quickly. We just had our wedding on 6/29/17 and are so excited o see our footage ! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Michael · Married on 06/25/2017

Alex is a great guy to talk with and he will give you the best deal on photo packages. Also if you get a chance, request Michelle, she is the best photographer they have. Lastly Damien is a great videographer and got all of our wedding moments on DVD. Defiantly worth every penny to have abacus studios for your wedding or any other event for that matter

Sent on 07/17/2017

Christina · Married on 06/10/2017

What a great engagement photo shoot! We had Doug take our engagement pictures at Rutgers Garden, and he was fantastic! We may have picked the hottest, most humid day, but Doug was efficient, yet moved it along because it was unbearable. The pictures are incredible and we were so excited when we saw them, absolutely amazing. Abacus is so easy to work with and we are looking forward to having them at our wedding for the photography and videography.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/13/2017

My wedding was on May 13, 2017 and we had a wonderful photographer, Michelle! She was very nice and fun to be around, it was like she was one of my bridesmaids... that's how much fun we were having. She's very professional and took charge when she needed to, but not in a pushy way at all! She knew how to do her job and she was amazing at it!! We also had a photobooth which was a big hit. I unfortunately didn't get to take any pictures in it because I was so busy running around and before I knew it, the night was over. I did get to speak to Alex for a couple of minutes and he was wonderful as well! I definitely plan on working with Abacus Studios in the future!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Melissa, I am always happy to hear that the level of service we provide, in addition to great photography, video and other services, is clearly visible to our couple and clients. A special Thank you to Michelle who continues to be a SUPER STAR!

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2017

My husband and I booked Abacus for our 5/12/17 wedding at the Crystal ballroom. From the beginning we felt like we were in good hands as the owner Alex is a very friendly and makes you feel right at home. We got the photography and video package which was very affordable for us. The day of our wedding we had Michelle for photos and John for video. Michelle did such an AMAZING job with all the pictures she took for us. You can tell that she truly loves her job and is very passionate about photography. She was so sweet and extremely helpful throughout the day. She even helped with getting my dress bustled! John was behind the scene with the video, but he was very professional throughout the day & we cannot wait to see our wedding day through his lens. We are very appreciative of the service both Michelle and John provided for us. We cannot wait until we see our pictures and video! Thank you again for everything.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Abacus Studios Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Michelle and Our great staff, Michelle and John.

Lorena · Married on 05/11/2017

Michelle did such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. She captured all of the important details and our photos are absolutely stunning! She took so many amazing shots, we do not even know which one to choose! Michelle was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we met her. She was so relaxed and made our photo taking effortless and fun! I would recommend choosing her to capture your wedding day. You will not be disappointed! We are so thankful for Alex and his awesome staff!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Joelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Such an amazing job! Not only did all my pictures come out great but she helped me and my husband feel comfortable and relaxed through out the whole day! I feel like she really went above and beyond with her services, between making sure my dress was always looking good but just over all comfortable feeling which is great. As professional as she was she also made it seem like we had known her for years. What a wonderful experience over all! Thank you again for going above and beyond on our special day!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Nancy · Married on 04/01/2017

From beginning to end, ABUCUS was fantastic! The staff was helpful, attentive, and enthusiastic! Our photos turned out great!

Sent on 04/19/2017