Aaron Spicer Photography Reviews

49 | Fredericksburg, VA

49 Reviews for Aaron Spicer Photography

Tina · Married on 10/08/2011

My goal in hiring a photographer was to avoid having a bunch of wedding pictures that just sit in a book and rarely get looked at again. Aaron took pictures that I am so exicited about that I made a small picture album for people in my bridal party, and I made a collage of reception photos that is hanging in my home so that I look at them every day!

Aaron responded quickly to my inquiry and answered every question fully. We did pre-ceremony pictures with just my husband and I - these turned out beautifully! Aaron has an easy personality that helps you to feel relaxed so he can get the great shot he is after.

During the reception, he got pictures of every one of my guests. Every now and then I was aware of him, but for the most part he blended into the crowd and did not interrupt the party at all. As a result, the pictures are very live and natural - exactly what we wanted! Even our staged shots with the bridal party and family after the ceremony are relaxed and natural.

Aaron is not the least expensive photographer around, but he is worth what he charges. I would definitely hire him again if I had it to do over again knowing what I know now. His pictures are beautiful and will make you smile as you remember your special day!

Sent on 03/13/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2011

Aaron did a fantastic job as our wedding photographer. Photography was on of the most important things on my list when it came to wedding planning and we could not have been happier with the outcome of our wedding photos. He literally captured everything. There were so many things that either I didn't see happen or had forgotten and sure enough he had a picture. That being said, he blended into the crowd and wasn't in they way of guests or in our faces all night which was also important to us ( I hate the paparazzi feel). Aaron took an extrodinary amount of pictures and his turn around time was much shorter than I had expected. I expected it to take at least a month for us to get our pictures back, and we got them two weeks after our wedding (and there were 940 edited pictures).
    Aaron, we can't thank you enough for capturing everything so perfectly. We will cherish these pictures forever and are so thankful we chose you for the job :)

Sent on 10/07/2011

Marie · Married on 08/27/2011

Aaron was a fantastic photographer at our wedding. We absolutely LOVE our wedding and engagement photos! He has such a great eye for unique and beautiful moments throughout the day - he captured so many special pictures that really expressed how wonderful everything was. We highly recommend him. Aaron was professional and easy going throughout - and was fun but discrete the day of. He was also very flexible - not only did he stand out in the rain to take our pictures, but he had no problem moving things around the day before when we had complications with hurricane Irene - he was there for us, and treated us like a good friend would. We couldn't be happier with his services - our photos are so original and fun. We can't wait to think up the next event that we need a great photographer for - we would call Aaron again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/02/2011
  • F

Marjorie · Married on 07/03/2010

My husband and I picked Aaron because we looked at his website and thought he had some fun, original photos. Aaron was very easy to work with and did a good job of blending in with the guests. We were very pleased with the photos we got back- they were beautiful. We asked for a lot of candid shots and he definitely took a lot of really fun ones.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Taylor · Married on 04/17/2010

Aaron shot my husband and I's April wedding, and was really more than I could have asked for in a Photographer. Besides turning out GORGEOUS pictures that will be keepsakes for life, he also listened to the type of photos I wanted - a mix between traditional and modern. Also, he had a very calming presence, which was good for me because I was a ball of energy! I also loved that he 'directs' you without sounding bossy, it was just fun! I felt beautiful, and elegant... all the things a Bride is supposed to feel! Aaron was definitely the perfect choice for us, and I'm more than positive he'll be perfect for you too!

Sent on 05/20/2010

Molly · Married on 04/10/2010

Aaron Spicer was AMAZING. His prices are fair, he is personable and very easy to work with, and all his pictures came out beautifully.

Leading up to our big day, he was always responsive and helpful. The only weekend we were able to do our engagement session was right after Snowmaggedon, and we really wanted to do it on the National Mall -- not a big deal for us since we live close to Metro, but much more difficult for a guy who lives in Fredricksburg. Despite the still treacherous road conditions and lack of parking spots, Aaron trekked all the way to downtown DC and trudged around the Mall with us, producing some remarkable shots along the way.

On our big day he was even better. He worked quickly and efficiently during the "photo op" time after the ceremony and before the reception -- especially important considering we were on a tight schedule -- and perfectly balanced the line between offering professional advice and letting us decide what shots we wanted. We also really liked how non-invasive he was at our reception. He did an unbelievable job of "staying out of the way" but still managed to capture all the important moments and then some. At the end of the night we really wanted to get a shot with ~20 of my husband's fraternity brothers. Unfortunately the DJ had just begun a run of 5 great songs and none of the boys wanted to leave the dance floor. Fortunately, Aaron stuck around for 25 minutes longer than we had him booked, took some more awesome pictures, then snapped the photo for us -- free of charge.

After the wedding he sent us our pictures quickly. His website is simple to use and we love how he gave the rights to our digital negatives.

We heard plenty of horror stories from friends about their wedding photographer; our experience with Aaron couldn't have been better. In summary, we cannot recommend Aaron highly enough.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Robert · Married on 03/27/2010

Aaron was absolutely great for my wife and I. It is extremely difficult to capture all of the events and emotions during an occasion such as a wedding, but Aaron didn't miss a moment and his photos brought back all of the feelings from that day.

Sent on 05/05/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2009

Aaron is professional, kind, comfortable and GREAT at his job. He takes amazing photos and is so easy to work with. I looked long and hard for a photographer and was so happy to find Aaron :)

Sent on 08/10/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/13/2009

Aaron was GREAT - above all his photographs were fabulous, and he really listed to what the Bride/Groom asked for. He was professional, prompt, and reliable. What more could you ask for?!? As a wedding planner, I recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 06/02/2011

Nora · Married on 06/06/2009

We've received so many comments from guests about Aaron's photos, including, "Those are the best wedding photos I've ever seen!" and "These are INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL. I was clueless you had what must have been 30+ photographers, including the one who hung from the church and reception ceilings!!" - actually, Aaron just brought one other photographer! Unobtrusive, professional, determined to get those memorable shots, many flattering candids of guests, capturing the essence of the ceremony's meaning and the joy and fun of the reception. Without hesitation, we'd highly recommend Aaron!

Sent on 11/22/2009

Ray · Married on 02/14/2009

If you are still looking for a photographer than look no further than Aaron Spicer Photography. Our original photographer had to cancel at the last minute to tend to a death in her family and she recommended Aaron and boy did we luck out. Aaron and Kenya were an absolute joy to work with and they not only were extremely patient with all of the "Uncle Bobs" in the crowd but he was extremely flexible with our requests. We have a number of life events happening in the near future and if they require a photographer, we will most definitely use Aaron and Kenya. Even though they were a last minute replacement, you would think they have been working with us for months...Kudos to Aaron Spicer Photography

Sent on 02/18/2009

Cindy · Married on 10/25/2008

Aaron Spicer was absolutely the best! His work is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend his services. He has the best personality that helped us relax and just have fun in the midst of all the commotion! He's professional yet personable, calm, fun, flexible and super cordial! He's great, and we are very glad we chose Aaron for our important day!! Thank you Aaron!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Carly · Married on 07/14/2008

I cannot speak highly enough about Aaron Spicer Photography to do it justice. Aaron replied to me quickly when I requested his services via e-mail. He showed up on time and dressed to impress. Throughout the night I heard many compliments from my guests about his professionalism and how he was getting pictures of everything without being in the way. After the wedding everyone sent me pictures they had taken from the event and I was very dissapointed with the angles and how I looked in many of them (not to be rude to the guests who were kind enough to send them to me, but they were just not what I wanted to see). When Aaron sent me the pictures he had taken I was blown away, to be honest I cried.
    Aaron gave me the rights to do whatever I wanted with the pictures and as a thank you to everyone in my wedding I made them photo books from the big day. Not only were there beautiful picture of everyone, but also breath taking photos of the beach where we got married and the things that I had put together to make the day special (parting gifts, center pieces, cake, etc.)
    My sister got married a month after me and she had a different photographer (whom she'd booked before she'd met Aaron at my wedding). During the wedding her photographer was unorganized, he didn't tell anyone how to stand or what to do, so her husband jokes that the pictures would be nice if everyone in them didn't look so confused. She is was really upset that she did not break her contract and go with Aaron. I didn't realize how lucky I was to have stumbled upon his services, but my entire family and I always recommend him when we hear someone needs a photographer, you would be crazy not to hire him!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2008

Aaron was amazing. He was flexible, trading our engagement session with our rehersal, listening to what we wanted, and was at the wedding site before anyone from the actual wedding party was there! I was very impressed with his work, especially after I got the pictures back! Thanks Aaron!

Sent on 09/04/2008

Heather · Married on 05/31/2008

Aaron was great to work with. The engagement photos and the wedding pictures all turned out great. He was able to capture shots of us that no one else captured and looking through the pictures brings back all the great memories of the night and things that I may have forgotten because everything happened so fast! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/28/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/18/2010

I cannot recommend Aaron Spicer highly enough. We just received the proofs of our photos last week and they totally surpassed my expectations (which were pretty high after the lovely engagement photos we did with Aaron earlier this year). Aaron did a great job of capturing moments in a way where you can truly feel the emotion--joy, tears... even my near meltdown over trying to apply liquid eyeliner with shaky hands! He was never in the way or trying to drive the action, but somehow he was there to grab all of the best moments. He made excellent use of backgrounds and the scenery at our outdoor farm venue. He worked magic with light, composition, and framing of shots (this last sentence according to my more photography-savvy husband). My jaw dropped when I got the proofs and saw that Aaron had slipped out for a nighttime shot of the venue and actually captured a shooting star above the barn where the reception was held! (You can see this shot on his blog.)

My husband and I were looking for a photographer who would capture the essence of our wedding in a natural, unobtrusive way without spending too much time on posed photos that would keep us, our family, and our attendants away from the party for too long. Aaron definitely delivered on this count, but indicated that he was flexible to do whatever we wanted. I provided him with a few suggested arrangements of family and friends, and he added a few more poses for my husband and me.

But the best part of working with Aaron was his friendliness and his sharing in the joy of our wedding and reception. I looked over during the toasts and saw Aaron laughing at the jokes, and always saw a smile on his face throughout the whole event. I think this emotional involvement helps Aaron connect with the events he shoots in a way that produces such fantastic results in the finished product.

Sent on 11/13/2010

Denise · Married on 10/07/2009

The pictures came out great, and we were both impressed. Was well worth the money we put in, great service and quality.

Sent on 03/23/2010

James · Married on 04/15/2009

Aaron Spicer photographed my wedding and did an INCREDIBLE job. They were so responsive, enthusiastic, professional and flexible! It seemed like they were really having a lot of fun with what they were doing, and it was so nice to have them at the event! They also shot our engagement photos, which was an equally fantastic experience. They are also an extremely responsive and genuine people who honestly cares about your event and your photos. The entire experience with this vendor was top-notch and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/19/2009

Kyle · Married on 10/29/2017

We are very happy with our choice to have Aaron photograph our wedding. We took time to interview several photographers, and we were most impressed by Aaron’s portfolio. He drove up from Fredericksburg to Alexandria to meet us for lunch, which we appreciated. Aaron is both personable and professional.

We did an engagement photo shoot at Meadowlark Gardens in early spring, and Aaron got some great shots of us enjoying the cherry blossoms.

At the main event, Aaron showed up early and was ready to get some great shots. He had to get a little creative, because we had rain all day. Even still, we got some great photos from the covered porch and around the venue inside. During the ceremony and reception, we barely noticed Aaron moving around taking photos. When he delivered the final results, every picture had smiling people. There were great and artistic shots of all of our guests having a good time. It really captured the feel of the night.

Throughout our interactions with Aaron he communicated well and professionally. We are very pleased with our choice of having him document our wedding; he did so with a mixture of elegant and natural candid photos.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Aaron was very attentive and very professional. I haven't been the easiest/most available bride; work has kept me very busy. Aaron was so patient and considerate and we were able to work out a contact that suited both my fiance and I. We're very excited that we got Aaron as our photography. For the quality of service & price, Aaron easily beats out most of the other bigger vendors in DC.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/10/2010

Aaron has such great vision! He came right in and he felt very comfortable around our family and friends. I was running a little late with my hair and makeup and he just took charge getting my dress out to photograph! He is obviously experienced and highly professional! He captured our wedding day just the way we wanted! We got our proofs via website about 3 weeks after our wedding-they were just beautiful! We highly reccommend Aaron for your wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2010

allison · Married on 05/16/2009

I would highly recommend Aaron Spicer Photography to anyone having a wedding in the DC area. I am in love with my wedding pictures and Aaron and Willow are wonderful people. You can tell Aaron loves what he does.

Sent on 06/26/2009

3.6
      2.5

Aaron was really great to work with and helpful during the planning process. He was very responsive to return calls and emails, and even showed up early to the wedding. The only problem that I had was that following the ceremony Aaron was not very helpful in giving direction for the photos. I would have thought that someone who had done weddings before would have been a little more helpful in guiding the bridal party and family and what type of photos to take. Had I not taken the lead I'm not sure how many photos I would have actually gotten. Overall it made the experience a little more stressful than it should have been.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Barbara · Married on 12/31/2009

2.4
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0

When we met Aaron and saw his portfolio we were excited to book him, however we were not very happy with the end results. We used him for our engagement pictures and wedding and were not very happy with either.

We ended up doing our engagement pictures last minute. For how much we paid we thought we would get more but only got 70 pictures and out of those 70 we like 10. We booked him because his portfolio made him seem creative but we didn't see that creativity at all. Everything was very generic. When we got the pictures back we were very nervous for the wedding pictures and rightfully so.

There was no creativity in the wedding pictures. Not all of our guests were photographed, I didn't get any individual shots with each member of the wedding party, and there were no shots of the two families together. I felt like there were more pictures of certain guests than of me, my husband or our families.

We also had rented a limo to go to DC to take pictures. I am not a photographer so my husband and I relied on him on where to go to take pictures. It ended up being a waste of a limo rental because maybe 3 pictures ended up being usable. When we booked him we told him we were looking for more a creative person and we wanted in the moment shots but also traditional and unfortunately we were just very very disappointed.

If we did it again we would not have booked him and paid the extra money to go with someone who would get all the shoots and been creative.

Sent on 08/25/2010