A22 Wedding Photography Reviews

36 | Portland, OR

36 Reviews for A22 Wedding Photography

Michelle · Married on 06/29/2013

Ron Hope was my wedding photographer for my June 29th 2013 wedding and I literally can not say enough good things about him! He was there to capture every moment and detail and didn't miss a thing. More importantly- he made all my guests, bridal party, and of course my groom and I, feel comfortable and at ease so we could be natural in front of the camera. Half the time I didn't even know he was there- but when direction was needed he stepped up and gave very clear instructions for people. We got our pictures back faster than I ever expected and they were more than I could have ever hoped for. I'm so blessed to have had such a great photographer capture our special day- I look back at the photos and am transported right back there. Thanks again Ron!! Your work is amazing and I can't wait to use you for future events!

Sent on 03/02/2014

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2012

I am so happy I picked Ron to be the photographer of such an important day. I never had to worry about getting all the photos I wanted--after a quick pre-game to go over some important shots, I knew he would take care of everything. He was a comfortable addition to the morning's activities, unobtrusively capturing all the classic "getting ready" moments. I don't even remember seeing him during the ceremony, but looking over the pictures it is clear he was everywhere he needed to take the truly beautiful pictures of the event. The posed pictures after the ceremony are great, and he took complete advantage of the beautiful rose garden. I really loved the restaurant selected for the reception, it had some really unique features and I was really excited to see those come through the photographs of the party. There were plenty of things I was worried about leading up to the wedding, but the pictures were never one of them.

Sent on 02/26/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2012

Ron was great on our wedding day. We didn't have any specific photos in mind, so he just went for it. I couldn't be happier with the pics from our special day from walking down the isle to small details, he captured it all!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Victoria · Married on 07/20/2012

My husband and I splurged on the full package with Ron, which included engagement photos as well. Ron's services were worth every penny! The engagement photos alone were phenomenal and we have presently have our favorite shot of that day hanging up as a canvas in our powder room. As for the day of the wedding, Ron was completely game for all of our pre- and post-ceremony pics, including a bridal party pedicab parade. All of the action shots came out great, Ron didn't miss one important moment, and we now have thousands of shots to pick from to construct our wedding album. I would highly recommend Ron to satisfy all of your wedding photography needs.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Jasper · Married on 06/19/2010

When we were looking for a wedding photographer we had a few key things we could only hope to find all in one place. A fresh, interesting perspective on photos, the ability to catch candid moments that we would have otherwise missed, and a realistic price for a couple funding their own wedding. Ron met all three! He also brought a calm energy to the day that made me feel like a movie star while keeping me relaxed at the same time. When he met up with me at the salon before the wedding to take “getting ready” shots I was a frazzled mess a nerves, overly concerned with what could go wrong with the day. His calm composure and professional but friendly manner helped me to let go and truly enjoy the day. I think any experienced wedding photographer is part therapist to the bride! Ron listened to how we wanted our photos to look and what overall style we were hoping for – he exceeded our expectations. He is truly versatile and can actualize any ideas you may have for how you want your photos to turn out. Our pictures are amazing! He caught every expression and gesture my husband and I made during our ceremony ~ I had no idea we were so animated. And the photos of our kiss could be turned into a flip book. Thank you Ron for documenting our day so perfectly!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Benjamin · Married on 07/19/2008

Ron is obviously an amazing photographer. His work simply speaks for itself. However, what photos often cannot tell you, is the kind of person behind the camera you'll be working with.

As for Ron, we have a winner! He's not only talented, but he's easy going, a friendly-professional and he listens to what you want, while still being confident enough to share his ideas on how to literally capture those perfect moments you're really after.

Our wedding photos were wonderful, but what's more important is the experience we will always have of running around downtown Portland and shooting different shots of mine and my wife's favorite places, including where we first kissed.

Thanks Ron! And nearly 6-years later, the wife and I are still happy as ever!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Lezlie · Married on 07/29/2006

My Husband and I were more than pleased with our wedding photographer. We were absolutely blown away with our photos. He capture the most amazing moments. He was inexpensive for the quality of photos we received. He traveled all the way from Portland to the Vineyard where we were married in Roseburg. He has a wonderful personality. He was so patient with the kiddos that were in our wedding, that were not to thrilled about having their picture taken. The "Un-Posed" Pictures were my favorite. I have a picture of my father and I walking down the isle, it was perfect, it looked like it belonged in a bridle magazine. I tear up every time I look at it, it was absolutely breath taking! Everything was just so natural and nothing looked staged. He was quick but he captured every beautiful detail. I have those to cherish forever now. His work is Absolutely flawless! We recommend him to everyone we know!

Sent on 02/18/2014

I confess that I was a "photography skeptic" before my wedding. You know, I wondered if anybody actually appreciates their wedding photos, or if people just file them away as a kind of keepsake. So I was pretty indifferent to the whole thing, until my wife noticed A22. Looking at Ron's work with her, I agreed he has a gift for capturing natural and candid moments, in gorgeous, richly composed photos that somehow manage to be simultaneously more glamorous yet more genuine than most wedding photos. Meeting with Ron, I still wasn't sure what to expect, but he was probably the easiest vendor to deal with in our whole wedding. He is flexible, and does an amazing job listening to the client, without adding any extra worry for an already stressed-out couple. To tell you the truth, the wedding was so overwhelming and fun that I really didn't think about the photos much. But looking back on that day, Ron was everywhere - not intrusive or all that noticeable, but I can recall about 30 times that night when I saw him get a particular shot and thought "yes"! Well, the best part is that we just got the USB (after Ron already had already given us rapid access to thousands of images just after the wedding), and, I have to say, I am no longer a photography skeptic! The photos are breathtaking. He captured such a massive and rich variety of shots that it's almost overwhelming to look at. I will have hours and hours of fun going through these and choosing my favorites. I never thought a photographer could be SO worth the money, but our faith in A22 has paid off beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Ron to anyone who wants photos that have a little something extra special in them - photos that you will look at, and laugh at, and marvel at for weeks (and months, and years!). Thank you A22, for visualizing the beauty and the joy that was our wedding and the people we love. P.S. Ron's a really nice guy too!

Sent on 09/22/2015
  • Y

Yifan · Married on 08/08/2014

Ron made my special day extra special. He was very professional during the whole process. The pictures turned out phenomenal. I have had compliments from everyone who has seen them.Thank you for everything! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Ron was great and met with us twice before the event. He stayed a little later since everything was running late and got our photos to us promptly. He was really friendly and easy to work with. He is not the kind of photographer that is going to corral your family for you, so have a plan of what pics you want (certain people together or poses).

Sent on 03/19/2015

Marcia · Married on 08/18/2013

Ron was a wonderful photographer, shooting photos at our wedding in a photojournalistic style that allowed us to see things we missed during the actual day, as well as happily taking some staged family photographs. His personal style was such that he actually added to the event, rather than getting in the way and detracting from the ceremony or the special moments of the day. We particularly enjoyed how he took us across the street from our venue to the park between the ceremony and the reception, giving us a precious few moments together to let the reality of our marriage sink in, as well as giving us some lovely couple shots.

As a lesbian couple with children, we were a little concerned hiring a vendor pretty much sight unseen, but Ron was warm and professional and really understood that our wedding was the same as anyone else's. I would heartily recommend his services.

Sent on 04/05/2014