A Villa Louisa Reviews

109 | Bolton, CT

109 Reviews for A Villa Louisa

Miecha · Married on 09/16/2017

We could not have asked for a more perfect place to get married. From the beginning to the end we received the best service from AVL. Lana, Harold and Angela were amazing to work with and extremely flexible. On the day of Harold ensured that everything was perfect and that the reception flowed on time. We would 100% recommend AVL!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough great things about A Villa Louisa. Everything is amazing, from the food to the staff. I couldn't have asked for a more helpful coordinator or staff that is looking to make your day magical.

Sent on 09/24/2017
  • F

Franceska · Married on 09/03/2017

Absolutely great experience. Everyone was very professional and all of my guests had a great time. No complaints at all! Very satisfied.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

A Villa Louisa was the perfect place for my husband and I to get married. We got to work with Harold and Lana both of who we so nice and so very easy to work with. The food was fantastic. Want to go back and do it all over again just to eat. My guest couldn't get over the food and how much we had to offer them.
    They set the room with my truck load of decor perfectly. Everyone loved everything. Still hearing from people saying it it truly is the best wedding they have attended.
    Harold was truly with best banquet manager/bride best friend I could ask for. He was there for every need and silly question. Any bride would be so lucky to have him at her side. I really don't have one negative comment to say!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2017

We got married on 9/2/17 at A Villa Louisa and I cannot express how amazing everything was. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing. It's 2 weeks later and I still have guests coming up to me telling me how much they enjoyed the food, the staff and the venue. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and so well maintained, I didn't have to add any of my own decorations outside for the ceremony or really inside at all. As a bride there is a lot going on leading up to the final day, after our final meeting the week prior to the wedding, I can honestly say, I had no worries or concerns with anything. Lana and Harold are a pleasure to work with and made it such a wonderful experience that I will never forget. The entire night went as smooth as possible and I could not be happier. The staff was amazing and always making sure we, as well as our guests, had everything we needed. I had a few odd requests and when I asked if they could be done, there was no hesitation. I wish I could host a party here every weekend :-) I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2017

We got married here Saturday, August 26, 2017. The ceremony was held by the waterfall, it was beautiful. We had such a wonderful experience!! The staff really worked hard to make our day extra special , Lana and Harold went above and beyond to assure that everything went according to planned. The food was delicious, the servers kept checking on us asking us if we needed anything. My guests had a wonderful time and are still ranting and raving about how much fun they had. I didn't even have to set up decorations/party favors, etc. I dropped everything off in a box at the final meeting, and they set it up just the way I wanted it!! I couldn't express enough how happy I was with A Villa Louisa. We also took pictures on the grounds, they came out beautiful!! I would definitely recommend this venue for any occasion!! They made my dream come true. Everything I envisioned as a bride on my wedding day, they made it happen! Thank you!! Special thanks to Lana, she is awesome!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Brian · Married on 08/26/2017

My new wife and I were struggling to find a venue for our wedding as we were trying to put everything together in 4 months. Then she attended a bridal expo at A Villa Louisa which was a game changer. The banquet hall was perfect and spoke for itself needing very few decorations. The waterfall in the “lobby” area was beautiful. The outside patio area (with another waterfall) looked gorgeous and the gazebo area where we had the ceremony was picture-perfect and located very close to the reception which was needed as we had many elder family members; some in wheelchairs, in attendance who had no difficulty getting from the ceremony to the reception. Additionally, the venue offered quite a few areas for some amazing pictures.

The day of the event went flawless much to the credit of Harald who I believe is the event coordinator. Harald was always there for us prior to the event to answer any questions and when it came time to deliver he exceeded all expectation. The entire staff was friendly, professional and accommodation which I feel is a product of Harald’s leadership and work ethic. There is no doubt in my mind A Villa Louisa will be at the top of a short list for any future event.

Sent on 10/01/2017
  • W

Waleska · Married on 07/08/2017

This venue was everything I looked for.. Angela was wonderful and was always on top of everything I wanted .. Very friendly !!!!?????? my wedding was a dream come true!!!??

Sent on 07/23/2017

Sabrina · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I got married in Aruba in July 2017 and chose to have our CT reception at A Villa Louisa. We worked with Angela and Lana throughout the planning process to ensure that our reception was low key and a fun celebration for everyone who could not attend our ceremony in Aruba. We had heard rave reviews about the food so we decided to book our CT reception there since it could accommodate larger parties. We had about 180 guests in attendance. The food was excellent and we had guests telling us weeks after the event that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding venue! All of our guests had a great time and loved the venue. We can’t wait to go back to try the brunch!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2017

We could not be happier with our wedding experience at A Villa Louisa. We had a smaller wedding with about 100 guests on a Sunday. Angela and Charlene exceeded our expectations and were amazing throughout the whole planning process and also on our wedding day. Their professionalism and attention to detail was very impressive! I especially liked that A Villa Louisa has relationships with trusted local vendors and some of their services are included in the packaging pricing. It made it very easy for me! The catering staff and bartender also went the extra mile for us and our guests. One of the reasons we originally chose A Villa Louisa is because we had heard that the food was great and it absolutely was! We heard nothing but great things from our guests. We wanted to have our ceremony and photos onsite in their garden area and I am so glad we did! It was beautiful! Not only would I absolutely recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding experience, I would also recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or bridal shower, a birthday party, or a corporate event as they can accommodate all of them. You will not be disappointed with this venue!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Debbi · Married on 06/03/2017

Absolutely positively fantastic! Could not have been a better venue for the Gummoe's wedding. Very accommodating. Excellent staff. Absolute perfection. Stress-free planning assistance. Angela and Amy are the best in the business. Excellent food and over-the-top Venetian dessert bar. Way more than we anticipated and the best value for the money. Sunday brunches are also amazing.--Debbi Tower, MOB/Financier

Sent on 06/16/2017

Julian · Married on 06/03/2017

A Villa Louisa hosted our wedding in June of 2017.

Angela (and the rest of the team) were awesome to work with from our first meeting through execution of the event. They were willing to do as much or as little as we needed, but most importantly allowed us to avoid stress and truly enjoy our special day.

The ceremony was on site. The outdoor area / gazebo were done up very nicely. Despite a quick rainstorm, everything went as planned. There are several good areas for pictures - we did all of ours on site before and after the ceremony.

We opted for a daytime (Saturday) brunch reception from 12-5. The brunch buffet options all turned out very well - actually exceeded expectations. We definitely enjoyed the food and our guest also provided very positive reviews.

Overall - we would highly recommend A Villa Louisa to host a wedding ceremony and reception. The grounds are well manicured and making for an ideal setting for both pictures and ceremony. The staff was very accommodating and easy to work with. They offer a great price point relative to other options we considered. Last but not least, the food was great!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/28/2017

Our experience at A Villa Louisa was nothing short of amazing! Throughout the entire planning process Angela was so helpful in answering any and all questions we had. On the evening of our wedding, everything went perfectly. The entire staff was so helpful in making sure our and our guest needs were being met. The venue itself is beautiful, and the food was DELICIOUS, our guests loved it! Overall I would absolutely recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with great food and an easy experience, there was no stress involved at all.

Sent on 06/22/2017
  • Salgirl

Sally · Married on 05/27/2017

We had our wedding reception at A Villa Louisa on May 27th 2017. We could not have asked for a better venue. Everything about our day exceeded all our expectations. All the staff were wonderful throughout the entire planning process, and treated us and our guests amazingly on the big day. All the inclusions on the price of the reception was a major plus. It made the planning and budget of our wedding reception much more manageable. The grounds are lovely and we got some beautiful pictures on site. We are so grateful to the entire A Villa Louisa team for all their hard work in making our day fabulous!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Noelisa · Married on 04/22/2017

I got married on April 22 at A villa Louisa. For my husband and I, it was a great experience working with Angela! She is very knowledgeable, extremely dedicated and always willing to listen to our requests and questions!

We loved our ceremony and reception, the venue is beautiful. Our families have only good words for the food, the service and the venue in general :-D!! They keep mentioning to us how delicious the food was!! I think this will not be the last time Angela hears from us, there are a couple of quinceañeras getting close in my family, and they are already thinking of A Villa Louisa.

We can't thank Angela enough for all her hard work to make our wedding a memorable event!

Thanks!
    Noelisa

Sent on 05/01/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

This venue is fantastic. The good and the crew are amazing and they really do take care of you and all your needs. The guests loved the food and of course so did us.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Hello Amanda,

We all thank you here at A Villa Louisa for taking the time to give us a review on your experience with us. We look forward to having you both here with us again soon!

• F

Fernanda · Married on 09/18/2016

Wedding of my dreams!!!
    My husband and I got married at A Villa Louisa in September 2016 and it was magical. It was the greatest fit in my budget (their price is unbeatable), the place is amazing with different settings on the outside and a classy beautiful inside. The view and settings on the outside were amazing for the wedding pictures... the inside is even more beautiful. I recommend the place to anyone looking to host a wedding like mine (small ceremony) and also to a big party. They are in every possible way understandable and flexible. The food was OUTSTANDING, their staff was the best people to work with. When I was leaving the hotel in my wedding dress in the morning of my weeding I met the family that had their wedding at AVL the night before and they also had really nice things to say about the place, food and staff... which made me feel more secure about my decision to book AVL. My family already spread the word about A Villa Louisa in Brazil (they loved the place).

Good day Fernanda,

Thank you much for saying the things you did about us here at A Villa Louisa! Your day was definitely memorable! We thank you for choosing us and do look forward to seeing you both here in the very near future! We wish you all the best and congratulations once again!

Christin · Married on 09/17/2016

It was a wonderful magical day, everything was perfect, food was great, the staff was wonderful, it was the perfect day :)

Sent on 10/29/2016

Hi Christin,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience here with A Villa Louisa and the crew. Your day was truly special and one that we will not forget. Hope to see you both in the near future!

Management & staff!

Arianna · Married on 09/10/2016

My day was perfect thanks to A Villa Louisa! They were one of the more affordable venues in the Manchester area, and they simply have the BEST food, service, and flexibility. We first met with Lana, who was very understanding, flexible, and professional. She worked with us to tailor the package to our needs to fit our budget, which was very much appreciated, and made it possible for us to afford other small details for the wedding. There were many changes in package prices and staffing happening in the company after our first meeting - (we had Lana, then GiGi, then Angela as our coordinators). However, we were kept informed about the whole process, there was continuity with all our details, and the price on our contract was honored and did not increase. I think you can judge a lot about a company by how they perform under pressure, and A Villa Louisa completely met all my expectations even when going through these changes. The ballroom is very traditional: lots of old gold - beautiful chandeliers and ornate gilted scrollwork and drapery on vaulted ceilings, big stone fireplaces at each end, comfortable gold chairs, 2 bars, and uplighting with a good-sized wooden dancefloor in a spacious room perfect for about 175 people. The food tasting was extremely helpful, and they make all the dishes you would ever want to try by special request - amazing service! The food is out of this world - we got so many compliments on it all night, and the cake came included through Modern Pastry and was delicious as well. The whole staff worked closely with us and even let me come in and do some decorating the week before the wedding so I could take pictures of the set-ups for the staff to replicate on the big day. They also have beautiful flowers, a gazebo, a little footbridge, and a great view of the sunset on the grounds so you can take all your wedding photos right there! I would highly recommend them to anyone, thank you A Villa Louisa!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Hello Arianna!
    It was AMAZING to be a part of your special day and how truly special and beautiful it was, not to mention you were absolutely dazzling. We here at A Villa Louisa thank you for taking the time to express your experience here with us. We hope to see more of you and Craig in the near future. We wish you both wondrous, continued happiness!!!!!

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2016

We were married on September 9 at A Villa Louisa. Everything was absolutely perfect. Our guests raved about all the food - from appetizers to dessert - absolutely delicious!! Amy was very attentive and accommodating all night and the staff didn't miss a beat. The venue was beautiful and many of our guests asked how we found this beautiful place. We would not have changed a thing. It was perfect and I highly recommend this for any occasion. Amy and Lana are the best!!

Mikele · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I had an AMAZING reception in the Sunset Room at A Villa Louisa on September 03rd 2016! Our reception was greater than all of our expectations and it was everything we could have imagined! The food was absolutely incredible, from the appetizers to the entrees... our guests are still raving about how delicious everything was! Lana, our coordinator was just wondeful as was the entire staff! Everybody at A Villa Louisa was so attentive and every little detail was taken care of! All of my handmade details were set up just as I had described them and the room was so beautiful! The grounds were beautiful and we were able to take such amazing pictures! We had the best experience ever and we could not have hoped for more! I strongly recommend A Villa Louisa, if you have your wedding or reception here you will not be disappointed!

Mikele and Rick Cater

Amber · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I got married at A Villa Louisa in August of 2016. We decided to look at the venue because the prices were so much better than anywhere else. When we had our first walk-through, we both clicked with Lana and decided this would be the place we would get married. A Villa Louisa was by far the best choice we made about our day. The food is amazing (my guests are still talking about the creamy pasta dish), they were so willing to customize anything for us and the space was perfect. Amy and Lana helped us so much throughout the crazy wedding process. They answered all of the questions immediately and were always willing to have last minute face to face meetings. We highly recommend A Villa Louisa. Such a gem.

Lorrie · Married on 08/27/2016

Villa Louisa was exceptional with their service, food and all details of table settings, flowers, and working with vendors. I cannot say enough about Lana and Amy who went above and beyond to ensure success. It was flawless! I highly recommend Villa Louisa for any event you may want to have.

Lynne · Married on 07/30/2016

My daughter's wedding reception was at A Villa Louisa on 7/30/2016. I would highly recommend this "hidden gem" to anyone looking for a wedding venue or any other type of function. We had a wonderful experience at "A Villa Louisa". The owner, wedding coordinator and staff were extremely accommodating and helpful to us throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding went very smoothly, my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Our guests raved about the food. Both the quality and the quantity of food was exceptional, and the service was great too! I honestly don't think there is a better value in the area for a top notch wedding reception!!!

Mark · Married on 05/21/2016

You can stop searching for wedding venues now, you've found the perfect one here with A Villa Louisa! If you're reading this, odds are you're in the same situation my wife and I were in 2 years ago when we started planning our wedding. Well needless to say, after visiting numerous other venues around CT we came across A Villa Louisa and were blown away at how much better they were than the rest. They have a recently renovated the whole place with beautiful landscaping around the whole building as well as updated the interior. Your jaw will drop when you pull up to this place, and the same goes for your guests when they arrive. There's plenty of parking and easy handicapped access which was very important to us since we have a big family with a few older relatives who we wanted to make sure could easily join us on our special day. We chose to have our ceremony as well as the reception there to make it a one-stop event. The gazebo offered the perfect location with a beautiful backdrop. We had a May wedding and there was a chance for rain, but Gigi (our wedding coordinator) assured us they would be able to flawlessly move it all indoors if needed. One thing we wanted in a venue was to be able to tell them what we wanted and be able to stand back and let them handle it. There is too much stress involved in planning a wedding, so it was a great relief knowing we didn't have to micromanage our venue. We picked our package (Italian Feast), picked our entrees, picked our appetizers, picked our colors and just showed up for our rehearsal dinner with our centerpieces and party favors and everything was beautifully set up for us on the big day. I can't stress how important it is to just trust in the people at A Villa Louisa to do their thing and blow you away. I have a lot more great things to say, but they're limiting me on this site. Read the rest of my review on the knot.