A Victorian Bride Hair & Makeup Design Team Reviews

A Victorian Bride Hair & Makeup Design Team 5
A Victorian Bride Hair & Makeup Design Team 6
A Victorian Bride Hair & Makeup Design Team 7

Tiffani · Married on 08/04/2015

Linda is absolutely amazing! She made me feel like a princess and a movie star.. I looked like I could be on the cover of a magazine! ! She's funny, sweet and down to earth. She makes you feel like you've been friends for a lifetime when you meet her! I 100% recommend her to any bride, or anyone in the bridal party! You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Linda! !
    Tiffani W... from Indiana

Sent on 08/05/2015

Davina · Married on 06/27/2015

Linda (the owner) and her team did such a great job on our hair and make-up! We had a package that had pricing set for bride + 5. We spent 6 hours in a room getting ready and it was as if Linda and her assistant had been friends with us for years. The conversation was great and it was never uncomfortable. They were open to our requests and worked to make us comfortable. I don't wear lots of makeup (except mascara), so I was worried that i would look too made up. After my trial, that worry was long gone. My bridesmaids and I get so many compliments on our hair and make-up at my wedding. I definitely recommend A Victorian Bride!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Nikki · Married on 06/26/2015

Linda drove an hour to my wedding location and did a fantastic job on doing my two junior bridesmaids hair and did a fantastic job. She then did my hair and makeup exactly as I had imagined it to look. It was gorgeous and flawless. She knows exactly what she's doing and is a complete natural artist at knowing how to make " me " the bride feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. Which is what every bride wants for Her wedding... Right?? Great job Linda! I thought you did an awesome job! Thanks!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2015

Linda and Marilyn did an excellent job on hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mom. Linda went above and beyond by providing free help to those who attempted doing their own hair and even tried not to charge for doing my grandmother's hair, which she was not originally scheduled to do. Linda also helped my mom and I figure out tips for other vendors, and both women were great about having to change bridal rooms part way through the day. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kim · Married on 03/26/2015

Once Linda arrived and greeted me with a warm hug I knew she would be perfect. She was kind, easy to talk to, and professional. My hair and make up was absolutely flawless and was exactly what I had envisioned. I LOVED how blue my eyes looked!! I received endless compliments from friends and family about how radiant I looked. My makeup lasted through several tears, hugs, and smiles while my hair withstood the wind on the beach. Since bridal parties usually have to spend so much time in a salon on their wedding day it was so relaxing being able to rest in our room with a glass of wine and visit with friends and family. Not having to worry about driving to get our hair and makeup done with the unpredictable traffic on the island was an added bonus. All around amazing experience. Thanks again Linda!

Sent on 03/31/2015

I just wanted to thank you and Marilyn for doing a terrific job with our hair and makeup for the wedding on Saturday. Everything came out so beautiful. I've only seen a few pictures so far, but it all looks lovely! I appreciate your patience and flexibility with our changing schedules. I also appreciate you doing my niece's hair. She felt so special and loved her hair, so I can't thank you enough for helping to make the day special for her as well.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Elaine · Married on 12/13/2014

Linda Shepard and her make-up artist, Marilyn, provided a fabulous experience for my daughter and her wedding party. They both have great personalities and even better skills. Don't let the name "Victorian" get in the way. Linda can do any kind of hair style you like and do it well on any kind of hair. Marilyn is a true artist with make-up and even made this old lady look good! If you want to relax and have fun on your wedding day AND look really good (and who doesn't?), please choose A Victorian Bride. You will definitely have NO regrets.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Katie · Married on 11/02/2014

Linda was fab at organising my wedding hair and make-up, very prompt with replies to e-mails. Jane was our hair and make-up artist on the day and we were all thrilled with her work! She was lovely and made us feel so relaxed. I loved my hair and had compliments throughout the day on my eye make up :)
    They make everything so easy because they come to you rather than you having to go to the salon. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/01/2014

Linda and her team of talented women were AMAZING! Despite the fact that Linda had injured herself just before the wedding and between our schedules I was unable to have a trial run of my hair and makeup, Linda assured me everything would be perfect. They ALL came to our beach house the morning of the wedding! They arrived on time, they were prepared and very professional and super friendly! They calmed me down when I was getting nervous and anxious and they made sure I ate breakfast and relaxed (especially considering I was running on 3 hours of sleep!) They were SO accommodating - Even to the point where they allowed my (now) husband to drop in last minute and get some airbrush makeup over his eye from a little scuffle he had with one of the groomsmen earlier that morning (Yes, you heard me correctly! Hence why I only had 3 hours of sleep! haha) I am so glad I trusted Linda and proceeded to have them do the hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law and my grandmother! These are the most talented, kind and wonderful women!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Megan · Married on 10/18/2014

Linda did an amazing job!!! My make up and hair was perfect and stayed all day long!! She is so talented and such a nice person. I couldn't have asked for anything more.. Thanks Linda!! :)

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/13/2014

Linda did my hair and makeup for my wedding on Siesta Key. I had not selected hair style in advance and left it to Linda to suggest a style. She did an amazing job and gave me a classic and detailed upstyle that suited my dress perfectly. Her makeup was also amazing and looked great in the photos. Neither hair or makeup budged an inch despite some wind on the beach and even a little rain. Linda was also kind enough to come back to my hotel before the ceremony to help me into my lace up dress! She is such a warm and friendly person. Any bride lucky enough to be styled by Linda will look picture perfect!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Linda did my hair and make-up on September 6, 2014 for my anna maria island beach wedding and everything was perfect. I originally wanted to go with the airbrush due to it being on the beach and she assured me her make-up would be good. The tears during my ceremony had no effect on the beautiful work she performed. The 4 of us all had hair and make-up, she showed up on location on time and completed everyones look in the time frame she suggested. It was so much fun laughing with them and it really helped put my nerves to rest. I recommend her to any bride looking for hair and make-up on the special day.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Janah · Married on 07/17/2014

Not having my hair styled or make-up applied on location before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Linda arrived with all of her supplies and greeted me with a big hug. She spent over 2 hours with me and we visited the entire time. She immediately put me at ease and quelled my nerves as I felt like I was talking to an old friend. I was leary about having a stylist other than my own style for hair for my special day, but I couldn't have been happier! By looking at pictures, she was able to capture the look I was going for. My make-up was breathtaking! I didn't even dream that it could look that natural. I only wish that I lived closer so that I could have Linda style me for all special events! Linda is a must have for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • amberjeffvadas

Amber · Married on 06/27/2014

Loved Linda. So very sweet and kind. She is the BEST at what she does. There is no one better!! I have nothing negative to say about her in any regards. She was timely, professional, kind, and happy to do her job. Thanks so much Linda wish we lived closer so I could use your services more often!

Sent on 07/16/2014

A Victorian Bride Hair & Makeup Design Team's reply:

Dearest Amber,
    Thank you so very much. You were a pleasure to work with as well. We had fun! Yes, closer would be good. Great fun and friendship with you.

Stefanie · Married on 06/23/2014

Linda was charm to work with. She quickly responded to emails and was very helpful. Being a destination bride I was nervous. On the day of the wedding Linda and Jane were prompt and got to work quickly. Linda helped calm my nerves by chatting and keep us entertained. My mom and friend looked amazing. My hair and makeup turned out exactly how I imagined and some. I almost cried when I looked in the mirror. My makeup lasted all night even in the heat which really impressed me. I truly recommend Linda and her team for makeup and hair. It was pleasure to have them share in our special day!! Thanks again Linda and Jane:)

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jan · Married on 06/14/2014

My hair and makeup were absolutely perfect!! Linda arrived on the scene and immediately began performing her magic. She is so friendly, personable, and talented. My daughter and I both had our makeup and hair done and we were both BEYOND satisfied.

My wedding day was sunny and 94 degrees and our makeup and hair held perfectly all day and even during beach pictures and the reception.

Thanks to Linda, my wedding day was worry free. She promptly returned all phone calls, answered questions, and was so flexible and professional. Without any hesitation, I recommend A VICTORIAN BRIDE! ~ Jan ~

Sent on 07/29/2014

Jacklyn · Married on 04/05/2014

Linda and Marilyn were amazing! Linda did my three bridesmaids hair, our 6 1/2 year old's hair and my hair. Marilyn did make up for myself and two bridesmaids and my mom! All the girls looked amazing! I don't typically wear makeup or do my hair, and my now husband was initially unsure of needing someone to do make up and hair the day of the wedding, but after he saw us all, he was blown away!! Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Gina · Married on 03/23/2014

Where do I begin. WOW!!!!! Linda and her team are just AMAZING. The hair and make-up they did on me and 6 others for my wedding day was just beautiful we all looked gorgeous. Linda is so easy to work with and she makes you #1 anything and everything you want she provides. Linda came directly to my hotel room so we didn't have to worry about a thing. Linda was so easy to communicate with she was always available by email or phone. You want to be made to look like a super star call Linda you will walk away amazed just like I did.

Sent on 03/28/2014

Outstanding service!!! Victorian Bride exemplifies elegance in style and grace with the most expertise competence. Linda did amazing work and was absolutely wonderful to spend time with, particularly given some unforeseen challenges I faced before meeting with her (which had nothing to do with her, just life ~ yet her quality of empathetic responsiveness reduced my own stress). She provided a high quality of interpersonal relations beautifully matched by her artistically enchanting ideas congruent with her work. She is very flexible, fun and fully accommodating. She made the experience enjoyable and relaxing and I was thrilled with the photographs, thereby, demonstrating her astute awareness of how wedding imagery ay embody a storybook ambience. She'll discover and nurture the Bride in you!!!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Evelyn · Married on 03/03/2014

Love, love Linda! Her professionalism before and during our session makes me feel very at ease. She did a fantabulous job with my hair and make up. Everyone loved it!

I'm very impressed with her punctuality and honest comments. She's also very personable and generous with her advice . Would love to obtain her service again if I have future opportunities

Sent on 03/04/2014

Laura · Married on 11/30/2013

Linda did an excellent job! She gave great advice and I loved both my hair and makeup when she was done! She was nice, easy to work with, on time and overall I was very pleased.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Ann · Married on 11/09/2013

Linda & Marilyn did an amazing job on the hair & makeup for myself, bridesmaids and moms!!! We started the process early but we all had fun talking and listing to music. Everyone looked so beautiful!!! Since I do not wear makeup normally my husband was a little concerned about my wedding day makeup, but when he saw me, he was absolutely amazed. My hair looked beautiful all day long and definitely held up very, very well!!! Linda did a great job combining the look of two hair styles that I liked! I could not have been happier with Linda & Marilyn's work.

Sent on 05/11/2014

Julie · Married on 11/02/2013

I want to thank Linda and her staff from A Victorian Bride for everything on my wedding day. I had a destination wedding in Florida on Sanibel Island on the beach October 19, 2013. They came to me which was such a nice convenience. They did my hair and makeup as well as my bridesmaids and my mom. They were very professional and a lot of fun. My husband told me that he had never seen me look more beautiful than that day!!!! I can't tell you how happy that made me. Thank you again Linda for everything you guys did for all of us that day.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jodie · Married on 10/25/2013

My Husband and I had been planning from the day we were engaged to get married in Venice, Florida. It didn't seem like it would be an easy task getting married abroad, how would we sort it all out? Eventually we found Sun Weddings and they helped us a great deal. When I asked about hair and make-up they suggested Linda at 'A Victorian Bride' so I got in contact via email. Linda was very quick to reply to all of my messages, she confirmed everything with me, and took everything that I said into consideration. She made me feel at ease with everything and made sure everything was in place. On the day of the Wedding Linda turned up, very happy and friendly. She fitted right in with everyone, and started on my hair. I felt comfortable with Linda straight away. She made me feel very calm about what was ahead, and treated me as if I was an old friend. She also got on very well with my two photographers, the Villetto's (also highly recommended!) Linda also did my Mum's make-up even though I hadn't booked my Mum in. My Mum doesn't wear a lot of make-up and she was worried, but when Linda had finished Mum said she was very pleased, Linda had listened to what my Mum had said and hadn't put too much make-up on, but just enough to make my Mum look more special than normal. When I looked in the mirror after Linda had finished my hair, and my make-up (I had the works - curlers in, false eye-lashes - it was great to be pampered!) I was astounded, Linda had make me look completely wonderful, I felt like a princess! Linda then even helped me and Mum get me into my dress. It was brilliant.
    Linda/ A Victorian Bride, comes very highly recommended in my book. She was, professional, friendly and did an absolutely amazing job. If I need make-up or hair done again when I am in Florida, she will be the lady I call!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Linda did an amazing job on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/07/2013