A Taylored Affair Reviews

A Taylored Affair View more information

Jeanette Married on 07/13/2019

Hiring Jen was the best decision

Jen brings far more than coordination and sanity to the wedding process, she’s your true partner in making your vision a reality and guiding you along the way. She and her team are beyond amazing. If you think you don’t need her, you do. Her aesthetic is second to none, and she thought of things I could have never imagined. She has an answer for every challenge, and came up with so many creative options and solutions for us to make our wedding ours. She’s literally an angel. She spent so much time with me talking through details and making sure things were on point. Her help on the day of is critical. I was completely out of my depth starting to plan the wedding and she pulled it all together by keeping us on track without being pushy or pressuring me. I also was a very anxious bride and she was there as a confidant and always offering encouraging (and valuable!) advice on how to cope. Her expertise, creativity and energy are pure gold. Our best day couldn’t have happened without her. I loved having her as a part of our journey and appreciate her honesty, straightforwardness, no-no-nonsense approach to things. She understands this business better than anyone. Do yourself a favor, let her help you make your wedding awesome.
  • Dorie
    Dorie S. Married on 05/26/2019

Loved working with Jen!!

Not knowing what to expect as we started the wedding planning process, we met with a few wedding planners and Jen just seemed like the right fit from the beginning. She listened to what we were looking for and was always available anytime day or night to chat and pull details together. She accompanied me on all the meetings and helped me come up with things that I never would have even thought of myself.

My husband was very busy working so Jen really did all the work with me and I never would have had such a beautiful, fun, creative and incredible day without her support every step of the way. I absolutely loved working with her and would recommend her to anyone I know going through the process without hesitation❤️
    Erica Z. Married on 05/03/2019

The absolute best!

When starting to look at Day of Coordinators, I was not sure how I would know how to pick one and what the requirements were, as I really just wanted someone to keep me on track of all things planning. Then, I met Jen. From my first call with Jen, I knew immediately that she was the one for me. Her enthusiasm, energetic loving personality and complete understanding of me and what I truly wanted for my day made our entire process seamless. Jen was by my side (literally) from the start of our 18-month engagement through the bus ride back to the hotels at 1am on the night of our wedding. She was always accessible via text, phone calls, or even to meet up in person to discuss any issues, questions or just to clear out my thoughts. When we hired Jen originally, I had planned to use her primarily for month-of coordination but I loved her ideas and advice, that I relied on her for practically everything and she attended most of our vendor meetings. Her understanding of NYC weddings and relationships that she creates with vendors makes the entire experience run smoothly. Her ideas and advice was beyond helpful and helped us to create the most perfect and memorable night of our lives. I truly don’t think our wedding would have happened had it not been for Jen and her team. She is absolutely amazing and truly the best person to work with. I can promise any bride that you will not feel an ounce of stress working with Jen, as she handles it all. I would recommend her without a doubt to anyone! She is not just incredibly knowledgeable and an organized planner but she is someone that creates an everlasting friendship with each of her clients and I cannot thank her enough. HIRE HER! You will not regret it.
    Carmen V. Married on 09/08/2018

What would i do without Jen?

Jen is amazing! She is so energetic and honestly amazing to work with. Before I found her, I only had the venue picked out - a 20,000 sq ft NYC Chinatown family run restaurant that would need a big transformation for my wedding day. From start to finish, she has helped with everything. Her wealth of experience and relationships with the best vendors in NYC sets her apart. Without her, I would never have found my amazing hair and makeup stylists, have had the most stunning flowers, lighting that would set the mood, or a photographer that captured exactly what I wanted, etc etc. the list could go on and on. But most importantly, it was her creative vision that made our wedding day truly dreamy and romantic and so much fun! All of our guests were not only blown away by the transformation of the space but also how the night progressed. It was Jen who planned the day/night down to the minute and it went flawlessly. (If there were any hiccups, I was not made aware of it) I couldn't have been happier with how everything came out and I highly recommend Jen and her team at A Taylored Affair to any couples looking for a planner!
  • User3581537 2+ years ago
    Don't think, just hire Jen, she will be the best thing that ever happened to you.

I am a type A, control freak personality and completely out of character, I was 100% comfortable letting Jen take the reins. She heard everything we wanted and did everything possible to make it all happen. She was always available to us, was the most real person to work with.

What I absolutely loved the most was she didn't shy away from things that were unordinary or a little far fetched, while keeping it glamorous, tasteful and elegant. She makes you think outside of the box and while I was skeptical at first, I am so glad she did because it was worth it!

Her team was phenomenal and she has great vendors to work with! She worked with me and was so great with each of our families it made the planning and the day go so much more smoothly. She is not afraid to jump in and get things moving. She was a dream during dress shopping, she didn't mind my 2 AM texts or emails panicking about some minor detail, and she was a blast to work with!

Hire her...seriously!

Dana Married on 05/12/2018
    Jen is the number one best wedding planner - period. We knew we wanted a planner right away, I read a few reviews about Jen online and reached out. She immediately responded, sending me a calendar invite for our first chat (I appreciated that organization!) and I could hear in her voice that she was real, invested, creative and hardworking. And that was just the beginning.

We worked together for 7 months or so, she found us our venue, dance teacher later, videographer, ordered us last minute late night wedding pizzas, helped with gift bags, invites, and ON AND ON. She helped us save $ with creative wedding hacks, always responded to a barrier or stumbling block (like vendors being booked or something not quite coming in the way we'd hoped) with a thoughtful solution. She NEVER let us down. Her mind is quick and she truly wants your wedding to be everything YOU want it to be, so you can give her your honest feedback on things you like, things you don't and she bounces along with you to keep cranking it all out while keeping you calm, and subtly giving you hints of what to think about next without EVER making me feel overwhelmed.

On a human level, Jen is a star, the kind of person you can tell is a solid friend - she really brings that humanity, the fun, the candor and the humanness to the insanity that can be the wedding industry. HIRE HER, you're welcome :)
    Lauren Married on 05/05/2018
    Jen is the BEST! She can be hands on but also gives you the freedom to decide for yourself what you like and don't like. She's the perfect guide! I hired Jen as full service and it was the best thing I ever did! Where to start? She was with me for a year and a half! She helped us pick our venue, set up appointments both in NYC and Newport, and laid out pricing and information for each one. She traveled to Newport with me and we had an entire day to run around together to find a rehearsal dinner place. We crashed in a hotel room together and did face masks! Jealous yet? The day of the wedding I realized I completely forgot to make my party favors (custom popcorn boxes) and she and her assistant laid out on my condo floor and got it done! I was free to actually enjoy my wedding weekend yall, that's what your money buys you! She called my florist when we were a little disappointed about my chuppah decorations and my florist showed up on the spot and added orchids.. ORCHIDS! Jen does not mess around! She's fun, honest, kind, and most importantly she's good at her job. Planning a wedding is so overwhelming, and the nature of it, as a bride, is just learning as you go. You figure out what you like, dislike, and if you have Jen in your corner, she helps navigate it all for you. She's beyond flexible, and the type of character that's hard to come across in the wedding industry. She has great taste, great connections, and a great heart. Love you Jen! HIRE THIS LADY. DO IT NOW!!!
    Lana Married on 10/21/2017
    When I first told my (now) husband that we needed to hire a day of coordinator, he thought I was crazy and that it was going to be a waste of money! Suffice to say, after the wedding he told me Jennifer and her team was worth their weight in gold! When I first reached out to Jennifer, she instantly stood out because was the only day of coordinator who sent me a personalized reply, and not an automated reply. From the start she had a "roll up her sleeves, lets get things done" attitude which is crucial in the wedding business! On the days leading up to the wedding and even on the day of, she put out fires and made sure everything went according to plan. I don't think Jennifer ever told me a straight out "no" during the months leading up to our wedding, but instead she offered solutions and ideas which we bounced off of each other. Even if you are a highly organized bride like I was, Jennifer and her team were invaluable on the day of. My husband and I are so grateful our wedding went so well and that we'll have memories to cherish for years to come!
    Cayleigh Married on 07/24/2017
    My fiancé (now husband!) and I were close to eloping after the stress of planning a wedding started to take over. I felt an immense amount of relief when I got in touch with Jennifer of A Taylored Affair. Not just because we were hiring a planner but because I felt immediately that she just got me and my vision for our wedding. I am not a traditional bride and it was my hope that our wedding would aesthetically match our taste and style-Jennifer delivered completely! One of her strengths, among many, is in the details. She had so many amazing ideas that ultimately really distinguished our wedding and made so many of our guests just say "wow"! We received compliments all night and the days following on how "beautiful" everything was, which I credit to Jennifer fully. She has an amazing energy and I really felt just how much she truly cares the whole way through. I never felt like I was left unanswered at any point, her follow up (and through) was consistently great. She's also tough when she needs to be (with vendors) and went to bat for us whenever the situation called for it. She works incredibly hard, couple that with her genuine drive to make you feel happy, cared for and taken care of and you literally could not be better off with anyone else. She was just incredible and I am so thankful to have had her!
    Lauren Married on 07/06/2017
    Jennifer is truly the best!! She has helped me so, SO much for my upcoming wedding, from working on the phone with me for hours to help choose a first dance song and wedding party gifts to assisting me in organizing a thorough pre- and post-wedding to do list. I am getting married in Israel, so unfortunately I could not work with her full time as my wedding planner, but if I were getting married locally, I would hire A Taylored Affair in a heartbeat!! Thank you Jen for all your help!!
    Lillian Married on 05/28/2017
    I was one of those brides that found the planning process very easy and didn't understand why so many people freaked out when they planned their wedding. I felt this way until it was one month before the big day...Everything I needed was booked, but the act laying out the entire day step by step and making a timeline freaked me out! Who was going to make sure that everything outlined was going to happen properly and at the right time?! It sure wasn't going to be me.... This is when I decided to cave in and look for help. I narrowed it down to A Taylored Affair and hired Jen for the "day of" coordination. She was reasonably priced and included a long list of services and flexibility which I needed. The best decision I have made throughout the crazy wedding planning process!!! Jen and her assistant Jackie are unconventional, quirky, and fun! They went above and beyond before the big day and during. We first met face to face to get to know each other and get a feel for what I was looking for. We then followed up with a number of phone calls and emails in creating our timeline. The ladies have also made time to join me to walk through the venue prior to the wedding.

Fast forward to the wedding day... Everything was happening so fast! ... If the ladies we'rent there I don't know what I would have done. The list of things they have done is extensive! They made sure everything was happening on time and kept all the vendors in line. When the florist screwed up my bouquet, the ladies made sure I did not freak out. They took the bouquet apart, rearranged , and got super close to what I originally wanted with very limited resources. My flower girls loved Jen!! She put make up on them and gave the lollipops! What's not to love?! They even walked my dog! To sum it up, my wedding day was AMAZING and most importantly STRESS FREE. I'm not the easiest person to please, but Jen and Jackie were rock stars! If you hire them, I promise you will not regret it. <3
  • Candice
    Candice Married on 10/13/2012
    Jennifer and Jackie and their team from A Taylored Affair were flawless. From the first time we spoke with them (months in advance of our wedding), to the last time we saw them, they always had a great attitude - extremely professional and able to relate on a personal and emotional level. As any bride can attest, planning your wedding is such a detailed and stressful process. Jen or Jackie was always there to provide a gentle, guiding hand, in working through the process. Come the day of the wedding, there are no other words to describe these two, other than invaluable. They arrived earlier than expected and tied bow ties, wrangled the bridal party, gathered the jewelry and I'm sure a dozen other things we're not aware of. At the reception, they kept everything on time, brought us food and drinks while we were busy being the bride and groom, and made sure that everything was perfect. What we're trying to get at is that hiring A Taylored Affair is worth every penny and then some. They are true professionals in every sense of the word and we can't even begin to imagine what our day would have been like without them.