A Storybook Ending Bridal Reviews

98 Reviews for A Storybook Ending Bridal

1 User photo

A Storybook Ending Bridal 1

Kayla · Married on 08/29/2015

I had a great experience at A Storybook Ending Bridal Salon last Saturday with my family and friends. Nicole, our consultant, was very knowledgeable and helped me try on several dresses before finding the one! I would highly recommend putting Storybook Ending on the top of your list, it was the only place I needed to shop!

Sent on 02/08/2015

autumn · Married on 05/22/2015

Working with Christi Fuller was such n amazing fun expierence. She made me feel comfortable and definitely knew what she was doing. She even found my dress!!!! Love at first sight. Thank you Storybook Ending????

Sent on 02/20/2015

April · Married on 09/23/2017

Surprised myself by actually saying yes to my wedding dress this weekend when my original intentions were to just look. And I have to thank Myrna who was my consultant - she actually picked out my dress. After learning more about the style I liked and what might be a good fit and pick for me, she brought one more dress over for me to try - which happened to be THE ONE. I felt like I was her only focus the whole time we were there. My family, friends, and I were extremely pleased with service and at Storybook Ending, and are thankful we made it one of our bridal store stops!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Sydney · Married on 04/29/2017

I had a great experience when shopping for my bridal gown, they were very helpful. Did a great job listening to things I liked and finding the perfect dress for me.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Nicole · Married on 03/25/2017

Only dress shop i found a black ball gown in (even though it was pulled from the prom section lol). They helped out by doing payments to help with my budget. Would definitely recommend this to others

Sent on 02/16/2017

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2015

I found my dress at A Storybook Ending in DeWitt Iowa. I came out in the dress and my twin sister started crying, I asked her what was wrong and she said it was the kind of dress she had pictured me in when I described what I wanted. Then mom started to cry too and I knew it was the dress for me. Myrna was very nice and helpful! I had heard about their store through my sister who works in the town and many people told her they found their own wedding dress there. I was excited to go there and glad I found my dress. Their shop is nice and things are spread out so it's not so cluttered and difficult to look through dresses and accessories. The whole staff was great! I recommend anyone to go to their store and see the great selection that they have!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Kris · Married on 07/20/2013

I purchased my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from Storybook ending. The prices were reasonable and the service was good. Everyone I worked with was quite helpful. I would definitely recommend Storybook Ending.

Sent on 05/24/2013
  • W

N · Married on 07/25/2009

3.0

Storybook Ending was great to work with. I found a wonderful dress that I loved, but I spent more than I had planned.

I visited Davids Bridal and another local dress shop and shopping at Storybook was completely different. My friend and I had the whole shop to ourselves and a consultant who was at our side the whole time.

I also got my dress altered here and she did a great job. I was surprised at the alterations cost, it was on the lower end of what I expected. They also stored my dress the whole time up until the wedding and I thought that was a great free service.

My bridesmaids bought their dresses here and that went well.

I would definitely recommend this shop to other brides.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Ana · Married on 05/26/2017

3.0

Went to Storybook Ending Bridal store last Oct and found my wedding dress right away ?? The service I received was professional and friendly; the quality of the dresses is definitely the best. Thank you for making the moment of choosing my dress so easy! - Ana

Sent on 01/31/2017

KC · Married on 10/24/2015

3.5

My experience at Storybook Ending was great. We were able to look at the dresses without being overwhelmed. We were able to try on the dresses quickly and someone was able to help us with accessories quickly. The quality of the dresses was much better than any other QC stores. I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2015

My experience at Storybook Ending was nothing short of perfect. The consultant was patient and listened to what I wanted and made suggestions that were nothing less than spot on. Everyone at Storybook made me feel very comfortable and ultimately helped me find the dress of my dreams! I would highly recommend this bridal shop to everyone - it was my first and last stop!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2015

4.2

I had a great time trying on dresses at A Storybook Ending. Their staff was awesome and helped me find the perfect dress…I can’t wait for my wedding day!

Sent on 01/04/2015

4.2

Yesterday, I found my wedding dress, which was not an easy choice with so many wonderful options. Not only was it gorgeous and elegant, but it made me feel beautiful as well. Thank you, Storybook Ending Bridal Shop, for helping me find my dress!

Sent on 12/30/2014

3.0

Excellent customer service and help with teaching me how to put my dress on and lace it up

Sent on 09/10/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from A Storybook Ending and absolutely fell in love with it! After waiting 5 looong months for my "special order, made to fit me" dress, it finally came in! The bridal consultant called to tell me there was a problem. The dress I special ordered with a zipper back was not the dress they received. The consultant asked me to remain open minded and come in to try the other dress on. I was willing to do so, but when I suggested a date and time I could come I was told that wouldn't work for her. The consultant didn't want me coming in on a busy Saturday, distracting from brides who were buying dresses during "busy season." (her words) She went on to be extremely rude about the entire situation and I finally spoke with the owner, who was completely professional, and she asked me to come in whenever worked for me. Long story short, the dress ended up working out and the owner made things right by giving me quite a few accessories and my veil free of charge. I was happy that they did make things right in the end, but I should have never been manipulated by the consultant in the first place. Overall, I would go back to Storybook Ending because they have so many beautiful dresses, I would just be cautious to avoid rude consultants!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

3.8
      3.5

This was a great place. I had a lot of fun and the woman who helped us was very nice and knew the right styles to match my body. The service was amazing. They made it easier to find the perfect dress and made it so much fun for my family and I. I would recommend checking it out.

Sent on 02/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

3.6
      3.0

The staff was very friendly and helpful and they really know what they are doing!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Tara · Married on 06/11/2016

2.6
      2.5
      1.5
      3.0

I purchased my wedding dress from Storybook. I actually found them to have the best selection in the Quad City Area....however, there were a few major things I did not like about them...

1.) They are overpriced. They sell dresses under their own 'couture' line. These dresses are NOT limited to their boutique. They remove the original designer label from the dresses and use their own label. I imagine they do this so you can't price shop and find the dress elsewhere for cheaper. I forget the name/label they used on my dress...but my dress was actually a Kenneth Winston dress, Private Label G (my seamstress found another label sewn inside the dress). I could have ordered my same exact dress from other bridal boutiques in Chicago or Los Angeles for $600 less. $600 less!

2.) They don't allow you to take pictures in the dresses until you have PAID for a dress. Once again, because they probably don't want you to find the dress elsewhere for a more reasonable price. I found this ridiculous. Every other bridal boutique allowed me to take pictures in dresses (even the very high-end boutiques in Chicago and Los Angeles).

3.) They give a $25 discount if you write 3 good reviews about them on different websites. Be careful, this is why you see so many good/bias reviews.

Sent on 12/22/2015

jennifer · Married on 08/12/2011

2.2
      2.5
      3.0

i got my dress on clearance here and it had some burgundy color in it. my colors were navy and ivory. i asked if they could change out the color and they said that would be no problem but it was going to cost more. i said that was fine because i was getting a good deal on it anyway. when i paid off my dress and went to talk to the seamstress she told me she couldn't do it!!! so i took my dress and after making a few phone calls found someone who could do it for me. in short they lied to me, i wont be going back for anything, which is sad because i was going to get a party dress for my bachlorette party, as well as flower girl dresses. needless to say i went elsewhere for those.

Sent on 08/16/2011

1.4
      0.5

I ordered my wedding dress and my bridesmaids dresses from Storybook after a few hours of shopping there. When we were picking bridesmaids dresses, we were left in the back room and the girls were told to pick dresses and try them on. We had to go hunt someone down if we had questions and again to measure the bridesmaids when we settled on a dress.

For my own dress, I knew I was up against a wall because my wedding was almost exactly 6 months away and I had been told that wedding dresses often take up to 6 months to arrive. We were assured it was no problem and I would have my dress long before that, no worries at all. Well, my dress arrived 4 weeks before my wedding and was way too small because Christi had measured me wrong! Myrna (the owner) would not admit that they had made a mistake and blamed the manufacturer, then Christi even came out and said that I was smaller in January (when I had ordered the dress). Their measurements were so far off that I would have had to have gained about 30-40 pounds in 6 months time in order for them to be right. They then offered to let the dress out or said I could try on any of the sample dresses and they would give me a generous discount if I chose to buy another dress off the rack that day. I asked them to let the dress out and I would try that route first. After they let it out, it was still so tight I could hardly breathe and the alterations were very poorly done and incredibly noticeable. They told me the dress was just form fitting, not too small and totally fine because it could be zipped. I know what form fitting is - this dress was too tight, especially for something I'm going to be wearing all day and something I need to be able to sit down in, dance in, eat in, etc. I then tried on some other sample dresses and ended up picking a different dress because the original dress looked so bad after it was altered; I was scared about taking the sample of that dress because it had to be altered too..would it look as bad as the one they had ordered for me and then altered? Anyway, there was a price difference between my original dress and the new one I had picked, and despite their offer of a generous discount due to all the trouble, they wanted me to pay the balance on the original dress they had ordered in the wrong size (I had already paid 3/4 of it) AND wanted me to pay the difference in the price of the dresses. When I balked, they then agreed that I could just pay the balance on the dress I had originally purchased and not owe any more. Through it all, Myrna was incredibly rude and snippy with both me and my mother, even though we were nothing but respectful to her. I had less than a month to go before my wedding and was without a dress thanks to mistakes made at her business and she never owned up to it or even said she was sorry! I also had to make three 60 mile trips back to the shop thanks to their mistakes but got no apologies for that either. I would never recommend this shop to anyone and it all comes down to poor customer service.

One last thing - if you're reading a lot of favorable reviews about A Storybook Ending, there's a reason for that: they offer brides a discount for writing positive reviews about their shop. They even provide you a list of websites on which to write a review when you purchase a dress from them. I wrote a positive review months ago when I ordered my dress in order to get a discount; naturally, this was before all of the problems I encountered with them. It has been removed after this past week!

Sent on 06/27/2012

A · Married on 01/15/2010

1.2
      1.0

I had heard good things about A Storybook Ending. However, my experience was much worse than I ever could have imagined. Initially, when we went to look for bridesmaid dresses, we were escorted to the back room and left alone. Every time we had a question, we were forced to go on a search for an available employee. When the dresses were ordered, we were given a date that they claimed was the latest day the dresses would arrive. When that day came, I gave the store a call and they accused me of lying and insisted that the they told me the delivery would be within weeks of the date they gave me. The icing on the cake was that one of the out of town bridesmaids was told that they would ship the dress to her. When she decided to double check the shipping arrangements (because of the problems we had), she was also accused of lying. I completely understand that problems arise but I cannot accept horrible customer service. You may find your perfect dress but your experience may have you regretting your choice to shop at A Storybook Ending. If you are looking for a specific dress that they carry...there are many other options in the Quad Cities that carry the same designers.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Jodie · Married on 09/04/2010

1.0

My experience here started out well and I found a dress that I loved after lots of searching around. However, once my dress actually was ordered in, everything went downhill after that. My meetings with Patti, their recommended person for alterations, were incredibly rushed and I felt like she didn't want to listen to any of my questions or wants. My "final" fitting didn't end up being the final one because she hadn't finished the alterations we discussed, yet instead of apologizing, she tried to talk me out of getting any further alterations instead. On top of this, a stain got on my dress which luckily the cleaners were able to get out...but the owner of the store flat out blamed it all on me even though I had only been around my dress for about 5 minutes total. Then, the biggest incident came on the actual day of my wedding - the zipper of my dress was broken. So instead of spending time relaxing and taking lots of pictures before my ceremony, I had to stand still for an hour and a half while a friend sewed me into my wedding dress. All that time for pictures lost...and we never had time to make up any of them. When we tried to talk to the store about this, they again placed all of the blame on me and were completely unapologetic and unprofessional. This vendor was the biggest disappointment and should've been such a wonderful experience. I would not recommend using them.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Amber · Married on 06/11/2011

0.4
      0.0

Purchasing a dress from Storybook Ending was nice. However, after I purchased the dress and had went in for alterations was not. Patti took me downstairs to her room and proceeded to tell me how to wear my dress (which was too low and I did not want it there). She would not listen to me that it was too low. When I came back for my second and final fitting. My dress was still too low,too tight and crooked. I did not gain or lose weight, if anything lost 2 pounds. When my mom and I tried to tell her we were not satisfied, Patti told us she was the only seamstress so we had to use her. After my mom confronted her by reminding Patti we are the customer and paying, so ultimately it is what we want not what you want. Patti told us to ok hurry up because we were making her late for her next appointment. We were told she would take the dress back to original sizing and have it ready for us at another time. We instead chose to take the dress out of the store and use a different seamstress to fix Patti's mistakes. Patti reassured us multiple times, as did the store owner, that she did not cut the dress. However, our new seamstress said yes she absolutely cut the dress. The owner and Patti made us feel as if the was us and not them. I did not hear 'I am sorry' from either Patti or the owner. Or thank you for purchasing from us. I would never use this store, because they only give the name of Patti for a seamstress. I would go somewhere else, where they care about the final product looking nice and having quality service throughout the experience.

Sent on 06/18/2011