A Southern Soiree Reviews

204 | Raleigh, NC

204 Reviews for A Southern Soiree

Leila · Married on 09/28/2013

Oh my gosh - where to even start? Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. If you hire anyone else you're totally silly. Really that's all you need to know, but let me tell you more.

I'm an event planner so I happened to know about A Southern Soiree years before I was engaged, and I knew they had a stellar reputation but didn't know any of the planners personally. As soon as I was engaged though, they were my first phone call. We booked with them for week-of and vendor coordination. As a planner myself I decided to skip out of the full package though believe me a few months out from the wedding when things got busy I really wish I had picked it originally!

Kailey is the most wonderful wedding planner. Ever. Period. End of story. She was a huge help in recommending vendors, narrowing my vision to settle on final details, and pulling everything together in the end. Her timelines were super detailed (which the control freak in me loves), she was fantastic with ideas when my head was spinning, and we really would not have had the perfect day without her.

Everyone at A Southern Soiree was great, I just had the pleasure of working directly with Kailey. Regardless of who handles your event, if you choose A Southern Soiree you will absolutely have a great experience. I know I sound over the top but they totally earned it. As a planner myself I would not hesitate to recommend them to every friend I know who is getting married!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Jacinta · Married on 09/21/2013

From the beginning of my vow renewal, I knew that I wanted the BEST! I wanted to make memories that would stand the test of time and would leave a lasting impression on my kids. Megan was the FIRST and ONLY wedding planner that my husband and I interviewed. Megan accomplished things for us that would not have been possible. I felt at all times that she was concerned about my happiness and meeting my needs. Everything went off without a hitch the day of the wedding. Even when it started to rain 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, I was still at peace. I was surrounded by beauty. It is truly an amazing feeling to have an actual DREAM come to life. Megan saw my vision and exceeded my standards. Blissful Perfection.

Sent on 11/06/2013

kim · Married on 09/14/2013

What can I say that has not already been mentioned by the reviewers regarding the ladies at a Southern Soiree? I had the pleasure of working with Gina Annab who was a fantastic wedding coordinator! I used their weekend service package since I decided to plan the wedding myself. Gina was a joy to work with. She quickly responded to my emails and would email me to ask how things were going and if I needed help with anything. Whenever I needed advice, Gina always voiced her opinion (which always turned out to be the better option). I felt that she went above and beyond the duties that were listed in the weekend service package.

Gina was fabulous the week of the wedding! A few days before, I gave Gina everything needed (this consisted of numerous boxes). The day of the wedding I did not have to worry about anything except for getting myself to the venue. Everything we discussed during our face-to-face meetings were implemented during the wedding. Before and during the wedding, Gina made some decisions that I totally agreed with. This goes to show that during our meeting, not only was she listening to and understanding my vision, she was also gleaning information regarding my personality that led her to make those spot-on decisions. I was expecting some things to go wrong during the wedding but truthfully, everything was perfect!

Many people commented on Gina's work ethic. My bridal party loved her wedding day timeline. My vendors even said that she was the easiest wedding coordinator that they have ever worked with! They loved how she came there and knew what she was doing and let them do their jobs. My husband was even thoroughly impressed with Gina's work. At first he was hesitant about getting a wedding coordinator because he did not want to spend the money and did not think one was needed. However, by the end of the wedding he was singing her praises!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Brenda · Married on 09/14/2013

When two of our daughters announced their engagement within one month of each other and wedding dates within 9 months of each other, my husband and I knew we needed a wedding planner! We met with Kailey, at A Southern Soiree and knew immediately that Aimee and Adam and Pam and Wesley would have the wedding day of their dreams! Kailey is a delight to work with...very professional, flexible, detail oriented,extremely organized, creative and has a gentle way of "reining" us in when we get too far off our budget!
    Aimee and Adam had a gorgeous destination wedding! Kailey handled everything with such ease...coordinated all the vendors...scheduled "day trip" meetings (we had such fun on these trips!) and Skype meetings...negotiated contracts and deposits...scheduled tastings...blocked hotel rooms....secured necessary permits...created a timeline for the wedding weekend and took wonderful care of our family and every detail you could ever imagine. Dan and I did not miss one single moment of the weekend, we got to see it all and have beautiful memories. We never once worried about anything not even the weather because Kailey had a smooth backup plan ready to roll if necessary !
    Pam and Wesley are looking forward to their June wedding and Kailey has never skipped a beat keeping us on schedule, coordinating our meetings with the vendors and creating what we know will be another amazing and memorable wedding...to be continued!!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Steve · Married on 09/14/2013

As a father of the bride, I was totally satisfied with our daughter’s wedding experience through the attention to detail and event management skill of Megan at A Southern Soiree. Many of our guests said this was the best wedding they ever attended. My daughter expressed how thankful she was that Megan was there to provide her knowledge and experience and help solve the crises that invariably come up. She was accessible by phone and email. She met with my daughter and wife several times, including at the wedding venue. She provided great advice and gently guided my daughter through the process of converting her vision into a successful wedding plan. My daughter spoke of the visit to the wedding venue with Megan in glowing terms. She was satisfied that Megan understood her vision and impressed with Megan’s ability to translate her vision into a plan that took advantage of the charm of the unique wedding venue. Megan's experience and reputation helped successfully resolve several issues that arose with service providers. Megan helped my daughter decide where to save money and when it paid to spend a little extra, keeping the wedding within budget while providing an exceptional experience for the bride and her guests. The wedding day went perfectly with Megan taking care of the details and literally doing the heavy lifting. The wedding had a lot of moving parts all of which came off just the way my daughter envisioned. The family and the entire bridal party, were able to enjoy the experience along with our daughter and the groom. We didn't miss those special moments that occur in the course of the wedding day because Megan and her assistant freed us to concentrate on our daughter on her big day. I give Megan and A Southern Soiree my strongest endorsement. You will not regret your decision to use their services on this special day for which there are no “do overs”.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/07/2013

Kailey and the whole team at a Southern Soiree were AMAZING!! I hired them as weekend coordinators for my September 7th wedding and they definitely went above and beyond my expectations. During the months before the wedding, Kailey was a great listener and source of ideas and support. Planning a wedding by myself, I was quickly intimidated by all the details and decisions that were involved. I was so thankful for Kailey; I felt like she really understood the vision of what I wanted my wedding to look like, and gave great guidance as to what decisions needed to be made and when. She was wonderful in communicating and coordinating details with other vendors, and was very approachable and flexible when communicating with me. The day ran so smoothly and was absolutely perfect, which I truly believe to be thanks to Kailey and Gina at a Southern Soiree!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Kathleen · Married on 09/01/2013

After procrastinating to find a weekend coordinator for my our Sept. 1st wedding, I was referred to A Southern Soiree by a friend with only 5 months to the big day. I was immediately impressed with the ladies' response time and consultation. Our coordinator, Kailey, was extremely thorough with understanding the vision we had for our wedding. Not only that, but her expertise allowed her to present me with questions/ideas/options that I'd not even considered. As I said to her probably a million times over the months, I would've been lost without her. I just don't have a brain for the fine details of big-event planning, but with her by my side I felt immense relief and reassurance knowing that everything I'd planned had been put into the hands of a professional. Kailey took my mess, polished it up, and carried out a beautiful wedding. Not only that, but she was always so sweet, considerate, understanding, flexible and professional throughout the entire process, which is absolutely invaluable to a bride. My circus of family and friends is not the easiest to direct either, but despite our craziness, Kailey ensured that everything went off without a hitch. I cannot thank her enough for her service, counseling (lol), wisdom and talent. If you're still searching for a planner/coordinator, search no more. Kailey and A Southern Soiree will not let you down!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/17/2013

Kailey at A Southern Soiree exceeded our expectations by a thousand. She paid attention to details I wouldn't have even thought of and she never made me feel overwhelmed. I would definitely say the money we spent to have Kailey coordinate our wedding was the most well spent portion of our budget. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day and most importantly to me was that my mom didn't have to worry about anything either. She was able to relax and enjoy the wedding which meant a lot to me. If you are looking for a wedding planner or coordinator Kailey at A Southern Soiree is by far your best option.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Kate · Married on 08/10/2013

Gina from A Southern Soiree went above and beyond to help us create the wedding we had dreamed of. Since ours was a mix of DIY and full-service, we needed someone flexible, understanding, and who knew how to help us decide where to go DIY and where to go full-service. Gina was all of the above. It was such a gift to have her available on the wedding day and to know she was taking care of all the details. I can't recommend Gina and A Southern Soiree enough.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2013

I have to say that Kailey from Southern Soirée made our day absolutely perfect!

We got married at the Carolina Inn, so we were assigned a wedding coordinator. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know what that meant and figured I'd have all the details worked out (I'm a planner). But when it came down to the last few months, Kailey made sure everything would go smoothly. We met once to discuss the day and she quickly picked up on our vision for the day. She made sure to note little details from our conversation!

As we were approaching the day, she contacted all of our vendors to make sure they would be on time. She also offered recommendations for minor changes in the schedule, but never pushed anything if we seemed hesitant. It was a perfect blend of giving advice but making sure we fell comfortable. Oh and at the drop off meeting, we realized our seating chart was wrong. She kept us calm as we went through it and offered to fix it for us so we wouldn't stress!!

Oh and the day of went so smoothly because of her! Firstly, she made a stop at the hotel we were staying at to check in on me and gather last minute stuff -- that was above and beyond! She then made sure we were as close to schedule as feasibly possible and when I asked how far behind we were she made sure to keep me informed but not worried or stressed; she kept the guys in great spirits even though they were taking pictures outside in July. Before the ceremony she made sure we did everything we requested -- wap gifts, get the dad in for a toast, etc. I can't even begin to go on and on about how attentive she was on during the reception; she made sure we had everything and more from a beverage at all times, a sweat cloth for the husband, the right shoes on at the right time, the glow sticks came out. And when my bustle wouldn't keep my dress up, she sewed it up!

Kailey was absolutely wonderful! I couldn't have asked for better coordinator to make sure our day was perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Jayne · Married on 06/30/2013

I am the MOB and found myself drowning in details and last-month insecurities when we hired Kailey to coordinate the weekend. The vendors were contracted; however, she did a wonderful job of making sure all the details were in place with them before the wedding day, and was the best support I could EVER have had. The bride lives out of town, so everything was pretty much long distance (although the wedding was here) with much communication back and forth among all parties involved!! Kailey kept us all calm and relaxed as things escalated. She even gave the signal to "let the tent sides down" at the very last minutes as the rain began right before the outdoor ceremony. She directed the rehearsal and the ceremony perfectly. We all love her and give her the highest recommendation there is! She is a lovely, caring person whose calm demeanor is a true blessing for such an important time in the life of a bride and her family!!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Justine · Married on 06/28/2013

We could not imagine a more perfect day—everything that we dreamed of (and more!) came to life on our wedding day. Megan and Gina worked countless hours on the preparation for our wedding and the results said it all. I originally met with Megan, over 20 months before the wedding date, looking for a planner that could help my family plan a wedding from multiple locations. I live in Raleigh, but my parents are out-of-state – and by looking at the guest list, most of our guests would be traveling from out-of-town, too. The coordination of our vendor meetings had to be made when my parents would be able to fly to Raleigh for the weekend. Megan and Gina always made sure that vendor meetings were booked with plenty of notice and made sure they were present at every meet-up. Megan, Gina and the other ladies at A Southern Soiree work with many brides/grooms/families throughout the year—and deal with many weddings within the same month, but I can honestly say that they never once made us feel that we were “on the back burner” until the wedding week. They always made us feel important, responded to our e-mails in a very timely fashion and always asked the right questions with the vendors/florist/cake baker/etc. When we walked in that ballroom before guests were invited to enter from the cocktail hour, we were blown away. My husband and I had been planning the wedding for such a long time and to see their hard work come together was absolutely amazing. Megan and Gina allowed my parents to enjoy their roles as hostess and host and they were very attentive in checking in on us throughout the night. Megan has extensive knowledge about vendors and wedding items- her choices were impeccable. It is very apparent that Megan and Gina both love what they do. Their passion for helping their brides, grooms & families make the experience more than just a list of “To Do’s”, but rather a string of memories leading up to the most magnificent day! They are special wedding angels!

Sent on 07/18/2013

I can't say enough positive things about Southern Soiree especially Kailey. Kailey was so helpful from day one. She is organized, profession, and works diligently to see that you receive the wedding you envisioned. Her response time to emails, is exceptional quick. I never once went to her voicemail. She always responds to a question and works to make sure that this is you and your partner's day. She has a wonderful attitude, which makes her easy to work with. I couldn't imagine using anyone else, everything was done how we had discussed and the wedding day was stress free. Kailey was there to tell me if a price was high or low, to determine the number of cups, plates, etc., when I didn't want to tell someone no she did it and so professionally I might add, she thought dimensions and layouts, reminded me when I forgot something, worked with vendors to establish drop off and pick up times, our wedding day was perfect and stress-free because she was there. The company is fairly priced and honestly you save so much money elsewhere because she is there. To tell you the correct amounts (so you don't over purchase), find a new company that is eager to work with a wedding planner and give a good deal. Just think of it this way for you as a couple, you are one time business to a vendor, so making you upset isn't a huge loss, but A Southern Soiree is repeated business and she knows the sites, vendors, etc and knows what they will allow. I was so pleased! My dad was so happy with how the wedding turned out and so many people said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Weddings are fun when the bride and groom are not stressed trying to figure out if there is a seat available for this person (never happened at our wedding, but just saying what can happen) and can just hang out with their guest. I really urge you to use this company. Actually, say there name to any vendor and see their face light up. Vendors love them and we also were under budget!

Sent on 06/29/2013
  • User2591996 · 2+ years ago

We had the pleasure of working with Megan and Gina to plan our June 15th wedding reception at North Ridge Country Club. We worked together for 15 months during which I was in school full time working towards my MBA. While life was busy, my mom and I wanted to remain very involved in the planning process, and Megan and Gina understood and respected that. They seamlessly filled in any gaps and saved us time by making recommendations on vendors, scheduling appointments, and keeping the planning process organized and on track. Throughout our time together I received quick, thorough responses to questions and spot-on recommendations.

On our wedding day Megan and Gina made sure that our vision was fulfilled down to every last detail. Their presence and organization allowed us and our families to fully enjoy the day. Their smiling faces and assuredness were a welcome addition to our wedding.

When researching wedding planners I found reviews and references particularly helpful. Fifteen months later I can honestly say that what you read about A Southern Soiree, particularly Megan and Gina, is absolutely true. These ladies provide a personalized, client-focused experience that is refreshing, genuine, and truly helpful. Not only did we plan a beautiful event together, we had some fun along the way!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Stacey · Married on 06/08/2013

I would highly recommend A Southern Soiree. They are professional, friendly, and strive to provide the utmost customer service. My husband and I initially requested a full-service planner. After realizing that this did not fit our needs, they worked to tweak a plan that accommodated us. We were quite impressed with our planner’s (Kailey’s) attention to the details of our wedding weekend, and our families were also impressed with her work ethic and services. In addition, she attained the perfect balance of being courteous yet assertive with vendors. We felt confident in her skills and did not worry about the logistics of vendor coordination, set-up, etc. during this special time. Again, I would recommend A Southern Soiree, and especially Kailey, to any couple who is looking for someone to help with the numerous (and sometimes overwhelming) details of wedding planning. Happy planning and cheers to a fab wedding ☺!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Caroline · Married on 06/08/2013

I worked with Gina Annab at A Southern Soiree and she was absolutely wonderful. She and her team did an amazing job organizing & executing our wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased with her work. She made everything so easy & stress-free the day of the wedding. I've had more people ask me about who we used for our wedding planner because she was that good! Our wedding was everything we wanted & more, and this would not have been possible without Gina.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2013

A Southern Soiree was the best investment we could have made for our wedding. Everyone kept telling me I was so calm before the wedding and that I was not stressed, the only reason for that was Megan and Gina. Megan and Gina simplified the entire wedding planning process and helped us pick the best possible vendors. On our wedding day they made everything go smoothly so that both families could just enjoy the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend A Southern Soiree to any couples looking for a wedding planner

Sent on 05/29/2013
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 05/18/2013

Working with A Southern Soiree, and specifically Gina, was the best decision I made during my wedding planning process. Technically, we only contracted with them for Day of Coordination and Decorative input, but Gina was there for us every step of the way. She took the lead on coordinating and scheduling with all of our vendors and was there for all of the detail questions, even how to handle those sticky situations that arise when 2 families plan a huge event. Our day was everything we could have dreamed of and I know that I never would have been able to enjoy it without knowing I had someone taking care of everything behind the scenes. These girls are invaluable, and I can’t say enough about the great work they do.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Nancy · Married on 05/12/2013

When my daughter and her fiance began to plan their wedding, they first choose the venue which was accessible only by ferry and where golfcarts are the only transportation. They then had to find a wedding planner who could meet the challenges of the venue in one place , the bride's expectations in another , and the concerns of the mother of the bride in yet another. They found Megan at A Southern Soiree. She helped find the vendors, was flexible in making appointments and responsive to questions and concerns, and anticipated and handled possible problems with seeming ease. She met and exceeded expectations. When my daughter met Megan, she emailed that she had found the perfect planner and she was right! Megan and her staff at A Southern Soiree were able to make my daughter's dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Rachel-Rose · Married on 05/04/2013

I was lucky to get to work with A Southern Soiree as our day of planner! Frankly, I don't think we would have had as beautiful a wedding as we did without the hard work of Gina Annab, who I highly recommend! She went above and beyond to ensure that I had a wonderful day! She was friendly, kind and professional and I was happy she was there at my wedding as more of a friend than just a wedding planner. If you are going to have a day of planner, A Southern Soiree is the way to go! I am sure they are also fabulous as entire wedding day planners as well!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Leah · Married on 04/27/2013

Hiring Kailey and a Southern Soiree as our wedding planner/coordinator was by far the best decision I made throughout the planning process. I had already contracted most of my vendors so I was not sure if hiring a coordinator would be worth it, but now I am so glad we did. I really cannot overstate how invaluable her services were. She is extremely professional, responsive, detailed, organized, and flexible. All of my vendors, most of whom have been in the wedding business for decades, commented on Kailey's organization and professionalism. She recommended an amazing videographer at the last minute, took care of every detail regarding our reception rentals, and brought everything together. I am extremely picky when it comes to getting the details of entertaining perfect. I did not think I could trust anyone to do things "just right", but in the process of working with Kailey over the past eight months I knew I could trust her completely. I really could go on and on. One last thing I will mention is how wonderfully she handled a very difficult and inflexible reception venue. She was very patient and came up with creative solutions that got the job done. Her services were worth every penny and more. Thank you so much to Kailey and Gina! They made it possible for us to relax and enjoy our big day. You can't ask for more than that!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Megan and Gina for our April 27th wedding at the Umstead Hotel and Spa. It was hands down, the best day of my life! Everything about the night was perfect and more than I could have ever dreamed of. My husband and I got engaged in February 2012, and we started working with a Southern Soiree that summer. I was new to Raleigh, busy with work and my Mom lived out-of-state, so she was insistent on using a wedding planner. I am so thankful that she did her research and contacted Megan to plan our wedding; they guided us through every step of the planning process. Right from the start, Megan new the vision we were looking for, and helped us pick the best vendors in the area that suited our needs. She set-up and attended all of our important meetings and even coordinated them for times when my Mom could fly into town. Megan and Gina were so thorough with every detail and had answers/suggestions/examples to share for every question we had. On the day of, I was able to enjoy every minute of getting ready with my family and friends because Megan had all the details and timelines planned-out. My wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to Megan and Gina-- hands down the best wedding planners EVER.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Kimberly · Married on 04/13/2013

I will never be able to put into words the amazing job Megan and Gina did planning our wedding in April 2013. I like to call them my wedding angels. They have stood by my side and helped me through making all the decisions that may drive a bride to a bridezilla moment : ) these are two of the most organized people I have ever met. From the first time I sent A Southern Soiree an email when I got engaged in August 2011 (Megan responded back to wish me a big congrats within an hour) and communication hasn’t stopped flowing. This group of ladies are professional, timely, knowledgeable, supportive, experienced, and the list could go on. My family and friends have not stopped raving about how wonderful these ladies are and the remarkable job they did on my wedding. A+ wedding planners! I'm already thinking of the next party I can have Megan and Gina plan!!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Kristi · Married on 04/13/2013

I don't think there are enough words to describe how amazing Kailey and Southern Soiree are! When I first began wedding planning a year ago, I struggled with the idea of whether or not I should hire a wedding coordinator. Like most brides, we were on a budget where every cent counted. However, after meeting with Kailey, I felt immediately at ease and knew that she would help make my wedding dreams come true. From the very beginning, she helped guide me through vendor recommendations, ceremony and reception planning, and decorating ideas. When the weekend finally arrived, I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing because Kailey (and Whitney!) took care of everything. Even when unforeseen issues arose on the wedding day, she took care of them flawlessly. After everything was over people asked me how I felt and would I change anything and it's because of Kailey, Whitney, and Southern Soiree that our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Desiree' · Married on 04/06/2013

Megan and Gina were great wedding planners. We would ask for them two again if we had to do it all over again.

Sent on 04/15/2013