A Southern Soiree Reviews

204 | Raleigh, NC

204 Reviews for A Southern Soiree

Hiring Gina was the single best decision of our entire wedding planning process! No detail was too small and Gina had it all handled before we could even think to ask her. She managed everything expertly and did it with grace and a smile on her face.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

I had the privilege of working with Kelley Ann from Southern Soiree. At first, I was a bit hesitant to spend the money on a wedding planner, but since I work 12 hour days I didn’t want to do hours of research on my own.
    One of my first meetings with Kelley Ann entailed us meeting at a coffee shop and looking at Pinterest so she could understand my vision for my dream wedding. It was fun planning a wedding with Kelley Ann, and luckily she took away hours of research because she already knew the best venders (for my vision and budget). Kelley Ann came with me to my floral, cake and food tastings. It was like having a friend hold your hand and lead you in the right direction the entire time. I had no clue how much detail went into planning a wedding. She made sure the band and caterers had all the equipment they needed and that all the vendors got to the house on time on the day of the wedding. I couldn’t imagine having to deal with all the stress of coordinating with all the vendors.. Instead, I was celebrating and drinking glasses of champagne with my bridesmaids.
    Even during the wedding Kelley Ann was making sure that the guests were having a good time and everyone had a drink in their hand. I had one diva moment at the wedding… I had a cake INSIDE the house and everyone was having such a good time outside. When she told me it was time to cut the cake, I insisted we move it outside into the tent. Everyone was hesitant to move the 4 tier cake, but Kelley Ann made it happen!
    After the ceremony, my husband and I both agreed that we could not have pulled off the perfect wedding without Kelley Ann. It would have been chaos, but instead it went so smooth and it was one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Hiring Kelley Ann with A Southern Soirée was the 2nd best decision I made for my wedding (the first was picking my husband!). She made everything so easy on me, my mom and my hubby, and being that my mom and I are type A must-be-in-control, list-making kind of people, the fact that she was too and was so organized put me at ease after our very first meeting and she never failed us. Anyone can be a wedding planner, but it takes someone like Kelley Ann to really pull off the perfect wedding, someone who makes you and your hubby feel truly important throughout every step, who will kindly tell you their true opinion even if it's different than what you thought you wanted (and she was always right), and someone who will go out of their way to make every detail of the day go perfectly. We decided to hire A Southern Soirée for the whole wedding package not just the "month of", and it was totally worth every penny, I highly recommend it. After all, your wedding only happens once in a lifetime and trust me, the preperation leading up to it are just as important and memorable as the day of.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Kathleen · Married on 08/15/2015

Hiring Southern Soiree was hands-down the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Beginning the planning process was so daunting at first, but as soon as we hired Kelley Ann from Southern Soiree, any and all of my anxieties and worries vanished. From helping us find our dream venue at the Merrimon-Wynne House in Raleigh (http://www.merrimonwynne.com/), to negotiating on our behalf, to coordinating all of our appointments, to being a sounding board and friend when we needed one the most, we were incredibly grateful for Kelley Ann's help and guidance. I honestly do not know what we would have done without her. My job requires quite a bit of travel and lots of late nights, so it would have been pretty impossible for me to plan our wedding without her help. Typically, I carry a lot of stress, but I can honestly say I was stress-free throughout the entire planning process with Kelley Ann and Southern Soiree by our side. I always hoped our wedding would be the best day of our lives - and it undoubtedly was just that. We will be forever grateful for Southern Soiree and the Merrimon-Wynne House (among our other vendors) for the best day of our lives.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Erin · Married on 06/26/2015

Beyond excellent. If she is available for your day then you are one lucky bride!
    I worked with Megan and Gina. They not only handle every little detail, vendor, and problem, they are warm and caring and wonderful people.
    It was very important to me that I not only enjoyed our wedding day but that I also enjoyed the planning and process leading up to it. I have a busy job and my mom passed away before we were married, so I really needed trustworthy and caring planners to help make that possible.
    We live in NOVA and planned a wedding in Charlottesville VA (~2hrs away). We had a large wedding, 250 guests invited, 148 attended, and the day was perfect. There are many things that don't go as planned - a drunk family member, our officiant's kindle stolen with our entire ceremony in it, rain during the ceremony, plus a thousand other small things that no human being can predict or control for - but I was completely relaxed, calm, and happy the entire day thanks to Megan and Gina. All I had to say was "Ask Megan!" and it was taken care of. I wouldn't change a thing.
    They were worth every penny and more. Our venue estimate came out high (the bill was $15 -20K more than expected!) and Megan expertly negotiated and brought the cost down to our original price - without sacrificing on the things that were important to us! She had the knowledge and experience to handle these major issues for me - all while allowing me to maintain a cordial relationship with our venue. This one bump alone made it worth having her! I recommend her full planning for this reason and many more! Every vendor she vetted and selected for me to meet with was excellent - and she had never planned a wedding in Charlottesville before!
    They will always have a warm place in our heart and we will never be able to remember our wedding day without thinking of them - I miss them already!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2015

Where do I even begin?? My fiancé, Mike, and I ended our wedding night saying none of this could or would have been possible without Megan and this was not the first time we made comments like this to one another. Throughout the whole process, which was actually fun and enjoyable thanks to A Southern Soiree, we would say we don't know how anyone does this without Megan. We had the pleasure of working with Megan and, as well as, Gina for an entire year. Megan understood my vision better than I did and was able to recommend/assemble a team, of what we believe, were the best vendors in the area.

Megan made you feel as if she did not have any other weddings to plan-- just yours! We were living in Tampa during our wedding planning process and whenever we made it back to Raleigh, Megan always dedicated her time to our meetings on the days we were in town. She would respond to every email/text within hours of sending her a message. We knew we weren't, but we felt as if we were the only clients she was taking care of.

Not only were the months leading up to the big day stress free, but so was the day of, I felt completely relaxed knowing it was in their hands. They had a detailed timeline of when all the vendors were scheduled to arrive and managed the whole set up process leaving us with nothing to worry about.

Megan saw my dream and vision of the wedding from day one and made it come alive in a way I never thought was possible. Its only been a little over a week since our wedding and I miss working/talking to both Megan and Gina. They become a part of your life and it is because of them I had the absolute wedding of my dreams. We had multiple guests either the night of the wedding or in the days that followed tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

To anyone considering a wedding planner, I would highly recommend, if not insist they choose A Southern Soiree.

Sent on 06/29/2015

SLEEPING BOOTY · Married on 06/13/2015

I worked with Mackenzie at A Southern Soiree and she was highly professional and always very quick to respond to any needs or questions I had. She is well organized and stays on top of everything. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and praise! We loved getting to work with you as well! Looking forward to doing it again soon!

We had the good fortune to work with Gina to help plan our wedding. From the first meeting we knew she was the planner for us. We immediately canceled our other wedding planer appointments and booked Gina. She is amazing! She was kind, responsive, and ridiculously helpful. The whole team was so professional. Our wedding day was a dream and everything went so smoothly. I credit 100% of that to Gina. I would recommend A Southern Soiree to anyone looking to get married in the triangle!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Kendra · Married on 05/23/2015

As soon as I got engaged in October of 2013 I knew I wanted to hire a wedding planner. I started off working with Kailey who left in September. I then started working with Kelley Ann Ward. I was a little skeptical about working with someone new but I can honestly say Kelley Ann turned out to be the best wedding planner EVER!!! Kelley Ann was on top of everything. She coordinated with all my vendors, gave great idea, and gave me an overall sense of trust. During the planning process all of my family and friends couldn't believe how stress free I was. I felt as though I was in good hands. The day of my wedding I did not have one worry in the world. She handled everything. During the rehearsal she told everyone that if they had a question the day of the wedding to please call her instead of calling me or my parents. She took every bit of stress off of me. I have never known a bride to be able to say that every aspect of her wedding went perfect. I can say that. Nothing went wrong and if it did Kelley Ann made sure she handled it without letting me know. No bride wants to be stressed on their special day. I recommend Kelley Ann. I guarantee she will help make the planning process a breeze and your wedding day perfect. Thank you Kelley Ann for all your hard work. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. I could not have done it without you!!!!

Sent on 05/03/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Kendra, the feelings were mutual, you were such a joy to work with and I loved getting to know you and your wonderful family! I am so glad that your day was as perfect as you had hoped, I’m glad I was able to do everything I could to help make it happen! Hope you are enjoying your first month as a wife!!

Patty · Married on 05/23/2015

As a mother of the bride for my twin daughters weddings this summer, Kelley Ann with A Southern Soirée was a huge blessing for my daughter's Durham wedding. I remember asking her after the wedding if all of her weddings go as smoothly as ours and she humbly said , "I hope so". She is a wedding planner extraordinaire. Kelley Ann is exceptional and was such a joy and pleasure to work along side. She listened to the bride's vision for her wedding day and honored her wishes as she help to guide us in all of our efforts. It was a fun and relaxed planning process. She is a timeline master which is so crucial in the wedding process. We had prayed for a beautiful, loving, joyful and holy day and every detail helped that prayer to be realized. I would highly recommend Kelley Ann and A Southern Soirée to be part of your wedding and planning.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Blair · Married on 04/18/2015

Choosing A Southern Soiree was without one of the best decisions I made for my wedding weekend. Gina took the time to understand my vision for the wedding and provide me with the best advice on how to get exactly what I wanted. I was able to completely relax and enjoy the wedding weekend because I knew everything was in very capable hands and for this I am truly grateful. I would absolutely recommend A Southern Soiree to any friends getting married. If you want to get the most out of your perfect weekend, hire A Southern Soiree, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/01/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Blair, thank you so much for the kind words! I loved getting to work with you and your amazing family! You made my job so much fun by the energy you brought to your special day! I’m glad that you trusted us to make your special day everything you had dreamed of! Hope all is going well!

Madi · Married on 04/11/2015

Where do I even start with A Southern Soiree?! I am so beyond thankful for this team and the work they do! I worked with Kelley Ann, and there are not enough words to describe how blessed I felt by her and I am still so in awe of all the things she did for us. It was THE most incredible wedding I could have ever imagined, and it was all because of Kelley Ann. She went WAY above and beyond and allowed me to enjoy the planning (and the day of!) with zero stress or anxiety. And I stress over everything! I could never thank Kelley Ann enough for all she did for us.
    I debated for a long time whether I was going to book a wedding planner, or if I would just work with for the week of the wedding, etc. but I am SO glad I went with A Southern Soiree and I highly highly recommend them to everyone. There is no possible way we could have pulled off the amazing wedding day we had without them. A Southern Soiree and Kelley Ann was THE best decision I made.

Sent on 07/07/2015

jill · Married on 03/14/2015

After our daughter and her fiancé decided to get married in North Carolina (out of state for us), we knew we would need help! We were fortunate enough to be placed in the hands of Kelley Ann Ward. I thank my lucky stars everyday for this awesome, caring, calm, punctual, professional, detailed, fun, artistic, creative person!! We have no idea what we would have done without her!! Always around to answer any question, always there with a solution! The day of the wedding was so crazy and so fast that I think I may have lost it without Kelley Ann! When you thought you may have forgotten something, she had already thought of taking care of the situation. She went over and above anything I could imagine!! I have 2 other daughters, and I don't care where they get married I would be elated to have Kelley Ann come take care of us again!! Not only did she organize everything, she was a delight!! Everyone Loved Her!!! I will never be able to repay her monetarily because what she did was priceless!! I would recommend Kelley Ann to anyone!

Sent on 04/12/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Jill, your review was so sweet and heartfelt, thank you so much! You and your daughter were a joy to work with! I’m so happy that I got to be there for your daughter’s big day, with a solution to all your worries! I hope I get to work with you and your beautiful daughters in the future!

Marty · Married on 03/07/2015

What can we say? Gina was a superstar! We booked her for "Month of" coordination and couldn't have been happier with that selection. My wife and I both enjoy planning things so we were originally on the fence about hiring a wedding planner but Gina was a huge help. We were a little concerned because Gina was getting married the weekend after us and we thought she might be (understandably) distracted by her own wedding. Not the case! Gina was always available to us and quick to reply. I am known for writing longgggggggggg emails and she was unphased by them and always thorough with her answers. She offered great advice and was extremely helpful, especially dealing with a challenging vendor situation close to the wedding. We can't imagine how things would have gone without Gina but it wouldn't have been pretty. Our big day went off flawlessly and Gina played a HUGE role in that. On our wedding day, Gina was there for everything. Even though the Duke Chapel comes with their own coordinator, she was still there lending a hand and then of course at the reception she made sure everything went smooth. She was one of our 3 Stars of the night (Along with DJ Mark and our priest Father Mike) and we would recommend her to anybody, especially if you have a groomzilla on your hands, she was perfect!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Thank you for your amazing review! I really appreciate it and loved getting to know you and your wife! It was a pleasure being welcomed into the process of making your day so special for you two!

Julia · Married on 01/10/2015

We hired A Southern Soiree for full service planning. I had no Idea of exactly what I wanted and was feeling overwhelmed by all the choices and options for beginning the planning process! All I knew ahead of time was that I wants a planner!!! We started planning with the lovely Kailey, who was absolutely amazing at conveying to vendors of what I exactly wanted. My inarticulate self merely had to post a few things I liked on Pinterest and Kailey was able to describe my "vision" to the vendors! Unfortunately, in August Kailey left but luckily we were assigned to Kelley Ann who was equally as amazing as Kailey, although I will admit I was nervous at first as I had such an amazing experience with Kailey. Kelley Ann did not disappoint! She was always on top of things! I did not have to worry (although sometimes my type a personality did) about the minutia being completed ahead of time. She simply introduced herself as my planner to all of the vendors Kailey and I had already met with and confirmed all the details before I even knew she had done so! On the day of, I worried about absolutely nothing! Apparently (and here I am going to blame the boys) we were running a little behind but I had no idea! I was so calm because Kelley Ann and her assistant took care of everything! If you are looking for a planner who literally takes care of everything, to the point where you don't even know 85% of what is and needs to be done, I highly recommend Kelley Ann. Even if you are like me and are a more type a, hands on bride, who is more knowledgeable of the behind the scenes goings on, Kelley Ann is ideal because I was able to concentrate on the little decorative details that I wanted to have while she handled my vendors! I had such an amazing experience with A Southern Soiree! :)

Sent on 01/14/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

I’m glad the transition went smoothly between myself and Kailey! I knew that I would have a blast getting to know you and your groom and getting to take over for Kailey to do your wedding was such a pleasure! I’m glad that you were as happy as I was with how everything turned out!

Traci · Married on 12/20/2014

We used A Southern Soiree for month-of coordination services, and we could not have been happier with our choice. We booked early, before the summer months (maybe in March or April) for our December 20th wedding. We found out during the summer that the coordinator we had been assigned would be transitioning away from the company due to family/personal reasons and we would be getting a brand new coordinator. At first, this change made me nervous - but Kelley Ann Ward, our new coordinator, did not miss a beat! She dove into the role enthusiastically, totally setting us at ease with her knowledge and expertise (she has years of experience doing weddings at the Umstead Hotel), and we knew we were in good hands. She went far above and beyond just the basics listed in the "month-of" coordination package, making herself available to us for anything and everything we needed, including vendor recommendations and contact, looking over and sending contracts for us, and ironing out every little logistical detail you could think of. We were SO happy to have Kelley Ann running the show on our wedding day. My husband and I, along with my whole family, got to truly relax and enjoy the day, and it was all thanks to her hard work!

Sent on 02/16/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Traci, thank you for welcoming me into the process of your wedding after the process had already started! I’m so glad that I was given the job of working with you and your wonderful family! Happy six months to you and your loving husband, hope you’ve enjoyed all that the married life has to offer you two!

Amelia · Married on 11/29/2014

I had the great pleasure of working with Gina from A Southern Soiree for my wedding in November. She was wonderful to work with. I had always heard that wedding planning was stressful and that most brides were happy when it was over. This was not the case with me - all thanks to Gina! She was professional, kind, thoughtful and very responsive to all my needs. From day one she put me at ease and helped me plan my dream wedding. I actually was sad when it was over. This was a life changing event and I am so pleased that I chose A Southern Soiree/Gina. I highly recommend them/her to any new bride to be!

Sent on 02/04/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Amelia, your review is much appreciated! I can’t believe your wedding was seven months ago, it feels like yesterday! I had so much fun getting to work with you and your lovely groom, it was a beautiful day and I’m so flattered by your words of praise, thank you again!

Channing · Married on 11/15/2014

My husband and I had the honor of working with Megan, as well as, Gina during our wedding planning process. We had already booked our venue when we meet with A Southern Soiree but from the initial meeting on we knew they were the perfect fit for us, and therefore we booked them for the rest of the planning.

Both Megan and Gina are very sweet, thoughtful and personable. They definitely made us feel extremely comfortable. It was a huge burden taken off of me when Megan began helping. I no longer had to be the one dealing with contacting, researching and scheduling vendors as Megan was the one to now act on those tasks. It was great having feedback on different vendors and having the girls join in on the vendor meetings to help me make my final decisions and give suggestions.

Throughout the year of our wedding planning A Southern Soiree was fantastic. When it came down to the day of the wedding, that is when I could truly appreciate the help of Megan and Gina both. Megan was pregnant with her second child and actually due near my wedding date. Never once did she let that slow her down or cause me any stress as she ensured she had the other girls set in place to jump in with everything. The day of the wedding, I can honestly say, went off without a hitch. It was the most beautiful and magical day - more than I could have initially imagined. I know that myself, as well as, my mother were able to truly enjoy the day to it's full extent due to the fact that A Southern Soiree had everything under control (and even if they perhaps didn't I couldn't tell ya because they sure didn't let me know haha).

I would recommend A Southern Soiree to anyone who asks me if they are considering a wedding planner. It was truly a wonderful experience having these ladies take care of such an important day for us. Not only did things go extremely well but I can say we walked away from this expedition with new friends as an extension of our family. :)

Sent on 01/20/2015

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Channing, thank you so much for such a thoughtful review! Gina and I really appreciate hearing from you and have a hard time believing your wedding was last year! We had so much fun getting to know you, your family and your awesome groom over the process of planning your perfect wedding! It’s so good to hear that you and your mother were able to truly enjoy your day, that’s what we are here for! Hope all is going well!

Jeana · Married on 11/14/2014

In just a few words...we would've paid double for their services! :) They were wonderful from beginning to the very end and are so pleased with how our special day turned out - perfection!

Sent on 12/09/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Jeana, that’s so thoughtful for you to say! We loved getting to work with you and your groom, you were such a joyful family to get to know and help plan with! Hope the married life is blessing you with lots of memories!

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Gina at A Southern Soiree. She was absolutely amazing and I cannot recommend her enough. She was so responsive, so reassuring and had so many great ideas throughout my wedding planning process. It was amazing to have her there the day of the wedding because she was able to calm my jitters and ensure everything went off without a hitch! All of my other vendors kept raving about how timely the entire wedding was, stating they had never been to another wedding that was so seamless and flawless. My husband and I didn't have to worry about where to be or where to go because she was right by our side telling us what was next. It was amazing. Thank you so much Gina! I wish I could work with you everyday :)

Sent on 10/30/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate your kind words and for including me and A Southern Soiree in your planning process of your special day! I loved getting to know you and your husband over the course of planning your day! Hope all is well!

Kathryn · Married on 10/18/2014

There is not a bad thing I could say about this crew. Gina was my wedding advisor, therapist, and, most of all, friend through this whole crazy, amazing process. She kept my mother and I sane and helped give me the most amazing day of my life! I would hire Gina and the rest of the A Souther Soiree crew again and again. They are helpful, knowledgable, friendly, and get you answers in a timely fashion. I can't count the number of times Gina made me feel completely at ease about how the wedding day was going to go and then once the day got there I had no worries! Our wedding day was beyond perfect and I'm glad that Gina and the A Southern Soiree crew were there to make sure it went smoothly! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Kathryn, I’m so glad I was able to be there for you and your mother through all the decision making and planning process, you both were so welcoming and fun to work with! I hope you are both doing well, as well as your husband and the rest of your families!

Taryn · Married on 10/18/2014

My mom and I were first introduced to A Southern Soiree at a local wedding show. We were both quite impressed and knew right away we wanted to pursue hiring them to be our day of planner for the wedding. We were able to get a clear idea of how A Southern Soiree could help once we met with the planner. We reviewed the contract and signed up. About three months before the wedding we were informed the planner we had started with was making a career change and would be leaving the company. I was so nervous and upset at first, but I can honestly say everyone made sure we were in great hands. By the time I found out about the change, A Southern Soiree already had a new planner hired and was in communications with me about my vision. We met with our original planner as well as Kelley Ann, our new planner, to ensure everyone was on the same page and understood what we wanted.

I started a new job and moved to another state during this time. Kelley Ann was super flexible about times to meet, passing along last minute vendors, following-up every time we communicated and helped make the wedding of our dreams. She even came over to my parents house to pick everything up for the wedding the week before. If it wasn't for Kelley Ann I know our wedding would not have been what it was. Her very detailed time line was perfect! She made sure my husband and I ate at the wedding, always had a drink in our hands and that we were having the time of our lives! Our entire wedding party commented on how great Kelley Ann was to work with. A number of folks mentioned that everyone looked like they were having a fabulous time and that my mom was the most relaxed mother of the bride they had ever seen!

I had a good feeling about A Southern Soiree from the beginning and I should have known all along we were in good hands. Not only were we in good hands, but we were in GREAT hands workings with Kelley Ann!

Sent on 11/09/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Taryn, it’s so good to hear that you were as happy with our services as we are happy to provide them! I loved getting to know you and your family! It gave me great pleasure getting to make your dream vision come true! Hope you’re doing well!

Alyson · Married on 10/11/2014

Megan from A Southern Soiree was incredibly helpful and kind throughout our entire planning process. With so many details, decisions and logistics, she was always on top of everything and we couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 10/16/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Alyson, I’m so glad you enjoyed working with us as much as we enjoyed working with you! Thank you again for the review, hope you’re enjoying your eighth month of marriage!

Madison · Married on 10/11/2014

I don't know where to start! I had the best experience with a Southern Soiree! My wedding coordinator Gina threw me the wedding of my dreams! The first time we sat down together we came up with a theme and a budget. She 100% respected my budget, never strayed from our overall theme/ vision, she was always in a good mood (not sure how that's possible but its true), she kept me sane, responded promptly and delivered A+ service. But most of all she really cared. She bent over backwards to make my special day perfect. And as corny as it sounds...I have ZERO idea how I would have done it without her. I highly recommend her and The Southern Soiree. Oh and so does my husband :)

Sent on 10/30/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Madison, it is so rewarding to know how much you and your husband appreciated our services! Thank you for such a thoughtful review. I’m so glad A Southern Soiree got to help plan the day of your dreams and in the way you have always pictured it!

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

I cannot say enough about Kailey at A Southern Soiree!
    She is a super-planner and made our planning and day-of carefree and fun!
    Kailey met with my husband and I two times before the big day and went over, in very great detail, everything we wanted our day to be like, from the flowers to the table setup, to the music, etc...
    I did not have to ask what I was doing at any part of the day because she told me when it was time to do what and what I needed to bring and who needed to come with me.
    A day-of planner is the best way to go for a wedding and Kailey and A Southern Soiree do a wonderful job :)

Sent on 10/07/2014

A Southern Soiree's reply:

Jessica, you are so sweet to say that about A Southern Soiree and Kailey, I will be sure to pass that along! Thank you so much for welcoming me into your family and planning process!