119 Reviews for A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes

Delivery (6)
Consultations (4)
Setup (4)

3.0

The cake tasted AMAZING. After that though, my good review ends. We asked for a very specific cake, and it came out looking not like what I had wanted. It still looked okay, but not what I wanted. Also, they originally quoted me at over $300. I went to a few other places and got their quotes, and went back, and they lowered their price. I wish they had just given us the price in the first place. All in all, Im happy we went with them because the most important part is eating the cake, however it was not what I wanted at all look wise. Not to mention it completely fell apart, but that was after we already had the cake.

Profile Picture Stacy, 1/14/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Thomas did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! It was more than we ever expected and it was so delicious! We got so many compliments on it! We definitely recommend Slice of Heaven!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Absolutely go with this vendor! The cake was delicious and exactly what I was looking for! Everyone commented how delicious it was and how beautiful the wedding cake looked. We chose the "Brides on a Budget" option and it was perfect price for $$$$$ taste! 100% would recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/19/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

My wedding is just around the corner and I had waited a little long to book my cake but Tom was great to work with! I found him through an Internet search. He was wonderfully courteous on the phone and we set up an appointment to try some of their flavors and everything was great. He felt confident that he could give me the exact cake that I wanted and I am so excited to see how it turns out!

Profile Picture Sommer, 1/16/16, 8 Reviews
4.7

Beautiful and really tasty cake!
Would recommend it!

Profile Picture Helena, 12/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

My husband and I used A Slice of Heaven for our wedding cake and we could not have been happier. It was absolutely gorgeous and precisely what we asked for. Not only were they able to give us the intricate cushion look that we requested on one of the layers, but it actually tasted as good as it looked which doesn't happen often! And the prices were more than reasonable. We would highly recommend A Slice of Heaven!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Although we had three different layers and three different flavors, the key lime and raspberry was to die for

Profile Picture James, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

This was for a destination wedding and we were nervous about not being able to have a tasting. The cake turned out to be absolutely amazing and we couldn't have been more thrilled with the service and the cake! We are sad to say that the top tier didn't make it back to Ohio. I guess we will just have to have them make us a small cake for our one year anniversary when we go back to Florida! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/3/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

This cake I picked out online as I was traveling from Illinois to Florida for my wedding. I based my decision off the reviews. Reviews were amazing and honestly it was the most amazing cake and most beautifully decorated cake I have ever tasted and seen! It will not dissapoint! Highly recommend this company. It was delicious!!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had A Slice of Heaven design our wedding cake. We live in Jacksonville but our wedding was in the Tampa area. We didn't have the time and flexibility to drive back and forth between Jacksonville and the Tampa area, let alone down to Sarasota. We relied on reviews and pictures from the internet to pick our cake. I sent Thomas my cake idea and let him design the cake. I was essentially "blind" to the whole process of picking and designing the cake, but it was perfect. My cake was really one of the biggest surprises of our wedding day. It was exactly what I had discussed with the bakery. The details were perfect and it tasted amazing! We ordered the french vanilla and strawberry and pina colada flavors. It was really one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had. The guests loved it too.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My catering company, Sarasota Catering, recommended A Slice of Heaven to us. I worked with Thomas and Michelle on both my surprise groom's cake and tiered cupcake tower. They went above and beyond to make my vision a reality. They were quick to respond to all my questions and emails during the wedding planning process. Michelle was so patient through all my indecisiveness and had great suggestions and guidance. The groom's cake and cupcake tower both turned out incredible and I received tons of compliments on them (wish I could share pictures). Whatever ideas you have, they will do whatever it takes to deliver. I'm so happy I went with A Slice of Heaven for my wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was absolutely perfect. In fact, I've never tasted wedding cake this delicious...ever. Received SO many compliments on it... The manager, Tom was super helpful in looking at the big picture during my initial tasting/meeting. He asked about decor, dinner menu, etc. I supplied him with a picture of a cake I wanted too - a 3-tired buttercream-iced cake with simple texture and lemons, rosemary, and lavender adorning each tier. He dissected the cake, wanting to make sure every detail would be exactly how I wanted it.

The cake was everything I wanted...simple and southern. The vanilla buttercream icing is insane...so many back notes of rum and aromatics. The cake itself was CRAZY moist and the lemon curd and lemon cream fillings just took it over the top. I will say it again...this was the BEST wedding cake I've ever had.

I highly recommend this vendor for quality, value, and professionalism.

Profile Picture Leslie, 4/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A Slice of Heaven was nothing sort of amazing to work with. My wife and I ordered cupcakes for our wedding meet and greet as well as my grooms cake from there. The grooms cake was custom and they were so flexible and communicative throughout the process. They even designed our cupcakes in the shape of a bride and groom, which was a special touch for our wedding day. Will definitely order from them again.

Profile Picture Krystle, 3/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ordered a cake for my daughters wedding from "A Slice of Heaven" and the name truly fit the description of their cake ... it was delicious! They delivered on time, communicated promptly, and were absolutely delightful to work with. We ordered the budget seashell cake and the cake looked beautiful! They did not compromise quality for budget. We were really happy with them and their service.

Profile Picture Donna, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had 2 cakes - A bridal cake and a grooms cake and both came out better than we could have dreamed! We threw out the ideas that we had for each cake and those ideas became a beautiful reality! Both cakes were beautiful AND delicious!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/1/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. It was perfect in every way.

Profile Picture Judy, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wonderful Cake! Beautiful design! GREAT TASTE! We had a beach theme wedding. Our cake was trimmed in frosting sea shells! Lot's of pix ideas to look at. They will help you customize your cake to make it just what you want. Priced fairly. Quality beyond expectation! The Schaner's 10-10-2014

Profile Picture Schaner, 10/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was one of the most beautiful cakes and the most delicious cake ive ever had. We where so pleased with our beach theme wedding cake. We only had two weeks to find a bakery for our wedding cake and they made it happen and for an awesome price. Thank you again

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/20/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

We had our cake custom designed from a picture and it turned out exactly how I pictured it. The cake was also phenomenal and everyone said it was one of the best cakes they ever had. We had chosen a simple white cake with raspberry filling and it really was a amazing. I also saw some of their cakes being created for birthday parties while I made arrangements for my cake and the craftsmanship is out of this world. Highly recommend this vendor for wedding cakes as well as special event cakes.

Profile Picture User3047031, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was delicious and so beautiful. The bakery was also able to accommodate a last minute change of size on the cake.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a cake and 3 different variety of cupcakes from Slice of Heaven. It was by far the best cake and flavor I have ever had. The flowers they put on were done very nicely. Great JOB!! Guests loved them too!

Profile Picture Tammy, 4/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This is where we ordered our wedding cake from. I looked on their website & chose the cake that we wanted & went for a cake tasting. They were able to answer any questions that I had. The day of the wedding it was delivered promptly to our wedding venue. It was very fresh! It was beautiful & I got multiple comments on how beautiful & classy it looked.

Profile Picture Kieara, 4/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered our wedding cake through Slice of Heaven for our beach themed wedding. They created an absolute masterpiece with beautiful and edible shells with coral, and a very unique and detailed treasure chest. They even added sharks teeth for us! Everyone loved the look and taste of the cake and wanted more. Tom was very helpful and guided us through the cake design as well as all of the wonderful flavors and fillings that were available. We will definitely be ordering an anniversary cake from them in our future and we don't even live in the same city!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There are no words to describe the amazing cake that A Slice of Heaven delivered. All of our guests were remarking how beautiful and original the cake was - great design. And the taste was fabulous !!!!!

Profile Picture miriam, 4/5/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Slice of Heaven made us a picture perfect cake for our wedding. It was even better than we had hoped for!! Tom and Michelle are the best at what they do! They take pride in what they do and it shows! They delivered our perfect cake right on time and took extra measures to be sure it was set up and looked beautiful. It was beyond amazingly delicious and beautiful! Our guests loved it as did we!! I highly recommend them! !! Thank you Tom and Michelle!!! You are the Best!!!

Profile Picture User4061871, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews