A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes Reviews

126 | Sarasota, FL

126 Reviews for A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes

• User2058856 · 2+ years ago

Absolutely amazing service, cake was delicious!!! Would definitely chose them

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2012

The best wedding cake I've ever had and I'm not just saying that because it was my own wedding. The cake turned out beautiful!

Sent on 09/24/2012

We used A Slice of Heaven for our after ceremony cake. Michelle was great. I emailed her with a picture of the style of cake I wanted along with a picture of an actual shell for the colors. She was able to make the cake the way we requested. The flavors were amazing and the cake looked beautiful! At the restaurant we had our dinner at they were able to put it in the cooler and brought it out for us when we were ready to cut the cake. I would definitely order another cake through them again. Thank you so much for a delicious cake.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2012

I had no idea where to get a cake because I was from out of town. I went into their shop months before the ceremony and tasted cake and let them know what I was wanting. The cake at the wedding was even BETTER than I remembered. All of my guests went on and on about how it was the best wedding cake they had ever eaten, and I would agree. They are still talking about it :) And for the amount of cake we got, the price was great. Not to mention it was decorated perfectly. I would not only recommend Slice of Heaven, but I plan on going in their and buying by the slice next time I am in town :)

Sent on 07/10/2012

We used cupcakes for our wedding and I don't think in my entire life I have ever had any cake that was so full of flavor, moist and looked so amazing! We ordered 2 cupcakes for every person who attended out wedding and had next to none left over! The prices are amazing and the service was friendly!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Kristine · Married on 06/18/2012

They did a great job creating the cake I asked for. I sent them a photo of what I wanted and was delivered that image in cake form. Very happy with their work!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Alison · Married on 06/09/2012

We were very late when ordering our cake and Slice of Heaven was very accommodating. They provided lots of samples and options. We did a simple white cake with a tree drawn in icing on the side. It turned out beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Bonnie · Married on 06/02/2012

Planning a destination wedding can be very difficult especially when you want it to be as close to perfect and magical as possible. From Pittsburgh, we planned my daughter's wedding in Siesta Key, FL, the No. 1 beach in America! After choosing a wedding planner and caterer, we scheduled a taste-testing event for choosing the menu. At that time we did not get to visit bakeries in the area. Since the wedding cake is one of the highlights of the wedding, I began searching and researching numerous bakeries in the area, from their websites to their reviews to recommendations from our caterer. There are many wonderful bakeries around the Siesta Key/Sarasota area, but my final choice was A Slice of Heaven. I am so thankful I chose them. When I called to order the cake, we had thought we put together the right combination of cake/filling/icing/design. Boy were we mistaken! We followed the suggestions and recommendations given to us, and now the stress began hoping the cake would be good. Well, it was absolutely fantastic! I received so many complements how beautiful the cake was, and when it was served, all you could hear were oohs and awes! Thank you to the staff of A Slice of Heaven. You helped make my daughter's wedding day a magical success!

Sent on 06/20/2012
  • Missy and John

Missnevy · Married on 05/20/2012

The cake was delicious and beautiful. Nice job!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2012

Heather · Married on 03/24/2012

Slice of Heaven was the perfect pick! From the moment we had our tasting they were great. Thomas was super friendly and accommodating. They created the cake I wanted. It looked beautiful and it tasted delicious and was very moist. I got many compliments on how good the cake was. They suggested doing a three tier cake and then a sheet cake, which helped save money. We got to pick four flavors. My guests loved each flavor, I only wish I got to try more of the cake, but I was too busy dancing.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Ginger · Married on 03/17/2012

What a cool, funky place A Slice of Heaven is !!! Our wedding cake was simple but elegant, our Floral Designer made suggestions for the vision of our cake & she worked with the owner & it turned out amazing. Our flavors were Chocolate / Chocolate Mousse & French Vanilla / Raspberry. Yummy it was the best cake , our guests loved it . My favorite was the French Vanilla-Raspberry.

Sent on 04/22/2012

Lisa · Married on 03/10/2012

A Slice of Heaven did a wonderful job with our cake. I ordered 4 tiers and came in with a sketch I made that they were able to tweak to fit my budget and taste. They also had different cake stands to choose from. Our cake looked beautiful and tasted fabulous!! We received many compliments from guests. My only wish was that I had saved more for us to eat later since we only had a few bites!

Sent on 03/22/2012

Jovanna · Married on 01/28/2012

Beautiful and from what I hear, delicious cake. Good price, friendly people!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Susan · Married on 12/29/2011

Amazing cake, beautifully decorated, sooo delicious (key lime mousse, with key lime cake), delivered on tme. Wish I could include a picture to show how pretty it was.

Sent on 03/25/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/29/2011

My cake was marble with chocolate mousse filling. It was so tasty, we got a ton of compliments on how great it was. I really would recommend this baker, and will use them again in the future for other events! :)

Sent on 11/17/2011

Megan · Married on 10/29/2011

All of our guests raved about our wedding cake! We used the Brides on a Budget wedding cake service from A Slice of Heaven. The beach themed cake was perfect for us, since our reception was in the sand. The marble cake with chocolate filling was delish. I highly recommend A Slice of Heaven to anyone who wants a delicious cake!

Sent on 12/05/2011
  • O

Helen · Married on 09/25/2011

A Slice of Heaven did an absolutely FANTASTIC job for my niece's destination wedding. The "Edith and Archie Bunker" cake was a HUGE hit and the beach theme cake was absolutely stunning. The guests all raved how delicious the cakes tasted. The white chocolate chip with chocolate mousse and banana cream filling was like a party in my mouth! I totally recommend A Slice of Heaven!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Tiffney · Married on 06/11/2011

Hands down the BEST cake I have EVER had! My guests loved it also! We went with the Bride on A Budget Cake- seashells French Vanilla with European Raspberry Filling. It was so beautiful and was the perfect final touch to our beach wedding. I can't wait until our 1st anniversary to taste it again!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Tara · Married on 05/29/2011

We used slice of heaven for our wedding cake. The cake was delicious and moist. The delivery was prompt. The tasting was great and I felt like the employees were attentive to what we wanted. I called them on our first anniversary to get a replica of the topper. I think that we might end up doing that every year! It was true to the original and super fresh! I will be using them at least once a year!

Sent on 03/05/2013
  • Y

Yosi · Married on 04/12/2011

Litteraly it was a slice of heaven! yummy! They were great to work with too. They helped me design the cake I wanted from a combination of pictures I found online, over the phone. I knew nothing about ordering cakes and they really helped me through the process. My family and I enjoyed the cake even the day after.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Amy · Married on 03/26/2011

I got married on 3/26/11 and used A Slice of Heaven for my wedding cake. I'm so glad we chose them as our vendor. We had a beach design with seashells and sand. We got the raspberry filling and chocolate mousse as a layer and also key lime cake with key lime mousse. Both were a big hit. Many of the guests at the wedding went back for second and third slices of wedding cake. The buttercream icing is awesome as well. Thanks again!!

Sent on 04/11/2011

Jennifer · Married on 03/11/2011

A Slice of Heaven just did my cake for my March 11th wedding....It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I couldn't have gotten a better vendor for my cake. The cake itself was EXACTLY what I wanted and it tasted amazing. I highly recommend the French Vanilla Cake with the Raspberry Filling and the Chocolate Cake with the mousse filling! THANK YOU!

Sent on 03/19/2011

Suzanne · Married on 12/11/2010

My cake not only looked amazing, but was so good! My guests were amazed at how beautiful it was, and even more so how great it tasted!

Sent on 12/28/2010

Stephanie · Married on 11/13/2010

So I like cake, and I have eaten my fair share of wedding cake. Our wedding cake from Slice of Heaven was THE BEST cake I have ever had! On top of that, we got so many complements on how pretty it was. They were super easy to work with. I think I made two phone calls...just to pick the style and flavors and pay the balance, they did all the rest. Don't think about going anywhere else!

Sent on 12/09/2010

Constanze · Married on 07/30/2010

Our Slice Of Heaven Brides On A Budget Cake was great and so tasty. We chose the vanilla cake with European raspberry filling. A Slice Of Heaven gave us the option to provide flowers for our cake but I could not decide whether I wanted to or not because I liked the simplicity the white cake with white icing dots. I waited until about an hour and a half before the ceremony to decide I wanted to add flowers and the gentlemen who delivered the cake came prepared and beautifully placed the flowers I brought. Our guests loved the cake and we will definitely order A Slice Of Heaven cake for our anniversaries.

Sent on 08/08/2010