A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes Reviews

126 | Sarasota, FL

126 Reviews for A Slice of Heaven Hand Crafted Custom Cakes

Katie · Married on 04/29/2014

My cake was delicious and so beautiful. The bakery was also able to accommodate a last minute change of size on the cake.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Tammy · Married on 04/12/2014

I had a cake and 3 different variety of cupcakes from Slice of Heaven. It was by far the best cake and flavor I have ever had. The flowers they put on were done very nicely. Great JOB!! Guests loved them too!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Kieara · Married on 04/12/2014

This is where we ordered our wedding cake from. I looked on their website & chose the cake that we wanted & went for a cake tasting. They were able to answer any questions that I had. The day of the wedding it was delivered promptly to our wedding venue. It was very fresh! It was beautiful & I got multiple comments on how beautiful & classy it looked.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Kristen · Married on 04/12/2014

We ordered our wedding cake through Slice of Heaven for our beach themed wedding. They created an absolute masterpiece with beautiful and edible shells with coral, and a very unique and detailed treasure chest. They even added sharks teeth for us! Everyone loved the look and taste of the cake and wanted more. Tom was very helpful and guided us through the cake design as well as all of the wonderful flavors and fillings that were available. We will definitely be ordering an anniversary cake from them in our future and we don't even live in the same city!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Miriam · Married on 04/05/2014

There are no words to describe the amazing cake that A Slice of Heaven delivered. All of our guests were remarking how beautiful and original the cake was - great design. And the taste was fabulous !!!!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Slice of Heaven made us a picture perfect cake for our wedding. It was even better than we had hoped for!! Tom and Michelle are the best at what they do! They take pride in what they do and it shows! They delivered our perfect cake right on time and took extra measures to be sure it was set up and looked beautiful. It was beyond amazingly delicious and beautiful! Our guests loved it as did we!! I highly recommend them! !! Thank you Tom and Michelle!!! You are the Best!!!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Look no more! You MUST use Slice of Heaven for your wedding cake! I did a wedding cupcake tower with top tier cutting cake and it was well within my budget. I also must have changed our design at least 4 times and they had absolutely no qualms about it. Our cake was beautiful and even better than what I envisioned. And even though we didn't do the now popular fondant (which doesn't taste that good), the cake was smoothly and flawlessly covered and decorated.

But most importantly it TASTED LIKE A SLICE OF HEAVEN. We did french vanilla with house buttercream and strawberry filling. Even those who don't typically eat cake or like wedding cakes LOVED it.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/18/2014

Slice of Heaven was recommended to my husband and I by the jeweler who sold us our wedding rings, so we figured we'd try them out. Went in for a tasting (chocolate and vanilla cakes with about four different fillings and icings) and the girl who helped us (I feel awful I can't remember her name!! It's on our order form but alas we are away on our honeymoon!) was really patient with our uncertainty. After tasting, we knew we liked their cake and were just not sure on a design. She spent a good hour or more with us explaining everything we needed to know. In the end we decided on a variety of mini cupcakes and a two tiered cake decorated to match our rustic fence invitations. When I picked it up - it was perfect! Better than I had imagined. Once we cut into it at the wedding, people couldn't stop praising it and asking where we got it from because of how delicious it was!! Definitely will be recommending them to all my girl friends who have recently become engaged - and of course going back myself for all future special occasions! Thank you Slice of Heaven!!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 12/28/2013

A Slice of Heaven provided our wedding cake. They did an excellent job! Many of our guests commented that the cake was delicious. They also commented how great it smelled when they walked past it. We went for the tasting and sampled many fillings and two types of cake. We did not have a lot of time before our wedding and we relied heavily on reviews from Wedding Wire. Needless to say the reviews proved to be very accurate. We chose two different cake flavors that we did not get to sample. We were more than pleased with the selections we made. The only negative comment we have is that the box they left for the top cake was too small and the cake did not fit in it properly. Otherwise the cake was beautiful and tasted even better. We highly recommend A Slice of Heaven as a wedding cake provider.

Sent on 02/23/2014

My wedding cake was beautiful and I had a ton of compliments on how delicious it was!! My guest are still talking about how awesome my cake was!!

Sent on 12/09/2013

My wedding was a vintage/Tiffany & Co inspired wedding. I brought in a picture of what I wanted and changes a few little things. When I saw the cake on the day of my wedding I was blown away as to how perfect and beautiful it looked! It's difficult to find a company who can make a cake look beautiful and also make it taste amazing! I was so happy with my cake. They don't use fondant which I like because a lot of places make it too thick. They were able to make my cake look like it had fondant but really didn't. I can go on and on about A Slice of Heaven. Definitely would recommend this place!!!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Ronelle · Married on 10/26/2013

The seashell, 3 tiered cake, chocolate fudge flavored was over the top delicious. They delivered the cake to our reception restaurant early enough for set-up. It was absolutely gorgeous! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sara · Married on 10/25/2013

A slice of Heaven is definitely the best place to get wedding cake! They did our four tier wedding cake with each layer being a different cake type, and cupcake favors. Everything was so awesome! We had more than 60 extra large rations than we needed when we bought the cake, and it was all devoured. Our guests are still telling us how awesome our cake was! Thank you so much! They also did a beautiful job in the design of our cake. They did our wedding flowers cascading down the cake which was beyond perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2013

I found a picture of the exact cake I wanted online. I gave a copy to Slice of Heaven and on my wedding day, there it was, looking exactly like the picture. It was really beautiful and they do impressive work. Also, their cakes are buttercream, which is a huge plus with us. They still did a lot of intricate and artistic pipework with the buttercream and it tasted so much better to me than the typical fondant cakes at weddings! Our guests devoured the cake and we received a lot of compliments.

Sent on 11/05/2013
  • DisDreamer06

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change bakers 2 weeks before our wedding. I was about to call Slice of Heaven and they worked with me to make sure we had the type of cake we wanted. It tasted incredible! I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Denise · Married on 10/06/2013

Great Cake. Easy to work with.

Sent on 10/11/2013

A · Married on 09/06/2013

Best cakes in the sarasota area

Sent on 09/10/2013

The cake was fantastic! It was beautiful, tasty, and huge! Delivery was very satisfactory. The consultation was a lot of fun even though I was somewhat disappointed they only offered two cake flavors for sampling. We did end up picking a flavor from the case that was so yummy (key lime).

Sent on 08/29/2013

Could not have been happier with both the groom's cake and wedding cake that A Slice of Heaven made for us. Both cakes were designed based on pictures and one was ordered via e-mail (destination wedding). They responded very quickly and were very thorough in ensuring that they knew exactly what I wanted, and produced two beautiful, DELICIOUS cakes. All of our guests raved about both cakes - looks and taste! The cake is very moist, the filling choices are plentiful and all very yummy, and the buttercream icing actually tastes GOOD (unlike most wedding cakes that use bitter fondant). You will not be disappointed if you go with A Slice of Heaven!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Heather · Married on 05/30/2013

My wedding cake was awesome! I had a destination wedding and was unable to taste the cake or see any in person. The cake was not only beautiful but tasted really good too. I definately recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Tracy · Married on 05/17/2013

We went into our appointment knowing what we wanted the cake to look like. Our cake was incredible. I can't say enough how happy I was with the cake, it was perfect. Our designer was Michelle and she did an amazing job. The cake looked to beautiful to cut it and eat it but we did and it tasted just as amazing as it looked. Our guests loved the cake they thought it was beautiful and that it was delicious. Every detail that we wanted on the cake was there. Thank you to A Slice of Heaven Custom Cakes for the best wedding cake ever!!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/01/2013

A slice of Heaven did a fantastic job on our cake. I had them make a few changes by adding my own cake stand as well as using real flowers from a local florist and and they made it work. They were very attentive and the price was great! I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 03/08/2013

We decided a little late in the game to have a cake at our wedding and A Slice of Heaven was more than accommodating. Not only was our cake delicious but it was beautiful as well. It was exactly what we envisioned for our day and people could not stop talking about how beautiful it was. Their prices were reasonable and customer service was excellent! Thank you to A Slice of Heaven team for the delicious cake!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Amy · Married on 10/19/2012

Wonderful cake vendor. Extremely responsive and great price!

Sent on 02/24/2013

Candy · Married on 09/29/2012

We had met this vendor at a Bridal show along with a few others. Just when we thought we had chosen our cake vendor, we heard some rather disturbing information about them which led us to A Slice of Heaven! We made an appointment to do a cake tasting, they were very flexible with their schedule as they worked around my work times! When we arrived, there was a plate ready for us with several different types of cakes and fillers...wow! We tried them all and left them a deposit to hold our date!! I provided them with a photo of the cake we wanted, gave them our florist name (we had flowers on the cake), dropped off our topper and anxiously waited until our wedding. Amazing...the cake was amazing, beautiful...just what we wanted!! Our guests were very excited at the flavors and complimented on how beautiful the cake was. We will use this vendor in future as well as recommend them to others!

Sent on 11/19/2012