A Sharper Palate Reviews

43 | Richmond, VA

43 Reviews for A Sharper Palate

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2013

Lauren was our point of contact throughout our engagement. She helped us pick a menu, held a tasting, then met with us to fine tune the details. Nothing was left unplanned, but she did all the work. I didn't have to worry about forgetting about a beverage station or to mention the time for the toast. It was such an easy process. And the food was fantastic. We had heavy hors d'ouvres, and there were so many interesting and tasty options to choose from. They also provided our beverage service and wait staff. Again, I'm so glad it was a one stop shop. Everything was perfectly coordinated with minimal work on my part.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Sara · Married on 10/13/2012

I wish I could give 10 stars because they are amazing!!! Coming from Charleston SC, I was trying to create a southern- inspired menu. They created a menu that that was southern-inspired and completely delicious! We got TONS of compliments saying that the food was some of the best they had ever had at a wedding! The communication was great throughout the whole process (Kristen was the best!), and they were extremely prompt to every meeting and to the wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Joanna · Married on 06/30/2012

AMAZING!! Everyone was RAVING about how fantastic our food was. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/15/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2012

A sharper Palate went above and beyond to make our day perfect!! They were quick to offer help in any area they could. The food was amazing!! We received so many compliments from our guest on their professionalism, great food, and presentation. I can't recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Jill · Married on 10/16/2010

I had a wonderful experience working with A Sharper Palate. Their professionalism and responsiveness was far above the other caterers we contacted. They worked with me to find a menu that fit my budget all while keeping the quality of food at a high standard. The food was delicious! I would definitely work with A Sharper Palate again in the future.

Sent on 10/25/2010

yu · Married on 08/01/2009

Very good food. And very considerate.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Kim at A Sharper Palate was fabulous. She was with us from the inquire to the big day. Guests raved about the food and they were all over anything that needed to be done.

Sent on 06/03/2017

The caterer is one of the most importance choices you make for a wedding reception. I chose A Sharper Palate and I am very happy with that choice. They made the time to meet with us for an initial consultation, during the holidays, when another caterer would only do a teleconference. They were prepared at that consultation just based on our estimated headcount and knowledge of our venue, and were able to offer advice right away. Throughout the process they were very professional, responded to my many questions, and made recommendations. They also took care of all the rentals which I appreciated. One of the most important things at a wedding reception is the food and A Sharper Palate did a great job. One recommendation I wish I had taken was to have more food open earlier. However, Sharper Palate saved the day. The set up was beautiful, the food was delicious (I received compliments on the food), and there was plenty. We didn't run out of anything even after I made my guests wait to eat so they were hungry. They also took special care of the bride and groom, from making sure they got some of the passed hor d'ouevres (which they had to miss for pictures), taking care of them throughout the evening, and even prepared a to go basket for them. The caterer is a major expense for a wedding but A Shaper Palate's rates are competitive and they did a fantastic job.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Karen · Married on 08/13/2010

They made my day worry free as they took care of all the details...the food was amazing and so professionally delivered. Will certainly use them again to cater other events!

Sent on 09/04/2010
  • Emily

Emily Hawk · Married on 06/27/2020

A COVID-19 Dream Team

Sharper Palate catered our wedding in June, and frankly I could not have been more impressed. We selected our menu over a year ago, when the world looked like a very different place. As the phases rolled out and new rules for gatherings were placed on all of us, A Sharper Palate continually came up with creative solutions so that we could keep the initial menu and ideal of our wedding. Not only that, our guests felt comfortable, respected, and like someone had paid attention to their safety and health. The food was delicious and my only complaint could be that everyone enjoyed too much of it so my own left overs were limited.

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • O

Oriana Hargrove · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect wedding reception

Sharper Palate catered my wedding, and I was so pleased with the results. We did one tasting that allowed us to customize the menu to our liking. Our guests all said the food was top-notch, and the staff during the event were incredibly responsive to the needs of the bride and groom. We loved their shrimp and grits, lamb chops, mini baked potatoes and more. They also made delicious specialty cocktails for our guests.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

Our venue required us to choose from a list of three approved caterers, and after meeting with ASP on the Wedding Crashers Tour, they were an easy choice. Lauren was so personable and easy to work with throughout the whole process, and we loved that we were able to include my parents in our tasting. Her team incorporated some family traditions into our menu (Polish pierogis) and tweaked some of their menu items to suit our tastes. They also allowed us to provide our own alcohol, which put a lot less pressure on our budget. Looking back, the only thing I would have done differently was to develop a more solid rain plan. There were a few small things that came up last minute that I wish we had been able to address ahead of time. Otherwise, my guests were full, happy, and well-hydrated for the entirety of our event!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2012

Wonderful food !! Very easy to work with.. Will do what they can to make your day stress free

Sent on 02/07/2012

Sara · Married on 09/25/2010

Leslie and her staff were amazing. Our guests are still raving about the food, from the tenderloin to the oysters, and I’ve never had such fantastic veggie skewers. The presentation was beautiful!

I especially appreciate the truly professional service they delivered. The staff was always there when they needed to be, but never there “too much.” They made everything happen seamlessly. I can't wait to tell future brides about their amazing work!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2008

2.5

They were exrtreamly professional. I was pregnant when I got married and had many adjustments made to our menu and they were very understanding about everything. I asked for sparking cider as I and some of our guests did not drink. I pointed them out at the begining of the reception to make sure they were not offended and offered any chmapagne and they did an excellent job. It was very expensive but the food was delicious and the bartenders were great. We got our cake from them as well but instead of cake we got cupcakes and a small cake to save for ur anniversary. They did a fantastic job and I was extreamly pleased with their service.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Addie · Married on 10/21/2017

The ASP team was great to work with during our wedding planning process. Kristen and Kyle made our out of town planning easier by coordinating with the rental company to have samples on site when we came into town for our tasting. My fiance and I were looking to offer southern comfort food in a formal setting and ASP struck the perfect balance for us. When I told ASP we were planning on getting desserts from a few of our favorite local vendors instead of going with one of their cakes, the team could not have been more supportive. Our day of contact, Kim, was just as excited about our dessert table as I was and absolutely made my vision come to life. In addition to catering, ASP also coordinated our rentals for us including delivery, set up and breakdown arrangements which made for such a smooth process. I did have to put my foot down when we received pushback on our floor plan for plated dinner service. However, once ASP realized our vision for dinner was non-negotiable, they did a phenomenal job accommodating our guests. Overall we had a great experience with ASP and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/12/2009

2.0
      3.0

I was disappointed with their catering services. Before the wedding, I had a difficult time getting in touch with the event planner. It would take several emails from me before she would reply. On the day of the wedding, the servers did not pass out cake or champagne for the toast. The food tasted delicious but the portion sizes were incredibly small, even for heavy hors d'oeuvres. The bartenders were excellent. For the amount of money that we paid them, I was not happy with their service.

Sent on 09/29/2009

John · Married on 10/10/2017

1.4
      0.5

I have heard many stories from their employee, current and former employee how they have been treated. People have been fire and also discriminated by the company.

Sent on 05/09/2018