A Schoolhouse Garden Reviews

A Schoolhouse Garden 7
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Mesa · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful and Easy to Work With

A Schoolhouse Garden was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding day. Nancy is incredibly knowledgable and talented and was able to pull together my random thoughts into a beautiful, cohesive picture. She spent quality time with me months before the wedding learning about my style, vision, and personality. The staff were timely, professional and helpful on our wedding day - and I was able to get a boutonniere for my "Best Dog" too (worth it)!

Claire · Married on 08/18/2018

I strongly recommend working with Nancy, she captured exactly what I wanted and I mean exactly. Everything was beautiful the long greenery on the tables and perfectly laid out candles were magical looking. My bouquet was also perfect with the hint of blue that was so sutled but was just right for my "something blue". The flower crowns for the flower girls and our Golden Retriever were also perfect. She is a wealth of knowledge and gave me pro-only suggestions to get the girls to practice with fake flower crowns before the wedding day (worked like a charm). The flowers stayed fresh throughout the ceremony and reception we even got to enjoy them for quite a while afterward as well! If you want quality, superior design and professional knowledge go to Nancy at A Schoolhouse Garden!

A Schoolhouse Garden 8

Traci · Married on 06/02/2018

Nancy and her staff were wonderful to work with! I had a limited ideas and a pinterest board for inspiration. Nancy was able to take this and make wonderful arrangements for my wedding. Her shop is adorable, so make sure to stop by and see it!

Nancy was recommended by my coordinator Becky, at the Inn at Round Barn Farms. Nancy was very familiar with the venue and just enhanced the natural beauty of the space.

A Schoolhouse Garden 9
    A Schoolhouse Garden 10
    A Schoolhouse Garden 11
    A Schoolhouse Garden 12
    A Schoolhouse Garden 13
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Beautiful Work

Loved working with Nancy for my wedding in June. My husband and I didn’t really know what we wanted for flowers & wedding decor, but Nancy talked us through every detail including things we hadn’t even thought about. She helped us determine what would work best with our budget and on the day-of, she and her team arrived extra early to ensure our center pieces were perfectly arranged to accommodate our family-style dinner. Highly recommend!

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

Nancy and her team did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding! A Schoolhouse Garden was recommended by our venue and we were not disappointed! As someone who knows very little about flower varieties, Nancy's attention to detail and creative process was perfect for my vision. I provided magazine clippings and pinterest pictures and Nancy created exactly what I was envisioning while staying within our budget. Everything was beautiful! I highly recommend A Schoolhouse Garden.

• User3577706 · 1+ year ago

Incredibly fun to work with and outragesouly talented! Far exceeded my expectations overall.

Natalie · Married on 07/08/2017

Everything was perfect. Nancy is amazing!

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

Nancy from A Schoolhouse Garden made our wedding beautiful! We weren’t sure exactly what we wanted for our flowers, but Nancy was easily able to help us create our vision through thoughtful questions, examples, and creative ideas. She is so professional and has so much experience that we knew within minutes of meeting her that we trusted her to craft beautiful pieces that perfectly reflected us and our style better than we could have dreamed — and she did!! All our guests (and our photographer!) commented on how beautiful the arrangements were. Thank you, Nancy, for your gorgeous work!

Jen · Married on 06/03/2017

Less than 3 weeks ago, we worked with Nancy from A Schoolhouse Garden for our wedding at the Skinner Barn, also in Waitsfield. We were and still are so grateful to have worked with her and her team; they were our first choice when we were looking for florists.

Nancy was intuitive, respectful, and brilliant to work with. She worked with us throughout our planning process to help actualize our vision. Her familiarity with our venue also complemented our experience as she was able to support us in making decision about what we needed from previous weddings she had done at the barn.

We did not have a huge budget for flowers but what A Schoolhouse Garden was able to do with our budget was incredible. The flower arrangements were stunning and deeply reflective of our vision and discussions. We received many compliments on them and thoroughly enjoyed them for a week after the wedding!

Matthew · Married on 05/20/2017

We hired A Schoolhouse Garden to be our florist for our 5/20/17 wedding and we couldn't have been happier! Leading up to the big day, they were great and helping us shape our vision for flowers, as we didn't even know where to start! They were very flexible with us, providing several different quotes for different flower options as we tried to determine what we wanted and what we could afford. On the day of the flowers were stunningly beautiful and the staff that they sent to set up were very helpful and attentive. They complimented our handmade centerpieces with moss and single blooms in small vases, making sure everything was set up perfectly so we didn't have to worry! They also made the effort to seek us out the day after to give us all of the left over flowers in neat arrangements so that our close friends and family could take home a piece of the day. I'd highly recommend A Schoolhouse Garden to anyone!

kathryn · Married on 05/20/2017

We could not have been happier with how our flowers and decor turned out for our wedding. Nancy and Elizabeth at A Schoolhouse Garden are true visionaries. Our wedding couldn't possibly have been more beautiful. We also felt very taken care of throughout the entire process; any stress/worry before meeting with Nancy was quickly resolved because she really truly is an expert; you can put all of your trust into A Schoolhouse Garden to make your dream wedding a reality! No hesitation whatsoever to recommend A Schoolhouse Garden, we would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Nancy was incredible!! Our flowers were absolutely gorgeous. I had a lot of special requests (floral chandelier, garlands on our seats, special seating card display) and she knocked it ALL out of the park. Each element was even better than I imagined. She was also a huge help during the planning process. Her creativity, taste, experience, team, and relationships with our other vendors made the whole planning process easy and worry-free.

Rachel · Married on 07/10/2016

Nancy was amazing to work with. She did the flowers for our wedding on 7-10-16 and they were beautiful. We did a consultation prior and her process of going through all of the aspects of the wedding, the design, the ambiance, all of the colors, made us feel so comfortable and confident in her expertise. Neither of us are experts on flowers, and therefore all we had was a collection of photos on pinterest to show Nancy however we immediately felt sure that no matter what the flowers would turn out beautiful and they absolutely did! The bride and bridesmaids bouquets were so gorgeous and the centerpieces came out stunningly. We also rented mixed votives for candles from Nancy which were placed on the tables and on the windowsills and when we walked into our reception space we were blown away with how beautiful everything looked. We would absolutely recommend working with Nancy!

Katie · Married on 07/09/2016

Nancy was a pleasure to work with. She captured the colors and vision I had for my bouquets as well as my centerpieces perfectly. I also LOVED the boutonnieres she made and we received many compliments on them. In addition to delivering exactly what I wanted, she was also very flexible about adjusting number of centerpieces as our headcount changed. I highly recommend Nancy.

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Nancy and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. She took the ideas I had floating around and elevated them beyond my imagination. The arbor she created was stunning and I had people commenting on the quality and design of the center pieces all night. My bouquet took my breath away when I saw it. I recommend A Schoolhouse Garden for any event needed, they truly elevate the level of the wedding

Jennifer · Married on 03/06/2016

Nancy at a Schoolhouse Garden was our florist for our wedding in Chittenden, Vermont in March 2016. Nancy has a beautiful style and a wonderful eye, she is very talented. She is very professional and is very experienced. We loved meeting with Nancy at her studio in Waitsfield, it gave me a lot of confidence in her talent. She has great attention to detail and cares about the details of your wedding and how they will mesh together with the flowers she is providing. She also is more than willing to work with different budgets. I felt at ease knowing that Nancy works regularly with all of our vendors, everything was beautiful, thanks Nancy!

Unbelievable creativity, beautiful presentation, and incredible people to work with. Why would you go anywhere else?

Perfection. Nancy was so warm and knowledgable when we initially met, and she really listened to what I had envisioned for our wedding day. When she sent the proposal (with photos of flowers and colors), it was perfect. We also rented vases from ASG, and they went perfectly with the feel and look of the wedding. When my bouquet arrived the morning of the wedding, I was thrilled! Many florists have set fees for various services, but we were able to give nancy our budget, and she let us know what flowers and options would work within that amount. She arranged flowers for the ceremony and we were able to move them inside for the reception without any problem. There were also so many more flowers than I was expecting! It tied our entire decor theme together, and it was perfect. Nancy was always very responsive.

Julia · Married on 07/11/2015

Flowers were absolutely gorgeous! Nancy was very attentive to every detail - she put together a great proposal and everything was executed perfectly on the day of the wedding.

Meghan · Married on 03/06/2015

Nancy was amazing to work with for my winter wedding. I had a lot of my own ideas for what I wanted for decor prior to our first meeting. Nancy was so thorough in understanding all the details of my colors, taste, etc that when she sent over my vision it was exactly what I had been looking for. My dad had created two types of centerpieces that I wanted Nancy to add to and then create one of her own. Prior to the wedding I wasn't 100% sure how it would all work out, but when we walked into the reception my jaw dropped because it was beyond anything that I had imagined. She truly has such talent for taking an idea and running with it. Everyone was blown away by how amazing she made the space look. She did an equally amazing job with the girls bouquets that the saddest part of the day is I didn't have more time with it. Nancy brought the flowers straight to the church so they didn't brown in the cold.

Kristen · Married on 11/23/2014

They did an amazing job! All the flowers and design elements were exactly as we had discussed. We were thrilled by everything.

Mike and Kristen Siska
    11/23/14
    Mountain Top Inn, Vermont

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2014

The flowers were stunning a perfect mix of fall colors. Both Julia and Nancy were easy to deal with from a distance (destination wedding). Very good eye for detail, color and improvisation. Definitely recommend.

VT brides NEED to get Nancy to do your wedding flowers. She is so much more than flowers; her vision created my entire wedding. She is so creative, thorough and thoughtful; her whole team is. I honestly felt privileged to be working with them. From day 1, when I sent in a generic information seeking email inquiring whether my flower of choice would be possible in the fall to my wedding day, Nancy and her team impressed me every step of the way. She's also very knowledgeable about weddings, and VT weddings in general and felt she was a trusted advisor. Love!!

I can't say enough about Nancy and her team. She was amazingly responsive, organized, and helpful for more than a year leading up to my wedding. She has a love for floral design and event décor, and it was evident from the level of detail at our very first meeting... sketching out my dress, inquiring about the colors and styles of our wedding party, showing us pictures and swatches to make sure she was capturing our vision, and coming up with beautiful ideas for making that vision even more gorgeous than was in my head!
    I got a million compliments on how beautiful everything looked, and I have to give all the credit to A Schoolhouse Garden.
    Even the delivery of our flowers was perfect... I couldn't help but hug the wonderfully nice woman who brought me my bouquet, and it was so gorgeous, it literally brought me to tears.
    I call that a home run! Nancy and her team are the BEST. You can't go wrong.

Danielle · Married on 08/24/2013

I cannot thank Nancy enough for the amazing flower displays and bouquets that she put together for my wedding this weekend. I planned my Vermont wedding from PA, so I was limited to photos online and reviews when selecting vendors. When I saw Nancy's work online I thought there was no way I would be able to afford. Especially after speaking with other florists who had a minimum $ spend. But Nancy welcomed me and said we could work with whatever I could spend. I know very little about flowers, but Nancy compensated for this with her amazing creativity. When we did meet, she had small swatches representing all of the colors of our wedding. My fiance and I got to select colors and flowers from her photo book, to come up with our combinations. It would be so easy for her to just do the work beautifully, without involving the two of us (clueless and even more clueless). But instead she made the process fun, and when we started receiving compliments we could say that we actually picked it out.

Finally, the very best was seeing everything come together on that day. We were married at the 1824 House, and Nancy knew our caterer and our other vendors very well. They all worked as a team to make every thing perfect for us that day. When I at last saw the tables, I couldn't believe how MUCH we got for our money. I highly recommend this vendor to all brides and grooms!!