A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth Reviews

168 | Lombard, IL

168 Reviews for A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth

Amy · Married on 11/23/2013

I would first like to say that we booked A Posh Production without reading all of these amazing reviews! We booked with them because Matt made it so easy and he was all about making our wedding what we wanted! We couldn't have made a better decision! We used him for Lighting, DJ, White Dancefloor and GoBo(lighted monogram)We had a great time planning with Matt the entire way! He would check in on us to make sure we stayed on time, made appointments for final run through and even backed me up when I refused to play typical wedding music! The day of the wedding came and he rocked our dancefloor ALL NIGHT LONG! He was flexible with the random requests which he would approve thru me which I thought was awesome! When the lights came up our dance floor was still packed! I never see that at weddings, there are usually 50 people left at midnight, but I believe it was because of Matt that ours was still going strong! I Highly recommend Matt and A Posh Production for your wedding hands down! They are fabulous and I hope we get to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Where do I even start with Matt?!? From contacting them on day 1 until our wedding, A Posh was AMAZING to work with. Matt promptly responded to our emails and was incredibly flexible to the many changes we through his way. Responsiveness is soooo important, especially when planning for something as big as your wedding... Matt exemplified a true professional in his communication skills throughout the entire process. We pretty much knew we were going to recommend him to our friends even before the wedding. Then he showed up on the day and exceeded our expectations!

During the formalities, he carefully followed all of the details we had reviewed with him about a month before. Between emceeing the formal parts of the night in addition to playing the appropriate music, everything was flawless from start to finish.

After the formalities and dinner THE REAL PARTY STARTED!!! He had our guests rocking for 3+ hours of non stop, seamlessly mixed, dancing music. His ability to read the crowd is amazing and he really knows how to get everyone from young to old dancing all night. I never felt like leaving the dancefloor because I was so anxious to hear what he was going to play next. It felt like the next song was better than the previous with every mix he did...

I could go on and on about everything that was amazing, but the bottom line is, if you're in the market for a wedding DJ, I would not look further than Matt & A Posh Productions!!!

Sent on 12/14/2013

Deanna · Married on 10/18/2013

Amazing!! A Posh Production are true professionals and we are very fortunate to have found them.

While researching various DJ companies, we were unsatisfied with every company we looked at until A Posh Production. A friend referred us to her DJ, Matt. Having had no appointment, we stopped at their office and met with Matt. He spent quite a bit of time with us telling us about the company and what/how they do things differently here. Although he was unavailable to DJ our wedding himself, he told us he had another DJ, Oliver. Matt called Oliver right then and Oliver before you knew it, Oliver had shown up within 10 minutes to meet with us just like that.

Up until the day of the wedding:

It was very easy to contact either Matt or Oliver with anything before the wedding. They use their website to go over the songs/playlists. You have the option to add to a list what songs you definitely want to get played, and ones that you do not want played. They had many lists to look through to help you decide on a song if you needed a little help. (Father/daughter dance ideas, bouquet toss....)
    It really could not have been any easier to get our favorite songs lined up for the night.

Wedding Day:

Oliver showed up early with plenty of time to set up. One of the main reasons we loved this company was because they pretty much run the night for us. We handed them a rough timeline of when certain events were supposed to happen and Oliver went to the photographer and videographer and made sure they were ready for it. Oliver went above and beyond, offering us gum and mints after dinner and making sure we were ready for the next "event" of the evening.

Oliver adapted really well to the crowd and kept our guests happy and dancing all night!

Thank you Oliver! You made our night very special. The words you said to us before we had our last dance meant a lot to us!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Jen · Married on 10/12/2013

WOW! WOW! WOW! We used A Posh Production for our DJ, lighting and Photo Booth and we could have not been happier!! Matt helped us through all the planning details that helped turn our reception venue (a tent) into something magical!! The lights and sounds at our wedding took it to a whole new level, they had the dance floor packed all night!! A Posh Production created a custom logo for our photo booth pictures!! It was awesome! This is the best and most professional companies that we spoke with and we were blown away by the service that Matt showed us. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants their reception to be one for the record books!! :)

Sent on 11/10/2013

Mattia · Married on 10/05/2013

We used a Posh Production for our DJ as well as a photo booth for our October 5 wedding. We initially were in touch with Matt Windsor, who was super helpful and was always available to answer questions. Dave was the DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job. He was super flexible with every request we made. He was organized and took care of every announcement throughout the evening. He did a great job selecting music to fit our guests and read the crowd perfectly. There was a little glitch at one point for about 5 minutes where the music we had requested wasn't working well with our guests and Dave approached us and asked us how we felt about changing up the vibe to bring people back to the dance floor. After that, the dance floor was filled the rest of the night. We were so glad that Dave was charismatic enough to do the introductions and announcements, yet was not an in-your-face DJ. We were so pleased!

We also rented a photo booth from a Posh Production and it was the hit of the night!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Chelsea · Married on 09/28/2013

Our wedding was PERFECT thanks to everyone at A Posh Production! We had DJ Oliver Vasilopoulos, and he was sooo attentive to not only my husband and I, but to our guests as well. He made everything as comfortable as possible, and so EASY! :) He had told me when I first spoke with him over the phone that he didn't want anything from my husband and I other than to sit back, enjoy, and have a great time at our wedding. I just knew I could trust him right then and there! All of our songs we had requested throughout the ceremony and reception were played and timed perfectly! He even went around and made conversation with several of the guests throughout dinner, asking them if they needed anything at all and to let him know if they have any song requests! The lighting was BEAUTIFUL, our GOBO was PERFECT and EXACTLY what we wanted, and the dance floor was NEVER empty! I CANNOT say enough great things about A Posh Production! And DJ Oliver, you were amazing! Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Katie · Married on 09/20/2013

Everything was amazing from start to finish! Matt was amazing, he was very helpful and did everything we asked. Everyone at the wedding had a blast and kept going on about how awesome our DJ was. If you are looking for a great time to celebrate and have fun with your family and friends I would def go with A Posh Production.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Valerie · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Matt and A Posh Production! We were so pleased with how easy it was to plan our wedding day and music by using the online planning forms and music playlist. Matt was so quick to respond to any questions we had and was so easy to work with.

The day of our wedding was so great and the way that the lights lit up the reception was perfect and really made our wedding vision a reality. Everyone commented on how nice the lights looked and really made the whole look of the reception come together.

Matt was an awesome DJ and there was never a moment that I looked at the dance floor and found it empty. He kept the reception flowing smoothly and the music selections were so great and everyone had an amazing time dancing the night away! I would definitely recommend Matt and A Posh Production to everyone!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Mike · Married on 08/31/2013

I usually never write reviews for anything, but my wife and I were so impressed with Matt's professionalism, responsiveness and overall quality of work and service that I had to provide some positive feedback. I highly recommend a posh production to everyone. We only used their lighting service but my best friend also hired Matt as his wedding dj this weekend. If I could give out 10 stars I would!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Maria · Married on 08/31/2013

Matt was incredibly easy to work with. He was my only vendor who always replied to my emails and calls right away. He was eager to make our wedding perfect and worked with us to maximize the impact of our lighting within our budget. He was always professional and reasonable and never tried to "up-sell" us beyond our budget. He delivered everything according to plan - one of the few vendors who did not disappoint me in any way. We used him for lighting and draping but he also DJ'ed for our friends' wedding the month after ours. My husband was the best man in that wedding and Matt worked with him to help set up the slideshow that went along with his speech. He was happy to help and made us feel like we were more acquaintances/friends than just customers. I hope the opportunity arises to work with him again in the future. By the way this is my first review, ever - I never take the time to write these so the fact that I did should speak to how great it was working with A Posh Production!

Sent on 10/18/2013

julie · Married on 08/24/2013

Matt at A Posh Production was awesome to work with, and really eased any concerns I had about the lighting design for our venue. From the beginning he was so responsive and answered all of my questions via phone and email, and was very kind through it all. At our walk-through at the venue, he had one of his staff come out and talk us through everything which helped us envision exactly what it was going to look like. We rented their chinese lanterns and italian string lights- which were beautiful. These cafe lights were expensive, but actually Posh's prices were the best I found out of all lighting companies. We also had a video slideshow during the reception, and we were able to use their projector and truss to project the video onto the screen seamlessly. They took care of every technical detail of that so that I didn't have to, and that was such a relief. THANK YOU SO MUCH, MATT!! It is amazing what some lighting can do to transform the entire venue, and my wedding was absolutely beautiful because of your artistic supervision! :)

Sent on 09/09/2013

Matt was our DJ for our wedding on August 10, 2013 at the Belvedere in Elk Grove Village. My husband and I were 1,000% satisfied with Matt and his entire company. Throughout our entire wedding planning process Matt was professional, extremely helpful, detailed, flexible and very very knowledgeable about everything. Matt went out of his way several times to meet with us and answer/clarify questions we had. He called us the Monday of the week of our wedding to go over EVERYTHING. Matt went over each detail of our day to be sure it would be perfect. We are beyond pleased with Matt and A Posh Production and would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend them for any event. Thanks to Matt, our wedding was everything we dreamed of!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Maryann · Married on 07/27/2013

Wow. That was all I could think when I walked into my reception room. I don't think you could peel that smile off my face if you tried because the room was completely transformed, and much of it was thanks to A Posh Production and Matt's help. Their uplighting, white dance floor, intelligent lighting, and photo booth made my wedding night absolutely stunning. Matt- thank you SO much. You truly were accommodating- he met me at my reception location so I could figure out what uplighting I wanted, and when we ran into a problem with the white dance floor not being permitted at my location, he worked quickly to find someone who would provide me one we could use. And I cannot say enough about the photo booth. So many people commented on how much fun it was, how much space there was in it, and how cool it was to keep one of the photo strips and put one in a guest book for us. Those pictures are priceless. I am so glad I came to your company and definitely would recommend A Posh to anyone going through the wedding planning process. Matt was awesome, and so were the services we had. Thank you for making my wedding night simply amazing.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Erin · Married on 07/06/2013

Oliver was our DJ at our wedding, and he was awesome. He played the type of music we discussed and we had a blast. My husband and I are classic rocks fans and with Oliver's play list we had everyone on the dance floor until they kicked us out.

Sent on 11/25/2014
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/06/2013

After speaking with Matt from A Posh Production, I knew this was the company I wanted to work with for my wedding. Not only was he extremely prompt in returning my messages, but he continued to stay in touch with me during the process of planning and was always available to answer my questions. The quotes I received from A Posh Production were very reasonable as well - some of the best in the city and suburbs!
    I explained my ideas to him and was so happy to see the end result. The Chinese lanterns looked beautiful hanging above our dance floor - I couldn't have been happier :)

Sent on 07/26/2013
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 06/29/2013

I absolutely cannot say enough about Matt Windsor and A Posh Production. My wedding was 6/29/2013. Matt was my DJ, my lighting, and he provided a photo booth (with the help of Julia). Everything was *completely* perfect. Every song we requested, every song we hoped to hear, songs we didn't even know we wanted to hear- he played. The dance floor was NEVER empty. It was packed the entire night- which, in my opinion, is the mark of a successful wedding. Matt was accommodating of every request I had, even though I was disorganized and a mess the week before. Photo booth pictures are PRICELESS. Lighting was the perfect. I genuinely couldn't even put into words how great this service was. Arguable, one of the best parts of my wedding, hands down. Thank you, Matt, for being wonderful. I will have nothing but 100% positive things to say about you in the future.

-Gina

Sent on 07/12/2013
  • Leticia

Leticia · Married on 06/22/2013

Matt with A Posh Production was by far one of our best vendors for our wedding!!! Matt was so professional, helpful and very flexible. We couldn't be happier with the level of service we received from him throughout our wedding process. He even went above and beyond by going with us to view our venue even after we knew he was familiar with it, this made us appreciate him even more. He provided us with recommendations and later booked the photobooth and drapery with him. When we walked into our venue the day of our wedding we were flourished with excitement with how everything looked! We would definitely recommend Matt and A Posh Productions to all our family and friends because they did such a marvelous job. We really appreciate the responsiveness and attention that Matt provided us throughout our wedding because he made it so much easier for us and the best part was that he made us feel that our wedding was important to him as well. A few days before our wedding, I emailed Matt asking for a few last minute rental items that I thought maybe he could refer me to someone BUT he came through for us and found someone who would be able to provide us with what we needed... Matt was extremely helpful! Thanks Matt for being such an awesome guy! We hope to use you in the future for any other parties we have.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Julia · event on: 06/09/2013

Everything was perfect, thank you very much A Posh Production and Matt.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Gina · Married on 06/01/2013

Matt at A Posh Production was wonderful to work with! He helped make the wedding planning process stress-free from beginning to end and really paid attention to how our guests responded to the music he played. He kept our guests dancing all night long! He also communicated effectively with our photographer and venue manager to ensure that the whole night ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend Matt and A Posh Production!

Sent on 07/08/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Matt from A Posh Production. Not only was he professional and unbelievably easy to work with but he rocked our wedding. He really was our go to person the day of the wedding. He coordinated all family members, bridal party, caterers, venue managers, photographers, etc. while playing the best music. Our music was UNBELIEVABLE. We never had a dull dance floor. Even at the last song of the night everyone was on their feet. We even had to extend our shuttle service since so many people stayed to the end of our wedding. This never happens and we contribute this to Matt. He made our venue absolutely stunning with his uplighting. We had the wedding of our dreams and Matt is a HUGE reason why it was perfect. I 150% recommend Matt to any bride - I promise you will have the party of the year!

Sent on 05/29/2013

A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth's reply:

Thank you very much for the awesome review! Words cannot explain how amazing your wedding was and how great your guests were! We hope to see you both again at your friends weddings!

Nick · Married on 05/25/2013

Matt was very professional, courteous, and on the ball every step of the way. Out of all of the vendors we worked with to help prepare for our wedding, A Posh Production was without a doubt the best.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Suriya · Married on 05/11/2013

Our wedding was on 5/11/2013. Matt and his team at Posh Productions stepped up to the plate to take care of all our audio/visual/lighting needs plus photo booth rental. We rented the 2 42" LCD screens, up lights, photo booth, intelligent lighting, and gobo lights. Everything turned out fantastic, Matt even went ahead and upgraded us from single color up lights to multi-color lights that pulsed with the beats to the music which really gave the reception a party/dancing atmosphere. Months leading up to the wedding Matt's professionalism through quality of service, responsiveness, and attention to detail was absolutely amazing. He would respond to all my questions/concerns within 1-2 hours of my e-mail and no matter what the concern was he was able to get it done. There is a reason his company has so many 5/5 stars in all of their reviews. I would highly recommended Matt and Posh Productions, pick them for your wedding needs and you'll throw all the stress out the window. If you see this, thanks again Matt!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Rahul · Married on 04/27/2013

We used A Posh Production for our reception for Italian string lights in our venue along with the photobooth. The lighting turned out spectacular, and was special to us as well, as this type of string lighting is very popular in weddings in India. The photobooth was tons of fun--people loved it, went in multiple times, props were provided, and we were able to access all of the photos online shortly after the wedding, and received a CD with all of the photos on it as well. Matt from A Posh Production and his crew were great to work with, and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable photobooth and excellent string lighting.

Sent on 05/12/2013

A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth's reply:

Thanks so much Sophia and Rahul! We loved setting up for your wedding. The lights looked amazing at your reception! Let us know if you need anything from us in the future.
  • User3208517 · event on: 04/13/2013

Matt and Oliver were wonderful to work with ahead of the event. Oliver did the DJ-ing and for 4 straight hours people were dancing their hearts out! Having us choose the actual music ahead of the party was an excellent way to ensure we got the type of music we love and then Oliver ran with it! Thanks Matt and Oliver!

Sent on 04/20/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/06/2013

Matt was incredibly easy to work with...he spent time with me going over our program and the musical selections. He paid attention to our likes and dislikes during our pre-reception meeting--he was very flexible as we made a few last minute changes. Our guests had an awesome time...they are still talking about the fun they experienced at the reception three weeks later..they were quite impressed with the music! Thanks so much Matt!

Sent on 05/02/2013

A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth's reply:

Thanks Wendy! We are so glad your guests enjoyed the wedding and music. We had a great time working with you as well!