A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth Reviews

168 | Lombard, IL

168 Reviews for A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth

Matt Windsor is amazing. My husband and I got married this weekend, and Matt was our DJ. The night was absolutely perfect. From the very beginning the planning process for day was easy and convenient. Matt took every idea I had, and made them all happen. There was not a single moment when the dance floor was not packed. The whole day after my wedding I got multiple calls and texts saying how great the DJ was, how awesome the mix of music was, and how all of their legs hurt from dancing all night! The uplighting was beautiful, and transformed the space. I can not thank Matt enough for making the night perfect. If you are looking for a class act DJ, A Posh Productions is without a doubt the way to go.

-- Becky Huggins

Sent on 01/04/2015
  • User4620639 · 2+ years ago

A Posh Productions were incredibly professional, easy to work with - and they delivered a fantastic result. We made the decision to include uplighting for our wedding late in the game, and it was one of the best decisions we made. It completely transformed our venue - the caterer and venue manager both agreed that it was one the best looking weddings in that venue all season - in large part due to the uplighting. It has now been over a month, and we are still getting compliments about the lighting!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Great communication during preparation for our wedding. The lighting was even better then what we expected. Our dj Dave was extremely professional and did a great job on introductions and keeping the dance floor moving.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Charles · Married on 09/27/2014

We tried to do our wedding on the cheap and decided to spend the most money on a DJ because we decided music and dancing was most important. The reviews for a posh production were great so we decided to book with Dave, and we were extremely satisfied. Dave was super responsive and easy to work with. He showed up ready to rock and roll and ready to help with anything else we might need. During cocktail hour/dinner he did a great job of keeping the vibe light and fun.

When we talked prior to the day of the wedding, I gave Dave a list of things I wanted to do (certain dances, etc.) and songs I wanted played. When the night actually began I realized right away the things I thought I wanted were not fitting the vibe of the night. People were there to dance and rage, not to listen to the songs my friends and I liked in high school. Dave caught the vibe exactly right and threw my list out the window as necessary and I didnt even have to discuss it with him. At one point, the entire dance floor CLEARED when Dave started playing one of my must-haves. He immediately switched it up to a crowd pleaser and they all turned around and started walking back. I've never seen anything like it! There is a reason you pay for a professional and Dave was the perfect example of this. People were dancing the entire time and everyone had a great time. We've already had people asking us for his info. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Kristin · Married on 09/13/2014

I chose Matt at a Post Production off a review on The Knot- truly hope you do the same. Some of my vendors I've known for years and chose them because I've worked with them before, etc. Matt made it so I had NOTHING to worry about with him and ended up being my favorite vendor. Prices were INCREDIBLY reasonable, plus he was super responsive, easy to work with, and didn't try to sell us something at every juncture, but gave his opinion on what we truly needed and what we didn't (in terms of lighting). The venue decor was GORGEOUS, looked like it was out of a magazine, and he even pulled off a day of audible where we split the event into two rooms due to weather- without complaint or upcharge! The photobooth pics were awesome, and he let us use our custom logo on the prints. He read the crowd in terms of music and played the right songs at the right time. Truly, you're making a bad decision if you choose to go with someone besides Matt, he's without question the best, and stress free.

Sent on 09/17/2014

bailey · Married on 09/13/2014

I had the BEST experience with A Posh Production. Not only were they responsive and organized, but they were so easy to work with and provided incredible music and lighting for my outdoor wedding.

Matt and Dave couldn't have been better. They really listened to my husband and I when it came to song ideas and vibe we wanted for the wedding. We had an idea to bring in a live Drummer to play along with Dave towards the end of the night. They found him and it was A HIT!! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was dancing - we couldn't have been happier.

Highly recommend their services, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Did a great job! People were complimenting the dj all night and days after!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/12/2014

We used A Posh Production for the up lighting at our wedding 9-12-14. Their prices are way more reasonable than some of the other vendors offering the same service. Matt was great to work with. He was professional and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. We also went to their office to look at some of the lighting because we weren't sure which color purple we wanted to go with. When we walked in to our reception, the up lighting gave the room that extra spark that it needed to make it look stunning.
    Thanks for helping us make our special day so memorable!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2014

Matt from Posh Productions was such a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, and super nice. He answered all of our questions in a timely fashion. He also got us. He read the crowd perfectly and had our dance floor packed the entire night.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Scott · Married on 08/22/2014

We were referred by a family friend for great quality, great people. Posh did not disappoint. Matt Windsor, owner, clearly from the beginning was focused on creating the best experience possible for us. He gave us different options with event rentals and photobooths that we were able to cater to. He also was very calm and helped make a stressful time much easier for us. He kept in contact to ensure everything went by smoothly. Additionally, we have friends and family who took home pictures and really treasured the ability to have fun with the photobooth. We have seen their photos displayed in their homes which is just fulfilling to see. Thank you Matt. Mr. David Florczak, our DJ, was even better than we expected. On our first meeting with him, he showed his true professionalism by speaking about how he thought the best weddings were done and gave his vision of what he thought was good. The end result was a coordinated effort amongst us and David to produce an amazing party that integrated music for all people to dance to, our favorites and our requests, and kept people dancing heavy until our venue asked us if we could end the party. :) Additionally David was very professional with his introductions, was an MC that had the presence to bring structure yet stayed in the background and kept the attention on the appropriate people at the time, including us. This was very welcome as some DJs have sometimes fallen in love with themselves that we've seen and it was nice to not deal with that. I couldn't recommend Posh Production more highly.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Being a DJ on the Chicagoland wedding industry myself I knew how crucial it was to have a great DJ which can make or break a wedding. My wife and I chose Matt with A Posh Production because they offer professional services and great response time to questions, ideas, and are flexible on changes. We had our reception completely outside at Citizens Park in Barrington and I had a vision of what I wanted the lighting to be beyond what most other companies could provide. We had 28 wireless up lights up lighting the trees and even had the trees put on multiple light shows throughout the night! Not only did we have those up lights but also 20 more lights in and around the pavilion which was our main feature of the night. Matt not only brought the lighting but also the sound and talent of his DJ/MC skills! When it came time to do our toasts in the tent (75 feet away) Matt provided a wireless microphone and speaker setup which put me at ease for a tripping hazard to our guests. After dinner my wife and I shared our first dance which was a choreographed dance... Matt not only played the copy I edited but also made the intelligent lights change with every song change! After the first dances Matt filled the dance floor from that point on with songs of all genres and ages. Being that I wasn't able to DJ my own wedding I had to hire someone I knew would take care of timing, smoothness of the night, and keep the dance floor full! Lastly, we also had TagPrints at our wedding too, WOW DID OUR GUESTS LOVE THIS! If you are even considering a photo booth, ask Matt about TagPrints! Thanks Matt for making our day so special, you are a true professional and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jill · Married on 08/02/2014

While we originally overlooked A Posh Production, as we were trying to keep our DJ costs down, we quickly found out that "you get what you pay for." After a disappointing situation with another DJ company, we reached out to Matt Windsor on a personal referral and are so happy we made the switch to A Posh Production for our wedding reception DJ and lighting. Matt and his team were so welcoming and assured us that our celebration would be a night to remember. It was perfect! The online planning resources were easy to navigate at our convenience, while the personal guidance and recommendations by our DJ were especially relevant in the weeks leading up to our wedding day. Our DJ, Dave, really made sure our needs were met and kept the dance floor packed all night long. He seamlessly facilitated the accompanying music to my sister's Maid of Honor "rap" and multiple guests commented that they loved how our DJ wasn't cheesy and kept the party going with great music selections. The blue uplighting was beautiful and set a stunning backdrop for all of the photos at our reception. We are thrilled we decided to go with A Posh Production and will recommend their services to anyone getting married in the Chicagoland area!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Kristin · Married on 08/02/2014

We went with Posh Productions for our wedding DJ and string lighting at our reception (at the Botanic Gardens). We could not have been happier with our decision. Posh was the first DJ company we met with for our wedding this past August 2014. The pricing was similar to other companies we talked with in the Chicago area, however, they didn't rush us in our initial meeting and took the time to get to know us as a couple.

Oliver was our DJ at the wedding and I honestly can't say enough good things about him! He called me before the wedding to go through all the details one more time and during the reception he not only nailed the music but did a great job at being an MC and keeping to our timeline. We had SO many guests come up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how awesome our DJ was.

We also had string lighting from Posh. We worked out all the pricing with Matt and he gave us a deal to have both the lighting and DJ services. They were on top of everything and I never had to worry about reaching out to them. Without them our wedding would not have been so smooth! I have nothing bad to say about them and would highly recommend them to anyone in the Chicago area!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Chet · Married on 07/26/2014

Matt Windsor did an amazing job! We had never been to a wedding where the dance floor was consistently jam packed like it was for ours. That was all thanks to Matt. Not only was he a fantastic DJ, but he played the role of wedding coordinator the whole night. Something he did not have to do. Would recommend A Posh Production, especially Matt, to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Courtney · Married on 07/26/2014

Sent on 07/31/2014

Crystal · Married on 07/12/2014

The white dance floor was simply perfect at our wedding. Quick responses and great service. Thanks Posh Production!

Sent on 08/06/2014

ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about A Posh Production! Our DJ, Matt, was amazing! He kept people on the dance floor the entire night, myself and husband included! Our guests kept commenting that they never saw a bride dance so much :) Matt was awesome to work with - very friendly, responsive, helpful, and professional. In addition to the music, Matt provided us with lights, a white dance floor, and a gobo. These enhancements really transformed the room! I would definitely recommend A Posh Production for your next event - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • User4199007 · 2+ years ago

Loved working with A Posh Productions. Very responsive, professional and helpful leading up to the wedding. At the event, he was great with getting guests to sit down and the bridal party lined up. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had a blast!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Martina · Married on 06/07/2014

We found a Posh Production by chance and are so thankful that we did. Matt was a perfect DJ and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night, from my 3 year old cousin to my 90 year old grandmother. We have had countless people coming up to us to compliment us (aka Matt) on the music. If there were more than 5 stars, I would give them!!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Marco · Married on 06/07/2014

Matt and Posh productions are true professionals. Seldom do you experience a wedding in which every age group and background is having a great time dancing for the entire reception to every song played.

We made the absolute right choice. Thanks so much!

Sent on 06/13/2014
  • Liza

Liza · Married on 05/10/2014

A Posh Production was attentive, professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful from the beginning of the wedding planning process to the end of the wedding reception!!! Matt Windsor was our DJ and successfully orchestrated the events of the reception and during the dancing got everyone, young and old, out on the dance floor the whole time! I highly recommend this company for any type of event.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Andrew · Married on 05/03/2014

As many of you reading this review can relate, the past year has been a whirlwind of wedding planing. And thanks in a big part to Posh Productions, my now-husband (Justin) and I will always remember a perfect 5/3/14 celebration.

We actually happened-upon Posh Productions via a simple Google Search. Not sure where to begin, we made a bunch of cold-calls and were eventually introduced to Matt Windsor's Team at Posh Productions. And little did we know what a fantastic find that would be! They were nothing but helpful, welcoming, and enthusiastic about being part of our day. This was a huge relief…as we didn't know what type of reaction to expect from various companies about celebrating a same-sex marriage. Especially during this critical, evolving political time in Illinois.

Our event had some interesting/unique aspects to it, to say the least. Matt was open to every idea, and brought pro-active suggestions throughout the entire process to ensure that the day was a success. The investment was worth every dollar as Matt also assumed the role of main contact between all of our vendors, both leading up-to and during the actual event. This service helped us immensely. We told Matt our vision, and he brought it to life without forcing us to get too "in the weeds" with the other players.

Justin and I would absolutely recommend Posh Productions for any event. Especially if you're a same-sex couple looking for an accepting, over-achieving, perfection-oriented partner in planning your wedding.

Thank you Posh Productions.

Sent on 05/20/2014
  • User4111913 · event on: 05/02/2014

It is a great sign that a DJ can keep people dancing on the dance floor. Our event was 3 hours long and people were dancing for 2 hours straight. It is also a good sign that at the end of the night, you still have a crowd on the dance floor. I was very impressed with A Posh Production's attention to detail, follow up and service. An example of the level of detail was asking about what attire is appropriate for the event. Since our's was a new event for our company and we needed to set the right tone, this was greatly appreciated. I highly recommend A Posh Production for your event. You will find Matt is a gem to work with. He follows through when he says he will and his staff are service oriented. I have over 15 years in event planning and know when I have found a great vendor. I would work with A Posh Production again.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/12/2014

The guys at A Posh Production were absolutely fantastic to work with. They are fun, professional, and truly are experts at what they do. We would recommend A Posh Production to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Chris · Married on 02/07/2014

We hired A Posh Production for DJ services at our wedding. We could not have been happier with the DJ service. Matt was very professional, organized, and great to work with. He went above and beyond what we expected in a DJ service. He had great recommendations for songs with certain activities throughout the wedding. Everyone that attended the wedding had a great time dancing all night to Matt's DJ service!

Sent on 07/15/2014