A Personal Touch DJ Services and Event Lighting Reviews

258 | Milwaukee, WI

258 Reviews for A Personal Touch DJ Services and Event Lighting

Matt · Married on 06/17/2017

What an amazing DJ service! Our DJ, Matt, went above and beyond to make sure that we had an unforgettable wedding day. He was a professional and extremely engaging with us and our guests. The music he played and the way in which he interacted with our family and friends throughout the evening was so impressive that we consistently had guests telling us that he was the best DJ they had ever experienced at the weddings they attended. A Personal Touch DJs was definitely one of the biggest highlights that we will remember from our wedding day.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Doug · Married on 06/03/2017

The company was amazing. They were referred by our event coordinator and we are really glad we took her advice. We felt the value was great, the service was amazing, and Jeff did a great job during the reception.

Definitely recommend using these guys!!!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

We can't say enough good things about A Personal Touch DJ. Throughout the planning process we worked with Matt and Joe who are wonderful business owners, incredibly responsive and very helpful in answering questions and offering advice. They offer amazing uplighting, and although they won't pressure you to purchase it... I WILL!! The computerized lights are so great and make the evening come to life. About a week before the wedding we were assigned Eric as our DJ and he was AWESOME. He took the time to call us before the wedding, confirm our time line and make sure he was aware of all our special requests. Day of the wedding he was always checking in with us, making sure we were happy and asking if we wanted anything special played or order of events revised. He kept the party going throughout the night and his approachability is spot on! We met another couple from Wisconsin on our honeymoon who was singing the same praises about their DJ with A Personal Touch on the same wedding day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Chris · Married on 05/27/2017

A Personal Touch DJ helped make the most special day of our lives the most fun day of our lives! Starting from the planning, everything was very professional, organized, easy, and Matt was a pleasure to work with. Before the wedding they made sure we were on the same page and were always quick to help and respond to any questions or requests we had.

The wedding day everything went on without a hitch from the introduction and grand march, all the way through to the last song. Walking in right away we noticed how great the room looked with the up-lighting placed around the perimeter. The wireless mic was great for the speeches, everyone was able to hear. Matt even helped us out by playing our slideshow with music. After dinner, Matt kept the dance floor PACKED the entire night! He was constantly checking in on us, making sure we had everything we needed, the music is what we wanted, if we had requests, etc. He was great!

Matt did a perfect job keeping the ball rolling on the established timeline, played awesome music, kept in touch with us throughout the night, was incredibly accommodating, and just awesome. For weeks after the wedding we have been getting compliments about how awesome the DJ was!

I'd highly suggest this DJ service and would not hesitate to use them again for any occasion we'd need a DJ for.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2017

A Personal Touch was everything we wanted in a wedding DJ and more! They were personable and helpful, and had tons of great ideas and suggestions to share from their extensive experience in DJ-ing for weddings in the Milwaukee area, which was really helpful during the planning process. They were also EXTREMELY responsive to phone calls and emails, which was much appreciated with how many questions brides and grooms usually have! They had every song we could think of, and were very easy to work with - they also collaborated really well with our wedding coordinator and other vendors to ensure the reception moved along according to our schedule, allowing us to sit back and enjoy our day! But most of all, we had Alex as our DJ, and he not only executed our customized introductions, grand marches and other things, but he had the entire dance floor filled until the very last song! Great people, great energy, great experience. Thank you A Personal Touch!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Ellen · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot recommend A Personal Touch DJs enough!! Jeff (aka DJ Bogart) was our DJ for our May 6 wedding at Milford Hills, and he did just a fantastic job from start to finish. We spoke with both Matt and Joe when we booked APT -- they are very fun to work with. They communicated quickly and professionally, and worked to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. They gave us a lot of flexibility for all details, and allowed us to request songs that were not in their library so that we could play everything we wanted! The day of the wedding, Jeff checked in with us regularly so that we were always on the same page. He provided music through pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, all the way to the end of dancing at midnight. He also facilitated microphones for our ceremony officiant and for toasts. We received many compliments from our guests on how smoothly this all went, and our guests had an amazing time dancing all the way to the end of the night. We are so happy that we got to work with Jeff, Matt, and Joe -- thank you for helping to make it a perfect day!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Amber · Married on 04/29/2017

A Personal Touch and DJ Matt Collins did a fabulous job for our wedding this past April. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. They kept the dance floor packed the entire night and until the very end. Many of our guests came up to us afterward and told us how fun DJ Matt Collins was and how much fun they thought the music and dance floor was. We picked as many songs for our playlist as we wanted and left a lot to be improvised by Matt and he did a great job. Everybody from age 13 to 80 enjoyed the music which is hard to do. I got a lot of compliments about the music and the playlist from guests. He also was great at doing all music requests from our guests!
    Matt also worked flawlessly with our venue's wedding coordinator and our photographer to make the day and night stress-free for me and my husband. DJ Matt was super fun and spontaneous and came up with several fun games for us and our guests at our reception--after first asking for our approval.
    When any friend or family asks us for DJ recommendations it will be for A Personal Touch hands down!
    We also did their uplighting and photobooth. The lighting really helped to set the mood and helped make the room look stunning. The photobooth was a huge hit with our guests. Our guests had so much fun with it! And we love looking at the memory book APT gave us from the night with a copy of every picture inside and messages from our guests.
    The most incredible part of all is the fact that Matt Collins, without hesitation, helped my father who is handicapped to the bathroom without even being asked. I was just amazed when I heard this. He's a great DJ and a super nice person!
    We are so glad we chose A Personal Touch! Thank you DJ Matt Collins!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Jeremy · Married on 04/22/2017

Awesome from start to finish. Made wedding day very easy. Highly recommend. DJ Jeff is the best!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Taylor · Married on 04/15/2017

One of the best decisions that we made for our wedding was to have A Personal Touch DJ Services be our DJ. We were lucky enough to have Matt as our DJ, and he was professional, enthusiastic, and was able to connect with the crowd. Our dance floor was packed throughout the night with guests of all ages. My grandfather was a DJ for a number of years and had always wanted to DJ my wedding. Unfortunately he retired before I got married, but Matt made it possible for him to be a part of my big day. He let my grandfather take control of a song, the YMCA, and perform for the crowd! That shows true professionalism and I will always be grateful to Matt for allowing my grandfather to have a part in my day!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Brittany · Married on 04/07/2017

We loved this DJ so much! From the very start their communication was great with me. They also were always very helpful with even the smallest questions I had. The day of our wedding everything was perfect and Joe was SOOO great! Everyone commented how awesome of a DJ he was! Thank you guys.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Ashley · Married on 01/28/2017

This was one of the EASIEST choices when planning our weeding. I have been apart of three weddings where Matt and his team were the DJ and each wedding was perfect in my eyes. With that being said you can see why this was one of the easiest choices I had to make. Matt and his team go above and beyond to make sure your day is everything you want it to be. Leading up to the wedding they were super easy to get in touch with and made sure everything was ready to go for the big day. The day of the wedding they once again shined. They made sure to check in with Aaron and I as the night was moving along, not that they needed to, but it was nice to know they cared. I highly suggest using this company for your Big Day! They will make sure to keep everyone on the dance floor and most importantly the Bride & Groom happy!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Carly · Married on 01/21/2017

We worked with Matt Collins for our wedding this winter and cannot put into words how wonderful he was. He was extremely helpful and professional throughout the planning process and exceeded our high expectations for the day of. He touched base with us often, played all our favorite songs and even helped my Grandma get dinner!! It doesn't get much better than A Personal Touch Dj Services. We have already recommended their services to not only my sister and her fiance but other close friends as well and will continue to do so in the future.

Sent on 01/30/2017

rob · Married on 01/21/2017

Father of the bride - The best for all reasons above. Superior person with integrity!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Katie · Married on 01/15/2017

I love every vendor I worked with for our wedding, but these guys were especially fun! From planning to the big day, everything was SO easy & seamless, I never followed up, they were always proactively contacting me with anything that needed to be done. Their website was super easy to use to request songs and fill out information, and the night went flawlessly, people DID NOT want to leave at the end of the night! Highly recommend them & their photo booth option was also so fun, Rebecca was great to work with as well, I never worried about a THING.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Shawnya · Married on 12/31/2016

Personal Touch DJ was amazing!! During your big day, there are so many things that can go wrong and having a DJ that you can trust with your music makes the stress level go down, and this DJ did that for us. The music selection was great and every one of our guests expressed how much fun they had, and this was all due to the dance!!! Thank you Matt at Personal Touch!!! The Nelsons :)

Sent on 01/03/2017

Steve · Married on 12/17/2016

Joe was the man! My new bride was never off the dance floor and couldn't walk for a good three days after due to her calves being used up boogeyin' down so much. Very fun and professional company and DJ. Joe played every song that we requested through their website and made sure the whole night was personal.

Sent on 12/29/2016

PAUL · Married on 11/12/2016

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND EASY TO WORK WITH ON EVERYTHING. GREAT VALUE AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO NEEDED THIS SERVICE. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MATT AND JOE.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Mandy · Married on 11/04/2016

We cannot say enough good things about A Personal Touch, they are more than just the DJ for your wedding! Matt was awesome throughout the entire planning process covering every detail. The website they provide you and the forms you complete for your day ensure everything is covered. Joe was great when we had our planning call right before to recap every detail, they had it all ready to go we were confident everything would go smooth. We did our lighting through them also and the room looked awesome!!! So worth it to add that extra touch!! The day of we had Joe Brandenburg as our DJ and he was great!! He handled our ceremony and everything was executed perfectly!! And then the reception was perfect from speeches, to announcements, to bouquet toss, and of course the music that literally kept the dance floor packed all night long!! These guys definitely know what they are doing and we would highly recommend them! Thank you for helping make our day so special!!!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Meredith · Married on 10/22/2016

Jeff was a wonderful DJ. He did a great job responding to our emails and adjusting certain things to our liking. People were on the floor all night!! Joe and Matt were very accommodating and responsive. We'd definitely book with them again

Sent on 10/27/2016

Adam · Married on 10/15/2016

These guys were amazing to work with. Everything they did exceeded our expectations. From the start, they were very easy to communicate with and organized, making the planning a breeze.

James was our DJ on the night of our reception. He did a FANTASTIC job, even going to the extent of ordering drinks for the head table so they wouldn't have to get up during dinner. The whole night was entertaining because of him. My wife and I were very pleased with their services and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Tracy · Married on 10/08/2016

From our initial meeting with Matt through the actual DJ'ing by Joe at our reception, A Personal Touch DJ Services has been phenomenal! They are very easy to work with, incredibly accommodating, and just plain fun! Joe read the crowd perfectly and tailored the music accordingly! My wife and I had a blast, and so did our guests! We keep hearing from our families and friends what a wonderful time they had, and how much fun they had dancing! Thanks Matt and Joe for making our wedding reception one of the best experiences of our lives!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/07/2016

Choosing A Personal Touch DJ Services for our wedding was easily one of the best decisions that we made. Our DJ, Jeff, played everything that we wanted and nothing that we didn't. It was awesome to be able to choose the songs that we wanted for every special moment of our day. We received so many compliments on the music at our wedding. I had one request when it came to the reception music and that was that I wanted the dance floor to be full, and he did not disappoint! We were extremely happy with our experience!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

We met this team at a bridal show and I knew instantly they were going to be the perfect DJ for our wedding. They have been so easy to work with and I can't wait to see the show they are going to put on for us.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

Matt was an amazing DJ!!! He communicated continuously with us throughout the night to make sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it to be! He went above and beyond and so many people complimented us on how great he was! Wouldn't have wanted anyone else there for our day!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Bailey · Married on 09/10/2016

On the big day, Matt was early, professional, and a genuine pleasure to work with. The only complaints we heard was that he played too many good songs which prevented our guests from using the restroom during the reception. The lighting he provided made the dinner and dancing look beautiful, and his website was easy to use when planning. Even when we requested a remix of different songs for our wedding party entrance music, Matt bent over backwards to accommodate and make it work.

I cannot say enough about how great Matt was to work with. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night, was flexible when we had weird requests, and just a genuinely nice person. 10/10 would recommend him to anyone looking to have a fun dance filled celebration!

Thanks Matt!