A Perfect Petal Reviews

72 | Arlington Heights, IL

72 Reviews for A Perfect Petal

Nichole · Married on 11/12/2011

I was referred to A Perfect Petal by a friend of mine for my wedding on 11/12/11. Working with Rebecca was truly a delight. My first meeting with her was great. We brain stormed, she gave me suggestions without making me feel like she was being pushy or not letting my creativity come through. I was very impressed and wanted to work with her after that meeting. However, I decided to meet with another florist to compare with. Well the second florist meeting was awful and I ended up walking out after 10 minutes and gave Rebecca a call and hired her. She did my boutique, my bridesmaids' boutiques, groom and groomsmen boutonnieres, parents and grandparents' flowers, flower girl flowers, a remembrance boutique for my mother, these amazing big flower balls that sat on top of vases, flowers inside of vases, everything accented with candles and our gorgeous chuppah. At our first meeting, I showed Rebecca a picture of a chuppah that I wanted. It was wooden, and had flowing crystals all around it. She showed me a picture of the only chuppah they had. I didn't like it so I was just going to rent it elsewhere. A week later, Rebecca informed me that they were building a wooden chuppah (like my picture) and they could put the crystals that I wanted on it as well. Obviously, I was thrilled. It turned out so beautiful!! That is just one example of how Rebecca goes the extra mile for her clients. Over a week after the wedding, my boutique and honor boutique for my mom looked brand new still!

I will recommend her to any and everybody that is getting married because she did an unbelievable job with my wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Rebecca did a wonderful job with our flowers. I only met with her once for a short time, and she absolutely nailed our vision while beating our other quotes on price. Delivery was on time, and everything arrived well-packaged. I would definitely recommend hiring A Perfect Petal for your event.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 09/18/2010

I loved working with Rebecca! She was so easy going, really wanted to know what we wanted, what our vision was. She was very upfront with cost since our budget was an issue for us. Always gave great suggestions for lowering our costs. She made this whole process so enjoyable. Especially since I know nothing about Flowers.

Sent on 10/09/2010

Allana · Married on 07/31/2009

Working with Rebecca was a dream. She was able to understand not only my vision, but my budget as well while still delivering exactly what I had hoped! Thank you so much for making my wedding beautiful!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Erin · Married on 08/30/2008

Beautiful Flowers (and we had a lot of flowers), fabulous customer service. I will highly recommend this shop to all my friends. Owner was a great person and so easy to work with. She listened to all our likes and dislikes making sure everything was just right for us. Our friends & family was very impressed!

Sent on 11/07/2008

Niki · Married on 08/06/2016

A Perfect Petal was absolutely wonderful! My centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres turned out AMAZING! Rebecca was the first florist I met with out of about 4 or 5, and was by far the best. Rebecca knew exactly what look I was going for and her expertise made me feel comfortable since I knew almost nothing about flowers. Rebecca responded to emails promptly and helped me throughout the entire process. If you are looking for a florist to do a wonderful job, give you exactly what you are hoping for and genuinely cares about you and your wedding then A Perfect Petal is exactly who you should go with! I will absolutely recommend A Perfect Petal to any of my friends getting married in the future.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2017

I am SO glad we booked A Perfect Petal for our wedding early this June. It was so easy working with Rebecca throughout the planning process -- meeting in person, making 'tweaks' to our order leading up to our big day, and choosing the perfect flowers for the bridal party as well as the centerpieces and decor for our ceremony & reception. A Perfect Petal was timely in their drop-off as well as pick-up the day of the wedding. I didn't even have to think about it and they were there. Everything they put together for us really made our vision come to life! The price was also right for all of the services they provided. I would definitely recommend A Perfect Petal to future couples.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Heather · Married on 03/18/2017

Working with Rebecca at A Perfect Petal was wonderful. She was so helpful when it came to picking out the different types of flowers and bringing to live what I had always dreamed of. She made each step of the process so easy, I highly recommend working with A Perfect Petal. We got so many compliments on the flowers at the wedding/reception as well!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Domenique · Married on 05/24/2015

Rebecca is awesome at what she does! I had a vision of what I wanted my flowers to look like for my wedding but I only knew I wanted peonies. She helped me pick other flowers that went beautifully with the peonies. All the flowers turned out amazing the day of wedding and look fabulous in my pictures! And her staff is also very helpful the day of the wedding.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Laura · Married on 05/14/2016

I was referred to APP by a family friend who used Rebecca in the past. And I was not disappointed! Working with Rebecca was a great experience. The 2 meetings we had were brainstorming sessions that led to a total collaboration of what I wanted and what she'd recommend based on past experiences. She pulled up Pintrest and Google to show us individual flowers we were considering using.

My mom and I had a blast planning our centerpieces with Rebecca. I had a birch tree from my childhood home that had recently been cut down and I wanted to incorporate that wood into the centerpieces. Rebecca took my ideas and ran with it. She made the birch look even better than I could have imagined when paired with the flowers her team did. Rebecca also went above and beyond searching out the perfect gold ribbon for the centerpieces and my wedding cake.

I gave her my budget and she was happy to work within it. When I needed to cut a few things, she had no problem with it. I received a detailed invoice and always knew what the deadline for changes was. In the end, the flowers were beautiful and just what I wanted.

One note of advice - Rebecca uses floral foam to keep your flowers looking fresh and full all day. One of my bridesmaids did a jump off a bench during our pictures with her bouquet in hand and lost a few flowers out of it. We stuck them back in best as possible and luckily for us it was toward the end of pictures, but if you have the whole day still ahead of you, it's probably best not to be jumping with the bouquets. :)

Sent on 06/01/2016

Kim · Married on 05/25/2013

I worked with A Perfect Petal for my wedding on 5/25/13. I had a great time working with Dawn. She listened to what I wanted, looked at pictures I brought in, and helped me create my vision within my budget. When I got to see the flowers at the wedding, I was even happier! Everything was beautiful! I would definitely recommend them to others getting married!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jeanne · Married on 04/22/2017

Really loved working with Rebecca and the flowers she put together for us were gorgeous!

Sent on 04/30/2017

3.5

When it came to choosing our wedding flowers I wasnot quite sure what we wanted. However, Amanda at A Perfect Petal made this process very easy. She provided suggestions when needed and was very flexible. Overall our expierence with a perfect petal was fantastic and I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Karen · Married on 11/14/2009

I enjoyed working with Rebecca at A Perfect Petal. After my initial meeting with her, my mom and I really felt that she understood what I wanted for flowers. We were very specific that we wanted green flowers and after the consultation, she seemd as excited about our order as we were. The day of, delivery to my parent's house was early. The bouquets looked great, as did the flower girls' pomanders. My mom mentioned that her wristlet fell apart through the night, but other than that, the flowers were great.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Gina · Married on 09/01/2017

3.5

Rebecca was very helpful on making sure that the florals look beautiful while on a budget! She envisioned the bouquets and the centerpieces exactly how I was envisioning them. Their set up and take down were fast and on time. Their flower deliveries to the hotels were exactly on time.

Sent on 09/22/2017

stephanie · Married on 01/10/2009

She gave me a pretty good price which was important because I had so many people in my bridal party (6 bridesmaids, a flower girl, me, and then 6 groomsmen, a groom, 2 dads, 4 ushers, a ring bearer, 2 moms, and 5 greeters). I wasn't pleased with the fee that I was charged when I made changes, but even with that fee it was still cheaper than I had been quoted elsewhere. I only used her for those flowers. My new aunt-in-law did the rest of the ceremony and the reception, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford anything else. The pomander for the flower girl was gorgeous and my bouquet was beautiful. All of my bridesmaids loved theirs as well. The florist puts them in water and attached stems to that, so they bouquets are very heavy, but they last longer than the ones I've seen at other weddings that don't do it that way. I'd recommend her to anyone trying to stick to a budget.

Sent on 01/19/2009
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 02/13/2010

4.2

The flowers on my day of were beautiful! My (bride's) bouquet was AMAZING! Really such a gorgeous piece! I was very happy with the colors/flowers that we chose for the day. When we sat down with Rebecca, she was very helpful and insightful on which flowers would work best for our cost. I wish my bridesmaid bouquets were a little larger. I didn't feel that they or my alter pieces justified the amount that I paid for them. I also paid for pew cones (totally cute!!!!) that were falling apart by the end of the night. They were a unique piece, and I'm glad we had them, however they didn't last to add to my keepsakes.

Sent on 02/26/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2019

Just amazing

She did my flowers yesterday 10.05.19. I couldn't been happier with the flowers. They all looked fresh and full. She was very easy to work with, every-time i email she was quick to reply

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • F

F · Married on 10/07/2010

3.8
      3.0

My overall experience with A Perfect Petal was good.
    Positives: my flowers arrived on time, were as I imagined and discussed they should look, and were absolutely beautiful. Pricing was fair and in line with other vendors. Rebecca, the owner, was knowledgeable and able to help me come up with a vision for my wedding flowers.

Negatives: I had what I'm sure was a very small order for my wedding flowers. I did feel like I was being somewhat rushed through my appointment and that Rebecca was overly busy and trying to get back to work. I did stop by the shop after the first visit and got the same vibe at these visits as well. Rebecca seemed nice, I just don't like feeling rushed and like someone has better things to do. I'm not sure if it was because I was not spending alot of money on flowers.

Overall, I am satisfied as my main expectations were met: flowers received on time, accurate, and beautiful. I would recommend A Perfect Petal.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2008

3.8
      2.0

I'm a little on-the-fence about a Perfect Petal. They came highly recommended by a friend, and at the start of the planning process the service was fantastic. The store's owner was very responsive, flexible, and was working with us to match every vision I had for our wedding day flowers. However, near the end of the process there were some areas I'd hoped would have been better. When we went to see our bridesmaids' bouquet sample, many of the flowers we'd wanted were either the wrong color sent by the vendor, or were the wrong flower altogether. This resulted in us not being able to get a good vision of how the bouquets would look. On the actual wedding day, my Dad's flower wasn't with the delivery (and by the time we'd realized it they had already left), and the vases we'd ordered were not at the reception site. Altogether, I'm lukewarm about a Perfect Petal.

Sent on 11/05/2008
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2019

2.2

So-So experience

My husband and I hired A Perfect Petal for our wedding florals/décor. Overall we were fairly satisfied, everything was beautiful. But we felt like the cost of everything didn't amount to what we actually got. We felt nickel and dimed for even the smallest adjustments. The owner doesn't check emails like I would expect, so communicating can be hard - thank goodness for my wedding planner! My bouquet consisted of all orchid stems. As I was getting ready an entire stem broke off. - Not a big deal, it was large and not very noticeable. Then, as I was getting ready to walk down the aisle another long stem broke off! This time it was very obvious. Rebecca was still there and was able to fix it quickly, but would have been awful if she had left! Some of our tables were pretty bare looking when you look at what we ended up paying. We had long elevated connecting arrangements on the rectangular tables that were smaller than expected. There was nowhere near enough candles on the guest tables. We were also supposed to have gold pilsner vases in all tall arrangements, instead all of our vases were clear clarinet vases. This wasn't a huge deal, because I think it ended up looking better. I think they are overpriced but do deliver beautiful flowers. Overall, we would recommend them, but no if you have a small budget.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Jen · Married on 02/05/2016

1.5
      1.0

I should have known from the first meeting with A Perfect Petal that I shouldn't have picked this vendor for my wedding. I came in for my scheduled appointment on Dec 16th at 9am. I came in on time for the appointment and the doors were closed. I waited for an hour worried that I had the wrong date, however the owner Rebecca had written the wrong date on her calendar and did not show up for my appointment. My mother and I were able to take that day off just for wedding planning, so after being contacted by she later that day we were able to reschedule the appoint. in the evening. During the first meeting she was nice and very helpful, however all of her pictures were google searches on her computer. None of the examples she showed me were of her own creations (I should have realized at that point that I should have gone with another vendor). On the day of the wedding Rebecca and her assistant were very rude to my husband and parents. For example she blocked the entrances to the hotel, didn't check in with our wedding consultant, interrupted my hairstylist while she was working on me, and came to the church too early. When the flowers came she said that they would all start dying because it was too cold outside (it was a warm 50 degree day in February). The personal flowers did not last, my husband had a calla lily and orchid on is boutiner but by the time I walked down the aisle the orchid had fallen off. My mom's flowers fell off before the end of the ceremony. Also the flower girls, jr bridesmaid, and toss boquet all looked terrible. I will say that the center pieces looked great in pictures, but a lot of my guest said that the flowers were yellowing and the vases had a lot of finger marks on it. Overall I would like to save anyone the hassle and please go with another vendor. Not everything will go "perfect" on your wedding day, but the flowers should at least be beautiful.

Sent on 05/15/2016