A Modern Romance Reviews

A Modern Romance 7
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 06/01/2019

Stress-free Wedding

Thanks to Pattie and Eric at A Modern Romance, I had a stress-free wedding day that was executed flawlessly. I only needed day-of coordination and they still were very informed and dedicated to my wedding. I would recommend them over and over again.

Sent on 06/11/2019
    A Modern Romance 16
    A Modern Romance 17
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 05/18/2019

A Truly Beautiful Wedding Day

Eric at A Modern Romance was wonderful and has such a relaxing way of dealing with the stress of planning a destination wedding. We changed our number of guests, there was rain in the forecast, budget restraints, etc etc etc.... and oh my goodness...it was the MOST BEAUTIFUL WEDDING EVER. And bonus surprises from Eric!!! Our families and friends were so impressed and had a great time. Nothing but rave reviews! Thank you A Modern Romance!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Brittany · Married on 04/06/2019

A fairy tale wedding!

Eric Baker from A Modern Romance was amazing! Having a destination wedding, we wanted someone local who could provide us with assistance day of and also guidance through the planning process. We hired him for day of coordination services at our wedding however he went above and beyond from day one. From making recommendations for vendors, to answering any questions we had about planning and services, and helping to organize a brunch sail for the day after our wedding. His response time was always extremely fast, and as we got closer to the wedding he was in contact with us about every detail of our day. He saved us from hiring a certain DJ down there and made a recommendation for an amazing alternative. 2 days before our wedding we had an issue with our videographer, who bailed on us last minute. As soon as Eric found out about this he stepped into action, finding us someone the day before our ceremony. He was professional, courteous, and kind. You can tell that he loves what he does and has amazing rapport with other vendors in the area. Everyone in our wedding party commented on just how great he was and our wedding was flawless from start to finish! If I had to do my wedding 20 times over, I would book his services every time!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Valerie

Valerie Payton · Married on 03/16/2019

Worth it and more!

Eric was amazing! Worth every single dollar and more! He was so helpful and responsive all the time. He handled all of the vendors and payment. I trusted him with everything! The day of the event I was so calm that people actually asked “are you sure you’re getting married today?” I knew he had our best interest at heart and he was busting butt to make sure it was perfect! His attention to detail is incredible!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    A Modern Romance 18
    A Modern Romance 19
    A Modern Romance 20
  • Alejandra

Alejandra Guardado · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible!!

Eric from a Modern a romance took care of our “day of planning” (although we started working together a month beforehand). He is extremely professional, but yet enthusiastic and extremely personable. He took care of everything we needed and more the day of the wedding. Our close friends and family who got to witness how hands and efficient he was could not stop commenting on what an incredible planner he was. He has an incredible eye for detail and will make sure your event runs smoothly and impresses all your guests. We truly have no complaints for him and his company.

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Experience!

A Modern Romance made our wedding day everything we wanted. Every element of our day was taken care of to the highest level, they were available to support at any time throughout the process, and made our day feel effortless, when I know they were doing so much invisible work so we could relax and enjoy our day. Every last detail was taken care of and they are truly amazing to work with. When it comes to event planning you need a team who you can trust, and they are absolutely the BEST!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Susan · Married on 06/09/2018

Words can’t express how thankful we were to have had Eric by our side during our wedding weekend. We can’t thank him and his team enough for all their hard work and effort that went into making sure our whole weekend went smoothly! We were in awe of the detail, timing, and every little thing that they took into their own hands to make sure things were flawless. The weekend was absolutely perfect and completely blew our expectations out of the water (which were already very high)! We could not have done it without him, and the Modern Romance team, and for that we are eternally grateful!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Monica · Married on 12/09/2017

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I cannot thank Eric, Brittany, and Brooke enough for all they did for my husband and I on our wedding day. FL weather is tricky, and luck would have it that our wedding day was rainy and incredibly windy. Brittany and Brooke went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure that our day went off as well as it possibly could despite the weather conditions. They truly kept me calm and no request was too much to accommodate. They are the epitome of professionals and I could not have imagined our day going as smoothly and as a beautifully as it did without them. I HIGHLY recommend A Modern Romance. I cannot rave enough about them.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Angela · Married on 12/01/2017

Eric is the absolute best!!!!! He is awesome, professional, fun, and a true joy to work with!!!!! It truly felt like we were a team in creating the wedding of our dreams. The weekend of, he and Brittany literally took care of EVERYTHING, so we were free to enjoy all of our family/friends. I cannot say enough about this group--hire them ASAP to make your life (and wedding planning process) the best it can be!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Jamie · Married on 11/06/2017

I had a wonderful experience. Even when I decided to add a bouquet a few hours before the wedding and with all of the florists closed - Brittany found the most perfect, beautiful bouquet for me!

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Eric and his team were phenomenal. Due to Hurricane Irma, our original venue was unusable. Within three weeks of our wedding, they had found us another venue and planned just about everything over again from scratch. Our entire wedding weekend was completely stress-free because of Eric and his team. I never had to worry about a thing! I was also blown away by the set-up at the reception. I provided very little insight into my tastes other than some colors I like but you would have thought he had gotten inside my head. It was perfect and I loved every last detail. All of their vendor partners were amazing as well. I would absolutely recommend A Modern Romance.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Laura · Married on 11/04/2017

Brittany was amazing! She took all the stress out of planning ! She was extremely knowledgeable and was always available when I needed help or advice! Our wedding day was a dream come true and it's all thanks to A modern Romance ! Thank you so much for everything Brittany and Eric!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    A Modern Romance 27
    A Modern Romance 28
    A Modern Romance 29

Laura · Married on 11/04/2017

All I can say is Eric is amazing at his craft !!! If you are looking for the best wedding planner look no further Eric was truly a pleasure to work with!

Sasha · Married on 09/02/2017

Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance are absolutely amazing. THE BEST. This is who you need to pick to plan your Key West (or Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) wedding. I had my perfect wedding in Key West, without ever actually going to Key West during the planning phase. Eric and his team handled everything and I had no stress during planning or on my wedding day. If anything went wrong, I definitely didn't know about it. I found out about Eric through my hotel, Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa. I looked up reviews of all their recommended day of coordinators, and had kind of already picked Eric in my head, but when we spoke, I instantly LOVED HIM. He is so kind, a truly caring and thoughtful person, a hard worker, available to text or talk as things came up, and has great taste. Once you give him your vibe, he gets it, and comes up with incredible ideas you hadn't even thought of! In terms of day- of coordination, he handled everything that day and I never worried about a thing. I chose all my vendors based on his recommendation and was very pleased with all of them. Overall A+++ for Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance.

Lila · Married on 06/24/2017

The team at A Modern Romance was amazing in every way. Choosing them was the bet decision we made for our wedding. They all will work extra hard to make sure your day is everything you can imagine and more. I can’t say enough good things about them!

Sent on 12/17/2017
  • Amanda Ruggiero Reid

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2017

If you are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and professional wedding planner, Eric Baker at a Modern Romance is for you! We had our destination wedding in Key West at the magical Southernmost House. Eric's attention to detail, timeline, mindfulness of our budget, passion for weddings, and knowledge of the local vendors are a few reasons why he is so spectacular. Eric was always willing to talk about any questions or concerns my husband and I may be encountering. His calm demeanor, positive outlook, and experience are truly second to none. He is organized, informative, and always willing and excited to help the bride(s) or groom(s) achieve their dream wedding. He is excited to help you experience any type of wedding you are looking to have. However, he is also willing to share his honest professional opinion when you need to make difficult decisions. Eric Baker loves what he does and it radiates through his work and how he speaks with his clients. After speaking with him, planning, making decisions, and getting to know each other, I can honestly say that not only is he a true professional, but also a genuinely good person. Eric wants your wedding day, or in our case, wedding weekend to be the best day ever. Wedding planning is not just a job for him, it's his passion. I remember the first phone conference we had was on a Sunday, typically a day people take a break from working. I thanked him for speaking with me for over an hour and he said to me, "I love wedding planning, and when you love what you do it never feels like work".

I highly recommend Eric Baker and his superior team at A Modern Romance to any couple looking to plan a wedding. The quality of service and quickness to respond to our every question or concern made our planning experience very enjoyable and our wedding day truly magical!!

Thank you A Modern Romance, you are the BEST!

All the best,
    Amanda Ruggiero (Reid) & Brian Reid

Sent on 04/29/2017
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/01/2016

Eric is the absolute best! No matter what size your wedding is big or small he is the right person for you! Eric truly cares and it shows in his work. We had a destination wedding in Key West, size of 74 people. We hired "A Modern Romance" for a Day Of Wedding Planner and I'm so thankful we did! Eric was very responsive (which as a new bride, is so refreshing!) helpful, professional and pleasant. It was like having a friend there making sure every detail you want happens seamlessly! He was worth every penny and I definitely can not say that about all our vendors. I spoke with several wedding planners in southeast FL and I found Eric to be the most courteous and flexible. He put a package together to meet our needs and budget and then provided us excellent service from then on. From one bride to another, Eric is the best decision hands down!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Robin · Married on 06/11/2016

A Modern Romance was a perfect solution to my destination wedding questions in the Florida Keys. They were helpful, responsive, calming, knowledgeable and FUN! They helped make my most important day into a perfect wedding event! We have plenty of wonderful memories from our destination wedding and we have a Modern Romance (and amazing Eric Baker) to Thank for that!!

Sent on 01/06/2018
    A Modern Romance 30

Karen · Married on 06/04/2016

Eric and his team are amazing! I couldn't ask for a better team to help with my wedding. They saw my vision and made it happen. They are worth every penny and are more than professional. Eric responds to any doubts, questions, or suggestions in a timely manner, to make sure everything goes the way you want it to go. I really can honestly say I had a STRESS FREE wedding. All thanks to Modern Romance. Thank you again for making my dream wedding come true.

Sent on 06/07/2016
  • W

Wes · Married on 04/22/2016

Every entity touched by this planner was spectacular and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2016

Eric Baker and his assistant Brittany were THE BEST! We always talked about having our wedding in Key West, and Eric found us the most perfect venue. Everything was beautiful! He was there every step of the way, guiding me through the tough decision making process. I am so happy I decided to use his services. All of the vendors were amazing. I really couldn't imagine my wedding to be any better than it was. Everyone had such a great time. So many people told me that my wedding was amazing, and that was all because of Eric. He was there the entire day of the wedding, making sure everything was in it's place so that I could relax while getting ready. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Eric and Brittany even helped me with my bustle when no one else could figure it out haha! He even helped me plan a catamaran event for the night after the wedding, which the guests loved! Thank you, Modern Romance, for making everything perfect!!!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 12/19/2015

Eric Baker and his assistant Brittany are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! We had 6 months to arrange a destination wedding in Key West. The size of the wedding went from intimate (3), to 50+, and finally settled at 30-ish. We wanted something that felt like a celebration since we'd been together on and off for about 20 years, so we weren't looking for the typical wedding. Like the ultimate pro that he is, Eric rolled with all the changes. He guided us through selections for literally everything - places for our guests to stay, the reception venue, the caterer, the food and libations, party favors and transportation, the ceremony location, hair and makeup, the flowers, the music at the ceremony, the band at the reception, the officiant, and he even scheduled a day in Coral Gables to find a dress... I could and should go on but the list would be endless. He worked all the schedules out with the Studio Julie (our photographers - amazing) and the White Orchid Studios (the videographer, also wonderful) so we could just relax and enjoy the day of. The decor from Duarte Floral at the reception was stunning, the custom altar made of driftwood was perfect for our beach wedding, our reception band Moontower kept us rocking and on our feet all night long and even played a few special arrangements for us (thanks for the Clapton and Beach Boys tunes!!!), Rusty Lemmon's acoustic arrangements of Never Tear Us Apart (INXS) and Wonderwall (Oasis) at the ceremony were PERFECT, his makeup artist Lori made me look like I hadn't aged in 20 years, the food from A Catered Affair was amazing, and the cake from Croissants de France was delicious! Looking back, we wouldn't change a thing. If you want a wedding planner who goes the extra mile and knows the best of the best in Key West, look no further. Eric and his staff at A Modern Romance will make your day perfect!

Sent on 01/03/2016

John · Married on 12/12/2015

Eric and his team were incredible. They were able to eliminate all stress for my Bride, Morgan, and I. We simply followed the lead of the "A Modern Romance" staff, and the wedding went flawlessly. Thanks for such a great experience.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Eric is amazing! I can't say enough about how wonderful my daughter's wedding was thanks to Eric! His willingness to go the "extra mile" when a problem arises is very reassuring to a nervous bride and mom! I highly recommend Eric ~ you can be certain he will be there for you to see that everything runs smoothly. Thank you, Eric!

Sent on 12/14/2015