46 Reviews for A Modern Romance

Guest List (1)
Civil (1)
Cultural (1)
46 A Modern Romance Reviews

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I cannot thank Eric, Brittany, and Brooke enough for all they did for my husband and I on our wedding day. FL weather is tricky, and luck would have it that our wedding day was rainy and incredibly windy. Brittany and Brooke went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure that our day went off as well as it possibly could despite the weather conditions. They truly kept me calm and no request was too much to accommodate. They are the epitome of professionals and I could not have imagined our day going as smoothly and as a beautifully as it did without them. I HIGHLY recommend A Modern Romance. I cannot rave enough about them.

Profile Picture Monica, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric is the absolute best!!!!! He is awesome, professional, fun, and a true joy to work with!!!!! It truly felt like we were a team in creating the wedding of our dreams. The weekend of, he and Brittany literally took care of EVERYTHING, so we were free to enjoy all of our family/friends. I cannot say enough about this group--hire them ASAP to make your life (and wedding planning process) the best it can be!

Profile Picture Angela, 12/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

I had a wonderful experience. Even when I decided to add a bouquet a few hours before the wedding and with all of the florists closed - Brittany found the most perfect, beautiful bouquet for me!

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric and his team were phenomenal. Due to Hurricane Irma, our original venue was unusable. Within three weeks of our wedding, they had found us another venue and planned just about everything over again from scratch. Our entire wedding weekend was completely stress-free because of Eric and his team. I never had to worry about a thing! I was also blown away by the set-up at the reception. I provided very little insight into my tastes other than some colors I like but you would have thought he had gotten inside my head. It was perfect and I loved every last detail. All of their vendor partners were amazing as well. I would absolutely recommend A Modern Romance.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Brittany was amazing! She took all the stress out of planning ! She was extremely knowledgeable and was always available when I needed help or advice! Our wedding day was a dream come true and it's all thanks to A modern Romance ! Thank you so much for everything Brittany and Eric!

Photos
Profile Picture Laura, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

All I can say is Eric is amazing at his craft !!! If you are looking for the best wedding planner look no further Eric was truly a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance are absolutely amazing. THE BEST. This is who you need to pick to plan your Key West (or Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) wedding. I had my perfect wedding in Key West, without ever actually going to Key West during the planning phase. Eric and his team handled everything and I had no stress during planning or on my wedding day. If anything went wrong, I definitely didn't know about it. I found out about Eric through my hotel, Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa. I looked up reviews of all their recommended day of coordinators, and had kind of already picked Eric in my head, but when we spoke, I instantly LOVED HIM. He is so kind, a truly caring and thoughtful person, a hard worker, available to text or talk as things came up, and has great taste. Once you give him your vibe, he gets it, and comes up with incredible ideas you hadn't even thought of! In terms of day- of coordination, he handled everything that day and I never worried about a thing. I chose all my vendors based on his recommendation and was very pleased with all of them. Overall A+++ for Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance.

Profile Picture Sasha, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The team at A Modern Romance was amazing in every way. Choosing them was the bet decision we made for our wedding. They all will work extra hard to make sure your day is everything you can imagine and more. I can’t say enough good things about them!

Profile Picture Lila, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and professional wedding planner, Eric Baker at a Modern Romance is for you! We had our destination wedding in Key West at the magical Southernmost House. Eric's attention to detail, timeline, mindfulness of our budget, passion for weddings, and knowledge of the local vendors are a few reasons why he is so spectacular. Eric was always willing to talk about any questions or concerns my husband and I may be encountering. His calm demeanor, positive outlook, and experience are truly second to none. He is organized, informative, and always willing and excited to help the bride(s) or groom(s) achieve their dream wedding. He is excited to help you experience any type of wedding you are looking to have. However, he is also willing to share his honest professional opinion when you need to make difficult decisions. Eric Baker loves what he does and it radiates through his work and how he speaks with his clients. After speaking with him, planning, making decisions, and getting to know each other, I can honestly say that not only is he a true professional, but also a genuinely good person. Eric wants your wedding day, or in our case, wedding weekend to be the best day ever. Wedding planning is not just a job for him, it's his passion. I remember the first phone conference we had was on a Sunday, typically a day people take a break from working. I thanked him for speaking with me for over an hour and he said to me, "I love wedding planning, and when you love what you do it never feels like work".

I highly recommend Eric Baker and his superior team at A Modern Romance to any couple looking to plan a wedding. The quality of service and quickness to respond to our every question or concern made our planning experience very enjoyable and our wedding day truly magical!!

Thank you A Modern Romance, you are the BEST!

All the best,
Amanda Ruggiero (Reid) & Brian Reid

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric is the absolute best! No matter what size your wedding is big or small he is the right person for you! Eric truly cares and it shows in his work. We had a destination wedding in Key West, size of 74 people. We hired "A Modern Romance" for a Day Of Wedding Planner and I'm so thankful we did! Eric was very responsive (which as a new bride, is so refreshing!) helpful, professional and pleasant. It was like having a friend there making sure every detail you want happens seamlessly! He was worth every penny and I definitely can not say that about all our vendors. I spoke with several wedding planners in southeast FL and I found Eric to be the most courteous and flexible. He put a package together to meet our needs and budget and then provided us excellent service from then on. From one bride to another, Eric is the best decision hands down!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

A Modern Romance was a perfect solution to my destination wedding questions in the Florida Keys. They were helpful, responsive, calming, knowledgeable and FUN! They helped make my most important day into a perfect wedding event! We have plenty of wonderful memories from our destination wedding and we have a Modern Romance (and amazing Eric Baker) to Thank for that!!

Profile Picture Robin, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Eric and his team are amazing! I couldn't ask for a better team to help with my wedding. They saw my vision and made it happen. They are worth every penny and are more than professional. Eric responds to any doubts, questions, or suggestions in a timely manner, to make sure everything goes the way you want it to go. I really can honestly say I had a STRESS FREE wedding. All thanks to Modern Romance. Thank you again for making my dream wedding come true.

Profile Picture Karen , 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil, Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Every entity touched by this planner was spectacular and exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Wes, 4/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Eric Baker and his assistant Brittany were THE BEST! We always talked about having our wedding in Key West, and Eric found us the most perfect venue. Everything was beautiful! He was there every step of the way, guiding me through the tough decision making process. I am so happy I decided to use his services. All of the vendors were amazing. I really couldn't imagine my wedding to be any better than it was. Everyone had such a great time. So many people told me that my wedding was amazing, and that was all because of Eric. He was there the entire day of the wedding, making sure everything was in it's place so that I could relax while getting ready. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Eric and Brittany even helped me with my bustle when no one else could figure it out haha! He even helped me plan a catamaran event for the night after the wedding, which the guests loved! Thank you, Modern Romance, for making everything perfect!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Eric and his team were incredible. They were able to eliminate all stress for my Bride, Morgan, and I. We simply followed the lead of the "A Modern Romance" staff, and the wedding went flawlessly. Thanks for such a great experience.

Profile Picture John, 12/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Eric is amazing! I can't say enough about how wonderful my daughter's wedding was thanks to Eric! His willingness to go the "extra mile" when a problem arises is very reassuring to a nervous bride and mom! I highly recommend Eric ~ you can be certain he will be there for you to see that everything runs smoothly. Thank you, Eric!

Profile Picture User6052113, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There is only one word to describe Eric and his team at A Modern Romance…. AMAZING!!!! We planned our wedding in Key West from NJ without having seen the venue - as you can imagine this made us a little nervous but Eric assured us along the way! EVERY SINGLE recommendation he provided for vendors was perfect from the photographer to the musician to the florist etc…. Everything was more beautiful than I could have imagined and we are so appreciative! While planning, Eric answered my e-mails promptly day and night. On the day of the wedding Eric and his assistant addressed our every need and someone even drove back to the hotel to pick up my sister’s stroller for her baby. That is not something you see everyday! If you are planning your wedding, hiring Eric/A Modern Romance is the only way to go! We will be forever grateful and feel so blessed to have had the most perfect wedding!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
Janice and Rob

Profile Picture Janice, 12/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord.

I had the extreme pleasure of having the opportunity to have Eric and his wonderful team of Brittney and Trent as my day of planners for my special day! As a florist and wedding planner myself being the bride for the day was very new to me but Eric made the day impeccable, his calm demeanor and the attentiveness that he and his team provided was so appreciated. I would truly recommend him time and time again without reservations. Eric, I can not thank you enough for my making my big day so incredible!!! Chris and I truly appreciate all your hard work.

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric was a a delight. We had the unfortunate visit of really crazy and unexpected weather for several days up to and including wedding day. The ceremony was to be on the beach at sunset, but had to be changed due to the weather. Eric worked diligently to get everything moved, organized and in perfect working order. He kept me from freaking out and made sure we didn't have anything to worry about. They say rain is good luck and we had it in our wedding planner. The day ended up spectacular. Wedding, smiles, kisses and lots of fun. We even ended up with a sunset after all!!!!!!! Thanks to A Modern Romance for doing more than planning a wedding, you became so much more!!!

Profile Picture Chelley, 12/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Eric was amazing! Everything that I envisioned for my ceremony was brought to life by his skills as an amazing wedding coordinator. I felt so much relief knowing that everything was in Eric's hands and he couldn't have been more kind or helpful through the process. If you are having a destination wedding in Key West and are a very particular bride, like I was, than using Eric from A Modern Romance is the only thing to do. He will make your day elegant, stress-free and memorable!!

Profile Picture Mara, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric was top notch! The day went flawlessly without a hitch- or so I think (and isn't it best that way?) I wasn't bothered by a thing. I enjoyed my party like the guest of honor. Put your trust in him. He's got a great eye and the right hand you need when planning your big day.

Thank you Eric!

Profile Picture Alejandra, 4/12/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Without Eric and his unbelievable team, there is NO way my husband and I would have gotten through our destination wedding at the Key West Garden Club. Eric's attention to detail and level of taste is top notch - we met with so many vendors and all of Eric's suggestions were solid and professional. Eric went above and beyond to pull off all the unexpected twists and turns of event planning. The wedding ballooned to almost double the original guest count, which changed everything. The ceremony location, the quotes for catering, flowers, furniture, hotel blocks- everything went out of control. Eric worked gracefully through it all, without breaking a sweat. And that's pretty hard to do down in Key West. A Modern Romance made our wedding what it was, and we couldn't have asked for a more gentle, calming energy to surround ourselves on such a memorable but chaotic day. Perfectly Modern and perfectly Romantic! Thank you so much for making our wedding an amazing event with all your hard work and detail. The best wedding planner a nervous, crazy bride could ask for!

Profile Picture Heather, 1/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Eric was fantastic! Every detail was perfect, venue was amazing after his set up. Everything was handled so professionally! Our big day couldn't have gone any better or smoother. Eric was with us from the beginning, and his input and suggestions were invaluable. I can't recommend him enough. Do yourselves a favor and use Eric, it will be the best decision you can make! We love him!

Profile Picture Jake, 12/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

So incredibly amazing! Our wedding was everything I had dreamed of and more. Eric was able to take our vision and not only create it, but expand on it. Our guests were blown away! We could not have done it without A Modern Romance. I would recommend A Modern Romance to everyone getting married in the keys. First Class, A++++, PERFECTION!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews