A Modern Romance Reviews

A Modern Romance 7
  • Alejandra

Alejandra Guardado · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible!!

Eric from a Modern a romance took care of our “day of planning” (although we started working together a month beforehand). He is extremely professional, but yet enthusiastic and extremely personable. He took care of everything we needed and more the day of the wedding. Our close friends and family who got to witness how hands and efficient he was could not stop commenting on what an incredible planner he was. He has an incredible eye for detail and will make sure your event runs smoothly and impresses all your guests. We truly have no complaints for him and his company.

• Raquel

Raquel · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Experience!

A Modern Romance made our wedding day everything we wanted. Every element of our day was taken care of to the highest level, they were available to support at any time throughout the process, and made our day feel effortless, when I know they were doing so much invisible work so we could relax and enjoy our day. Every last detail was taken care of and they are truly amazing to work with. When it comes to event planning you need a team who you can trust, and they are absolutely the BEST!

Susan · Married on 06/09/2018

Words can’t express how thankful we were to have had Eric by our side during our wedding weekend. We can’t thank him and his team enough for all their hard work and effort that went into making sure our whole weekend went smoothly! We were in awe of the detail, timing, and every little thing that they took into their own hands to make sure things were flawless. The weekend was absolutely perfect and completely blew our expectations out of the water (which were already very high)! We could not have done it without him, and the Modern Romance team, and for that we are eternally grateful!!

Monica · Married on 12/09/2017

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I cannot thank Eric, Brittany, and Brooke enough for all they did for my husband and I on our wedding day. FL weather is tricky, and luck would have it that our wedding day was rainy and incredibly windy. Brittany and Brooke went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure that our day went off as well as it possibly could despite the weather conditions. They truly kept me calm and no request was too much to accommodate. They are the epitome of professionals and I could not have imagined our day going as smoothly and as a beautifully as it did without them. I HIGHLY recommend A Modern Romance. I cannot rave enough about them.

Angela · Married on 12/01/2017

Eric is the absolute best!!!!! He is awesome, professional, fun, and a true joy to work with!!!!! It truly felt like we were a team in creating the wedding of our dreams. The weekend of, he and Brittany literally took care of EVERYTHING, so we were free to enjoy all of our family/friends. I cannot say enough about this group--hire them ASAP to make your life (and wedding planning process) the best it can be!

Jamie · Married on 11/06/2017

I had a wonderful experience. Even when I decided to add a bouquet a few hours before the wedding and with all of the florists closed - Brittany found the most perfect, beautiful bouquet for me!

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Eric and his team were phenomenal. Due to Hurricane Irma, our original venue was unusable. Within three weeks of our wedding, they had found us another venue and planned just about everything over again from scratch. Our entire wedding weekend was completely stress-free because of Eric and his team. I never had to worry about a thing! I was also blown away by the set-up at the reception. I provided very little insight into my tastes other than some colors I like but you would have thought he had gotten inside my head. It was perfect and I loved every last detail. All of their vendor partners were amazing as well. I would absolutely recommend A Modern Romance.

Laura · Married on 11/04/2017

Brittany was amazing! She took all the stress out of planning ! She was extremely knowledgeable and was always available when I needed help or advice! Our wedding day was a dream come true and it's all thanks to A modern Romance ! Thank you so much for everything Brittany and Eric!

A Modern Romance 16
    A Modern Romance 22
    A Modern Romance 23
    A Modern Romance 24

Laura · Married on 11/04/2017

All I can say is Eric is amazing at his craft !!! If you are looking for the best wedding planner look no further Eric was truly a pleasure to work with!

Sasha · Married on 09/02/2017

Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance are absolutely amazing. THE BEST. This is who you need to pick to plan your Key West (or Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) wedding. I had my perfect wedding in Key West, without ever actually going to Key West during the planning phase. Eric and his team handled everything and I had no stress during planning or on my wedding day. If anything went wrong, I definitely didn't know about it. I found out about Eric through my hotel, Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa. I looked up reviews of all their recommended day of coordinators, and had kind of already picked Eric in my head, but when we spoke, I instantly LOVED HIM. He is so kind, a truly caring and thoughtful person, a hard worker, available to text or talk as things came up, and has great taste. Once you give him your vibe, he gets it, and comes up with incredible ideas you hadn't even thought of! In terms of day- of coordination, he handled everything that day and I never worried about a thing. I chose all my vendors based on his recommendation and was very pleased with all of them. Overall A+++ for Eric Baker and his team at A Modern Romance.

Lila · Married on 06/24/2017

The team at A Modern Romance was amazing in every way. Choosing them was the bet decision we made for our wedding. They all will work extra hard to make sure your day is everything you can imagine and more. I can’t say enough good things about them!

• Amanda Ruggiero Reid

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2017

If you are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and professional wedding planner, Eric Baker at a Modern Romance is for you! We had our destination wedding in Key West at the magical Southernmost House. Eric's attention to detail, timeline, mindfulness of our budget, passion for weddings, and knowledge of the local vendors are a few reasons why he is so spectacular. Eric was always willing to talk about any questions or concerns my husband and I may be encountering. His calm demeanor, positive outlook, and experience are truly second to none. He is organized, informative, and always willing and excited to help the bride(s) or groom(s) achieve their dream wedding. He is excited to help you experience any type of wedding you are looking to have. However, he is also willing to share his honest professional opinion when you need to make difficult decisions. Eric Baker loves what he does and it radiates through his work and how he speaks with his clients. After speaking with him, planning, making decisions, and getting to know each other, I can honestly say that not only is he a true professional, but also a genuinely good person. Eric wants your wedding day, or in our case, wedding weekend to be the best day ever. Wedding planning is not just a job for him, it's his passion. I remember the first phone conference we had was on a Sunday, typically a day people take a break from working. I thanked him for speaking with me for over an hour and he said to me, "I love wedding planning, and when you love what you do it never feels like work".

I highly recommend Eric Baker and his superior team at A Modern Romance to any couple looking to plan a wedding. The quality of service and quickness to respond to our every question or concern made our planning experience very enjoyable and our wedding day truly magical!!

Thank you A Modern Romance, you are the BEST!

All the best,
    Amanda Ruggiero (Reid) & Brian Reid

• Amber

Amber · Married on 10/01/2016

Eric is the absolute best! No matter what size your wedding is big or small he is the right person for you! Eric truly cares and it shows in his work. We had a destination wedding in Key West, size of 74 people. We hired "A Modern Romance" for a Day Of Wedding Planner and I'm so thankful we did! Eric was very responsive (which as a new bride, is so refreshing!) helpful, professional and pleasant. It was like having a friend there making sure every detail you want happens seamlessly! He was worth every penny and I definitely can not say that about all our vendors. I spoke with several wedding planners in southeast FL and I found Eric to be the most courteous and flexible. He put a package together to meet our needs and budget and then provided us excellent service from then on. From one bride to another, Eric is the best decision hands down!

Robin · Married on 06/11/2016

A Modern Romance was a perfect solution to my destination wedding questions in the Florida Keys. They were helpful, responsive, calming, knowledgeable and FUN! They helped make my most important day into a perfect wedding event! We have plenty of wonderful memories from our destination wedding and we have a Modern Romance (and amazing Eric Baker) to Thank for that!!

A Modern Romance 25

Karen · Married on 06/04/2016

Eric and his team are amazing! I couldn't ask for a better team to help with my wedding. They saw my vision and made it happen. They are worth every penny and are more than professional. Eric responds to any doubts, questions, or suggestions in a timely manner, to make sure everything goes the way you want it to go. I really can honestly say I had a STRESS FREE wedding. All thanks to Modern Romance. Thank you again for making my dream wedding come true.

• W

Wes · Married on 04/22/2016

Every entity touched by this planner was spectacular and exceeded our expectations.

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2016

Eric Baker and his assistant Brittany were THE BEST! We always talked about having our wedding in Key West, and Eric found us the most perfect venue. Everything was beautiful! He was there every step of the way, guiding me through the tough decision making process. I am so happy I decided to use his services. All of the vendors were amazing. I really couldn't imagine my wedding to be any better than it was. Everyone had such a great time. So many people told me that my wedding was amazing, and that was all because of Eric. He was there the entire day of the wedding, making sure everything was in it's place so that I could relax while getting ready. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Eric and Brittany even helped me with my bustle when no one else could figure it out haha! He even helped me plan a catamaran event for the night after the wedding, which the guests loved! Thank you, Modern Romance, for making everything perfect!!!

• Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 12/19/2015

Eric Baker and his assistant Brittany are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! We had 6 months to arrange a destination wedding in Key West. The size of the wedding went from intimate (3), to 50+, and finally settled at 30-ish. We wanted something that felt like a celebration since we'd been together on and off for about 20 years, so we weren't looking for the typical wedding. Like the ultimate pro that he is, Eric rolled with all the changes. He guided us through selections for literally everything - places for our guests to stay, the reception venue, the caterer, the food and libations, party favors and transportation, the ceremony location, hair and makeup, the flowers, the music at the ceremony, the band at the reception, the officiant, and he even scheduled a day in Coral Gables to find a dress... I could and should go on but the list would be endless. He worked all the schedules out with the Studio Julie (our photographers - amazing) and the White Orchid Studios (the videographer, also wonderful) so we could just relax and enjoy the day of. The decor from Duarte Floral at the reception was stunning, the custom altar made of driftwood was perfect for our beach wedding, our reception band Moontower kept us rocking and on our feet all night long and even played a few special arrangements for us (thanks for the Clapton and Beach Boys tunes!!!), Rusty Lemmon's acoustic arrangements of Never Tear Us Apart (INXS) and Wonderwall (Oasis) at the ceremony were PERFECT, his makeup artist Lori made me look like I hadn't aged in 20 years, the food from A Catered Affair was amazing, and the cake from Croissants de France was delicious! Looking back, we wouldn't change a thing. If you want a wedding planner who goes the extra mile and knows the best of the best in Key West, look no further. Eric and his staff at A Modern Romance will make your day perfect!

John · Married on 12/12/2015

Eric and his team were incredible. They were able to eliminate all stress for my Bride, Morgan, and I. We simply followed the lead of the "A Modern Romance" staff, and the wedding went flawlessly. Thanks for such a great experience.

Eric is amazing! I can't say enough about how wonderful my daughter's wedding was thanks to Eric! His willingness to go the "extra mile" when a problem arises is very reassuring to a nervous bride and mom! I highly recommend Eric ~ you can be certain he will be there for you to see that everything runs smoothly. Thank you, Eric!

Janice · Married on 12/11/2015

There is only one word to describe Eric and his team at A Modern Romance…. AMAZING!!!! We planned our wedding in Key West from NJ without having seen the venue - as you can imagine this made us a little nervous but Eric assured us along the way! EVERY SINGLE recommendation he provided for vendors was perfect from the photographer to the musician to the florist etc…. Everything was more beautiful than I could have imagined and we are so appreciative! While planning, Eric answered my e-mails promptly day and night. On the day of the wedding Eric and his assistant addressed our every need and someone even drove back to the hotel to pick up my sister’s stroller for her baby. That is not something you see everyday! If you are planning your wedding, hiring Eric/A Modern Romance is the only way to go! We will be forever grateful and feel so blessed to have had the most perfect wedding!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
    Janice and Rob

Melissa · Married on 12/06/2015

I had the extreme pleasure of having the opportunity to have Eric and his wonderful team of Brittney and Trent as my day of planners for my special day! As a florist and wedding planner myself being the bride for the day was very new to me but Eric made the day impeccable, his calm demeanor and the attentiveness that he and his team provided was so appreciated. I would truly recommend him time and time again without reservations. Eric, I can not thank you enough for my making my big day so incredible!!! Chris and I truly appreciate all your hard work.

Chelley · Married on 12/04/2015

Eric was a a delight. We had the unfortunate visit of really crazy and unexpected weather for several days up to and including wedding day. The ceremony was to be on the beach at sunset, but had to be changed due to the weather. Eric worked diligently to get everything moved, organized and in perfect working order. He kept me from freaking out and made sure we didn't have anything to worry about. They say rain is good luck and we had it in our wedding planner. The day ended up spectacular. Wedding, smiles, kisses and lots of fun. We even ended up with a sunset after all!!!!!!! Thanks to A Modern Romance for doing more than planning a wedding, you became so much more!!!

Mara · Married on 04/25/2015

Eric was amazing! Everything that I envisioned for my ceremony was brought to life by his skills as an amazing wedding coordinator. I felt so much relief knowing that everything was in Eric's hands and he couldn't have been more kind or helpful through the process. If you are having a destination wedding in Key West and are a very particular bride, like I was, than using Eric from A Modern Romance is the only thing to do. He will make your day elegant, stress-free and memorable!!