A Matter of Face Reviews

18 | Boston, MA

18 Reviews for A Matter of Face

• Cristina

Cristina · Married on 12/03/2016

Paula is a truly gifted makeup artist. After booking her for my engagement photoshoot makeup, I was in love with the look she gave me and knew she would gel really well with the group. It felt natural working with her. She made each and every one of my bridesmaids (as well as my mother and mother of the groom) look absolutely stunning and used her skills to bring out the best in each of them.

Her style is to use natural makeup that brings out your best features. I am not one to wear makeup daily and Paula did a great job keeping the makeup true to me while making me feel beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more. She knows what will photograph well and does not rush anyone's makeup---my bridal party was absolutely thrilled! Book Paula ASAP!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

I had met Paula a few years earlier when she did make-up for a friend's wedding, so when I started planning my wedding I immediately contacted her to lock her down for ours. She's a little pricey but well worth it - her make-up is flawless, looks natural, and doesn't feel heavy. I also have very sensitive skin but the make-up she used felt great and didn't irritate it at all. Paula is also really warm and calm, a great personality to have around on a hectic day. She fit in an extra person on the day of without a problem. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Paula was amazing to work with and I can't possibly recommend her highly enough! I don't wear a lot of make up and really wanted to look like myself on my wedding day, without being overly made up, and Paula really listened to me and gave me exactly the look I was going for. She did my bridesmaids too who all looked stunningly beautiful! She's also just incredibly sweet and easy to talk to and chatting with her definitely helped calm my nerves. I would go back to her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/29/2015

I couldn't be happier with my wedding makeup – Paula made me feel like a princess! Her knowledge, experience, and calming voice reduced any stress I had while getting my makeup done. I don't normally wear much makeup, so during my trial we were able to look at a few different looks to make sure I was comfortable with our final decision. I really appreciated that she was compassionate and interested in how I felt and what I thought would make me most comfortable, while providing her professional opinion based on my skin tone/etc. It was such a pleasure working with her!
    My bridal party, mother, and mother of the groom were also extremely happy with their results.
    I couldn't be more thankful for Paula and highly recommend A Matter of Face!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Jackie · Married on 10/18/2014

I used A Matter of Face on my wedding day, and couldn't have been happier. The owner, Paula, is a dream to work with. Not only does she have beautiful technique, but she is NO nonsense. An unhappy client is NOT an option for her; and let me tell you, I had a lot (8 to be exact) of particular bridesmaids. We had a trial before the wedding, and on my day the application was a walk in the park. If you want more than just someone to apply makeup on your wedding day, look not further than Paula. Her level of professionalism and compassion on your big day in unparalleled. She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Erica · Married on 08/30/2014

Paula was fabulous. She was able to accommodate my bridal party of 6 while coordinating with our hair appointments. She made all of us comfortable and was able to keep me (the bride) calm during it all. We had a positive experience and would recommend her!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Paula made me beautiful and calm on my wedding day. Hallelujah.

I was very nervous about having my makeup professionally done for my wedding. I don't wear much makeup normally and was scared on looking like a clown on my wedding day. Paula immediately put my fears to rest. During a detailed trial, she talked about the options and what my ideal look would be. I appreciated that she was interested in what I thought would work best more than what she wanted to do. In the end, I had very skillfully applied makeup that made me look like me, only better.

Paula was also very kind to my bridal party and they were all thrilled with the results. I wholeheartedly recommend Matter of Face!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Meaghan · Married on 05/04/2014

I went to Paula for a makeup trial after I had a makeup trial with another person. In the other trial, I felt like I didn't even look like myself, I was too "made up"- my now-husband would have been scared! But when Paula did my my makeup, I looked natural, like myself, only improved! I loved my makeup on my wedding day. Paula was so friendly, easy to work with and just a really nice person. I enjoyed the time I spent with her. I went back to Paula when my sister was getting married this year and had a makeup tutorial. I still get many compliments when I use the tools and techniques she taught me.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Laura · Married on 01/19/2014

Paula was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. I had her do my makeup for engagement photos as well as my wedding and both times I felt absolutely at ease with her and thrilled with the outcome. For my wedding, Paula traveled out to our "getting ready" location- in advance, she helped identify the timeline and suggest when she should start (she also did makeup for my bridal party and the moms). Throughout the morning, she was so relaxed and put us all ease. She helped each woman feel beautiful and on top of it all, I found her pricing to be reasonable.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2013

Paula was wonderful and patient. She did an excellent job for my wedding, and my mother was very pleased with her make-up services as well. Paula's located in the North End so before or after your make-up application, grab a drink or some wonderful Italian food.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Paula and her team at Matter of Face are wonderful makeup artists and so sweet and thoughtful. Paula did my makeup for my engagement photos, as well as my wedding, and I couldn't be happier with the results. My makeup looked natural and not overdone and I received many compliments. She came to my hotel in Brookline on the day of wedding, which was no additional charge, and took the time to make sure my makeup was perfect and I was happy with the results. I would highly recommend Matter of Face for not only wedding makeup application but for any special occasion!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Amy · Married on 08/31/2012

Absolutely loved my makeup for my wedding day. Paula did an amazing job.so glad I did the trial first, to figure out what I liked and didn't like

Allison · Married on 09/24/2011

Paula did my make-up for my wedding and did a great job! She is very talented and professional. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Paula came to our hotel and did our makeup for myself and my daughter who was the bride. She was fabulous. We looked great and natural. I would recommend her for any occasion.

Allison · Married on 12/31/2014

Paula was so wonderful- she felt like family! She did a phenomenal job with my make up and lashes and my sister and mom's make up too! She is very very good and if I were to do it again, there is no doubt I'd go back to Paula!

Sent on 05/27/2015

3.5

Paula was lovely and very accommodating given my crazy wedding day schedule! She put me at ease despite my day of anxiety and did a wonderful job. My skin is complicated to work with given varying hues and she masterfully balanced it out. I appeared a but shiny in some of my pictures but it was a hot evening and I was sweating so it likely had very little to do with Paula'work

Sent on 05/30/2015

Paula did a great job, and even came to the hotel. The process was painless and professional. She did require a minimum number of appointments to travel. I think it will help if you have a good idea of what you wanted. I didn't have a very clear vision, so we struggled a bit to get it exactly right.

Sent on 06/11/2015

3.5

I hired Paula from A Matter of Face to do the make up for myself (bride) and my wedding party. She was great! She and her assistant came to my house in the morning and did all 8 of us after our hair appointments. Everyone loved their make-up... she did an excellent job! I would definitely recommend her to anybody looking to get their make up done!

Sent on 06/05/2015