A Lovely Photo Reviews

A Lovely Photo View more information

• Juvi
    Juvi A. Married on 06/05/2021

BEST decision ever...

Long story short, we needed to hire another photographer after having to deviate from our original wedding plans. After looking through the galleries on the website and the pictures on Instagram, I knew we needed to hire A Lovely Photo. I loved the aesthetic of the photos and how happy everyone looked. And we were definitely not disappointed. Alicia and her husband captured our love and our wedding day so beautifully. They were both so kind and gave us great direction on how to pose as we didn't know what we were doing. Alicia was also so on top of emails and communicating with me throughout the whole planning process. It eased so much anxiety on my end. With COVID, they also wore masks the entire time and followed all social distancing guidelines. They made sure all of our must have pictures were taken too. At the end of the ceremony and all of the events after, they suggested taking pictures at a beach close by. We weren't expecting to take them, but sooooo glad we did! It was SO cold that day, but they did everything with a smile and captured some incredible photos!! So grateful we hired them and I am so happy we have beautiful photos to look back on for years and years to come.
  • Sharon
    Sharon S. Married on 02/22/2020

Fantastic!

Alicia and Garret are amazing! They were always there taking pictures but never in the way. I would highly recommend them!! As a "curvy bride" 😄 I was concerned about my photos but I had nothing to worry about, I felt comfortable and beautiful the entire time.
    Haley Married on 04/06/2019

Knowledgeable, skilled and organized

This husband and wife duo is fantastic!

They are a fit for anyone interested in working with someone who is highly knowledgeable of the craft and what will result in beautiful photos, very organized to herd a large high energy family and experienced in a way that puts your mind at ease that these photos will be memories to last forever.

Because they are husband and wife, they demonstrated many of the poses so we could have a point of reference - it was very helpful!

They were present without being too in your face, and I know they captured every single moment!

They are helped us orchestrate our sparkler send off and the photos are GORGEOUS!!

Thank you Alicia, you are such an artist and we are so grateful for your assistance in making our special day even more spectacular.
  • Justin
    Justin M. Married on 06/30/2018

The Photographer picked by a Wedding Photographer!

As a wedding photographer myself, I thought choosing someone to document my wedding was going to be stressful and the hardest task of all of our planning. Then entered Shawnee, and she is 110% hands down the best decision we made.

Our photos are absolutely breathtaking - creative and intimate, joyful and personal. She put my husband and me at ease in front the camera where we can tend to feel awkward, made us look flattering in our more-to-love bodies, and accommodated every request we had and our crazy wedding parties+families. She was simultaneously the life of the party and a fly on the wall. Shawnee went above and beyond, traveling to our destination wedding early to assuage anxiety and even did a photoshoot with at sunrise in our favorite park when we realized it wouldn’t fit into our wedding day plans (and for incredibly great light). My mom still raves about her and even went out to buy the exact lipstick Shawnee wore to our wedding the day after because she wanted to be just like the coolest wedding photographer ever.

If you’ve gotten this far into this review, and aren’t convinced yet, I don’t know what to say besides BOOK SHAWNEE C (and then become her friend, she throws awesome Parks and Rec themed parties, you guys)!!!!!
    Natasha Married on 09/23/2017
    Alicia and Garrett from A Lovely Photo went above and beyond when it came to photographing our wedding in September 2017. We had a fusion wedding (Indian/Filipino and Sri Lankan) and I knew that I wanted to capture the event as well as the details of our cultures. Alicia and Garrett arrived on time, assisted with set up and even helped with maintaining our timeline. They put us at ease and I could not be happier with the results. Her packages worked well within my budget and we were able to see a full set of online photos to show our families. Alicia was kind enough to provide a few of the best shots to use as our Thank You Card which turned out beautifully. All of the photos came out clear and so many details were captured. I am still getting compliments on how beautiful the photographs came out and I know these are something that we will cherish. Finally, Alicia and Garrett are very organized, so professional, and responsive with all of the emails before and after the wedding. They did exemplary work and we highly recommend them!
    Nicole Married on 05/13/2017
    Alicia and her husband were a God send for my wedding. Alicia is a really sweet and easy person to work with. Her style is also exactly what I wanted, candid but not forced, natural and not over edited in a cheesy way, very romantic and mature. I cannot say enough about how in love I am with my photos. Not only did I get so many digital photos of my big day, but her communication before, during, and after was prompt and concise. She was thorough with asking what I was looking for, what poses I wanted ect, and delivered! She was great to work with during the wedding too, wasn’t “in the way” but still managed to get the job done. I recommend her to everyone and if I had to do it over again I would choose her again without a doubt!
    Tiffany Married on 11/28/2015
    Absolutely loved "A Lovely Photo". Shawnee was professional and fun and did an outstanding job! She comes highly recommended, and we will use her in the future for our professional photography needs.
    Garrett Married on 04/17/2015
    I would highly recommend A Lovely Photo any couple that is planning to get married.
    Amy Married on 08/31/2013
    Alicia is fantastic. I had originally hired a different photographer to do my engagement pictures, but they didn’t turn out well. We found Alicia, through family, and she was amazing. She brought all of the props and picked the perfect settings for what we wanted. She did a fantastic job and the pictures turned out amazing. I still get tons of compliments on them 5 years later. She is also an incredibly nice person. We were so impressed that we hired her to do our wedding pictures. Her attention to detail is amazing. Every single picture was beautiful. She was so quick to return the edited shots and I got a number of CDs filled with pictures from our wedding day. I was extremely impressed, and if I ever have a need for a photographer again I’ll be giving her a call.
    Aggie Married on 09/01/2012
    From the first time meeting with Alicia we had amazing vibes from her and knew right then we had to book her for our wedding. She was extremely flexible with her time and accommodating to our every needs. She exceeded our expectations of her. Our wedding album was perfect and memorable. We kept in touch and also had our maternity and family pictures done by her. It is amazing how you build such a strong friendship through pictures. She sure knows how to capture every moment. We are beyond grateful to have met her.
    Nazarena Married on 03/13/2010
    A Lovely Photo was suggested to us by a family friend for our engagement party. Alicia was so kind, easy going, respectful and soft spoken. Never pushy or overbearing. We instantly felt comfortable with her. She suggested some great photo backgrounds and group shots while there but what I loved most is what we didn't notice until we saw the pictures. She snuck around the party like a ninja, capturing beautiful moments without being planned or posed. It's those photos that really captured the night. We had already booked another photographer for our wedding and we weren't able to get our deposit back but after seeing A Lovely Photo's pictures of our engagement party we knew we had to book her for our wedding as well. Thankful we did, as we have so many beautiful memories of our wedding thanks to Alicia and A Lovely Photo. We're going on 8 years of marriage and we still use A Lovely Photo to capture our most important family moments! I highly recommend Alicia and her crew.