A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning Reviews

56 | Sanford, NC

56 Reviews for A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning

Cara · Married on 07/01/2016

A Lovely Affair event planners were very professional and made my daughter's wedding feel like a fairytale. The whole experience was amazing and the day of the wedding was magical. Thank you for making the whole experience incredible.

Sent on 07/05/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

It was such a beautiful day! Thank you for allowing A Lovely Affair to play a small part in your daughter's wedding day. Our goal was to make the day Lovely*Memorable*Dallas and Phillip!
  • GettingSchlitzed

Alan · Married on 05/27/2016

Mary was amazing to work with. She made sure to find the best deal when we were shopping for table cloths, Chargers, sparklers.. The list goes on. And trust me she rememberes EVERY detail. Her recommendations won't steer you wrong. I was getting down to the wire (right around a month out) and still couldn't find a make-up artist but Mary reached out to a contact she had and my oh my was that a great call! Her team did a wonderful job on our wedding day. They kept everyone organized and calm. They were extremely professional, I'd do it all over just to work with Mary. Glad to have formed a great connection with such a sweet lady. Ps- I highly recommend adding or getting the package that includes RSVP tracking! That was literally a life saver that's worth every penny! Trust me brides- people RSVP last minute..or better yet they don't! I was so glad Mary was there to contact those who didn't respond.

Sent on 06/27/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Kayle! We loved working with you and Alan. Wishing you many blessings for years to come!

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Mary did an amazing job helping to organize my wedding! The day ended up being perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Casey · Married on 10/29/2016

Mary was INCREDIBLE. I probably would not have hired a day-of wedding planner but my venue required it and recommended her. Looking back I am SO thankful we had her on board with us. She did much more than day-of planning. She answered tons of questions through email and was always super quick at responding. She met with me and my mom as we were meeting with the venue coordinator, caterer, and rental company. Even though I sensed her and I have different styles, she left her preferences at home and helped me make our wedding our own. I really appreciated that. She was a very calming personality to have around the day of the wedding, showing up with her bridal emergency kit (which she used to sew on my husband's button that was about to fall off of his suit coat!). I simply loved working with her and would do it all over again.

Sent on 12/07/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

We enjoyed being part of your day! All the love that went into every detail made the day so special. Wishing you years of love, laughter and happiness!
  • April

April · Married on 04/02/2016

Mary was a great help through the wedding planning process. We worked together on a "minimal planning" contract with decor planning included. She has a great list of vendors for the Raleigh and Sandhills area (our wedding was in Pinehurst) - we used a caterer she had worked with several times who was very affordable and cooked some delicious food. She was attentive to helping me stay within my budget which was a HUGE deal for me... her advice/opinions on decor was priceless. The wedding turned out absolutely beautiful... even more beautiful than I envisioned. It was even better that I didn't have to worry about a thing - Mary took care of everything throughout the weekend so I could enjoy my wedding stress-free!

Sent on 04/17/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

We enjoyed working with you this past year as you finished school and planned a beautiful wedding! I will miss our email conversations and coffee house meetings. Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness.

Susan · Married on 11/11/2017

Stands out:

~Mary is extremely approachable and helpful. Think color-coded binders and a kind elementary school teacher.
    She's based out of Sanford, so I'm pretty sure she's better value (<$3300 for a full year of planning and the full "works") than other Triangle-based planners.

~Mary KNOWS her vendors. Unless you have a family connection to florists/caterers/etc., good luck finding folks by yourself on here who can help you stay on-budget, on-time, and on (your personal) brand.

~If I had to go back and do it again, I would definitely recommend Mary to a friend. I give her a 9/10.

What would take her from an A- to an A+:
    ~Payments are a bit of a pill. As a millennial, I would have rather given her a few lump sums and then just had her email me itemized bills from vendors for me to approve. I wound up sending a lot of checks in the mail via my bank and felt bad that my cake vendor had to wait on me on the day-of. I get that this is personal preference, though.

~The rehearsal dinner planning was a bit awkward. I'm not sure if that was covered in the package, and it worked out in the end. But, I wished she would have just said, "I'm afraid I don't cover that. You'll want to use a restaurant with private dining b/c renting a space and getting catering is way more expensive."

Sent on 11/18/2017

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful and honest review. We are so happy that overall you were pleased with the service we provided and were happy with the way your wedding day turned out. In the future we will make sure that we thoroughly review the contract with each client so they will completely understand what is and is not covered in the contract. It was our pleasure to work with you and we wish you years of happiness!