A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning Reviews

56 | Sanford, NC

56 Reviews for A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning

Janet · Married on 05/28/2016

Looking for a wedding coordinator was a tough task - everyone seemed to be offering similar standard services and all-inclusive packages that were not flexible at all - this was too much for someone who is looking for a solid coordinator who's easy to work with, got great ideas, but without all the bells and whistles. Mary stood out from the rest as she understood our vision from day 1 and was very flexible and easy to work with. We already had a vision of how we wanted to do things and were looking for a great coordinator who would come along and partner with us. Mary had great suggestions for vendors, decor, the itinerary, etc. but didn't try to turn our wedding into something that wasn't us, and that was important to us. Mary was on top of everything. She was very responsive, detail-oriented, and she is clearly passionate about her craft - this is not just a job for her. We had a lot of questions and Mary patiently went back and forth with me on countless emails and was very professional throughout. On the day of the wedding she took care of the vendors, kept calm and helped the wedding party maintain calm while keeping everything on track. Thank you Mary for making our day so special and unique!

Sent on 06/28/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for such kind words. Your wedding was amazing! It was so heartfelt and clearly your witness was evident throughout the entire ceremony. It is our pleasure to work with couples like yourselves! May you have endless days of happiness and joy.

Nichole · Married on 04/23/2016

Thank you Mary for making sure our special day went off without a hitch. Everyone had a great time and everything was beautiful. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Nichole, you and TJ were such a sweet couple and your wedding was a reflection of your love! Wishing you many years of happiness and love!

Cheryl · Married on 03/19/2016

Mrs. Mary Lutz of A Lovely Affair provided excellent service. Mrs. Lutz was very organized, worked well with all the vendors, and assisted my daughter in fulfilling the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 04/03/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Cheryl. It was a beautiful day! Enjoyed being with you and your family celebrating a sweet love story.

Rachael · Married on 03/19/2016

My experience with A Lovely Affair Wedding was absolutely incredible and Mary is simply amazing! Mary is very sweet, professional and calm, which put me and my husband at ease. She was on top of everything and organized a fantastic itinerary for vendors and the bridal party! She helped me work out details, reviewed contracts and was the point of contact on our wedding weekend, which was very helpful and deferred a lot of stress from my husband and I. We were able to enjoy every moment of our special day because of Mary! Our wedding was everything we could have ever imagined and we owe so much of that to A Lovely Affair! I cannot say enough good things about A Lovely Affair and I would highly recommend using them!!!!

Sent on 04/04/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Rachael! It was our pleasure to be a part of your love story. The day was beautiful and you and Phillip are just the sweetest couple. Wishing you lots of love and laughter in the years ahead.

We would not have gotten our fairytale come true if it weren't for Mary! We halved our engagement from eight months to a little less than four and she didn't bat an eye. Everything came together perfectly and Mary handled things my husband and I didn't even know we should worry about! Alovelyaffair made our special day more amazing then we thought it could be!

Sent on 01/08/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Leah! Your wedding was like a fairy tale. Enjoyed being part of your lovely affair!

Belle · Married on 01/02/2016

Mary was very professional, extremely organized and attended to even the smallest detail. She paid close attention to the bride's vision for the wedding/reception and gave us great ideas to create a simple yet very elegant winter wedding. She was wonderful at keeping us on track with our projected budget as we sometimes wanted to go astray. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the reception was gorgeous as it glowed with overhead twinkle lights and candle lights everywhere. We could not have pulled this together in such a short time (4 months) without her invaluable services. Mary is a such a joy to work with! I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 01/08/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Belle! Your daughter's wedding was so fairytale like and she was so beautiful! A Lovely Affair Weddings and Events was honored to be part of your special day. Wishing many years of love, laughter and happiness!
  • Y

Yanira · Married on 11/24/2015

My now husband proposed on November 9, 2015 but when we found out his grandparents had both married on the 24th we knew we wanted to honor them and marry on November 24, 2015. With only 14 days to plan the wedding ceremony and reception, we knew we could count on Mary and A Lovely Affair Weddings. We were able to turn a backyard horse barn into a gorgeous venue space and it as all thanks to her. She will help you plan every detail, making sure that you as the bride have everything you envision. She is a wonderful human being and very reliable. You will not be disappointed with the quality of service and her professionalism. Thank you Mary for making ideas turn into a beautiful reality!!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Yanira! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a lovely affair! Wishing you and Patrick years of love, laughter and much happiness.

Allison · Married on 10/23/2015

I wish I could give A Lovely Affair more than 5 stars! I walked into my reception for the first time and broke into tears over the absolute perfection of every single detail. I have dreamed of my wedding day since I was a little girl and A Lovely Affair worked tirelessly to make that dream into more than I could have ever imagined. I will always be eternally grateful to them for making my day so perfect.

Sent on 10/26/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

You are so sweet! Your wedding was magical! All the love that was on display made me so happy to have the job I have. We loved helping make your dreams come true!

Craig · Married on 10/23/2015

I was the DJ at the event that Mary worked at and I have been doing this for a long time and was very impressed on just how professional she was from the minute I walked in the venue and introduced myself until the time she left the reception. I don't always have the opportunity to work with "professional" wedding planners and for the most part it shows when a bride doesn't use one. Mary was a pleasure to work with in every aspect of the wedding. She was at the venue that morning at 8:00 A.M. and was there until at least 8:00 P.M. that night. As far as working with me, she was wonderful, her expertise was very evident and I felt in total control of the evening under her direction. If you are looking for a "take charge" person to help you the day of your wedding, you can not go wrong with Mary!!

Craig Grimmett
    Showtime Productions DJ Service

Sent on 10/27/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Craig! It was my pleasure to work with you. The bride and groom have raved about how you set the "party mood"! Hope our paths cross in the future.

Robin · Married on 10/16/2015

Mary did a wonderful job of handling all the details so my daughter and I could focus on enjoying the day. She exceeded all my expectations.

Sent on 10/21/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

I enjoyed meeting all of you and playing a part in your daughter's special day! It was a beautiful day!

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2015

I only have nice things to say about Mary and A Lovely Affair Weddings. I tend to be a bit of a control freak, esp when it came to our wedding, but something about Mary made me completely trust her and she did not disappoint. Mary came fully prepared to every event, email reponses came in less than 24 hours, she took care of things that I would've never thought of, and she arranged decorations exactly to my vision. I was also super impressed and thankful for her Day-of-Emergeny-Bag. This bag had everything you could imagine; hairspray, curling iron, deodorant, safety pins, mints...the list goes on and on! Her hard work allowed me to relax and enjoy our special day, we cannot thank her enough!!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Kristin! You and Brandon had a beautiful wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. It was our pleasure!

Mary was the day of coordinator (more like week of) for my sister and she was absolutely fabulous! There was not a single detail that Mary missed. She created a schedule for everyone involved in the wedding day so they knew exactly where to be at every moment. There was not a single vendor that had to come to the bride for answers because Mary handled everything. It truly allowed the bride and groom to be in the moment and to just enjoy the day. I highly recommend Mary and if I wasn't already married, I would use her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/20/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

You are so kind Loren! It was so much fun being part of your sister's wedding and meeting her wonderful family. The wedding was beautiful and so much fun!

Janine · Married on 10/09/2015

As the matron of honor at my sister's wedding I got to experience first hand at how wonderful Mary handled all the little and big tasks through out the day. A Lovely Affair made it so that my sister could truly relax and enjoy her wedding day. She went above and beyond to ensure everyone had everything they needed and didn't leave until all the clean up details were taken care of too. I can't say enough about how she went above and beyond. Every bride should be so lucky to have Mary help them with their wedding details and day of coordination. A true blessing!

Sent on 10/25/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to be part of the couple's special day. We enjoyed working with all of you and it was so much fun!

Butch · Married on 07/25/2015

Mary was great to work with. She made sure I had the music and line up for the reception well in advance for my planning as the DJ of the event. She was there when I arrived at the venue and updated me on a couple of changes. She was a pleasure to work with and hope I get to work with her again!

Sent on 08/03/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Butch! I enjoyed working with you. Hope our paths cross again in the future.

Mayra · Married on 07/25/2015

Mary is the best around! You tell her what your dream wedding is, and she will make it happen! She truly knows what she is doing. Very professional in what she does! She decorated the whole church for my ceremony and decorated my whole reception area! It was all perfect! I will always have wonderful memories of my wedding because of Mary!

Sent on 08/04/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Mayra! You were such a wonderful bride to work with. I wanted to make sure you had the day you had always dreamed of. It was my pleasure!

Heather · Married on 07/25/2015

A Lovely Affair did an amazing job planning and keeping us focused during the process of preparing for my son's wedding. There are so many details, small and large, that I didn't think of. Mary made this time enjoyable by guiding me through all the things that needed to be completed. Because of her professionalism and her nurturing nature, the wedding and reception were magical. I cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 08/08/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Heather! Your son's wedding was so much fun and definitely unique! I appreciate all of you letting A Lovely Affair Weddings be part of the celebration.

kay · Married on 01/31/2015

Excellent service. Lovely affair provided a great service and a very good value.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/29/2014

My whole experience with A Lovely Affair was great! I rented my table linens for my wedding reception through them and Mary was so easy to work with and very helpful! The linens were beautiful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Caity · Married on 11/08/2014

A Lovely Affair definitely made my dream wedding a reality. She took everything I wanted and ran with it. She definitely made the big day less stressful because we didn't have to worry about a thing. She was always available to meet prior to the wedding and very easy to communicate with. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/30/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Caity your day was fabulous! Thank you for allowing A Lovely Affair to be a part of it!

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

I rented burlap table runners with lace trim on both sides from A Lovely Affair! They were beautiful and everything was easy to pick up and drop off afterwards! Thanks again!!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Belle · Married on 06/27/2014

Mary was wonderful to work with. She had great ideas and was so willing to secure decorative items for the event. I was really impressed with her creativity. Her talent and services really made our son's wedding rehearsal special. I highly recommend her and will definitely be using her services in the future

Sent on 02/09/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Belle! Can't wait to work on your daughter's wedding!

Brittney · Married on 04/26/2014

A Lovely Affair was absolutely wonderful to work with. They helped make our wedding day not only beautiful, but run smoothly. Communication and planning prior to the end were excellent, allowing us to rest easy. I would highly recommend A Lovely Affair.

Sent on 01/22/2015

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Beautiful bride and beautiful day! Thank you for allowing A Lovely Affair to be a part of your special day.

Suzanne · event on: 11/02/2013

My sister-in-law's baby shower was perfect thanks to A Lovely Affair. Mary and her team had great ideas on how to incorporate the elephant theme and the colors yellow/gray that we wanted. It was precious. They were easy to work with, always professional and very organized. The food was delicious. Our guests raved about all of it! We never had to worry about a thing. Mary and her team took care of every detail. Thanks for making it such a special day for our family and friends! We will definitely be calling A Lovely Affair again.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Ella · Married on 07/07/2012

As a wedding vendor, we had the privilege to work with A Lovely Affair. We have worked many, many weddings and we can honestly say working with A Lovely Affair has been a dream! Mary is organized, professional and passionate about what she does. She coordinates, plans and communicates extremely well to ensure the day runs flawlessly. We hope to do many more weddings with her in the future. She's awesome at what she does!

Sent on 01/07/2016

A Lovely Affair Weddings and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was my pleasure working with you. You helped ensure the bride and groom had a lovely affair! Looking forward to future weddings with you.

Debra · Married on 03/17/2018

A Lovely Affair, Mary, was wonderful during our journey. I had never been a part of a large event like this. Mary made it seemless. She answered any emails, questions and concerns quickly and efficiently. When there were things that we didn't agree upon, we worked toward a compromise that benefited us equally. The wedding went off without a hitch that was visible to me, and that is the vibe we were going for. Low stress and no worries. Trust her... she will have your best interest at heart.

Sent on 04/10/2018