A Little Something White Bridal Couture Reviews

A Little Something White Bridal Couture 5
A Little Something White Bridal Couture 6
A Little Something White Bridal Couture 7

Thais · Married on 07/08/2017

I don't have enough positive words to describe my wonderful experience with A Little Something White and Ashley. ALSW is truly special: the place is super charming and the people working there are more than welcoming - I feel that's exactly how shopping for your wedding dress should be like and I wouldn't change a thing.

Before finding my dress at ALSW, I visited a lot of stores in NYC and I'm 100% sure that none of them would offer the same treatment that I received at ALSW, nor have the same vibe. Before visiting them for the first, I was almost deciding for a different dress, something that I've shared with them. But then I saw my dress at ALSW and everything changed... I was never pressured to choose their dress - Ashley even made compliments on the other dress when I shared my doubts. I spent a week trying to decide... And I remember thinking that it would maybe be harder to give up the experience of buying my dress at ALSW than the dress itself!!!

Many months later, when the dress finally arrived, all the way from Israel, there were some details that I wasn't happy about (all because I decided to change some things on the original dress). And I thought that nothing could be done about it at that point, since the dress came from such a long distance and we only had 2 more weeks before I had to leave for my wedding. BUT nothing is impossible to Ashley: she contacted the designer and had extra fabric and lace delivered in a WEEK - from Israel to CT. How impressive is that?! She even called the FedEx guy and made him come back on the same day when the first delivery attempt failed - something they don't usually do. The alterations were made very fast and they did everything possible to accommodate all my appointments in a little time. Like I said: you wouldn't get this type of treatment anywhere else.

I truly recommend ALSW to all brides out there and I hope they fell in love with a dress here too... Because I'm sure only good things will follow! :)

Sent on 06/22/2017

Kim · Married on 06/24/2017

I started early looking for dresses and went to at least 5 places. ALSW is a best in class operation. Amber went ABOVE and BEYOND for me. She knew exactly how to read me, communicated in a polite manner and always followed-up. She made recommendations based on what I would like and was never pushy and always professional. I would HIGHLY recommend ALSW to anyone looking for wedding dresses.

Sent on 03/13/2017

I can not say enough about how amazing everyone is at A Little Something White. From the moment I made my appointment, everyone was so professional and made the occasion very exciting. Liz has been such a delight to work with, and has definitely made the process stress free and fun. Not only did I get my bridal gown at A Little Something White, my bridesmaids found their dresses there as well. My girls rave about their experiences with Liz as well- she's been informative and made sure everyone is on the same page and organized. If you haven't visited A Little Something White yet, I highly recommend you check it out! They have something for everyone!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

I had the such a wonderful experience purchasing my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at A Little Something White. From beginning to end the experience was pleasant, simple, and organized.
    Working with Kim was wonderful, she was patient with me as I determined what style of dress I liked best and worked best for my body. Kim had excellent suggestions and advice and never made me feel rushed or pressured. She was also extremely helpful during the process of picking my bridesmaid dresses. She was extremely helpful with facilitating the ordering process of my bridesmaid dresses-she contacted all my bridesmaids and made sure they submitted payment in a timely manner so there were no issues with timing or alterations. This was incredibly helpful and was one less thing I needed to worry about while wedding planning.
    Everyone I encountered at A Little Something White was so helpful and kind. Ashley, the owner, is so lovely and was such a pleasure to work with and talk to.
    Bridgette, the seamstress, was also amazing. She was so flexible with accommodating my schedule for fittings (as an out of town bride), she even held fitting appointments in her home. Bridgette did beautiful work, she got the fit and alterations absolutely perfect. My dress fit like a glove!
    Overall, I can't possibly begin to express my gratitude to all the staff at A Little Something White for making the dress buying and alteration process so seamless and stress-free. I would recommend them to any bride to be!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Courtney · Married on 03/11/2017

I had a wonderful experience working with Ashley and the A Little Something White team. I was exasperated with my experience shopping for wedding dresses in Manhattan and was limited on lead time with ordering my dress which added to the stress (<4 months away from my wedding). I was referred to Ashley and it was just what I needed. She took a patient, personal and accommodating approach yet was very diligent with getting the process done. I'm thrilled with my dress and am also happy that I was able to support a small, yet growing business vs. the larger bridal shops of NYC.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Vanessa · Married on 10/22/2016

What an amazing store. I knew from the minute I walked in that I would get my gown here. The store itself is beautiful - exactly how a bridal shop should look. The staff was amazing and professional. I worked with Amber and I felt she truly understood what I was looking for. The first dress she pulled out and showed me ended up being my dress. She nailed it immediately! I tried on many other beautiful dresses, but ultimately went with the first one and I couldn’t have been happier. They were incredibly organized and thorough with everything - from the sizing, to the fitting appointments, to the accessories. One of the most amazing parts of working with A Little Something White was getting to work with their amazing seamstress, Bridget. She was an absolute dream to work with. Her attention to detail and expertise was impressive. I felt like she treated me the same way she would treat her own daughter - wanting nothing but the best. Two days before my wedding when I went to pick up my dress and I was devastated that the weather had taken a turn for our big day, she talked to me with such care and recommended I rent a fur shrug from ALSW and I am so glad I did. Was our wedding day cold? Yes! But did the fur look beautiful in our pictures? YES! My dress fit PERFECTLY and the accessories were stunning. And it was all thanks to Bridget. I can’t recommend this store enough. They were wonderful to work with and simply amazing.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Kate · Married on 10/15/2016

Kim and Bridget and the rest of the team at a Little Something White are the BEST! After visiting several boutiques, none compared. After speaking with Kim for only a few minutes, she understood my style and picked my dress almost right away. She is extremely knowledgeable and was able to size me perfectly and my dress fit like a glove and I needed minimal alterations. Although my alterations were minimal, Bridget one of the boutique's seamstresses, was a joy to work with and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. She provided guidance regarding the type of bustle that would work best with my dress, and it looked perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Tara · Married on 10/01/2016

I can't say enough good things about A Little Something White and the entire team. First, the store is beautiful, you know its special when you walk in the door. Second, the gowns are gorgeous and a wide variety of styles/fabrics/designers/prices. The have some fantastic smaller designers that give you a real personal experience. Third, they really take care of you through the entire process to the point I asked after my wedding if I could just come back and hang out because I missed being around everyone. Don't be intimidated by this store its warm welcoming and a place you'll leave feeling like family!

Sent on 10/29/2016

This shop is light, bright, airy and has all of their gowns out to see and touch. It is how every bridal salon should be--I was amazed when I went to a different shop after ALSW and they brought me into a dark dressing room and the consultant had to drag (literally drag them on the floor) the gowns out from a back room and I couldn't see what I was selecting. The service by Amber and all of the girls I was in contact with throughout the process was also incredible. Gave excellent reccomendations for dresses and wasn't pushy at all. I also ended up buying all of my accessories there the same day (veil, earrings, belt) because they did such a great job of pulling everything together. We went on a week day and were the only ones there! Such a relaxing, incredible experience. Also, their seamstress Bridget is absolutely fabulous. She truly knows what she is talking about and made my dress fit perfectly, including building an illusion neckline from scratch onto my strapless gown. Definitely recommend this bridal shop.

Sent on 07/18/2016

A Little Something White Bridal Couture's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience! We feel so lucky to have worked with you for your wedding day and so happy you enjoyed your experience with A Little Something White! Xoxo, the ALSW team

Mallory · Married on 06/25/2016

I am THRILLED to be working with A Little Something White, and the team in Darien. These women are all polished professionals who have made shopping for a dress, a once in a lifetime experience, truly a dream. They have been incredibly responsive, encouraging and accommodating. The showroom is stunning, and every trip has been such a positive and truly fun experience. Now that I've picked a dress, I can't wait to go through the alterations process in the coming months with these women - who feel like friends! Thanks, ALSW. Can't wait!

Sent on 09/08/2015

This shop is awesome. It's very clean and sophisticated on both the inside and out and has nice lighting, hardwood floors and plush pillows making the whole experience very pleasant. The sales woman was great. She wasn't pushy and didn't hover over me. She let me, my sisters and mom browse the store and pull dresses we liked within my budget. She helped me try on each dress and helped me narrow it down to one choice without me realizing I was choosing my wedding dress that day. Good for them and good for me :) Good selection at all price ranges (I was in the $1,500 range) and the service was outstanding. Payment and communication afterwards to set up the fitting was seamless. I didn't get my alterations there because I live in Brooklyn but they work with a seamstress in Brooklyn who they coordinated the shipping of my dress with. Overall great experience! Would recommend to anyone. This was my second wedding dress shop on just one day of shopping, couldn't have been easier.

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • JT2016

Toyin · Married on 04/30/2016

Beautiful salon with an amazing staff. The process of choosing my dress and the fittings were great from beginning to end. I was so impressed with my first appointment in which Amber took her time to help me try on many dresses. She gave me suggestions and seemed to pick up on my style quickly. They are very accommodating, personable and the customer service is superb. The experience was enjoyable and the champagne is a nice touch. It was also pretty cool to meet the designer of my dress at one of their trunk shows and I would recommend this to any future brides. If you are in the area, this is the boutique to use!

Services Used

Dress & Attire

Sent on 09/24/2016

After visiting many bridal stores, I knew I was going to finally find my dress the second I stepped foot in ALSW. ALSW is an amazingly beautiful salon with a great selection of gowns. Amber was beyond helpful helping me select my dream dress and making a last minute appointment with Ashley to bring in my mom and sister before ordering. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 09/26/2015

I honestly have nothing but good things to say about A Little Something White or the owner, Ashley. Firstly, I loved ,my dress more than I can possibly say. It was PERFECT for me. I went into my appointment saying that I wanted a certain kind of dress and while Amber totally listened to me and pulled a bunch that fit what I asked for, she also asked me a favor: "Will you just try this one on for me? I think it would look great." At first I was kind of thrown, but I tried it on so as not to be rude. First dress I tried on and it was the one I bought. They just know what they're doing. Also, and this is really to their credit, there was a misunderstanding in something I said I wanted, which came in totally different than what I was expecting. While it was frustrating at the time, I was SO impressed with how well ALSW handled it. They got it fixed and made sure I was happy and treated me with the utmost respect. They really made me feel that not only the dress, but the experience, was tailored to me. They also got my dress shipped out to me in Los Angeles and even were able to recommend a great seamstress to me for alterations, all the way across the country. I could not be happier with the experience. Oh, and yes, like other people say, Ashley is the absolute sweetest.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2015

A Little Something White is a true gem in the world of bridal salons. The staff was extremely friendly, no pressure, and helped guide me towards the dress of my dreams. Ultimately, I did need some alterations as most dresses require - but Bridget did a fabulous job. They have gorgeous jewelry to boot! So happy with everything. Would highly recommend looking here for your dress; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/22/2015

kate · Married on 06/06/2015

Can't say enough about A Little Something White. First of all, the owner, Ashley, and her team make it their mission to ensure every bride has the most happy, warm experience in their salon. From the impeccable décor, to the exquisite bridal gown/bridesmaids collections, and then the amazing service you get, this really is the cream of the crop when it comes to salons. From the second I walked in and met Ashley and her team, I knew I had found the place for me. I've never met such warm, inviting people. Some bridal salons can be really rude, Ashley prides herself on being the warm, awesome person that she is. I ordered the most perfect Sareh Nouri gown, multiple pieces of jewelry from the Something Old Collection, and Alvina Valenta bridesmaids dresses. I am STILL (one month after my wedding) receiving comments about how stunning the gown was!! Bridget (the seamtress) is also the best in the business. My gown fit PERFECT!!! I absolutely love this store, this team, and will forever recommend them to anyone and everyone. They made my wedding dreams come true!! Thanks ALSW!!!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Jackie · Married on 12/31/2014

Buying a wedding dress was a bit of an overwhelming experience for me, but A Little Something White made it special and fun from start to finish. I can't say enough how sweet and helpful all of the staff at the store are. On the day we purchased the dress, they gave us champagne to celebrate and made it a truly memorable experience. Any time that I had a question about anything, I was responded to almost immediately. I highly recommend buying your wedding dress at A Little Something White!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Julia · Married on 10/11/2014

From the first email I received from Ashley, the owner, and Amber, I felt like I was an important customer. I had a wonderful experience trying on wedding dresses and after trying on 2 dresses at another store and 4 or 5 at A Little Something White I decided on my wedding gown. I am so excited! They were very helpful, gave me as much time as I wanted to walk around in the gowns and made me feel comfortable. They talked me through different options and when I went to the trunk show I got my dress and veil. My mom and dad, future mother in law and a couple of my girlfriends came with me and also had a great experience. We are buying our bridemaids dresses from there for the wedding too and they have been incredibly helpful in coordinating for my bridal party. I would highly recommend A Little Something White to any bride for her gown and her bridemaids dresses. I am most likely going to have my flower girl also get her dress from there. Hoping they add mother of the bride gowns soon.

Sent on 07/11/2013

This bridal salon is THE BEST hands down. I had ordered a dress from another salon and three weeks before my wedding, my dress had STILL not come in. They were giving me such a hard time and basically telling me they had no idea when my dress would be coming in, and they legally didn't have to give me the dress until the date of my wedding. Now in a panic, my mother and I decided that we would go find a new dress, and just sell the original one once it came in (if ever at all). Distraught and discouraged, I went back to A Little Something White to see if they could do anything for me, I had shopped there months before and they were SO sweet.

ALL of the women there were absolute angels. Kim, my consultant, and Amber, the consultant who originally helped me, assured me that I would not only have a dress for my wedding, but it would be perfect. Kim put me in every sample dress that would fit me, and even some dresses that were store samples that were not for sale. They said if there was anything that I liked they would sell it to me, since we were pretty limited on what I can order in such a short amount of time. I ended up finding the most beautiful gown that fit me perfectly, and they were able to make minor alterations in a few short weeks. 2 weeks later I was able to pick up my dress and go get married in a dress that was perfect.

The employees at ALSW did not have to do what they did, but it means the world to me that they were so sweet and helpful, during an extremely stressful time. Ashley, Amber and Kim were absolutely incredible, and Bridget my seamstress was a miracle worker to do the alterations on such a time timeline. I have (and will continue to) recommended them to any bride getting married especially if you want grade-A service. It is really true that you get what you pay for, and my dress and the feeling I had wearing it that day were priceless. And so are the women at A Little Something White.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Carolyn · Married on 09/05/2014

LOVE LOVE LOVE A Little Something White! I went to seven different places before going to A Little Something White and it was such a huge difference from all the other stores. I don't know why I didn't make it my first stop in the beginning! The minute you walk into the building you notice the professionalism and difference from the other bridal stores. The store is incredibly organized and well designed. And the whole team is amazing. Kim was very patient with me while I tried on dozens of dresses, Ashley was so helpful in making sure that I was happy with my dress and that we were able to meet all deadlines and Bridget was awesome through the entire alterations process. She's so talented and knows exactly what she's doing. The team (it really was a whole staff effort) also helped me pick the perfect veil and earrings to match my dress. I had so many compliments on my wedding day. I couldn't have been any happier with my experience there and I encourage all brides to make it their first stop.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Arlene · Married on 08/16/2014

This boutique bridal store provides everything a bride needs to feel special. Ashley understands her business and has selected lines of very fine wedding gowns that provide variety in regard to style and price range. Once the gown was selected, most of our time was spent with Bridget, who did the alterations. There are not enough stars to provide a rating for her!!! She is an artist and delightful to work with. I recommend A Little Something White Bridal Couture without reservation!

Sent on 09/06/2014

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share what an absolutely wonderful experience I had with A Little Something White Bridal. I so truly appreciated their respectful approach, thoughtful advice, and sincere partnership through the process. Start to finish, it truly exceeded every expectation I had...and also eased my nervousness. Selecting THE dress you want to be married in is such a personal experience- for so many reasons. With their terrific team we selected the most gorgeous dress, and our customer experience was flawlessly professional. Even after we had chosen the gown and paid our deposit, we continue to feel like a priority; receiving email responses at all hours, promptly returned phone calls, and cheery advice . A terrific, and truly unique blend of a reliable friend and thorough business partner. I am so very thankful for ALSW and am honored to help get the great word out.

Sent on 01/26/2014

Heather · Married on 06/01/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Ashley and her team. She is interested and engaging with all of her customers and makes everyone feel absolutely at home. She takes the time to really talk with you and get a feel for what you want as well as put you at your ease…no easy task with anxious brides-to-be! And she carries the most spectacular collection of dresses! I also appreciated the fact that you could walk through the dresses she carries if you didn't have a good idea of what you were looking for.

Sent on 06/30/2014

lynsey · Married on 05/31/2014

Ashley and her team at A Little Something White were incredible!! Everything from the service, gown selection, accessories were excellent. I worked very closely with the seamstress, Bridgette, to create a shawl/bolero which I wore for the ceremony. She is so talented! I could not of been happier with my dress. It was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

Ashley and Amber were fabulous, I recommend this bridal salon to ALL of my friends who are engaged! The service is wonderful and they have a beautifully curated collection of gowns. They were able to work well within my price points and when I wanted to try on dresses that were outside my budget, they let me know in advance so I wouldn\'t fall too much in love with a dress I couldn\'t afford. They also have a beautiful collection of accessories. They offer wonderful personalized service and give you plenty of time in your appointment so you never feel rushed.\r\n\r\nI also had my alterations done by Bridget, unfortunately she is only there Mondays and Thursdays, but she did an amazing job on my alterations, my dress fit me PERFECTLY and she even added 3 extra ties to my bustle when I mentioned that I wasn\'t sure how I felt about dancing in my dress (I had a french/under bustle). \r\n\r\nWonderful place, check them out!

Sent on 02/06/2014