A Little Imagination Cakes Reviews

A Little Imagination Cakes 5
A Little Imagination Cakes 6
A Little Imagination Cakes 7

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2014

There aren’t enough words to describe how thrilled I was with A Little Imagination Cakes and their work on my 9/21 wedding cake. I met Hope at the Hartford Bridal Expo last year and I was just floored by the beauty and detail in her work. I knew that she was who I wanted to make my wedding cake. I work in the art field and as a very detail-oriented person (and as a bride with cake pretty high on my priority list) I had very specific vision of what I wanted my cake to be. I wanted a bright, artistic, watercolor cake with ruffles, and Hope sure delivered. She was genuinely interested and excited in my ideas, and once she whipped out her shoebox of colored pencils to start sketching, I knew she was the perfect fit for me. Hope’s cake was very tasty and her prices were super reasonable for the level of artistic detail involved. She was easy to work and communicate with, was very receptive to my ideas and also offered her professional opinion. I decided to do cake and cupcakes because hubby and I loved too many flavors- we had red velvet/chocolate mousse, lemon/vanilla buttercream, and coconut/coconut. I was completely confident in her abilities, but was still amazed by how gorgeous AND tasty my cake was. Hope hit it out of the park—it was completely perfect. We got so many compliments on how fantastic the cake was. I highly, highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to any bride who wants a cake that is equal parts gorgeous and delicious.

Sent on 10/28/2014

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! We LOVED making your wedding cake!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2014

I am still dreaming about my wedding cake. Four tiers of sugared glittery perfection. Obsessed. From start to finish, we had an amazing experience with Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes. During our planning meeting, we had the chance to show her a few of the ideas we had in mind for design ideas, all while sampling, of course. She had a few cake flavors to sample, along with a few fillings, and buttercream. We were able to mix and match, putting together our top combination of flavors. By the end of the session, she had a sketch ready for us. On the wedding day, one of my bridesmaids came running upstairs shouting, “OMG, your cake is AMAZING.” True story, our cake made it to Instagram before we did. The design was even better than we could have imagined (all glitter!), and guests continue to rave about how delicious it was. No saving the top layer for a year later– we brought it with us on our mini-moon, ordered room service champagne, and ate it for breakfast. Perfect way to start the day! Not just your standard "wedding cake," so much better. Thank you Hope!

Sent on 10/31/2014

We loved everything about our wedding cake! Not only was it a showstopper, but it also tasted fantastic. To be honest, we ate all of our left overs in the hotel room. Hope was easy to work with, a lot of fun and always professional. Her ideas and suggestions brought our idea to life and we are thankful.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Alex · Married on 08/16/2014

Awesome to work with, very easy and flexible, a beautiful cake and no doubt we made the right decision.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Sierra · Married on 07/19/2014

Hope made our wedding cake, and it was gorgeous *and* delicious! Seriously, everyone raved about it. But perhaps the best experience was meeting with Hope and talking about our cake--I wasn't a bride that was really into wedding planning, but Hope took my lack of opinion in total stride (I had no idea what colors I wanted, what kind of cake, how many tiers, what flavors, etc etc). She gently led me down the path to picking the *perfect* cake. It fit our decor (hand-sewn bunting everywhere at a tented reception) and she literally made tons of little bunting flags and strung them on the cake. It blew my mind and made me cry it was so perfect! She took minor venue snafus in stride as well (they didn't have a table ready for her when she delivered the cake) and was just totally professional in every way. It was seriously a highlight of the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 10/08/2014

John · Married on 06/28/2014

"Gorgeous, delicious, inspiring," these were just a few words from our guests to describe the perfect cake that Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes created for our wedding. From the moment we sat down for our tasting and consultation in Middletown to placing the Anniversary Tier in our freezer, we can't get over how wonderful Hope's wedding cake is. Even after an excellent meal at our venue guests finished every last bite of their cake. Hope is the woman to hire as you design the perfect final course of your most important meal. Thanks, Johnny&Adam

Sent on 06/30/2014

Cammie · event on 06/08/2014

I am still getting phone calls and e-mails from our guests about the beautiful shower cake that Hope made for my daughter's bridal shower. It was a three tier purple ombre cake that not only looked great but was delicious too. When I described what I was looking for she immediately knew what I wanted. When it was delivered to the venue, the staff all commented about how beautiful it was and even the chef came out to see it. I highly recommend this bakery.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Carole · Married on 06/06/2014

I went to Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes for my June 2014 wedding. I met with her and showed her a few ideas and she ran away with it and made the most beautiful, classic and delicious cake ever. My husband was deployed at the time and was not able to try it until the wedding, and he still says to this day he wants more cake from her. Thanks again!

Carole,
    Connecticut

Sent on 03/05/2015

Our caterer suggested two different bakers to us, andboth of them were a disappointment for us. We knew we wanted something different and figured it was worth a shot to try a little imagination cakes. We were hooked once we met with Hope, tasted and talked design. Hope was able to design a cake that was almost to pretty to eat. One of the nice things was that my now mother in law surprised me with a bridal shower cake from her and Hope made sure the incorporate a few touches from our design into the shower cake. Thank you and sorry for taking so long to review you.

Sent on 10/31/2014

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much we loved making your cake!!

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2014

A Little Imagination Cakes came highly recommended and did not disappoint! Not only was our cake gorgeous and everything I had envisioned it was delicious!! Hope was professional, accommodating and creative!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Stacey · Married on 03/29/2014

Awesome all around and even went the extra mile to coordinate with our theme on short notice!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Brian · Married on 03/08/2014

Hope was amazing and all of our guests loved the cake and we can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to have our top of our cake!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

we got so many compliments on our cake! everyone loved it, they said they've never had such good wedding cake!!!! Hope, the owner, is awesome. We stopped by without an appointment, just because we were in the area, she made time for us and wasn't bothered with our showing up. we plan on using them for future events!!!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/28/2013

After narrowing down my top 3 bakers based off of reviews/online portfolios- I knew very quickly into meeting Hope that I would want her designing my wedding cake! In other consultations, there was the usual discussion about what I'm looking for, then they would show me more pictures of their work and would ask if I wanted something similar to specific photos they were showing me. With Hope, I showed her my inspiration images/discussed what I wanted and she immediately grabbed her pencil and paper and got to work at drawing the a picture of exactly what I wanted as if she had read my mind.

She designed three different cakes- 1 large and 2 smaller with lace/peonies/pearls/ruffles and then a bunch of cupcakes to be arranged all around the cakes(by having cupcakes- I was able to save a lot of money instead of having the cakes large enough to serve all of the guests). Her cakes were also absolutely delicious- my guy wasn't able to make the consultation and she sent me home with huge pieces for him to try(automatic thumbs up in our book ;-) ) Not only was she able to draw my vision, but she completely delivered on my wedding day and made an absolutely beautiful wedding cakes/cupcakes that my guests couldn't stop raving about!
    She took my entire vision and brought it to life and I cannot thank her enough for making the perfect cake(s)- A Little Imagination Cakes rocks!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Jillian · Married on 08/02/2013

We had an incredible experience with Hope and ALIC! During our consultation, she drew up a design based on our Art Deco/Southwestern invitation and we immediately fell in love. Though we only wanted a small cake for cutting, (dessert was officially strawberry shortcake) Hope was willing to take us on and designed a 3-tier, 3 flavored masterpiece on a small scale. She truly went above and beyond, going to far as to deliver our cake to our venue to save us a pick up trip. I would recommend A Little Imagination to any bride- delicious, beautiful cakes, and SO fun to work with!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2013

Love them! We got to pick two different flavors for our cake which were delicious! It was so much fun sitting down with Hope and designing the colors and style I wanted. On our wedding day to see our beautiful cake displayed for all of our guest to enjoy was great. I'm a huge peanut butter lover and Hope said she would make our cake for our one year anniversary peanut butter filled just for me. With a little touch like that makes you feel so special and that's why I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Hope is amazing! For a couple who doesn't really eat dessert, she certainly got us excited for what turned out to be a beautiful and delicious cake!

We went to Hope with just a few loose ideas. By the time we left we had tasted some amazing sweet treats and Hope had sketched an amazing cake that fit us perfectly! She asked us just the right questions that gave her the answers she needed to fill in the blanks and create a masterpiece!

The day of, our cake was flawless...beautiful...and so us! We received so many comments on how cool it was.

Hope is also very friendly, easy going and always has a smile. Makes doing business with her very easy.

So very happy with the results!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Keri · Married on 10/14/2012

I went through A Little Imagination Cakes for our groom's cake. My now hubby has an obsession with Dragon Ball Z, an anime cartoon (I know, I know)... and I thought it would be a great surprise to have something special for him that brought his favorite cartoon to life. A Little Imagination Cakes did a great job designing a cake that brought all of the elements to life and the cake itself was tasty. Visually, the cake was a work of art and hubby was pleasantly surprised! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/25/2012

Jes · Married on 10/13/2012

Amazing cake decorating techniques and delicious cake! Hope was very sweet and professional too!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Peter · Married on 10/06/2012

I have used Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes for parties in the past with great success so it was a no-brainer that she should do the cake for my wedding. Dealing with Hope is a pleasure, she is always available for consultations and questions. I have been asked by a few wedding guests for her information and was more than happy to oblige.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Kelly · Married on 08/26/2012

LOVED my cake! Sitting down to taste and design my cake was a blast. She knew exactly what I wanted before I did but was willing to listen to me babble. It was such a masterpiece!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2012

Hope is awesome and can create whatever your imagination can come up with! Not to mention her cakes taste amazing!!!! Very unique and affordable!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Chantal · Married on 07/22/2012

Hope and her staff made the most wonderful cupcake tower for our July 22nd wedding and we would absolutely recommend her!!! After a VERY tasty and personal trial we went with red velvet cupcakes with butter cream frosting. Many of our guests commented on how tasty these treats were and NOT TO MENTION...THE TOWER WAS GORGEOUS!

Also. as a surprise to my husband, I requested that Hope make a groom's cake which looked exactly like our German Shepherd. Not only was this cake incredibly affordable, but she absolutely nailed it, caught every detail of our dog, and my husband was blown away!!

Hope knows how to work with you (even from across the country like she did with us!). She is professional, friendly, and definitely the one you want for your wedding cake!

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/22/2012

I was married on April 22, 2012 and had a wedding cake included as part of my wedding package. At the time, I was happy with what I had (a very basic cake with our monogram on it) UNTIL.... I had the AMAZING and fortunate opportunity to work with Hope on a secondary photoshoot using another wedding cake. WHAT AN UTTERLY FABULOUS JOB SHE DID WITH THE IDEAS THAT WE GAVE HER!!! I look back now and desperately wish that I had known about Hope and her services for my actual wedding day. My husband and I had a comic book themed wedding, and I've got to say - she BROUGHT IT TO LIFE! From the Batman head as the top of the cake, to the Superman cape in the middle tier and ALL the amazingly intricate details of putting our comic book invitation ON the actual cake itself! COMPLETELY blown away. Puts my "wedding package cake" to utter shame! Brides, if you are looking for a way to WOW your guests, HOPE is the one to go to! She is super friendly and sweet and a breeze to work with. NOT to mention that the cake was DELICIOUS too! I hope to be able to work with her again in the future. DON'T STICK WITH THE PACKAGE CAKE - GO WITH HOPE!!! SHE IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Ray · Married on 10/21/2011

The cupcakes were delicious and the design was EXACTLY how we wanted it. Hope is a gifted artist and baker, her talents made our wedding presentation and taste that much better. I would 100% recommend her to anyone in the area.

Sent on 11/10/2011