A La Carte Catering + Event Design Reviews

62 | Warrenton, VA

62 Reviews for A La Carte Catering + Event Design

Allison Marentette · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful rehearsal dinner in the Virginia countryside

Flawless execution and fabulous food! A La Carte was a fantastic partner that helped me give my son and his bride a wonderful rehearsal dinner. The menu was creative, innovative and delicious. Our event manager was incredibly supportive and anticipated my every need. The whole experience was incredible and I highly recommend that you partner with them for your event.

Sent on 11/09/2018

A La Carte Catering + Event Design's reply:

Allison, the pleasure was ours. The room looked stunning. You hosted a beautiful event and we were honored to be part of it. Best to all of you!

Brielle · Married on 09/07/2018

Finding a caterer can be overwhelming because it's such a huge part of the event. As mother of the bride I researched several different caterers. My daughter wasn't local yet so once I had quotes and menus I sent the info to my daughter and they narrowed down the choices base on the food choices. The initial person I was speaking with at A la Carte went above and beyond to get our business and that completely impressed me! She listened to everything I said and made suggestions based on that. Ultimately when down to 2 vendors they chose A la Carte. Throughout the process they were extrmely helpful and offered suggestions, as well as eased my mind during frantic melt downs. Tasting was perfect, they were so attentive and kind! The wedding was amazing! The food delicious! The staff was AWESOME! Our supervisor Merril is the real deal. She knows what she is doing!! If you are looking for great food, and a caterer that works with you until the very end to make your event a success, then you have found your caterer! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/09/2018

A La Carte Catering + Event Design's reply:

Brielle, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review. You, Braxton and your mother were pure joy to work with. You made the process so much fun! Please don't be strangers. Come visit us at Farm Station Cafe...would love to see your photos. All our best, the team at A la Carte!

Janice & Tim · Married on 12/31/2017

A La Carte was amazing. We worked with Hannah throughout and she was so sweet, helpful, and responsive. The food was incredible (we both loved every bite)! The only thing we were a bit surprised about was the portion size of the meals. At our tasting the portions were significantly larger than what we got at the wedding. But every guest who mentioned the food commented on how delicious everything was and no one went home hungry. We'd use them again for sure!

Sent on 01/02/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

Overjoyed to have had a la Carte as our caterer and event coordinator for our wedding! They did an outstanding job with all of planning and execution. We did passed hors d’oeuvres, a plated dinner with a meat, vegetarian, or child’s option, and a big dessert spread with mini desserts and wedding cake. From the start, they had phenomenal ideas which got us excited for the big day. We utilized their day-of coordination services and could not have been happier with our coordinator, Merril! They have rentals which we incorporated with the venue to give it a more personal and romantic feel. The staff at ALC is so incredibly friendly and helpful throughout the entire service. Our guests were so satisfied and left feeling very full! A la Carte is worth every penny and we will continue to use them for other events!!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Cameron · Married on 10/14/2017

We used A la Carte for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception and we could not have been happier. Our initial tasting was amazing and we got so many compliments on the passed appetizers and the main courses the day of! Karen was very easy to work with and we were able to adjust the menus as needed throughout the process. Food was a priority for us and a la Carte did not disappoint!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Karen and A La Carte. Right from the start, Karen treated me and my fiance like family, always going out of her way to make sure we were happy with everything, from start to finish. I know that people probably say that a lot, but it really is true. During the course of my wedding planning, I had a very sudden and unexpected death in my family. I was in contact with Karen at that time because we were working on our contract with her, and she was so understanding about us not being able to go over the contract at that time. She even sent a full catered meal to my house, free of charge (and without being asked to do so), and emailed me to check in on me. I cannot imagine any other caterer doing so much for a bride.

Besides how wonderful Karen was personally, she and ALC were also fantastic professionally. They were always responsive to emails and had no issues when we wanted to make changes to our menu. And speaking of the food, it was incredible! People are still telling me that it was delicious and not only was the best food they have had a wedding, but some of the best food they have ever had, period! I have one friend who is obsessed with steak, and he said his steak at the wedding was the best he had ever had anywhere!

They also did a great job with the service during the reception. They were so efficient at getting out all of the food, and there was always someone checking on me and my husband to make sure we had everything we needed. Merrill and Dejan in particular were fantastic!

I cannot recommend ALC highly enough. You will not be disappointed with them!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Moira · Married on 09/03/2017

We had a great experience with A La Carte catering and would highly recommend them for your next event. The planning process went smoothly and they considered all my needs. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! They were very conscious during our event to be sure everything was done as planned but willing to make any adjustments as needed. The staff was helpful, pleasant and went to extra mile to be sure we were happy. Thank you for making our special event so memorable!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Brian · Married on 06/24/2017

You and your team did a super job! Many, many compliments from our guests.

Thank you and your team for delivering a first class experience that helped make our wedding celebration a wonderful success. Outstanding service and quality of food !

Sent on 06/28/2017

Kyle · Married on 03/25/2017

Angela was incredibly responsive and flexible when we needed to adjust numbers. A guest of ours who writes a food blog said it was the best wedding food she had ever had. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Becky · Married on 10/15/2016

We used A La Carte to cater our daughter's wedding for about 180. After having long discussions and tastings with several other DMV caterers, our choice of A La Carte was an easy one. Working with Karen Baker, Chelsea and all of the other staff was such a pleasant experience, especially when this is usually the largest and one of the potentially most difficult vendor categories. Everyone was extremely responsive throughout the 14 month process through to the end of the wedding. Every email and phone call was answered or returned promptly, and was always with a creative and "can-do" attitude. We had several catering components to the day so it gave us a great picture of their great work. They set up and provided a cocktail hour which included a Champagne Bar, a Mac-n-Cheese Bar, tomato soup shooters with grilled cheese wedge, delicious empanadas and other passed hors d'oeuvres, including their yummy signature sweet potato ham biscuits. We then had a plated dinner for about 180 which was delicious and coordinated well. The additional staff of Fernando, staff supervisor, and the rest of the staff were superb, efficient, friendly and fun. We then had desert (to accompany cake) from A La Carte, including mini peanut butter pop tarts, pecan bars and key lime tarts and then around 10 pm, delicious Late Night Food of Mini Beef/cheddar Sliders on brioche rolls and French Fry cones fried on the spot with truffle oil. There were a lot of moving parts and they handled them wonderfully. They are an absolute delight to work with throughout and the food is delicious. Our guests also loved it. I would and will use ALC again.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Ruth · Married on 10/08/2016

We cannot sing the praises of A La Carte Catering and more importantly, Angela and her crew, highly enough!! From beginning to the grand finale wedding, the whole experience with this talented group was a total pleasure. Angela's suggestions along the way, attention to detail, and ability to adjust to ever changing weather conditions is a testament to her professionalism and true caring to ensure our daughters wedding was a magical experience. We have received multiple comments from our guest saying how delicious the meal and deserts were, as well as praising the attentive staff. Our daughters dog was a part of the ceremony and one of the staff was thoughtful enough to bring a bowl of water and plate to our Daughter to share some of the delicious food with her Charlie! Another example of this talented team is the guests favors of small jars of honey and maple syrup were arranged in the shape of a hearts, softly lite by candles. Beautiful! The food and service are superb and we highly recommend to anyone the services of A La Carte Catering!!

Ruth & Tom

Sent on 11/10/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

Couldn't be happier with the food and the service! Chelsea was so helpful and very detail oriented which helped us organize and make sure we weren't missing a thing. And the food was amazing! They do the food seasonally so we had the beautiful colors and tastes of fall. The beef and chicken was so delicious and the potatoes were my favorite. People talked about the food all night. We also did an assortment on mini desserts and a cutting cake which were all so tasty we had cheesecake, tiramisu, lemon custard, key lime pie, and cobbler. The set up was adorable!

Sent on 10/04/2016

A La Carte Catering + Event Design's reply:

Thank you Samantha for taking the time to send this wonderful review! We loved working with your vision and making it happen for you. We're thrilled everyone enjoyed the food and service. Best to you and Justin!

leslie · Married on 09/25/2016

A la carte was an absolute gem to work with! They are incredibly professional and responsive and their food is delicious. We worked with Chelsea who was super on top of her game. She answered emails immediately, provided assistance whenever we needed with whatever and was totally on top of many moving pieces (not to mention she had to deal with some personal stuff while we were getting into the final weeks). Their food is delicious and they are lovely to work with - I'd recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 10/01/2016

A La Carte Catering + Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie for taking to time to write such a nice note. We love happy clients! I know Chelsea loved working with you also. Thank you again for choosing A la Carte for your special day. Best wishes, Karen

Jessie · Married on 08/19/2016

Chelsea and the entire team at A la Carte was SO amazing. I would definitely recommend them. They are very reliable & their food is amazing. Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop telling me how delicious the food was. We can't thank you all enough!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Logan · Married on 05/28/2016

Planning a wedding long distance can be challenging for many reasons. One of my biggest stressors was living in the fast paced city of Chicago but getting married in a small mountain town of Virginia. None of the nearby catering vendors were as responsive as I needed and I wasn't completely satisfied with the quality of the services I was finding. Getting nervous about our options, I expanded my search for vendors further away from the venue and thankfully found A La Carte. After emailing and speaking with Chelsea, I felt completely confident in her abilities, professionalism, and responsiveness. We booked A La Carte without even tasting their food and felt totally comfortable in doing so. We gave Chelsea about 4 different types of completely different cuisine and she and her team were able to provide all of them in a cohesive manner and still appease any random, specific requests. Working with ALC was a breeze and made the wedding planning process so easy.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Peggy · Married on 01/30/2016

A La Carte Catering was wonderful!! Chelsea was our consultant and was a pleasure to work with -- she was knowledgeable, personable and very professional. We had to reschedule our wedding due to an historic blizzard hitting the area on the original date of the wedding. A La Carte did not bat an eye. They were able to reschedule everything so the event ran smoothly, as if it had always been planned for that day. The food was delicious, their staff is incredible -- very kind and extremely hardworking while remaining in the background, but right there when you need them. A La Carte did a wonderful job for us!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Nancy · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the reception, and you were the biggest part of that! It was just so wonderful to know that everything would be ready and beautiful when we arrived, and that I didn't have to micromanage anything. The room looked even more beautiful than I expected, and I really liked the special things you had done, like the shimmery silver tablecloths on the family table, and the cute sweetheart table and decor. I know that you and Laura also worked together a lot, and I really appreciate that. You both have the knack of taking the ball and running with it (in a good way!), which really takes a lot of pressure off of the bride and family. I felt completely able to relax and enjoy the day, without feeling like I had to run around making anything happen...even though I know that's what you were probably doing (in a very professional and not stressed-looking way...) :).
    We got so many great comments on the food, and it really was amazing. The quality of everything was exceptional, and all of the guests really loved it. Everyone seemed to love the brunch food, and the stations were a hit. Also, I had multiple people say how wonderful the wait staff was, and how they were so on top of things. They were all so personable too, and made people feel welcome.
    Kathleen and Lucas had an awesome time, as you may have noticed, and I appreciate you all serving them in such a personal way. They felt very special, and just enjoyed every minute of it. It was a memorable start to their life together, and you all were a very big part of that.
    So, thank you so much for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and your sweet presence. We would unreservedly recommend A La Carte to anyone looking for a caterer...especially if you were the event designer... :)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Emilee · Married on 12/31/2015

We hired Al La Carte to do the catering for our wedding on New Years Eve. Our wedding designer was Chelsea, and she was absolutely amazing! She worked with us from day one, helping us to work with our budget and what we envisioned as far as food and design. The provided the tables, chairs, linens, food (we did stations which was AWESOME), bar, and service staff for the food/bar. Chelsea was absolutely amazing, and worked hard to help create and execute the wedding of my dreams.

The staff at Al La Carte for the day of our wedding was super professional and provided outstanding service! My husband and I were attended to the whole night as the bride and groom - which made it extra special for us.

The food was outstanding. Everyone gave us such great feedback on how yummy the food was, and how cool it was to have something different and fun like 'stations' for our wedding, with non-traditional food options! The bar tending and bar service was also amazing!

Overall, Al La Carte is a boutique operation, and that really shows in their quality of work and level of service. Chelsea was amazing in planning the whole thing to match our vision and budget, the staff was amazing and professional, and the food and drinks they provided were outstanding.

I would recommend Al La Carte to anyone who needs catering services for a wedding or upcoming event! Cheers to them and helping to make our wedding a night we will never forget!

Sent on 01/18/2016

I had the most amazing time working with A la Carte catering. The price was slightly higher than the other three options I was looking at but the quality was far superior! A la Carte was the only caterer I interviewed that was willing to try our diverse menu (Italian, American, Afghan, and Persian buffet). Angela Smith is THE BEST and is so much fun to work with. She is very attentive and always responds within 24 hours (although it's often more like 1-2 hours). To top it off all our guests raved about the food at our reception -- they were able to take our family recipes and make them even better. I will definitely be contacting them for any of my future events.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Anna · Married on 10/24/2015

A la carte catering was a fantastic choice. Not only was their food delicious, their staff was courteous, professional, and attentive. They were responsive leading up to the event and put us at ease knowing every detail was going to be taken care of. 5 star company that comes with high recommendations!

Sent on 10/26/2015

There is not enough space to tell you how much my family and I loved working with A La Carte, and especially Colleen, for my wedding. The second we met Colleen for the first time we knew it would be the perfect fit for us! She made us feel like family and went above and beyond for us throughout this entire process. To my fiance and I food was one, if not the most, important aspect of our wedding so we wanted something AMAZING, and that is exactly what A La Carte delivered! The food was not only delicious, but beautiful as well. So thank you A La Carte for playing such a critical role on the most important day of our lives and a special thank you to Colleen! My family and I can not thank you enough for all you did for us! We will always be so grateful!!

Sent on 02/19/2016
  • ebfood

Elisa · Married on 10/18/2015

We were incredibly pleased with all aspects of working with A La Carte for our daughter's October wedding.

To put the food in context: I'm a professional food writer and editor with an emphasis on gluten-free diets, so I am quite particular about food and I wanted this meal to be something special for our guests. The complimentary tasting event in June went a long way to convince me that it would be great -- the food and presentation were both amazing, and they understood the need for gluten-free eaters (including the bride). Of course, you never know whether a preview is going to live up to the actual wedding dinner, but this one certainly did! In fact numerous guests told us it was the BEST wedding food they'd ever had. (Read more about the food here: http://elisabosley.com/2015/11/09/5-tips-to-choose-a-wedding-menu/)

Chelsea was a delight to work with, addressing our and our daughter's numerous questions and decisions (and indecisions!) with patience and grace. On the wedding day she went above and beyond to make sure everything was just right -- always with a huge smile on her face. In addition, the entire ALC staff was truly awesome, pleasant and efficient from setup to takedown.

Thank you, A La Carte!

Sent on 11/09/2015

malerie · Married on 10/11/2015

A La Carte Catering created delicious and amazing food at our wedding on Oct 11, 2015! From the start of the planning process, A La Carte Catering was very helpful on creating both authentic Filipino and American dishes for our family and friends to enjoy. It was such a pleasure working with Chelsea throughout the wedding planning! She was extremely helpful in suggestions on the décor (runners, color schemes, plate setting, etc…) to make sure the room had an elegant and romantic feel. Whenever we had questions or concerns about the food or alcohol, she was very prompt on responding to us. The hors d’oeuvres were a major hit! During cocktail hour, the wedding party was busy with the photographers, however, ALC had servers that brought everyone drinks and food throughout the photo session. The staff was well dressed and professional. My husband and I loved the hors d’oeurvres, the Filipino and American cuisines, and the cute mini desserts that ALC created for our wedding. The presentation was lovely and the whole pig roast was a major hit!

Sent on 11/16/2015

The highest praise we can give to A La Carte catering is that months after our wedding our guests are still talking about how great the food and the service was. We met with Angela of A La Carte early in the wedding planning process, and she was one of several caterers we planned to meet with. After meeting with Angela and tasting the food, we cancelled our meetings with other caterers because we were so impressed.

Unlike some caterers where the samples served are of much higher quality than the food served for the event, the food for our wedding was absolutely amazing – fresh, sophisticated, cooked correctly, and served at the right temperature. The dinner served was of the quality you would expect at a high-end restaurant. We selected a surf and turf menu of filet and crab cakes, along with a strawberry summer salad and a dessert bar – which we paired with wines produced by the winery where our wedding was held - and everything was delicious.

A La Carte’s staff were wonderful to work with. Angela, our coordinator, was always available (often responding to emails late in the evening and on weekends, even while on maternity leave). She met with us at the venue before the event to make sure everything was planned correctly. On the day of our wedding, she was everywhere – making sure that we were eating and making sure that our guests were having a nice time. Her team was also superb – constantly coming up to us and making sure our glasses were full. Many of our guests commented on how great and friendly the service was.

We cannot say enough about Angela and A La Carte, and they would be far and away our first choice for another event. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/18/2015