A Joyful Occasion Bridal Reviews

55 | Naperville, IL

55 Reviews for A Joyful Occasion Bridal

Laura · Married on 08/16/2014

A Joyful Occasion was the 4th bridal shop that I went to when searching for my wedding gown. We discussed my budget and what I was looking for and they pull a few dresses. I fell in the love with 2 of them! I took a couple of days and one more store to decide what I wanted, went back and picked my Carrafina dress. The ladies at JO were so easy to work with, patient and very accommodating. Thank you for my dream dress!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/26/2014

We went to a total of 3 bridal gown shops to look for my wedding dress. The 2 other shops just didn't compare to a joyful occasion. I found 2 dressed I loved and kelly and Susan helped me narrow it down. Kelly and Susan were absolutely amazing and helped me see the whole vision of my dress. I also bought my veil, jewelry, and a hair piece for my maid of honor from them as well. They refered us to a woman who did a beautiful job on my alterations. I couldn't be happier :)

Sent on 07/31/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/07/2014

Proprietors showed personal and patient attention, with helpful and professional suggestions. They respected our budget and our desires. We were so glad we could support this mother/daughter duo and local business--they met all of our needs expertly and in a timely manner.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Erin · Married on 01/07/2014

A joyful occasion was the first place I looked for a dress and it was my favorite. After shopping around, I went back to get the dress I loved and for the personalized service I got there! Susan listened to exactly what I wanted and pulled dresses accordingly and ultimately recommended a great seamstress as well.

Sent on 01/22/2014

I was married in December of 2013. Susan was amazing! My dress was GORGEOUS! i strongly recommend looking for your dream wedding dress here. They have something for everyone, no matter what your style or your body type is.

Sent on 07/31/2015

I would recommend A Joyful Occasion to anyone!! Kelly and Susan are absolutely wonderful!!!! The shop is on the smaller side but they do a fantastic job of picking out just the dress you are looking for!! They aren't pushy and will pretty much bend over backwards to help you out. I can not say enough good things about my experience.

I purchased my wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses, hair accessories, and garter from the store. All wonderful!!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2012

It was truly a joy to work with Susan and Kelly. They were both very welcoming and helpful in finding the perfect dress, within my price range, for my wedding day! They also let me borrow a hair clip for my hair trial to make sure I actually liked it before purchasing it. In the end, they actually let me trade in my veil(which I decided not to use), for it. The store is small, but they accept appointments and it is never crazy and busy in there unlike many other larger stores. This store is actually fun to be in and they make you feel like they actually care about you and making you happy!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Emily · Married on 06/16/2012

A Joyful Occasion was the perfect way to start the wedding planning process. They were the first vendor I chose. They answered many wedding questions for me and were very helpful finding a dress. Their shop is small, but all the dresses are quality. You don't have to sort through poorly made or cheap dresses to find ones that are good. Also, their prices are pretty good! I was very comfortable with how much I spent on my wedding dress. There was a train and a lot of beading and could have cost a lot more. We were so happy with A Joyful Occasion that we ended up getting the bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dress from their shop as well. They have dresses that are not mainstream. You won't find them in House of Brides or David's Bridal. They were also affordable. My bridesmaids all felt comfortable with the price. We all used a seamstress that A Joyful Occasion recommended and she was very affordable and did a wonderful job. Every time I went to this store I felt like I was their only customer. You are the only one in the shop most of the time and they remember everything about your previous visits. They are all very nice people!

Sent on 07/11/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/15/2012

My dress was wonderful thanks to Susan and her daughter! Thy we're both very patient with me and took there time with every appointment.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Bethany · Married on 06/08/2012

I was so happy with my wedding dress shopping experience at A Joyful Occasion. They allow you to schedule a private appointment, so you have one-on-one time with the owner. I walked in with my mom, showed the owner styles of dresses I wanted to try on, and let her know my budget. She didn't once hand me a dress that cost more than what I had wanted to spend. She let us pick out some dresses that we liked, and she also picked out a style that she thought would be a better fit for my body type (which ended up being the second one I tried on... and the one I bought. They really know what they're doing!). Instead of pushing me to buy the dress, she told me to go home, think about it, and come back the next weekend if I had decided. They genuinely care about their brides and want them to find the perfect dress. I definitely recommend shopping at A Joyful Occasion for your wedding dress!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Brandi · Married on 05/19/2012

I would recommend AJO to any bride! This was my first and last stop for wedding dress shopping. I loved that the store was cozy--I didn't feel like a number in a large bridal store. I had emailed Kelly, the owner, some pictures that I thought I would like for a dress. Kelly had already pulled similar dresses for my appointment, and let me try on any other dresses that caught my eye. She also let my mom, sister, and future mother-in-law pick a dress for me, too! While I had originally seen myself wearing something lacey, I wasn't really ecstatic with it on. Luckily, Kelly had pulled some extra dresses that she thought I would like based on our consultation, and she pulled the perfect Paloma dress! I LOVE it!! Not only is the dress gorgeous, but it is perfect for our wedding style!!! AJO lets you take pictures, so I looked through all the pictures we took and knew I had picked the right dress. It just arrived to my house this week, and after trying it on, I love the dress even more than I had in the store! Kelly was so nice and knew so much about all of her dresses to pull the perfect one for me. If you are looking for a great experience with knowledgeable and personable staff, go to AJO.

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • January2012

Jackie · Married on 01/28/2012

So glad that I got my dress here! Kelly was very helpful and extremely sweet. She listened to what I wanted in a dress and found exactly that. If you want a personal experience with undivided attention then I would recommend checking out A Joyful Occasion.

Sent on 02/11/2012

Ashley · Married on 01/28/2012

A Joyful Occasion was a wonderful place to get my wedding dress. I had a short engagement and they were very accommodating with our time frame. They were able to get my dream dress for me, in my budget, and it only took 1 week to ship it to our store! It was the perfect dress! It was great to have a personal touch from A Joyful Occasion. Thank you for the perfect dress!!!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Marie · Married on 10/29/2011

I purchased my wedding dress from Joyful Occasion last November. I was really pleased with my experience. The store is very small but the ladies there could not have been more helpful. They listed to what I was looking for, talked me through the different features of each dress, explaining both the positives as well as some things people in the past had not enjoyed as much. I felt they were very knowledgeable about all of their dresses. My dress came in on time and without an issue. I even ended up ordering my veil and a hair piece from them. Everything was really reasonably prices (actually lower then similar things I looked at from other wedding shops).

Sent on 01/06/2012

Alia · Married on 08/20/2011

I was so surprised by A Joyful Occasion. It's a small shop, and I never expected to find my dress there. But the staff was so cordial, kind, and helpful. The selection was perfect, not overwhelming or too minimal. They helped me on day one, and they took care of me through a second trip out there, and held my dress for me until I was ready to have it altered. I'm so glad I drove there from Chicago. It was well worth it!!!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Helen · Married on 04/02/2011

Sweet, smaller shop with a surprisingly good selection. Kelly was really nice and helpful. They make you feel so comfortable and are not pushy at all.

Sent on 12/26/2011

Meghan · Married on 10/02/2010

I loved the dress I found at A Joyful Occasion. They had a good selection and Fryeda (the owner) was so nice and helpful. I also bought my jewelry from there.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Daria · Married on 05/30/2010

I purchased a older season Pattis sample gown from Freyda about a year ago, and finally was able to wear it this weekend! The gown was fantastic, as if it were made for me! She was so helpful and sweet when I visited her shop with my girls; she pulled this dress for me, and a stunning veil that paired perfectly. I could not believe I had walked out with the gown of my dreams, and managed to stay under budget! Perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2010
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/05/2009

This the place to go for all your bridal attire. I bought my dress, veil, and shoes at A Joyful Occasion. Staff is extremely knowledgeable, sweet, flexable, and sincere. They know exactly was a bride needs. The dresses are to die for and prices are great!

Sent on 10/24/2009

Jane · Married on 09/20/2008

Freyda Libman, the owner of this bridal salon, is a joy to work with. She has a very patient, gentle manner about her that puts a bride at ease and garners trust in her assistance and advice. I had a wonderful experience with her. Her service and attention are so personal and heartfelt. And her prices are comparable to anyone in the Chicago area. For those of you in the city, it is worth to drive to work with Freyda.

Sent on 10/10/2008

Mia · Married on 06/28/2008

Oh, Freyda is so wonderful. Her closets are FULL of wedding dresses... its really hard not to feel like a princess trying on gowns there. She doted on me the entire time, was very sweet, and didn't bawk at my low price range. I told her my price and she never tried to change my mind. She simply went about finding all the dresses in my range. She even let me put it on hold (with a very small down payment) so my mom could come see it two weeks later, in case I changed my mind.

She had shoes, jewelry, veils and more too, and everything was top quality.

Even better, she recommended Mary Catomy, a seamstress, who was fantastic.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Carrie · Married on 06/09/2007

I had a wonderful experience finding my wedding gown at A Joyful Occasion. Freyda (the owner) has a wonderful selection of designer sample gowns being offered at a reasonable price. Freyda was knowledgeable about the different designers and their styles. It is a great place to go to find that sophisticated, elegant gown!

Sent on 08/25/2008

Coleen · Married on 06/03/2017

It's a small privately owned shop, by a mother and daughter who do not keep regular hours. So response time was generally within 24 hours but if you are looking for that immediate response just be patient. They were both very friendly to work with and offer great advice when trying to make decisions.
    I would say don't make this your first shop to try dresses at. I personally went to a shop where they let me pick out dresses off the rack which let me figure out what styles I liked and didn't. At A Joyfull Occasion you can look at the dresses but she asks you what you like and don't like then pulls a good selection from the rack for you. Which I think was the best! It wasn't overwhelming and they know their dresses best. Though this might be a bit different from most stores, she honestly did not pull a single bad dress out. It made deciding so hard.
    Pricing I found to be reasonable. It is exactly you pay for what you get. So you are paying for a high quality and beautiful gown.
    Overall they were very easy to work with and accommodating. I have no complaints about this shop and would recommend them to any bride.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Terri · Married on 11/10/2012

Susan was GREAT to work with. I found my gown as well as those for my bridesmaids at A Joyful Occasion, and they made the process so simple. They helped me ensure that all my attendants got measured by the deadline, and the alterations were ultra-professional. I also found my garter belt, headpiece and veil here as well. It is a small shop but they truly seem to understand the extras that the bride will want. Well worth a trip to Naperville.

Sent on 11/27/2012

I loved my wedding dress, and I am so happy I went there. From the outside the place looks a little small and not really special, but once you walk in you will be so happy you did. I had been to two shops prior, and was starting to think I was never going to find a dress. The other places, barely looked at my pictures, and kept putting me in trumpet and fitted dresses, that all seemed ok, but I always imagined myself in an A-line dress. Every A-line dress that they did put me in were way too ballgown and overwhelming. When we walked in Kelly looked at my dresses, mentioned that they had some of the dresses I had pictures of and talked about the elements that were popping up in many of my pictures. Kelly grabbed the dresses they had that I had pictures of, dresses that she thought would look good on me based on my body and my preferences, and then let me and my sisters and mom grab some. Within minutes Kelly had made my worries disappear. As I tried on each of the dresses she grabbed I fell more and more in love. When I was torn between two, one that I loved that was more fitted with a flower belt, and one that was A-Line and I loved but did not have the flower belt, Kelly pointed out that we could add that. She showed us how, and picked one out. At the moment we knew it was perfect. I could not have imagined a better dress. They also made recommendations the best seamstress. My dress arrived lovely as expected, and early. They were lovely to work with the entire process, not just when we came in to shop, like some other places. I loved my wedding dress, it was absolutely perfect, and absolutely me (something I think the other shops weren't able too)! I am so happy that I decided to go to A Joyful Occasion.

Sent on 01/12/2013