A Joyful Occasion Bridal Reviews

55 | Naperville, IL

55 Reviews for A Joyful Occasion Bridal

Kelly · Married on 11/05/2017

Susan and Kelly were absolutely wonderful and helped me choose my perfect wedding dress! I was so indecisive and returned on three occasions to try on dresses to help me narrow down the ONE from their amazing selection!!! So bummed that they closed but their business was more than I could have asked for!! So grateful that I found them just in time!! :)

Sent on 10/31/2017

Mary · Married on 05/27/2017

My experience at Joyful Occassion was exactly how I imagined trying on dresses would be. I had two appointments at other places and I canceled them because I didn't even want to compare - when you know, you know. They are by appointment only, which is nice because you are the focus. The salon is smaller so it is not an overwhelming amount of dresses, however, they did have a variety of styles and designers. The owners also provide honest feedback and let you take your time deciding - the icing on the cake was when I put on the veil and the belt to bring the whole look together. I couldn't be happier with giving my business to this salon.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Marissa · Married on 05/12/2017

I purchased my wedding dress and bridesmaids’ dresses from A Joyful Occasion. Kelly and Susan made the experiences so easy and enjoyable for me and my wedding party. Above all else, they offer a personalized experience and expertise with all things wedding! They referred a great, and very reasonably priced, seamstress in the area, they made sure everything arrived on time, they were kind and courteous to all my bridesmaids, some of whom were able to come in for a fitting, and some that lived out of state and had to order everything over the phone. I also bought my veil and hair clips from AJO, and thought they were beautiful. With their great selections of gowns, affordable prices and wedding expertise, I highly recommend using Kelly and Susan to any bride!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Helen · Married on 11/12/2016

Kelly from a Joyful Occasion was fantastic to work with for helping me choose my dress for my wedding in November 2016! She was very personable and professional during our appointment and helped me choose between two dresses - there was no stress involved. Additionally, Kelly recommended a seamstress, Zhulieta, and she did amazing alteration work on my gown. I am very glad I chose my dress at A Joyful Occasion!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

I went to A Joyful Occassion while I was wedding dress searching and it turned out to be the best experience. I had gone to a few salons already so I had an idea what to expect with an appointment and what I had in mind, or at least what I thought I wanted. From the moment I called and spoke with Susan to set up an appointment I was excited. She was very nice, I could tell very experienced and knowledgable-even just speaking over the phone and was willing to help stay within my budget. At the appointment, I tried on dress after dress and never really liked any. I didn't get that feeling. Susan and Kelly pulled a few dresses they thought I would like, one was not at all the style I was thinking (mermaid). Instead it was a gorgeous A line tulle dress. I was blown away! I absolutely loved my dress because it wasn't anything I've ever seen at any wedding before or even any wedding pictures. Susan was able to do all my alterations herself. She even had jewelry and my hair piece I wore in her store. It truly was a one stop shop. I loved how personal every appointment felt and I knew I was in good hands. It's not a chain, it's family owned so I never felt pressure or that I was just another customer. They took the time to make it a special experience and went above and beyond! I would highly recommend A Joyful Occasion to anyone, you truly will have the best experience!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Christine · Married on 10/01/2016

They helped me find the perfect dress! It was a decent price and they knew exactly what I was looking for! They are super sweet and friendly and made me feel amazing! I loved working with them and have already recommended a few of my friends to check them out!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Casey · Married on 09/17/2016

Love this little boutique!! Mom and daughter owned so they were very personal!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Rocio · Married on 08/27/2016

I love this place! Kelly and Susan were amazing! I went in January as the first bridal boutique I visited. I tried on 2 dresses before I decided I wanted to buy my dress from here. I felt so sure I wanted my dress from A Joyful Occasion! Both ladies were wonderful and so helpful with payments, measurements, and making me feel so special. They are so attentive, I really do love them. They have a great selection of dresses and veils (which I also bought from here). I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Jenn · Married on 07/24/2016

I highly recommend A Joyful Occasion. I got my dress off the rack and they threw in a discontinued veil and sash for no extra charge. They also offered a small discount for cash/check payment. I got so many compliments on my dress, everyone thought it was beautiful! Upon purchasing with them, they refer you to a seamstress who works from her home. She did a wonderful job with alterations. My dress went from a 6 to a 2!

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • User5261997 · 2+ years ago

The dress selection was beyond plentiful and Susan was so helpful!

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/09/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about this bridal salon. I WISH I got my dress from this store. I went to 2 appointments here, and the mother & daughter working here could not have been more kind, patient, and helpful. They made me feel so at ease, and I just absolutely loved them. I found my dress at a different store, but I remembered dresses by the same designer at A Joyful Occasion. Therefore, I emailed and asked if A Joyful Occasion could order the dress so that I could do business with them because I loved my experience there. Sadly they declined (which was the moral thing to do), but I still wanted to try. I highly recommend this store if you want a wonderful experience, a great selection of dresses, and helpful women who want what is best for you.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Found my dream dress here! From the looks of the place (being one of the smallest bridal boutiques I went to) I was discouraged at first thinking they won't have what I'm looking for, but I was wrong! Great selection of dresses and wonderful, knowledgeable staff. So glad I decided to stop in!

Sent on 03/15/2016

renae · Married on 04/23/2016

I love this store, their collection, and their service!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kelly and Susan are great. Susan listened to exactly what I was looking for out of my wedding dress and brought me so many options. She never pressured me to go over my budget or to purchase. I bought a beautiful DaVinci dress from them and even purchased a hair clip when I went back to try my dress on when it arrived at the store. They were so kind every time I talked to them and always willing to answer any questions. They were also very accommodating towards my unique situation, I currently live out of state and could only come in on very specific days/times while I was back in town. Highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 12/31/2015
  • Ostrich

Ostrich · Married on 04/01/2016

If I could give the staff here 10 stars I would. I came into A Joyful Occasion a WEEK before my wedding. I had an awful experience at the other boutique and my dress was 4 inches off the floor, and straps still weren't sewn on after purchasing my dress a year in advance. Needless to say I was desperate for anything that touched the floor and I could leave with in a week.... what I got was a dress that was both cheaper and more beautiful than my original. It was a discontinued sample and they gave me a large discount for it. Their seamstress was amazing and finished my dress in 2 days adding a bustle and taking it in. I received endless compliments on my dress, and nobody believed me when I told them the story about my dress after the wedding. Their staff was amazing, supportive, and not pushy at all. They were truly on a mission to make my day perfect, not just to sell a dress.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Michelle · Married on 11/14/2015

I had a great experience buying my wedding dress from A Joyful Occasion! I absolutely loved my dress and appreciated the professionalism of Kelly and her team throughout the whole process. They also went above and beyond in their customer service. For example, I wanted to invite my aunt/godmother to attend one of my dress fittings, but at the last minute she could not make the scheduled fitting. Kelly went out of her way to let me try on my dress for my aunt when we picked it up at the A Joyful Occasion shop, and made it feel very special. Just a little example of them going above and beyond, which was very meaningful to us! Kelly also recommended a great seamstress. Highly recommend visiting A Joyful Occasion for your wedding dress!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Cat · Married on 08/08/2015

My experience with Kelly and Susan couldn't have been any better - Kelly listened to my ideas and helped me find a beautiful gown and design a custom veil, plus styled me for the big day. I felt beautiful and cared for, and both women were professional, yet approachable and very helpful.

In fact, my sister bought her mother of the bride dress and my sister her wedding gown at A Joyful Occasion! Additionally, the salon works with a talented seamstress who worked quickly and beautifully.

As a bride living abroad, Kelly was one of my favorite vendors to stay in contact with during the process, and her wisdom was invaluable. I have already recommended A Joyful Occasion to several brides-to-be, and will continue to do so!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Katelyn · Married on 08/08/2015

I bought my dress for my August wedding at A Joyful Occasion. My sister had purchased a dress here the previous year and I thought she had a great experience. I also had a great experience. Susan and Kelly were wonderful to work with, and very helpful. I didn't feel pressure to buy a dress, and they were really accommodating when I wanted to come back and try on the same dress a few times before I bought it. Comparing it to the other places I went to, this was much more low-key and personal than a large bridal shop. I would highly recommend this shop to a potential bride who wants to have a positive dress shopping experience.

Sent on 09/10/2015

I had a great experience at Joyful Occasion getting my wedding dress. Kelly was great! I wan't even sure what I wanted when I first visited the salon and I ended up going back to purchase the first dress she put me in! They had a great selection of dresses in my price range (under $2000). When my dress came in they offered to store it for me until my first fitting which was very helpful.

Sent on 04/22/2015

rebecca · Married on 05/31/2015

It broke my heart to not purchase my dress from Susan. I had the most wonderful experience with her - she was my first bridal appointment and I came in having no clue about what I wanted for my dress. She not only helped me figure out my style, but really truly LISTENED to what I was saying and read my non-verbal cues beautifully. She helped me find a dress that I was absolutely in love with and also showed me right then and there what it would look like if I modified my dress the way that my religion called for. The dress was above budget which was ultimately the reason why I went with another salon, but had I had an extra 400 dollars readily available, that dress would have been mine! I am definitely going to go back into the store and purchase my veil and accessories from them. Thank you so much for an amazing experience ladies!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Audrey · Married on 05/16/2015

This place was wonderful! When I was in distress from me getting a dress in Florida was a flop. This place saved the day! I love my dress and the owners of this cute boutique are nothing but helpful. I wish I could buy wedding dresses all the time because if I did I'd go here. :)

Sent on 03/23/2015

Devin · Married on 03/28/2015

I bought my wedding dress, veil and belt from A Joyful Occasion for my wedding in March and could not have been more pleased with my experience. Susan, the owner of the shop, was so friendly and easy to work with. I instantly felt at ease with her. You can tell she has been in the business for several years! She had so many helpful suggestions as I was trying on different dresses and accessories. Because it is a small store, you get really personalized attention. For most appointments, we were the only people in the shop, and Susan was able to give us her undivided attention. The dresses and accessories that they carry are very reasonably priced compared to other stores I looked at, and Susan recommended a great seamstress in the area for my alterations. My dress looked beautiful the day of the wedding - I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Kari · Married on 10/25/2014

I absolutely loved the fact that I decided to buy my dress from Joyful Occasions. They knew exactly what I was looking for and were so easy to work with! Every appointment I made there was always someone eager to help me and I never had to wait to try on my dress! They were so helpful with everything and very reasonable in prices! I had several great experiences when going for fittings! Everyone was so friendly and excited to help me find the perfect dress!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Hannah · Married on 10/11/2014

A Joyful Occasion is wonderful! It is a quaint dress shop owned by a mom and daughter and they work with one other woman. They don't work on commission, so they really do work to get you everything you need. The owner even hand beaded a keyhole to match my dress! I would buy my dress from them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/20/2014

I was SO happy to have found my dress at A Joyful Occasion. I had the greatest individualized service and attention. I am a very indecisive person and honestly did not know what I was truly looking for. The third dress I tried on, I absolutely fell in love with. I could not have been happier. All appointments and questions were easily addressed and I was always met with a smile. Thank you SO much for helping me find the dress!

Sent on 11/21/2014