A Great Mix DJ Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
    Chris Married on 09/05/2021

Outstanding! Seamless & Effective

Rob was absolutely terrific! As the MoG hosting the reception, I was so proud of my DiL for discovering & selecting Rob for us to contract as the DJ. Rob is the type of DJ/emcee who knows how to keep the flow moving without making it about himself. He was aware of and responsive to the feel of the room and status of the meal service. It's a real tribute to him that we knew only knew he was there because he did his job so effectively. His intake process was thorough; plus, he took extra care to pronounce everyone's names correctly (we had some tough ones!) Rob made sure all of the Bride's songs were played and of their order of importance to her. He walked us through timing and coordinating with meal service to match the special dances, which was a HUGE help. I can't say enough good things about Rob. He worked so well with my DiL and she also deserves credit for her playlist, which was nothing short of fabulous! Our guests covered a wide age range and we had people of a variety of backgrounds in the mix. All of them had a great time thanks to the atmosphere Rob helped us create. If you can book Rob, snap him up quickly -- he's a GEM!!!
  • Mickail
    Mickail M. Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely perfect 10/19/19

Robert was absolutely amazing. He was extremely organized, professional, and a pleasure to work with. He ensured that I got everything that I needed to him right on time and met with my husband and I to go over the details so we were all on the same page. He had great song suggestions that were extremely helpful during the selection process and made accommodations to ensure that we were able to have our perfect night. (i.e. I wanted Butterfly Kisses to be played for my father daughter song, we were pressed for time during the evening and in order for me to have that dance with my dad, Robert shortened the song so that it could still be played. I appreciate his willingness to make it happen!) At the wedding, it was nothing short of perfect. And Robert was such a large part of creating that. All night long we had guests telling us it was their favorite wedding that they had ever attended. He had everyone dancing all night long, and truly created a night that my husband and I will never forget.
    Krista Married on 10/20/2018

Professional, organized, passionate DJ

Words truly cannot describe how grateful my husband and I are to have such a interactive and great DJ at our wedding. Guests were on the dance floor at all times, regardless of age which made us so happy to know everyone was truly enjoying themselves at our reception. Rob is professional, loves what he does and those he DJs for, and is very organized and responsive. We are so lucky to have had you as part of our night. We thank you so very much!
    Jessica Married on 09/01/2018
    We planned our wedding from another state which made it challenging to meet and work with a lot of vendors. Working with Rob was a great experience! He was very accommodating and was very helpful throughout the entire process. He was always able to email or hop on a phone call with us and help us work out our timeline and song choices leading up to our day. Our wedding day was so fun. The music was great, and Rob did an amazing job keeping things on track and letting us and our guests know what was going on and what was coming next. We had multiple compliments from our guests raving about our DJ and people were dancing all night!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica! It was a lot of fun and I am so glad your guests had a great time.
    Sabrena Married on 08/18/2018
    Rob was very easy to work with and an awesome dj. We had so much fun at our wedding thanks to him. He always responded to all my requests promptly. I highly recommend him.

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hi Sabrena! Congrats again to you and John! I enjoyed getting to know you both and it was a wonderful wedding. Wishing you the best. Rob
    Carissa Married on 07/07/2018
    Booking Rob for our wedding was the best decision we could have made. He was more than a DJ, he was like a friend to us. He was so helpful from the very first meeting. He was polite and professional and helped guide us through every turn. On our wedding day he was incredible. His music choices were spot on and got everyone up and dancing. For anyone looking for an incredible DJ to make their wedding day perfect, Rob is definitely it!
    Mark Married on 06/09/2018
    Rob was great and very accommodating to our “at of the norm” music requests. Responsive, professional, and very helpful during the planning process. We would definitely recommend A Great Mix!
    Jennifer Married on 05/19/2018
    Rob is an awesome guy to work work! Really kept the party going with his music. Worked with us through distant planning and everything turned out amazing! Great DJ without paying a ton of money like some of the others charge. You won’t be disappointed!!
    Daniel Married on 05/19/2018
    First I want to start off by saying that my husband and I are living in Pittsburgh and did most of our wedding planning online over emails and facetime with our vendors. We made decisons solely on ratings. After seeing what was written about Rob and his company we had to give him a call. Hes such a down to earth awesome guy to work with. We didnt meet with anyone else either. He was our first pick and we are so glad we made that decision. He was great in discssions through distance over emails and made planning from far away so much easier. He really worked with our varying musical taste and kept the party alive. There was even a last minute change asked for my by sister-in-law for an antrance song into the reception and he made it work. He really is an awesome guy and def work the money you pay, very affordable. Overal 5 stars!!! THanks for eerything Rob!!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jen and Dan. It was a great party at Bear Creek! Your guests were tons of fun and it was a great night. All the best!
    Arielle Married on 04/28/2018
    Rob is awesome! Kept us dancing the whole night! He was very helpful and easy to work with. Highly recommend his dj services!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Arielle! It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding! Such a wonderful day! Congrats to you and Chris.
    Rebecca Married on 03/24/2018
    Rob was fantastic, and we are so thankful we had him as our DJ. He was so easy and great to work with and made the day go by smoothly. He played all of our requested music and even made sure the songs we didn't want to hear were definitely not played (can't thank you enough on that one!!!) We HIGHLY recommend Rob to anyone!! Thank you again!!!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Becca, thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding. Your guests brought the party and it was tons of fun! Congrats!
    Rachel Married on 03/03/2018
    Rob was excellent! We honestly couldn't have picked a better DJ. He was super easy to work with and worked around anything we asked of him. He played every song we wanted plus other great choices from the genres we choose and we had multiple people come up to us asking for his card. We feel very fortunate to of had a DJ that was so easy to work with and deliver such great results.

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Rachel for the awesome review!
    Tara Married on 10/14/2017
    Rob was great to work with. He sat down with us and took time to get to know the music we liked. He played everything we asked for and more. I would recommend him for any wedding it completed our day!!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Tara, thanks so much for the great review. I enjoyed being a part of your day and got to play lots of awesome music! Congrats to you and Michael.
    Jenna Married on 09/30/2017
    We are so happy we had Robert with A GREAT Mix DJ Entertainment!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! All of our guests had a great time and we had so many people on the dance floor all night! Very easy to work with and paid attention to all the details of the wedding!! Kept everything running smoothly from the ceremony to the last song and everything in between!! Again HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! You will not be disappointed!!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Jenna, your wedding was amazing. The venue was just spectacular and your guests were tons of fun! Congrats!
    Jessica Married on 08/26/2017
    Rob was fantastic at our wedding! He played all our favorite songs and then some, he always kept the party going. I cannot say enough about what a great D.J. he is!

Thanks Jessica and Ben!! I had a great time celebrating you both
  • W
    William Married on 06/23/2017
    I wish I could give Rob more than 5 stars! He was absolutely amazing the whole night and was very accommodating with the style of music we wanted. He followed our timeline perfectly and went above and beyond. We could not have asked for a better DJ and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a great DJ. Thank you Rob for making our wedding night so special!
    Jennifer Married on 05/27/2017
    Rob was a pleasure to work with for our wedding! Music is so important to us, and we could not have chosen a better DJ to work with. We knew right away that he would be exactly the guy for the job...he was helpful, had an easy-to-use sight to get us started, and felt like a part of the wedding family. He was flexible when meeting with us, knew exactly how to answer our questions, and ended up providing the BEST music experience for us and our guests at our wedding. Everyone has been raving over how much fun our dance floor. We can't thank Rob enough!!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Jenn and Shelby, thanks so much for having me be a part of your special day. It was an amazing evening.
    Katie Married on 05/21/2017
    My husband and I couldn't be happier with A Great Mix DJ Entertainment! He provided guidance and advise throughout the process of selecting music, and gave us a lot of great suggestions when we had trouble coming up with song selections. He played all our guests' requests, which we had requested he do. He was very professional and accommodating during the reception and always came to find us to let us know what was coming next, such as the cake cutting or first dance. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

Hi Katie

Thanks for writing a review so quickly and for the kind words. I was glad to be a part of your wedding. Best Wishes!
    Kaitlyn Married on 04/08/2017
    Rob was fantastic! Throughout our planning, he promptly answered questions and provided lists when choosing songs. On our wedding day, he was prepared, organized, and accommodating! Everything went perfectly from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. Our dance floor was packed all night and several of our guests commented on how great the music was. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fun and professional DJ! Thanks again!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kaitlyn. It was great being a part of your wedding!
    Alicia Married on 06/04/2016
    Rob was amazing! He did our ceremony music, annoucements, and DJ services. Our entire wedding party was dancing the whole night! He knew exactly what to play and took requests from our family and friends. He is so great to work with. He personalizes everything to exactly what you want and he has great suggestions. I would highly recommend A Great Mix DJ!

Thank you for making our day special!
    Alicia and Ryan Emerich

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Alicia and Ryan thanks so much for the great review. It was a great night! Congrats again.
    Lisa Married on 10/03/2015
    Thank you Rob for providing the best entertainment for our wedding! You sure know how to get the guests up and moving. Everyone had a fantastic time at the wedding and I have a big part to thank you for that. The music was great, you played a mix of just about everything and I know I was on the dance floor all night. We all had a lot of fun!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Lisa. We had a great time at your wedding!
  • User2289930 2+ years ago
    Our daughter and her husband chose this dj for their wedding (last weekend in Northampton) and we couldn't have been happier with the choice. Rob was very reasonably priced and so, so professional - from providing the bride and groom with checklists to go over ahead of time, to playlist suggestions, organizing the wedding party for introductions (it was like herding cats!), to his responsiveness to emails and calls leading up to the wedding - we were so impressed. It was important to us that the dj didn't take over the show, and Rob definitely didn't - he played great music and spoke only to make wedding party introductions and to introduce special dances. I was very impressed that he consulted with the bride and groom when some younger guests requested a song that wasn't on their playlist. I'd recommend A Great Mix to any bride and groom planning a classy event.
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 08/08/2015
    Robert and his wife were the perfect DJs for our wedding. We were truly looking for someone to play music for the entire day. We didn't need anything with laser light shows or over the top MCs. Robert was very organized in how to pick music for every part of the day. He was open to everything we wanted to play. He was very particular in how to pronounce everyone's names in the wedding party. During the day, everything was flawless. At night during the reception, they were able to read the crowd in what music to play at what time. While I was open to requests, he still asked me if certain songs were ok to play. He does have options for dance lights and props for the crowd to use. We did opt for the dance lights just to change the mood when it was time for everyone to dance and it was just the right about. Thank you for being the perfect DJ for our wedding day!

A Great Mix DJ Entertainment's reply:

Alison, thanks so much for the review. You could really feel the love and happiness in the room all night long. Congrats to you and Eric!
  • User2171913 2+ years ago
    Rob and his wife did such an excellent job with our wedding! Not only did they have to master all of the difficult names of bridal party members for intro's, but they kept the night flowing flawlessly. As far as DJ's go, these guys rock! There was always a large volume of people on the dance floor, and some of our guests even told us that this was the most they had danced at any wedding! They were really easy to work with - from the initial booking, to last minute details. Highly highly recommended! Thank you again for such great memories!

Hi Maral,
    So glad to hear that you and Mike appreciated our services. It was a great wedding. The barn looked amazing and your guests looked like they were having a great time on the dance floor. Best wishes to you.
  • User1643625 2+ years ago
    Rob and his wife were the DJs at our wedding this past weekend and I highly recommend them!!! All throughout the planning process Rob was so easygoing yet professional. He was incredibly responsive to all of my questions and responded quickly as well! He was helpful with song selections during the planning process. At the reception Rob paid special attention to the energy of the crowd and played songs accordingly. It is apparent that his main goal was making sure everyone had a good time. We had so many guests dancing all night, including myself!! He kept the schedule of the night on track and was so friendly while doing so! We have no complaints at all and highly recommend them!!