A Grand Affair Events LLC Reviews

31 | Charlottesville, VA

31 Reviews for A Grand Affair Events LLC

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

I worked with Julie at A Grand Affair Events and could not be happier. Julie was our day-of coordinator but truly helped us on so much more. She chatted with me several times before the event and was an enormous help the two months leading up to the event. She also kept in touch after the wedding to help us wrap up some loose ends with vendors. She was professional, kind, and very calm - something I really appreciated in a coordinator! Julie also did our flowers (both for the bridal party and for the reception) and they were beautiful and an amazing price. She provided great advice and took care of the stressful details leading up to the big day. I cannot recommend her enough!

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

Working with Beverly and a Grand Affair Events was fantastic. We really appreciated Beverly's calm yet organized approach to wedding planning. We used her partial planning service and it was perfect. She walked us through our big decisions, helped us navigate the Charlottesville wedding market, and took care of every little detail leading up to and during the wedding. Her decor collection is fantastic, and she has an eye for designing the perfect ceremony/reception. Our wedding was beautiful and extremely stress free because of Beverly and a Grand Affair Events.

Beverly was great to work with from start to finish. We ended up doing most of the planning ourselves and just hiring her for day-of coordination, but she was available for us to bounce questions and ideas off us whenever we needed her. She met with us several times in the weeks before the wedding, took delivery of all the decorations we had made/ordered and set them up on the day of, and coordinated all of our vendors. In addition, she got all of our flowers for us, saving us the cost of a florist (which is HUGE) and also let us use any of the decorations she has in her warehouse that we wanted free of charge (also huge!).

I hired Beverly as my "Day-of" wedding planner, and she was absolutely amazing! She truly went above and beyond to make my wedding day special. She was very responsive, helped me coordinate all of my vendors and completed all of the necessary paperwork for me, helped me pick out all of my decorations (I'm not naturally very creative or good at decorating), and set up everything that I chose. She was by far the best investment that I made on my wedding day. I don't think the day would have turned out even close to as well as it did without her. I would definitely recommend her services for your wedding!!

Ryan · Married on 09/05/2015

I am so thankful that we hired a planner and even happier that we decided to work with Beverly! The first thing I loved about her was her flexibility. We were looking for a little more than day-of coordination, but not the full partial planning service, and she was happy to work with us to create a package that was just right. Simply put, Beverly thinks of everything, and I'm not sure there's anyone who knows the Charlottesville wedding industry better than she does. In the stressful final weeks before our wedding (while I was also dealing with a move and a job transition), Beverly took so many things off of our plate. She took the lead on our wedding signage, picking up dessert items, helping us get our bar stock to the venue, styling our dessert bar and favors, and so many other things that made our planning easier. She's also amazing to work with - thoughtful, responsive, patient, and incredibly thorough. And because she knows everyone in Charlottesville, coordination among your vendors is a breeze. I would 1000% recommend Beverly and A Grand Affair.

Laura · Married on 08/01/2015

Hiring Beverly Wakefield of A Grand Affair was one of the best decisions we ever could have made! Besides being a wonderful person to work with, Beverly is professional, organized, detail-oriented, and has an amazing vision. She offered so much experience, advice, and comfort as we were planning our wedding. She provided us with so much guidance and made our day go perfectly. She thought of EVERYTHING and added so much to our wedding. The decor options she gave us were wonderful and made our dreams come to life. Beverly also did our flowers- she made the bouquets for the wedding party and our table arrangements. I was blown away by how beautiful they were and, again, she took the vision in my head and made it come to life. She is simply incredible and I am so grateful she was a part of our wedding! We absolutely loved working with her and can't recommend her highly enough!

Beverly Wakefield was absolutely amazing. She is responsive, well organized, has a flexible schedule, and is unbelievably artistic!! On the day of she got to the venue before I did, and added all of the decorations I chose to use from her collection. Last minute I decided to use a rustic metal star for the guest book, and that day she showed up with a hand written poem about stars to set up on the table. All of her decorations are absolutely gorgeous! The day of she kept my husband and I on schedule, but made sure we felt relaxed and were enjoying ourselves. She is also one of the most calm and collected people I have ever met! She contacted all vendors, organized our schedule, and did a great job coordinating with the venue. I would HIGHLY recommend using her for your wedding.

Margaret-Finley · Married on 03/21/2015

I was when I first met and continue to be amazing by Beverly Wakefield with A Grand Affair. She has the rare gift of calming every nerve in the most pressure held situations with a grace that fills you with joy and cheer instead of dread. She went above and beyond with everything she did, and everything was absolutely perfect without a glitch. None of my family, friends or either groom or bridal party needed to worry about any tiny thing. It was also the little details of the day, the refreshments in the bridal room (that we never asked for!), beautiful hankercheifs for tears shed ready to go - every little thing just made the day all the more beautiful and exciting. No stone was un-turned, no knife or fork was out of place for dinner, everything was perfect, and it was all due to her careful attention to detail.

I have also had the privilege of attending other weddings she has done - each one as flawless and beautiful as mine. She understands what a special day this is for the bride, groom and families involved, and I can tell she gives the same attention to each client she works with. She is a shining diamond of joy and relief in a time that can sometimes be tumultuous.

Beverly Wakefield is the consummate professional and an absolute delight to work with. We highly recommend her and A Grand Affair for Wedding Planning and Day Of Coordination. We hired Beverly later in the process primarily as a Day of Coordinator but she did so much more for us. She is enthusiastic, committed, knowledgeable, punctual, flexible, organized and knows all of the wedding vendors in the Charlottesville area so can assist with all of your selections. She has a collection of wedding decor that she makes available to all of her clients. Our biggest regret is that we did not know about Beverly when we first started planning the wedding and would highly recommend that you contact Beverly as soon as you are engaged. We cannot say enough about Beverly and do not feel that a 5-star rating system is high enough to adequately convey how absolutely amazing she is. We are eternally grateful to her for making our wedding weekend so perfect and memorable.

julia · Married on 05/10/2014

Beverly was truly one-of-a-kind and we could not have had such a flawless and enjoyable day without her. She maintained a calm, collected manner (which was most important to us) which helped us stay calm and carefree. Even when we had some trouble with our venue owner day-of, Beverly took hold of the situation and did not put any of the stress/drama onto us - she was a lifesaver. She also is extremely responsive and organized - we are so pleased to have worked with her for our wonderful big day!

alex · Married on 05/03/2014

Beverly was by far the best decision we made regarding the wedding. She was incredible and I can't quite put into words how valuable she was and how big of an impact she had on making our big day perfect. She went above and beyond, taking care of all of our bouquets and boutonnieres (which were stunning), and handling every other little detail from decorations to making sure the bar was continuously stocked to cleaning everything up at the end of the night. She's clearly in the wedding business not for the money, but because she actually loves what she does, which is so rare. She is so kind and so calm and so unassuming- just in the background, making everything happen. She really is wonderful and you will not be disappointed.

Bridget · Married on 05/02/2014

We are so happy we selected Beverly to help us with our wedding. She was meticulous about planning every detail and making sure everything was just as we hoped it would be (and better) on our wedding day. She is an extremely dedicated, detailed, and hard worker, and we felt like we were in perfect hands without any need to fret about the details on our wedding day. She is a great value, and worth every penny!

• Margaret

Margaret · Married on 03/15/2014

Hiring Beverly to be our day-of Coordinator was by far the best decision we made throughout the whole wedding planning process. She went above and beyond our wildest expectations, from putting together a detailed decor layout, to drawing up a complete floor plan, to making a detailed timeline. Every step of the way she ensured EVERY detail was in place, exactly how we envisioned. Beverly was very flexible with meeting times and spent countless hours with us making sure all details were accounted for. She had many great decor pieces that we could use free of charge, allowing us to save a bundle on rentals. Beverly made our wedding dreams come true, she ran our rehearsal seamlessly, set up & took down all decor, made sure all vendors were on the same page, executed our "Plan B" rain plan, and tended to many other things. If it wasn't for her, I don't know what we would've done. Clearly, Beverly should have angel wings! She comes highly recommended from me. Best wedding investment by far!

Laura · Married on 10/26/2013

I am so grateful to have worked with Beverly Wakefield. Beverly served as our day-of wedding coordinator, but in reality she went far and beyond that description. My husband and I first met Beverly about nine months before our wedding, and from the moment we met her I was impressed with her ability to break the planning process down into manageable pieces. Despite the stress of wedding planning, Beverly is always calm and collected - and I was reassured to know our wedding day would be in great hands. Beverly listened carefully to my vision and budget, and made great suggestions with decor and arrangements. She met with me several times in advance of the wedding day to discuss decor, vendor arrangements, timeline and layout design. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to Bev. She arrived early to greet vendors and stayed late to pack up our belongings. Any small hiccups she quickly took care of, and I didn't have to worry about anything on our special day. I would highly recommend working with Beverly.

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

As a do-it-yourself bride planning a wedding in Charlottesville from afar, Beverly was the perfect match for me! From our first phone call, she put me at ease about all the stress of planning my wedding from a few hundred miles away. From helping us book shuttles from Charlottesville to our wedding at Mount Ida farm, which we knew would be a little off the beaten path for our guests, providing us with valuable lists ceremony musicians, creating timetables and keeping our vendors organized, she was definitely a life saver. Even though I did most of planning myself with the help of my mom, Beverly did an amazing job taking over the day of, so we wouldn’t have to worry and could enjoy the special day. I certainly recommend A Grand Affair for any Charlottesville bride who needs a day-of coordinator!

Christin · Married on 08/17/2013

Beverly went out of her way to cater to my needs and take care of the things I didn't want to deal with, without complaint. I trusted her judgment completely and the wedding (240+) went off so smoothly. I really appreciated her willingness to work with me on price and customization, rather than insisting on a fixed agenda that most planners force on you. She was wonderful!

Beverly was wonderful to work with! She was thoughtful, attentive to details, and very flexible! She really helped to make our wedding day the perfect day!

As someone who plans events frequently myself, I sought someone who I knew was creative, detail oriented, and a quick problem solver. We found all of those qualities with Beverly and Julie with A Grand Affair events.

In the months leading up to the wedding, Beverly took her time to learn exactly what we envisioned and how she could best make that happen for us. She offered creative ideas and solutions, and was always mindful of our budget. Several times she offered some helpful suggestions when she realized that what we had initially decided might not be the best approach. Her suggestions were right on target.

Throughout the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception, we were at ease knowing that everything was taken care of and that if there were any issues that arose, Beverly and Julie would take care of them. They oversaw set-up of the space, and helped to make it perfect. We had forgotten to do a few signs and decorations, and they had reserves just in case. They say timing is everything, and from the rehearsal, ceremony, entrance, toasts, first dance, cake, and exit, they had it timed down to the minute. We had several event planners who were guests, and told us that our wedding was executed better than all of the others they have seen. They even did a few extra personal touches at the end of the evening that really showed how much they cared. I won't say it on here so it'll be a surprise for others.

I cannot say enough positive things about A Grand Affair events. They were professional, personable, and most of all, effective. I am so grateful for their help. Our wedding was flawless, thanks to them!

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2012

Beverly was an outstanding day of planner. She was always available for consultation but was always happy to take a step back when we wanted to take charge of certain elements. She was optimistic and realistic. It was clear that she has a great deal of experience in event planning and anticipated problems before they arose. She was a truly a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her services!!

Maggie · Married on 09/29/2012

A Grand Affair was so friendly and helpful. I called them about two weeks before my wedding just for a day of coordinator. They went above and beyond and thought of things that had slipped my mind. The day of my wedding I don't know what I would of done without Beverly there. She took care of everything and on such sort notice they did such a wonderful job. I can't thank them enough!

Beverly is a true professional. She helped us think through every last detail, worked seamlessly with the other vendors, and remained so calm and friendly throughout. I don't know if I would have been so relaxed and enjoyed my wedding day as much if Bev wasn't there working behind the scenes to make sure everything went off without a hitch!

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2012

Beverly is extremely responsive, knowledgeable and professional. Despite last minute venue changes due to unexpected weather, Beverly ensured our wedding day was seamless. My husband and I highly recommend Beverly to anyone needing full or day-of wedding planning services in Virginia.

Valerie · Married on 06/30/2012

Beverly was in one word, AMAZING. She had great ideas and recommendations that were in my budget, fantastic contacts with area vendors, and was just a pleasure to work with. Always professional and timely, totally dependable and true to her word. Planning a wedding out of state and at a venue that's never had a wedding before was truely a challenge, but it turned out lovely and I owe it all to Beverly's hard work pulling it all together. I wouldn't bat an eyelash to recommend Beverly and A Grand Affair to other brides. She is a pro!

Julie · Married on 06/27/2009

We consulted A Grand Affair Events to help us plan our destination wedding in the British West Indies. Planning an island wedding from the states can be stressful. Beverly helped us develop an overall event style and provided assistance with selecting the band and music, writing and designing the program, selecting the menus, decorations, flowers and more. We had a lot of ideas and she helped us get them organized. She also helped us plan a "welcome to the island" party for guests at our villa. It was a fabulous week and we are so happy we had someone to help us pull it all together.

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2009

It was an absolute delight to work with Beverly Wakefield of A Grand Affair in Charlottesville for our wedding day! Though we hired Beverly as our day-of coordinator only, she met with me and my mom multiple times prior to the event--even driving outside of town to meet at our reception site. Having planned many weddings (including her own), Beverly has incredible vision and attention to detail. She executed every detail of our reception flawlessly (and there were a lot!) and had some incredible suggestions along the way as well. My husband and I took her advice on our entrance into our dinner/dancing tent from cocktail hour, and this will always be one of our favorite memories from our wedding day. We credit Beverly completely with making our wedding vision a reality, and we will be forever grateful.