A First Class DJ Services Reviews

63 | Tampa, FL

63 Reviews for A First Class DJ Services

Nancy · Married on 03/12/2011

The DJ Jerry Matos is outstanding..his attention to detail was impeccable..He made my day extra special and I am eternally grateful. Would recommend him in a heartbeat!!!

John · Married on 03/05/2011

I wanna thank you for my wedding party, you were great we had a blast no one stopped dancing all night, i will recomend you to my friends.

Deise · Married on 01/22/2011

Jerry was phenomenal!! He was so helpful in all aspects of my event. I didn't have a wedding planner but Jerry stepped in and helped to make my wedding run smoothly. No worries and we had the best time. Thank you so much!
    I would recommend First Class DJ Services to anyone.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Barbara · Married on 01/21/2011

Great job! They arrived early and their set up was amazing...
    I helped plan my sister's wedding and they were so helpful. I would recommend them for any occasion.

Rosemarie · Married on 01/15/2011

Jerry I was very impressed with your services. my guest where very entertained. The music was awesome. and the videos just as awesome. me and my new husband had a blast. we will for sure hire you again for our next party. Thank you very much.

Sent on 09/07/2011

Edwin · Married on 01/03/2011

Jerry was absolutely amazing. He did our engagement party and bridal shower and everything came out perfect. He played exactly what we wanted and was very flexible with the schedule. I would highly recommend him to anyone

Sent on 02/27/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2007

We loved First Class DJ services! Everyone was up and dancing all night - it was a big party! Everyone said they had a great time and no one wanted to leave. They were able to queue up songs at a moment's notice and really made the evening flow.

Sent on 03/04/2008

Susan · Married on 04/20/2013

We used First Class DJ Services for our wedding this past weekend and couldn't be happier. Jerry Matos was extremely attentive and was really considerate of our budget constraints. Through the entire process, he was really thoughtful and made sure that everything went smoothly. Went requested a few songs that aren't very 'mainstream' and were worried that we weren't going to be able to hear them, but Jerry made sure that he played everything on our list. Although I was a little concerned in the beginning about his responsiveness, after reading a few other reviews I was confident that our end product would be wonderful, and it was! The week before the wedding, Jerry was very attentive and went over everything in detail, which certainly made me feel more comfortable about our big day. He also had very good suggestions that helped things flow well. Jerry was such a large factor in our wedding day and I've had so many compliments on him since then. I would highly recommend Jerry to anyone looking for an amazing DJ for your big day!

Sent on 04/25/2013

alyssa · Married on 03/09/2013

We used Jerry for our wedding last month he provided DJ services and up lighting. Both ceremony and reception. We met with jerry twice to discuss our music and wedding style. The meetings were probably unnecessary we could had done that all over the phone but I just didn't want to have one of those boring weddings that nobody dances at because the DJ sucks. It was not a problem with jerry he met us when I asked answered any calls or texts we sent him. Everything went smoothly Jerry was where he needed to be at all times. He Kept the dance floor full literally all night it was so awesome. Also great with the announcements he's not scared of a mic. Made sure he pronounced everyone's name correctly and kept the timeline moving as far as cake cutting, garter, bouquet toss etc. We were so caught up partying with our guests I forgot about all those things. Jerry Did not. He did awesome and we cant thank you enough!

Sent on 04/30/2013

So happy Jerry was recommended to us! He did such an amazing job at our wedding, so many people were on the dance floor the entire night! When we met him and got to know each other a little, he knew exactly the type of music we wanted and the type of crowd he would be playing for. Before the wedding we went over all the songs that were of importance to the wedding and he made sure he knew how to pronounce everyones name. He also speaks spanish, which was a plus :) I asked him recently if he could put all the songs that were played into a file for us and he said he would do it! If you are considering him, consider no more and contact him for all the details!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Gigi · Married on 02/04/2012

Wanted to thank Jerry for a wonderful evening. He played the right music at the right time and kept us all dancing throughout the night. The monogram was an added touch and looked great....

Sent on 02/05/2012

Rebekah · Married on 05/24/2008

Jerry was fantastic; he pronounced the entire bridal party's names correctly, did an incredible mix of music, and even found the 20-some odd songs we requested after midnight the night before the wedding, and played them all. He was really, really great and made our wedding very special and memorable. He is also very flexible, upbeat, fun, and professional. Thank you Jerry!

Sent on 06/17/2008

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2013

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

We were recommended to First Class DJ from our venue and were so excited to work with him. Since I wanted specific music because of our cultures, I created a list of songs to play throughout the night and songs that were similar to told to Jerry to play. He did play most of them and had people on the dance floor. We also filled out an order of how the night was supposed to go with speeches and certain dances which Jerry did not stick exactly with. Wrong music was played at the wrong times and the speeches were all rushed together when they were supposed to be spaced out. A few other things were disappointing like not being told when certain things were being played to make sure that myself and my husband were in the room. Overall my guests were pretty happy with the dj, but since I knew what we had discussed as far as timeline and such, I was extremely upset that it did not go as we had planned and that I missed some things throughout the night.

Sent on 11/01/2013

A First Class DJ Services's reply:

We take pride in providing great entertainment to fulfill our client's wishes while using our professional experience to assure that everything is perfect. We provide meetings and planning forms to make sure everything is how you want it to be.This particular bride had a great idea to play several songs for her father/daughter dance. A custom remix track was created in our studio in advance at no additional charge. We also included a new low lying fog effect for the first dance that we usually charge a fee for, as we wanted to provide a greater moment. When preparing your guests for the toast(s), we make certain everyone is prepared and present in advance to avoid surprises and to assure it goes as smooth as possible. At dinner, it’s important for your guests to be given the opportunity to socialize. Unless given instructions to the contrary,we recommend addressing all the toasts at once, while having everyone's attention. This way, we’re not repeatedly interrupting your guests to get their attention. We encourage our clients to provide us with a list of all their favorite songs so we can be sure your selections are heard throughout the event. Once the DJ has the music you do and do not want to hear,we use our professional experience to react to the songs that are getting the best response at a given time during the event. If there are certain songs to be played at specific times with specific people present, please let us know in advance and we will gladly accommodate your requests at any time before or during your wedding celebration.We will not take short cuts to save ourselves time or work if it means we can make the party a little bit more fun. Unless it is specifically requested to do otherwise, when faced with various aspects of a party, we default to doing what we know works best to assure your guests are up dancing, celebrating and making great memories! With the exception of this review, it was an absolute pleasure providing entertainment for Stephanie.