A Dancing Penguin Music Reviews

29 Reviews for A Dancing Penguin Music

Kelly · Married on 08/01/2009

3.8
      3.0

We were generally pretty happy with this company. We initially met with the Dancing Penguin frontman Kim for the consultation, and he later assigned another Penguin to our event (Dave). We never had a private meeting with Dave, so we operated under the assumption that Dave would provide all the same services Kim had discussed with us. This was not so. Dave didn't end up doing any emceeing of the event, so we tried to time everything ourselves and just let us know when we wanted everything announced. I would have preferred if he had helped time the evening for us and help keep the reception flowing so it didn't feel quite so awkward. I feel that most of this was our fault for not speaking explicitly with him about all of this prior to the event. He was a very friendly guy and he kept the music going all night. He took so many requests that he didn't get to much of our playlist, but I think this kept our guests very happy. If you go with this company, I would recommend you make sure you talk with your assigned Penguin PRIVATELY prior to the event.

Great value for the money though. They were half the price of many other DJs we considered, and I think they were probably almost as good.

Sent on 05/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2008

3.4
      3.0

I felt this DJ service was okay. The actual DJ was switched out at the last minute without notifying me, so I didn't know the DJ who arrived. Not all of my instructions were followed, and the music was so-so.

Sent on 10/21/2008

2.8
      2.0
      3.5

A dancing penguin was just not exactly the experience I had hoped for. The ceremony was great, and than when we got to the reception things just didn't seem to go right. He announced the cake cutting and right from there we went to the other room for our first dance, while everyone was expecting cake. I had asked if we could please wait so that my friends and family could watch the first dance and actually understand what's going on, and I was just told no were doing this now.... Not what I had expected. There were some other experiences as well, but I'm just going to leave it at not the experience I had hoped for not for us but could be for you.

Sent on 09/19/2012

2.6
      2.5

When the DJ announced the bride and groom as they entered the reception, he incorrectly used the grooms first name, instead of the last name.

Sent on 09/08/2012