A Conceal Affair, Inc Reviews

16 | Missouri City, TX

16 Reviews for A Conceal Affair, Inc

Gbemi · Married on 08/15/2015

I also hired A Conceal Affair as my day off coordinator. Yes the crew did a very good job although Shade who was the event director would only breeze in and out as agreed, I have no regrets using her company and yes she had 3 events going on on that same day too. Her team were highly efficient in handling my event . She's highly recommended by me anytime.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Karen · Married on 04/04/2015

Shade! Shade! Shade!

Words can not say how much we appreciate you! Shade of A Conceal Affair is not just a wedding planner, but she is a wedding goddess. As a bride I did not just have a wedding, but Shade gave me a wedding experience/ extravaganza!!!! With A Conceal Affair there is no need to be a bridezilla, no need to be stressed and no need to do anything but enjoy your BIG DAY. If you have a check list of things to do; I suggest you book A Conceal Affair ASAP because this is a true wedding essential! Shade stepped in and made all of our dreams come true. She is very meticulous, patient, professional and most of all understanding of all a bride's needs. I felt as though my BIG DAY was just as important to her as it was to me. There was never a time where I needed something and she was not available. There was never something I wanted; that she could not deliver on! Shade is now like family to me and you will feel the same way too after hirining her and her team.

TOP NOTCH SERVICE! TOP NOTCH PLANNER! TOP NOTCH FRIEND FOR LIFE!

Thanks For Everything,
    The Adesokans

Thanks For Everything, Karen Adesokan

Sent on 04/07/2015

Amaka · Married on 03/14/2015

(Big Sigh)....where do I start this story........would it be right to go right into it and state how we met shade for the first time and she was able to disarm our doubts and make us feel our wedding was not just important to us but also equally important to her to make sure she meet all our expectations and if possible surpass them?

(still thinking about it).................No,it wouldn't be right.

But be rest assured that you will look forward to the unveiling of your event as I have learned that truly,shade (the owner who I can call friend now) will produce as the name of her company depicts..... ''a conceal affair''.

From start to finish not only did she carry us along,but there was free flow communication and a certain demeanor to how she handled criticism whenever we felt the need to give her feedback.she was able to handle all that we wanted and even in the spur of the moment developments could still deliver and surprise us up until the actual wedding day.

Thank you A Conceal Affair for making our wedding Spectacular

Sent on 03/25/2015
  • U

Ufuoma · Married on 04/12/2014

At the beginning of our wedding planning, i strongly believed that i did not need a wedding planner as our wedding venue had pretty much everything included. How wrong was i to think that this was even possible with my hectic schedule. A good friend of mine referred Shade/ a conceal affair to me and this was the best decision i made as a bride. Shade has an exquisite and exceptional talent that cannot be duplicated. She goes way above and beyond and has a unique strategic vision that is individualized to every client. She was truly amazing to work with and is extremely professional, responsive, talented, creative, unique, flexible, and highly knowledgeable. Shade gave me the wedding of my dreams and I truly cannot imagine our wedding without her. She planned and coordinated our traditional wedding and white wedding with great ease, directing us to the right vendors for a fabulous affair. Shade was the missing piece to our puzzle and we have never met a more down to earth, talented individual with so much to offer to the wedding industry. Shade, thank you so much for exceeding our vision and giving us an unimaginable wedding affair, we are forever grateful!!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

My husband and I truly enjoyed our relationship with Shade/Conceal Affair during our wedding planning. She went above and beyond our wildest expectations to make our big day exceedingly special. I would recommend her to all my friends as her service was exquisite!

Sent on 04/25/2014
  • F

Fola · Married on 09/01/2013

Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. I can unequivocally state that Shade Fatusin gave me the wedding of my dreams. I cannot speak enough about her professionalism, creativity and responsiveness. Shade planned both my traditional wedding and white wedding in under 7 months and they both looked like a scene out of a movie. She guided me through the whole process from invitations, venue, videographer and photographer and even down to the custom table linings. Further, she coordinated and provided essential wedding information to my whole family that lived all over the world. I have never met someone who is more creative, professional, organized and passionate about her work. If you are looking for a planner, look no more! You will not find anyone who will bring to reality more than you even thought your wedding day could be.

Thanks,
    Fola

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • Toyosi

Toyosi · Married on 06/08/2013

Planning my wedding with A Conceal Affair was definitely the right choice for my Once Upon a Dream Wedding. Shade paid attention to every detail and was very personable. Being the creative and out of the box person that I am, I was so lucky to have a planner that was just as unique and loved to push the envelope. If you want a planner that will take the beauty of marriage to heart and apply it to her work, Shade is the one for you. Not only did I get a great planner but I also got a wonderful sister and friend afterwards. 5 stars and more for A CONCEAL AFFAIR INC.

Sent on 10/18/2013

angela · Married on 05/25/2013

Shade of Conceal is totally fabulous! I was skeptical about having a planner because I also do events. I finally gave in because I lived out of town from my wedding location. She completely wowed me! From helping me select the caterers, dresses, jewelry, location, décor, music... need I say more? She designed my cake!

My most unforgettable experience: Shade booked me a Cinderella carriage like I wanted! That one was a sensation even internationally...

My wedding was featured in 5 online magazines including -The Knot, Style Me Pretty, Bella Naija, Carats & Cake ... (see for yourself THE KNOT - http://bit.ly/13Mm6df ). It's been a few months since the wedding and people still stop and tell me how awesome my wedding was. Other wedding planners and florists have even asked me how I did it.

I love Shade, she takes your wedding like it's her own. My wedding was a lovely experience, I totally enjoyed my worry-free day. Thank God for Shade! Shade I love you!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Nneka · Married on 04/13/2013

I enjoyed working with my wedding planner during the process. I loved my wedding day.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Eli · Married on 02/25/2012

I had originally planed on having an engagement party, but two weeks to the date things had escalated to a full blown wedding. Conceal Affair made the transition smooth. She went beyond what a wedding coordinator by getting me access to all the right vendors from bridesmaid dresses, to decorations, hair, working on my program, and even down to helping me find my wedding shoes. She is beyond a professional she ends up being your closest friends. I would recommend her for any occasion especially when plans change in the last minute.

Sent on 04/14/2012
  • O

Oluwaseunlafunmi · Married on 11/19/2011

A conceal Affair worked with me all the way to get my dream wedding. it was a wonderful, stress free experience. Their goal is to bring your vision to life in a beautiful way. I am glad I used them.

Sent on 02/08/2012
  • Y

yetunde · Married on 09/03/2011

She is very easy to work with. She handles the event like it Hera with accuracy and precision. She is very detailed in anything she does and very good.

Sent on 10/06/2011
  • Dalia

Dalia · Married on 07/16/2011

My experience with Concealed Affair was wonderful!!!! They are very professional and they go out of there way to get things done. You dont have to worry about things going wrong on your wedding day because they are always on time.The owner, Shade, became more like a sister to me. She accompanied me to all of meetings with the vendors for the wedding. She would call me every week to not only to talk about the wedding but also to see how I was doing. If you ever need a planner for your wedding, birthday party, baby shower, or event choose Concealed Affair!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Chiedu & Ogonna · Married on 04/02/2016

Shade goes out of her way to make sure that your dream wedding comes to life even with a tight budget. Shade is the definition of a good person at heart. She is very knowledgeable and knows how to negotiate with various vendors. Shade did an awesome job for our wedding which incorporated romance, class and elegance...I had guests calling for months exclaiming how they truly enjoyed our wedding. Shade...you are truly cherished!!!

Mr & Mrs C.V. Odo

Sent on 06/22/2016

A Conceal Affair was the first wedding planner I met before meeting with 4 others. Her passion about her work, flexibility, and "not-in-it-for-the-money" attitude were few of the good qualities that led us to choose her as our wedding planner.

Although our personalities did not exactly match as she helped plan my wedding, I enjoyed every moment of our dealings together as she had my best interest at heart [and of course, the freebies that came along with working with her :)].

Finally, our wedding day arrived and it was a SUCCESS. She ensured that everything was very well organized and everyone was taken care of. Our guests still, till this day, comment on our wedding being the best they had ever attended. And that's due mostly to her genuine effort. Thank you very much A Conceal Affair and my husband and I will always remember and, of course, recommend you.

Sent on 02/13/2015

Katelyn · Married on 12/01/2018

2.2
      2.5
      2.5
      2.0

When we originally reached out to Shade for month-of-coordination purposes, we were impressed by her eagerness to serve. She touted the ability to pay attention to intricate details and create an exquisite affair. While our wedding was a great experience, it was not due to the coordination nor was it due to Shade's attention to detail. Throughout the process, we yearned for such detail and organization - but often were left with lagging response times, sporadic emails and calls late into the evening. (Even after the event, Shade expressed limited interest in a recap of our experience overall, with vendors or otherwise.) More jarring than the lack of attention to detail was when we shared constructive criticism, Shade opted to retort with micro-aggressions, declaring her 9-years-in-the-industry and defensively fabricate parts of her story rather than humbly admit missteps. Lastly, while some members of her staff were impeccable (Blessing is a blessing!) many others could use a refresher (or first) course in the service & hospitality industry. The industry is not for the faint of heart and should always be done with humility, strength and grace - clients should not feel as though they have to coordinate the coordinator, nor should they feel as though their concerns are not heard. Shade has been in the business for nearly 10 years, but appears to still have much to learn. Her services would be better rendered for persons who have zero experience with event planning (of any kind) and/or those who are indecisive in terms of event needs. As a logistical point, she requires payment via PayPal Friends & Family instead of Goods & Services.

Sent on 07/02/2018