A Charleston Bride Reviews

8 | Charleston, SC

8 Reviews for A Charleston Bride

Virginia · Married on 09/23/2017

There is not enough that I can possibly say to recommend A Charleston Bride. Our wedding planner, Lindsey Shanks, is the perfect combination of detail oriented organizer and creative mastermind. I am a type A person and Lindsey nailed every single part of my wedding to perfection. Not only was the wedding day of experience absolutely amazing, the year and a half we planned the wedding was stress free. One of the best parts of our wedding was how customized it was to us. Lindsey and Amanda really got to know us and took our vision and made it a million times better. Our guests have not stop talking about how perfect everything was - ACB thought of everything!!

Amanda Kelsey (who lead our RD and assisted with the wedding) was also an invaluable part of our team. Amanda is great at thinking through the flow of an event and she has a wonderful eye for details. On top of that she is so organized and on top of everything. Lindsey and Amanda went from being our wedding planners, to being our friends.

There are a lot of wonderful wedding planners in Charleston but none compare to A Charleston Bride. Some of them specialize more in design and others in planning but A Charleston Bride is the best in both categories. We cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Allison · Married on 01/23/2016

AMAZING. I absolutely LOVED working with the girls of A Charleston Bride on my wedding! They have wonderful ideas, but also really listened to me and helped make my vision come to life for my wedding. I worked with Haley on my wedding and Abby on my rehearsal dinner, with help from the other girls as well! From vendor suggestions to flawless execution, they made my day incredible. SO many people commented on how the day went off without a hitch, and how amazing our vendors were. I wouldn't have known who to pick without the ladies of ACB and was very lucky to have their help with my Charleston wedding. I was an out of town bride, and they always made sure I was on schedule, kept me on task, helped me meet guidelines, etc. I never felt like I was missing anything not constantly being in Charleston! I also feel like they really helped me get the most value for my money, and let me know options for keeping things in budget! LOVE LOVE LOVE this group of ladies!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Summer · Married on 10/24/2015

Booking a wedding planner was one of the best decisions I made when I began planning our wedding. The team at A Charleston Bride was absolutely amazing! From Lindsey, helping to find us the perfect vendors based on what we had chatted about or doing a little dance for me to keep me entertained while waiting for all of our guests to assemble for our sparkler exit to Louisa, finding the perfect chandeliers for our tented reception and Carisse, finding me orange juice and crackers at a moments notice when my blood sugar went low, this group of ladies knocked it out of the park. They are such a great team and even if one is not even assigned to your wedding should she hear something that would go perfectly with your design she will be glad to help out with a suggestion or two (looking at you Haley!). The ladies are extremely sweet and just fun to be around- they instantly remind you of your closest girlfriends after you meet with them for an hour or two. The Design and execution and all of the tiny details that come in between were done by A Charleston Bride and came out exactly as I had dreamed! For example, I wanted a "champagne wall" (or two) at the reception, and after countless emails, sketches, Skype sessions, etc, Lindsey and her carpenters made it happen, and these walls were an absolute show stopper. Let's talk about day of- this team created the most gorgeous tented reception and ceremony in a matter of hours and continued to make sure everything went smoothly throughout the entire night! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding, and it has been almost a year now! I can't thank these ladies enough for all of the hard work, dedication, and creativity they brought to our wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Tim + Wallace · Married on 07/17/2015

A Charleston Bride is THE BEST!!!!!! I didn't realize how important it is to make sure you have a planner for your big day. The only reason we decided to hire one is because I live in Atlanta and was getting married in Charleston. However, looking back on this past year and seeing all that they did for our wedding day - it is truly needed if you want the absolute best wedding ever. All of the details are taken care of from start to finish. Right when we got engaged, we had no idea what to do first. A Charleston Bride helps keep you on task month by month and they help you every step of the way so it is not overwhelming. It was actually so fun!! On the wedding day, I was so relaxed and was not worried about the flowers, or placement of decor or the flow of the night at all - they handled it all to perfection. Their team is setting up all day even before I arrived at the venue to get ready. I didn't worry if it was going to rain or not, because I trusted this team to handle any situation that came our way. I worked with Haley Kelly and she is an absolute dream come true. She was there for me every step of the way for the entire year of planning. She is truly an expert and professional at what she does and was so thankful for her advice & suggestions. She truly cares and we see her as a friend. We would not have had the most perfect wedding day without her and her team!!!! Our guests even said it was one of the most fun, easy and comfortable weddings they've ever been to. The evening just flowed so well and nothing was overlooked or missed. Now that we are married and are looking back on everything, I am realizing how much fun it all was working together, but also how absolutely NECESSARY it is to have A Charleston Bride for your wedding. I actually miss working with Haley and the team now that the wedding is over - that is how awesome they are!!!!! IIf you are looking for the perfect wedding day and want to have fun planning all year, hire A Charleston Bride!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Haley our wedding planner and the entire A Charleston Bride staff made our wedding so incredible. They are so amazing and truly pay attention to every detail. Our wedding day was so gorgeous and everything went off without a hitch-- perfectly organized so that me, my fiancé, and our families could just relax and enjoy the day! I could not recommend them more highly :)

Sent on 01/31/2015

Shannon · Married on 07/20/2013

I worked with Lindsey at A Charleston Bride and she was fantastic. Very creative and on top of everything. She became such a close friend to me to during the process too! :) She is simply amazing and anyone who gets the chance to work with her is very, very lucky.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Leslie · Married on 04/13/2013

A Charleston Bride was the vendor we chose to provide the draping and some of the outdoor seating for our daughter’s wedding reception at the Historic Rice Mill. We had the good fortune to work with Carolina Messier at A Charleston Bride who offered to help us even beyond our design plan for the outdoor covered patio. A Charleston Bride has so many colors and textures from which to choose – it was so easy! The draping we selected enhanced the seating area and provided a beautiful, romantic setting that included fabric shades over the outdoor lights. We also rented their round, fabric covered ottomans which gave our guests another seating option outdoors overlooking the marina and sunset on the Ashley River. Everything was delivered on time and set up exactly as we had designed. Caroline is excellent with her suggestions and can guide you through a draping design to suit your particular vision for your special day or event! We couldn’t have been happier!!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Beth · Married on 10/10/2015

Haley and the team at A Charleston Bride are the best, I cannot imagine planning my wedding without them. Haley has wonderful taste, is very responsive, and stays on top of every detail. She is also VERY patient despite my many questions and changes along the way. Haley always gave great guidance on what she would recommend but never pushed me into anything.

My wedding was the week after the 1000 year storm where many roads were closed, flooding was still a risk, etc. Haley re-confirmed with all vendors, ensured everyone knew how to get to our site despite the closures and I knew that I had nothing to worry about. The day of she kept the stress of a big storm away from me and in the end, everything was BEAUTIFUL, thanks to Haley; just as she promised.

Sent on 11/08/2015