A Big To Do Event Reviews

25 | Atlanta, GA

25 Reviews for A Big To Do Event

Keller · Married on 05/08/2015

Erica Prewett and her team and beyond amazing. Every detail was checked and recorded. She knows the best vendors and her personal attention is priceless. Often when we were meeting with a vendor she asked questions I hadn't thought to ask. And, I have a lot of experience in putting on special events! I wouldn't think of doing another wedding without her!

Sent on 05/13/2015

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Awww... Thank you Keller! I so loved being part of Ford and Blythe's rehearsal dinner celebration. You were a joy to work with! I've enjoyed our friendship and can't wait to catch up when I see you next.

• I

Ira · Married on 05/02/2015

We found Erica of A Big To Do Event through a recommendation from our hotel venue. She will tell you up front that her system is that she starts serious working on the event a month before the event, and then is on-site before the wedding and reception. Erica was able to meet with us even earlier, at our convenience, when our out-of-town daughter was able to come for a visit. From the beginning, Erica displayed confidence and professionalism assuring us that our event would go well. She delivered! She was responsive by phone, email, and video conference. She helped us with issues we had with the venue. She ran a smooth rehearsal, and then she was there early on wedding day, doing all sorts of things for us, staying until the very end of the reception. Erica is worth every penny.

Sent on 05/08/2015

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Holy cow, Ira! I am so touched that you took time to review us here! I loved working with you and Karen and your family for Stephanie's big day! Thank you so much for letting me be a small part of your family's memories. I really appreciate it and cherish the friendship that me and your family have begun.

Stephanie · Married on 05/02/2015

We would have been lost without Erica!! From the beginning we could tell how organized and experienced she was. Even though we hired her for the month of, she was always available for questions and calls. The month of, she organized the timeline, seating charts, vendors-everything! The day of, I felt like she was our secret service just having everything go smoothly and seamlessly. Whether you think you need a planner or not-you do and you need Erica! My wedding was what it was (amazing!) because of Erica and I can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 05/26/2015

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! This email was the highlight of my day! You and Brett were such an amazing couple to work with. I'm honored that I got to be part of your wedding memory. Please let me know the next time you are in Atlanta, I would love to catch up. Wishing you all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/18/2014

We decided to do a very DIY wedding, selecting all the vendors, putting it together, etcetera. Once we had all that together we realized that if we really wanted to enjoy the wedding day we needed to hire a day-of-coordinator. Boy am I glad that we made this decision!

We met with A Big to Do Event and immediately knew that we wanted to work with them. We worked with Lila and she was absolutely amazing. They told us that they do not do a "day-of-coordinator" but more of a "month-of-coordinator" and it was so true. Lila got us organized and ready for the wedding day. From going over contracts to creating a wedding weekend schedule, she was there for us.

Her input and help was invaluable. She took all the pieces that we had put together and wove them into a cohesive unit. The final walk through at the venue with our wedding planning booklet she provided was so helpful. There are so many things that you forget to think about and Lila had them all!

It was thanks to her that we truly got to ENJOY our wedding day. We didn't worry about a thing. She told us where to be and what to do and all we had to do was have fun! She communicated with all the vendors we had and ensured that the wedding was exactly as we imagined it. She is always two steps ahead of you and I cannot emphasize how VALUABLE having a coordinator is. It is one of the things that we almost didn't do and looking back I am so glad that we did!

My parents, his parents, the bridal party, the groomsmen, all commented on how amazing Lila and her assistant were. Not a moment out of place, everything went without a hitch. Thanks to her my parents were also able to enjoy the night instead of constantly trying to coordinate. Do not miss out on hiring these talented ladies!

Lila, thank you! We truly appreciate you and all you did for our wedding! Thank you!

Liz and Joe

Sent on 12/29/2014

Liz and Joe,
    Thank you so much for this review! It means the world to us that you took time to tell others you had a great experience. We are so honored to be part of your wedding memory and look forward to catching up with you soon.

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

Erica was a lifesaver and really made us feel someone had control of the day. We were able to just enjoy the wonderful experience without fretting over the details on the day of. She's well-known in the Atlanta wedding community and was a wealth of information on other vendors for us to check out. We truly had a phenomenal team, and we highly recommend Erica and A Big To Do Events.

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/14/2014

There are hardly any words to describe the team behind ABTDE. From the minute I met with Erica and her team, I didn't interview anyone else for our month-of wedding coordinating. Throughout our wedding process, Erica was completely available to me and was always eager to respond and help in any way that she could. Beginning a month out, the service was outstanding - the timeline she created for our big day was detailed down to the minute, and all of our vendors were thoroughly impressed. She took all of our worries away leading up to the day. My mom and I are quite the worriers, but we were able to fully enjoy our day because we knew Erica had everything—and I mean everything under control. Erica and her team put us at ease and assured us they were handling everything. Erica ran a flawless rehearsal, and she and Karin worked their butts off on our wedding day! We had a few minor things go wrong, and we never worried because they fixed anything and everything—and right away. I honestly could not have planned and executed our wedding without them. Our wedding party and all of our guests noticed how amazing they were and I honestly just want to scream and cry with joy, thanking them for such a job well done. The amount of appreciation I have for them is indescribable. They made our day perfect. Nothing but stellar reviews from this bride!! Thank you Erica and team for all you do!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Olivia,
    THANK YOU so much for this amazing review! We absolutely LOVED working with you and your Mom! Thank you for making our lives more fun during your planning and wedding day.

Looking forward to drinks and apps when you get back from your honeymoon!

Brandi · Married on 05/17/2014

Erica and her assistant are phenomenal! They planned/coordinated an amazing wedding and worked with me (the photographer) flawlessly. Leading up to the event they kept in contact with all the vendors right up until the day of, and coordinated with everyones timelines so that we all could work together seamlessly. As coordinators the day of, they kept the day running smoothly and on schedule even despite a few snags with pictures going past my pre-arranged allotted time frames. They worked with dilemmas and crises with ease and took care of all details, big and small, that commonly get looked over. Perfect team!! I will definitely be recommending them to all of my brides.

Catherine · Married on 04/05/2014

We used A Big To Do Event for our recent wedding. We worked with them for over a year, specifically Erica. Working with Erica was such a pleasure. Not only is she a fantastic resource, but also a much needed facilitator for the day of. Erica made sure everything went smoothly and helped to produce a wedding that was beyond what I ever imagined. I've come to realize that it must be tremendously hard for wedding planners because everyone wants to feel like they're the most important bride that you're working with. Erica did her best to realistically give that feeling to us specifically by promptly replying to phone calls/ text messages/ emails and handling breakdowns and irrational expectations professionally and kindly. If having a planner for the entire wedding planning process is not something that is feasible or something that you want, I still would highly recommend Erica and her team for the week of, or even just the day of. It was such a relief to know that we didn't have to worry about little things on the day of the wedding. Erica literally took care of everything with a smile on her face. Her resources are also incredible, she has an open mind, and a ton of vision. In addition to her own capabilities, she is blessed with a wonderful team. Particularly Lila, who helped us make a decision on a location, no easy feat, and Karen, who helped by managing the groom and groomsmen on the wedding day. All are friendly, knowledgable, and very kind!

Sent on 04/14/2014

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Awww. Thank you so much Catherine! I am so honored to have been able to work with you and your family for your wedding. You were an amazing bride to work with. Thank you for being part of my life for the past year! Looking forward to catching up after you get settled after the honeymoon!
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/30/2013

Erica's review is the one I saved for last to write because truly, I can't think of what to say that will accurately portray how blessed Stephen and I were to have her as our wedding planner. At our first meeting, Erica and I bonded over family similarities and I knew instantly that she could help me navigate the potential trigger points during the planning process and on the wedding day. Her thoughtful solutions to every problem that arose proved that I was right in my assessment of her. Looking back on our wedding day, my (now!) husband and I can honestly say that we didn't worry about a thing. What an amazing statement that is for a couple! Our families got to enjoy every minute of the wedding and our bridal party didn't have to be 'put to work' in order to get things done: Erica (the queen of checklists) was always 3 steps ahead. Every vendor we worked with made comments about Erica being our planner: they all knew her for her timeliness, checklists, and get-it-done attitude. She gracefully led us through contract negotiations, walk throughs, tipping, and the million other things you really dont even think about coming up. I felt like I was her only client as we got closer to the wedding, and I always felt like her friend. What I am getting at here is this: our best gift on our wedding day (other than finally being married), was Erica. And it was absolutely priceless.

Sent on 12/17/2013

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Awww. Erin!! Thank you so much!! It was absolutely my honor and privilege to work with you and Stephen (and your families) to celebrate your 1st day of married life. Thank you for the kind words and friendship.

Heather · Married on 11/09/2013

No words can explain how much of an impact that A Big To Do Events played in the most amazing day of our lives! My husband and I knew that we were going to need a full service wedding planner as I travel across the US almost weekly. Erica was referred to me by an old friend of mine and was the 4th and final meeting. Prior to meeting with Erica, she and I had an hour long conversation and she really made me feel at ease... Being newly engaged and extremely overwhelmed, that was a difficult task. I was prepared to "interview" a handful of planners and I had a list of questions that I was prepared to have answered. We met with all 4 planners, all having strong qualities, but as soon as we started talking with Erica my mother, husband and I all knew that she was the person that we wanted with us the entire wedding process (and for all 3 of us to agree on something without a debate was a true sign lol). We just connected on a personal level and she answered all of my questions without me even having to ask.

The team knew that I am very very busy and I didn’t want to have to make a ton of decisions. I asked that Eric/Lila selected their top 3 of every vendor and present these 3 to me (venue, bakery, photography, florist, caterer, ect). We had an absolute wedding dream team and for the most part, our stress level was low ( I realized through the process that I am a bit of a control freak--- oops). The entire team is very punctual, detailed, organized, responsive, and a joy to be around. The best part... I have made lifelong friends! Erica was there to listen to me vent (not sure this was part of the contract lol) and then helped me come up with a solution to my situations. She is truly a blessing! Erica/Lila- keep doing what you do because you truly made mine and EJs planning process a delightful experience and our wedding day was the PERFECT (and our guests agreed!)

My daughter lives out of town and when she got engaged we knew we needed help. Neither of us are design people so we had no idea how to go about putting together a wedding. We hired Erica of A Big To Do Event to help us have a wedding we would be happy with. Erica helped in so many ways. She provided advice concerning what makes a good wedding along with ideas on how to accomplish it. She provided vendor suggestions. She arranged and was present when we met with the potential photographers and florists and helped us think through the total picture of what my daughter wanted. From my perspective she provided someone who is younger than I am who could answer my daughter's questions about items I didn't even know existed. She helped us find vendors when we decided late to have a photo booth and a videographer and we got a discount on both of those. When one hairstylist wasn't working out for us Erica helped my daughter find a hair stylist who could do the hair style my daughter wanted for the wedding. Erica was a resource for answers to our questions from wedding etiquette to how many cocktail napkins to order. On the day of the wedding we were able to just enjoy the day because Erica was there to guide the events and be sure all went according to plan.
    And throughout, Erica was the picture of CALM which was needed to help us maintain a healthy perspective about the entire wedding process.

Sent on 01/31/2014

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Awww. That's so sweet! Thank you so much for these kind words. It was truly my pleasure!

emily · Married on 06/01/2013

Erica at A Big To Do Event was the Wedding Planner for both my daughters weddings. Most recently, 06/01/2013 in St. Simons Island, GA. Erica and A Big To Do Event are exceptional, professional and do a superb job. Erica has a beautiful talent of capturing a brides wedding dream and bringing it to life and insuring the wedding day is executed flawlessly. I highly recommend Erica and A Big To Do Event!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

A Big To Do Event's reply:

Awww... Thank you Momma Betty! I loved so much working with your family. Thank you for inviting me to be part of Em's big day. Love you lots.

Jaclyn · Married on 05/11/2013

We had Lila from A Big To Do coordinate our wedding for the day of. She was very detailed and on top of things. Before the wedding they had a set of questions prepared of things I never would have even thought about. The day of the wedding, Lila made sure that I was not doing everything myself which is a feat since I'm a control freak, but I was able to relax and enjoy every minute of it. A BIG thank you to her and A Big To Do for such a great job! She walked me and my bridal party through every step of the way so no one was left wondering what to do next.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Jaclyn,
    Thank you so much for your review! You were such a joy to work with! We loved working with you and your family. Thanks for letting us be part of your first day of married life. We wish you lots and lots of love and luck.
    Erica Prewett & Lila Wilson
    A Big To Do Event
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 05/06/2012

Amzing, organized, punctual, friendly

Completely satisfied!!! Erica made everything flow effortlessly and I did not have to worry or stress about one single thing! I was completely comfortable and confident in her!

Sent on 05/19/2012

Adrienne and JM,
    Thank you so much for the kind review! I loved working with you both! Looking forward to catching up during dinner in a couple of weeks!

T · Married on 04/21/2012

We are so happy that we chose A Big To Do Event to help us coordinate our wedding! We needed help with so much the month before and Erica and Lila were helpful, responsive, patient, and worked with us to make our vision for our special day happen. They offered great solutions to questions we had about everything- from logistics of the day to things we hadn't even thought to ask. The day ran smoothly and Lila was ready for anything and everything. As a "picky" bride I felt confident that no detail was going to be overlooked with A Big To Do and I could relax and enjoy the day after months of decision making. During the planning process it's easy to get distracted with projects and all the "fun stuff" that even the most organized bride will neglect things. A Big To Do made sure all the pieces came together perfectly.

The best thing about having a wedding planner is they are on the ball, I would never do it without her and her team! She is such an awesome person and was the biggest addition to our wedding team!

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

The Big To Do Event team is a must have for any wedding! They go above and beyond to ensure every last detail is taken care of so you (and your family and friends!) can be fully present to enjoy your day. Our wedding was out of town which added an additional layer of complexity for our planning. From general advice, to timelines, and wedding party "reminder" emails, every single detail was double checked. My big day was perfect for me and I know it would not have been the same without A Big To Do Event running the show!

Kathleen · Married on 10/01/2011

Erica is very professional and pleasant. She thought ahead and made excellent recommendations. I could relax and enjoy the wedding with Erica's help.

Molly · Married on 07/23/2011

Lila did a great job coordinating our wedding - we are forever thankful! She was very professional, and our vendors had a great time working with her. Thanks, Lila!

chelsea · Married on 06/18/2011

My wedding would not have ran as smoothly and wonderfully if it not were for the professional and beautiful Erica. I worked with her throughout the whole year and was able to stay stress free and happy throughout the whole wedding planning process. She is amazing, and I highly recommend her to anyone!

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

Erica is the best wedding planner in the world. I was able to hand her everything and not worry about a thing the weekend of our wedding. She is worth her weight in gold.

Theresa · Married on 06/12/2010

Dear Erica,

Rob and I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for everything you did to see that our wedding ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. We believed that, with the help of a very organized bridesmaid, we had everything covered. Therefore, we were constantly amazed at all the not-so-little details that you brought to the table for our consideration. Your preparedness and professionalism showed on our big day. We also appreciated you “running with it” when we changed our grand exit time without warning. It felt so wonderful when our guests complimented how smoothly everything ran from start to finish, and that is a credit to you.

Our own experience with you from start to finish could not have been better. Rob and I were excited about the contract you worked out with us, and relieved when you allowed us to spontaneously add a little more to the plan by asking you for assistance with floral and gown preservation. Furthermore, the vendor recommendations you gave us throughout the process were a perfect fit for our vision and budget.

When all was said and done, Rob and I think the best wedding decision we made was to retain your services. You can expect to hear from us when it comes time to plan an anniversary celebration. In the meantime, please know that we are more than happy to act as a reference for you should any potential clients make the request.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for the perfect start to our marriage!

- Rob and Theresa

heather · Married on 05/22/2010

Erica is my hero! I literally could not have gotten through all the details and planning and vendors, etc. without her. If you are planning any event, your first call should be to A Big To Do - it will save you so much time and money to have Erica's help.

allison · Married on 05/02/2009

I am so grateful to Erika and her services during my wedding preparations. She was extremely helpful from the beginning, when we were selecting locations and setting up a budget, all the way through to the end of the wedding and beyond. She promptly responded to all matters needing attention and was always available by phone, e-mail, or person to provide her professional advice. On the day of the wedding my husband and I (and our families) were able to relax and not worry about anything other than getting married. Erika was there by our sides when we needed her and she was also behind the scenes taking care of our 300 guests, 20 attendants, and vendors all at the same time. I would highly recommend her services to others looking for a wedding coordinator and I looking forward to using her services again in the future for large events/parties.

Sara · Married on 03/31/2012

Erica Prewett of A Big To Do Event was a wonderful head to our wedding vendor team. When we chose to change venues 3 1/2 months before the wedding, Erica was a wealth of knowledge to adjust all of our plans to the new venue. My mom and I were especially for Erica thankful as we transitioned venues- we would not have been able to do it without her and our caterers. Erica listened to me and helped me think through so many detailed aspects of the wedding. She responded promptly to all of my detailed e-mails, and really understood the our vision for the wedding. I really appreciated her in depth knowledge through the planning process. On the day of, she helped make all of the little details happen, and even helped move up our schedule of events when we decided we wanted to depart earlier than anticipated. Erica worked seamlessly with our vendor team to insure that everything was perfect. On our first meeting with Erica, she asked us what we wanted our guest to say about our wedding. We responded with "fun." Erica helped us make our wedding vision possible, and yes, all of our guests came away saying "that was fun."