a beautiful gathering Reviews

a beautiful gathering 4
a beautiful gathering 5
a beautiful gathering 6

Alexandra · Married on 05/20/2017

Amanda is absolutely amazing. From start to finish she is the most accommodating, friendly, thorough person to work with. She loves and is passionate about what she does, and she has the most amazing heart behind her work. At our initial meeting, she spoke of how she loves wedding planning because she loves marriage, and the bringing together of two people, and that passion shows in everything she does.

Don't have any vendors picked out yet? Fear not. Amanda comes armed with an arsenal of referrals to seasoned vendors of all different specialties. Plus she's been in the business and worked with a lot of them before, so they've already got a great flow and relationship established.

Whether you're detail-oriented and have been dreaming of your wedding day your entire life, or you could care less whether the food is surf and turf or In-N-Out, Amanda will work with your needs and preferences and make sure absolutely everything is taken care of to your liking. I am a very detail and administratively oriented person, and even with my relentless questions and pestering, she always made me feel like a priority, responding right away and giving attention to even the smallest of things. I was so worried the week of the wedding about details falling through the cracks (because I'm a crazy person), but there was absolutely no need. Amanda thought of everything, and made sure that all the details with vendors, setup, flow, etc. were covered. Everyone kept telling me to expect something to go wrong the day of, but absolutely nothing did. I mean the WHOLE TIME I was waiting for something to go wrong, but everything was perfectly smooth, all thanks to her! She's like a wedding ninja. Hire her now. NOW.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    a beautiful gathering 7
    a beautiful gathering 8
    a beautiful gathering 9
    a beautiful gathering 10
    a beautiful gathering 11
    a beautiful gathering 12

Amber · Married on 05/13/2017

Amanda did such an amazing job coordinating and helping plan our wedding. Every couple should have someone like her to COMPLETELY take the stress and decision-making off their shoulders on the day of the wedding. Leading up to the wedding, Amanda helped us by giving vendor recommendations, kept us on track with timelines, and answered any and all questions we had. There were even a few things that came up last minute, in the few days before the wedding, and Amanda just took care of it and worked with vendors to make any adjustments to take that off of our minds. Post-wedding, so many of our guests told us how flawless the evening was, and we give all that credit to Amanda. Our family and wedding party all kept complimenting her on how organized, professional, and thorough she was. I (the bride) am a perfectionist and not very good at delegating, but trust me - you want someone as experienced as Amanda to turn all those ideas in your head, and all those hours of preparation, into a perfect day. I'm also very practical and budget-conscious, and investing in Amanda was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She got to know us and our preferences so that once the wedding day arrived, she took everything we had planned, without having to check with us for much, and just made it happen. If anything did go wrong that day, we had no idea - which is exactly the point! We highly recommend her for planning your special, magical day that only happens once.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Reena · Married on 03/19/2017

Amanda is amazing. My wedding is the most talked about wedding out of everyone in my family. Amanda helped from the initial planning stages, to the days right before the wedding. She truly cares about your vision and wants to ensure you have the wedding of your dreams. My husband and I are truly happy we hired her. Not a single thing went wrong or was questionable the day of the wedding. We had the wedding of our dreams envisioned, and when it came to life, it was so much more. She takes care of the small details that you may not think of. I am not a huge planner, in fact, I hate planning. Having Amanda as our wedding planner, was the absolute best thing we could have done. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She takes care of you, but also looks at the big picture. If your parents have input, she makes sure to try and appease everyone in the decisions. It truly takes someone like Amanda to be able to handle literally everything. We threw so much at her, had so much time to work with her, and still made many many last minute changes. She did not even flinch. She handled everything with poise and professionally. She has many amazing recommendations about vendors that I would have never known about had I not had Amanda planning my wedding. In addition, she is flexible, easily adjusts to change, and just wants to do the best for each couple. She is easy to work with, has a great personality, and has a huge inventory of items that she will let you borrow...in my case, it was quite often, but never once did she say no. She was always willing to help and make our lives easier. I recommend Amanda wholeheartedly. She made our dream wedding, into a reality...that was so much more than we expected, all the way down to the little details.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Linda · Married on 10/29/2016

This is the second wedding that Amanda helped us with. She clearly knew all the necessities and frills that make a wedding go very smoothly. She was great about staying in touch with vendors and us all along the process of organizing and putting on the wedding. She has great ideas, and really makes an effort to have the wedding reflect the taste of the couple. She was great at pulling out of the brides, my daughters, what they wanted and implementing those ideas. The best part was that each of the my brides were calm going into the wedding about the details and they could focus on what really mattered, their new life. I was calm because I wasn't crazy running around setting up the wedding! So, I got to enjoy the day as well. I always suggest Amanda and her team because I always hope their wedding will be as enjoyable as ours were! Thanks!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/29/2016

Amanda is AMAZING!!! She put together such a magical wedding with details I couldn't have dreamed of. Everyone was blown away. She made the process stress - free and was great to work with. You can tell she puts her heart into her work and really enjoys her job. I can't imagine a better wedding and I highly recommend her to anyone planning their special day!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Preeti · Married on 10/15/2016

This review is long overdue. Amanda coordinated our large, complex, and intricate Indian Wedding back in October and knocked it out of the park! Our venue recommended her to us because she was familiar with the space and we are so happy they did. Amanda is patient, professional and caring but is not afraid to challenge you or ask tough questions. This is important especially when dealing with many different vendors as we did. Not only was our wedding complex, we had a freak wind/rain storm come through for our wedding weekend so Amanda literally had to flip all of our spaces a few days before and bring in additional tenting etc. She handled all the changes gracefully and with a smile on her face, and made sure that no one knew our gorgeous reception was not our Plan A. My family keeps raving about Amanda and how awesome she was to work with-- our wedding would not have been possible without her. If you are in need of a planner or coordinator, do not hesitate to contact A Beautiful Gathering!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jordan · Married on 09/03/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience working with Amanda. She is extremely organized and always responded to my emails very promptly, which for a stressed-out bride was so comforting! She is kind and easy to get along with, and she helped form my vision of what I wanted my wedding day to look like. The vendors she recommended were all amazing and so easy to work with. Amanda is able to stay calm during the most stressful moments, always ready to solve whatever problem we were facing.

The week before the wedding, I was mentally preparing myself to be a bundle of stress. But because of Amanda's timeline and guidance, I was able to remain completely stress-free the week before the wedding. She dealt with the last-minute contract changes, so I was able to focus on what was really important: marrying my husband! She encouraged us to have a date night during that week where we weren't allowed to talk about the wedding, and it was so special. It's easy to get caught up in the stress and the details of the wedding day, but because of Amanda I was able to focus on what was really important. I am so happy that we found Amanda and will absolutely recommend her to all my friends getting married in the future!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Bailey · Married on 08/13/2016

It's been a month since my husband and I tied the knot, and I don't think I could've possibly created the dream wedding we had without Amanda. I found Amanda through the venue we chose and after meeting with her I knew it was going to be a wonderful fit. Planning with her was a blast, she checked in from the beginning to see how hands on I wanted to be and from there we were off! She managed to sync us up with vendors that not only did a beautiful job but that we enjoyed being around which was so important to us. Nothing fell through the cracks and she guided me through the entire process. All of my ideas came to life on my big day, but you know you have an exceptional wedding planner when they have you figured out enough to add certain touches and blow you away. I don't think we could've asked for a better experience at all, we were so happy. She takes the time to know you well enough so that on your big day if something goes awry she can handle it in a way that you would give the thumbs up, if you even knew it happened (she's that good) I would recommend her to anyone, only if they deserve her ?? Thank you Amanda!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Margot · Married on 07/10/2016

My advice is to hire Amanda! She listened to our wants and needs. Her attention to detail and time management were so well done !perfection! Every detail was executed so well. we put our day I her hands, She took all the worry out of a very special day,
    hank You Amanda for Making our Daughters Wedding a beautiful Memory. Worth every dollar spent.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/10/2016

The decision to go with a wedding coordinator was a tough one for us as the bride is such a thorough and organized individual. Looking back, we couldn't imagine our big day without Amanda and the incredible attention to detail that she gave us. From start to finish we just still can't believe how smoothly the day went. We owe that all to Amanda. Aside from seamlessly running the show with such ease, she completely designed and orchestrated the decor that left us in awe of the elegance and beauty of our wedding. She fully understood who we were and how we wanted the event to be portrayed. The vision we had became a reality. Our guests could not stop complimenting us on our choice to have a wedding coordinator. They mentioned over and over again the quality and professionalism of Amanda and A Beautiful Gathering. With the bride to be working full-time, finishing grad school and planning a wedding, Amanda stepped in and knew exactly when and where to coordinate meetings, who should be in attendance, and was always the first one on the scene in preparation. Although the mother of the bride stated that she was ready to assist in any way with wedding planning, she felt a sense of relief in that she was able to turn it over to Amanda and simply enjoy in the process. We can't say enough about how impressed we were with the service we received. And to be quite honest, we developed a relationship with Amanda and will forever keep in contact. A Beautiful Gathering made the memory of our wedding day one that you could only wish for. Any couple would be lucky to have Amanda by their side.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Amanda was a life-saver many times over during our wedding day, not to mention during our planning! Amanda was our day of coordinator at our wedding a few weeks ago and I am SO glad I was referred to her. She had a wealth of knowledge and advice, and she was very familiar with our venue so she made wrapping our heads around the layout and events the day of much easier. I found Amanda to be very assertive, tactful, detail oriented, and creative - all great qualities when looking for a coordinator. Amanda was very good at listening but was not afraid to pose questions or probe further to find out more details (she has clearly seen a lot!) in a helpful and not-overbearing way. She was a great sounding board for ideas and her inventory of decor was a great compliment to what we had purchased. She handled everything the day of to make sure vendors were all set and tasks were getting done so we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Kristina · Married on 04/30/2016

Having Amanda as our wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made. From the first email to the day of the wedding, she was professional, caring, and always took care of every detail impeccably. Amanda made our wedding beautiful with setting-up every decoration perfectly and letting us borrow decor from her as well! On the day of the day wedding, she was amazing at keeping everyone on schedule, remained calm through everything, could always find her when needed, and took care of every detail before we ever even noticed something was wrong. She was great about attending to each guests needs and assuring us, the couple, that she was taking care of everything. Amanda was an amazing coordinator, great to work with, and would recommend hiring her to everyone!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Anita · Married on 01/09/2016

A beautiful gathering is amazing and absolutely necessary for planning a wedding! I could not have done it without her! I did not know there was so much to planning a wedding!!! Amanda was so organized and detailed, I could totally enjoy the day without one single worry! (and I sincerely mean that - not one!) I knew if I had forgotten anything - it would be taken care of! I know there are dozens of tiny details that she attended too the day of our wedding, to make sure the day went smoothly - and it was the best day! My family was also able to enjoy the whole day, because she had it so organized and was so patient with everyone's ideas and input!! I could not be more thankful for her services, advice and patience with all the planning for our special day! I would recommend her 100% to anyone who is planning a wedding! She is an amazingly talented wedding coordinator!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/10/2015

On one of the busiest days of my life, Amanda took all of the craziness away from the day and let me focus on what was truly important.

When we met Amanda, we signed a contract for day-of coordination, to move things around for us and be my right-hand person on the wedding day. However she became SO MUCH MORE throughout the months of working together! Every idea I had, she enhanced. At one point, only a month or so out from the wedding, I still hadn't put together escort card holders, and she offered to take over the project. I had irrational fears of cards falling over in the wind (indoors?) and she was able to take over, find a great solution and get it done for me! Besides just being crafty and knowing how to calm a crazy bride... she has AMAZING design skills. She has a great collection of wedding decorations and a creative mind that knows how to use them! I never got to see the inside of her garage, but my Mom did, and said it was like a wedding wonderland! The day of the wedding I was blown away by how wonderful everything looked! It was something I would have never been able to come up with on my own. Also, I started to get nervous as we were pulling up to the venue, but as soon as I saw Amanda, I knew she had anything covered I needed. She's amazing, and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Sandra · Married on 07/11/2015

Amanda wad beyond amazing!!! She truly cares for her clients and goes above and beyond to ensure her clients are satisfied. Amanda is an angel if it wasn't for her I probably would not have been able to get married last July. A week before our wedding day, our venue closed down. Amanda took it upon herself to help us find another venue and help move everything in 7 days. She not only helped me with all the logistics but she took the time to make sure I didn't have a heart attack with all the extra stress. Our wedding day was beyond perfect. Amanda took care of all the details and handled everything with great professionalism and care.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Aimee · Married on 06/27/2015

Our wedding was more perfect than I could have ever imagined and that is all because of Amanda. From our first meeting with Amanda, I knew that we had to hire her. She is incredibly organized, thoughtful and truly gifted at what she does. We gave Amanda quite the task as we decided to have a wedding of 250 people at my in-laws private home. We had no idea what we were getting into by having a backyard wedding and I can confidently say that without Amanda the day wouldn’t have been possible.

From the beginning Amanda thought of every last detail, giving us vendor recommendations, amazing design ideas and her expertise. Knowing the extra expenses associated with any DIY/at home wedding, Amanda always kept our budget top of mind. Even after the wedding, Amanda noted every discrepancy and misplaced piece from the rental company and asked for a refund, which they granted! This shows how much Amanda cares about her couples and how far she goes to make sure every last detail is accounted for.

Amanda was always available and incredibly responsive despite her busy schedule. I always felt like a priority and she would always call and e-mail me with updates and ideas. She made the experience for my husband and I so enjoyable, as we knew we could trust her with anything. She came to the house multiple times to meet our various vendors and to ensure she was in the loop on every last detail

Amanda is incredibly professional and on our wedding day she was so calm and everything ran so smoothly. I knew that if anything was to go wrong, it would be handled. This is what you want in your wedding coordinator. Amanda provided a night for us and our families that we will never forget. As you can tell I have more than enough wonderful things to say about Amanda. We are incredibly grateful for all she did for us and highly recommend her for your wedding or event. Trust us, she will be the best decision you make!

Thank you Amanda for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/13/2015

An important message for all mother's of the bride! Hire a wedding planner! I really must thank my friend who gave me this excellent advise. Secondly, I need to thank the owner of our venue who recommended Amanda. Upon our first meeting with Amanda my daughter and i knew we were in good hands. She listens to all the brides ideas and vision, she asked all the right questions and brought to our attention a multitude of details we would have never been prepared for. Amanda is organized, professional, and has an incredible attention to detail. Amanda was very helpful in finding vendors, decorations, misc items we needed for the wedding. I was so relaxed the day of the wedding because I knew Amanda was in charge.
    Come wedding day, Amanda handled all the vendors, handled a catering crisis without anyone's knowledge, and monitored the vendor contracts to be sure we were getting all we had paid for. Amanda kept the reception on schedule without ever seeming to rush us along.
    At the end of the evening, she helped us clean up the venue to ensure we would receive our security deposit.
    Amanda helped to make our daughter's wedding an absolute perfect day!
    I know when our younger daughter gets engaged, Amanda will be the first call I make. I highly recommend Amanda for all your party planning needs.

Sent on 06/23/2015

ginger · Married on 05/03/2015

There is no way to fully express how perfect our experience with Amanda was. In coordinating our wedding, she went above and beyond in every aspect of our special day...as well as leading up to it. Every single detail was better than I could ever imagine and there isn't one thing I would change. While enjoying our wedding day, I remember being pleasantly surprised with how perfectly Amanda put everything together and how perfectly she transformed my vision into reality. There is no way I would of had my perfect day if it wasn't for Amanda.

Along with the small details, perfect decor set-up, and coordinating the entire day to go smoothly, Amanda allowed us to enjoy our day 100% stress free. Throughout the whole day her main concern was that everything was perfect for us...and it was. The planning process went so smoothly with her help and many wonderful suggestions along the way. Our outside vendors even mentioned how great she was...professional and extremely nice. Hiring Amanda was the best decision we made for our big day!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Linda · Married on 05/02/2015

Amanda is amazing! She is easy going and a pleasure to work with. She made sure everything for my daughters wedding went smoothly. They day would not have been a success without her. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't say enough good things about Amanda. About 3 months into the wedding planning process, we moved from the wedding location in Northern California to our new home in Texas. Amanda made long distance planning a breeze. She has every attribute you want in a wedding planner. She is creative and always had great suggestions and input. She's prompt and responsive to all calls and emails and she's super organized. I'm a very organized person, and it's hard for me to give up control, but it was easy in this case. I could tell she would get things done, and she did it perfectly. The wedding was beautiful and went perfectly and I actually got to relax and just enjoy it thanks to all of her work!

Sent on 10/26/2016