A Beautiful Day Events MI Reviews

25 | Plymouth, MI

25 Reviews for A Beautiful Day Events MI

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2011

I am sooooooooooooo glad we hired Rachel!! The whole day, both myself and DH were not stressed AT ALL about anything going wrong because we knew Rachel would take care of it. All of our vendors went to her with questions and so on which kept that off of me and DH. She put together a great timeline for the day of that I couldn't have had the wedding without. She went back and forth through email a lot and very quickly. She set up all of our decorations perfectly and made the whole night run smoothly. Her prices are good too!

Sent on 06/15/2011

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Jessica, I am SOOO glad things worked out for the best for how you envisioned your wedding day after all! Big relief! Thanks so much for having faith in us and letting us do our job while you relaxed, as it should be!

Neely · Married on 05/07/2011

I hired Rachel to help with our wedding in May 2011. She was helpful, supportive, gracious with my other vendors and guests, and importantly she was organized and on top of everything I asked of her. My wedding was rather elaborate, as it was in a huge museum with lots of guests and I had to hide an entire marching band from my husband before the wedding. However, Rachel took everything in stride and managed to keep everyone happy and on time. If you ask her to take care of something, consider it done. Her prices are above reasonable (for all she did for me any other planner would have charged thousands), and above all, she was just nice to have around during the process. I would recommend her (and have) to anyone getting married.

Sent on 06/18/2011

Sarah · Married on 12/11/2010

I can't say enough about Rachel and a beautiful day events. She made our wedding day run smoothly and absolutely perfect. She was very flexiable, understanding, and extremely organized and on top of everything. She smoothed over bumps in the road the day of our wedding and before. In the weeks leading up to our day she kept me on track even through my brain lapses. We are sooo glad we made the investment in hiring Rachel for our DOC. I woud recommended her to anyone who asked. Thank you thank you thank you for making our day amazing!

Sent on 12/21/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks a million for the fast review, Sarah! We loved working with you! Good luck for many years to come & happy holidays!

Amanda · Married on 10/23/2010

Rachel made our wedding day go perfectly smooth as our day-of-coordinator. With our busy work schedules and having to move two weeks before our wedding, she kept everyone on track and on the same page. My only regret is not hiring her earlier in the process to coordinate our entire wedding. She is extremely professional, friendly and goes above-and-beyond to make your day the best it can be...and if things go wrong, you'll probably never even know it until after the fact!

Sent on 11/02/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks Amanda & Doug! You were a wonderful couple and I appreciate the opportunity to work with you! Best wishes and thank you :)

Amy · Married on 10/02/2010

Rachel and A Beautiful Day Events were absolutely fabulous. It was the best decision I made when planning my wedding. Rachel assisted me with questions I didn't know who else to ask and really truly calmed my nerves the weeks leading up to my big day. The day of, she was so flexible and even changed her plans and went out of her way to better assist me. She was so calm and took care of everything at the venue, situations occurred that my family and I were totally unaware of and she just took care of them all. I am so incredibly happy that I chose to work with Rachel and A Beautiful Day Events, they were an integral part of making my day a success.

Sent on 04/07/2011

Christine · Married on 08/14/2010

Whatever you do, you must hire Rachel as the DOC for your wedding! She was by far the best money we spent throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was organized, efficient, professional and beyond helpful. There were a few snags over the course of the day that Rachel came to the rescue on which we had no idea happened until well after the wedding day. As far as we knew, our day ran as smooth as butter (other than the oppressive heat and humidity which was out of all of our hands). Not only did she help set up our reception room exactly the way we had envisioned, but she also coordinated our wedding ceremony lineups and tore down everything at the end of our day. She had to make a mad dash during the ceremony to find the groom's wedding band (which happened unbeknownst to us!) and she had to run out for liquor when we were running low at the reception. Her timelines and planning forms were extremely helpful beforehand and she was available at anytime to answer our questions and concerns. She was a complete life saver!! We highly recommend hiring Rachel for your wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Love love loved working with you two, AND your families! Thank you also for our fun talks, I hope they continue even though your wedding is over now!

Alicia · Married on 06/25/2010

I am so glad that I decided to hire Rachel as our DOC. I knew she was highly recommended, but I was still amazed at her level of professionalism and attention to detail. She created a very detailed timeline for us, which helped to relieve a lot of stress on my end during the days leading up to the wedding. Our reception room looked so beautiful when we arrived! Rachel did a great job with our memory table. My husband and I were both very pleased with how beautiful she made it look. It was something that was really important to us and Rachel set it up perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Looks like we have a duplicate review from Alicia & Nate...Thanks so much you two!

Alicia · Married on 06/25/2010

Sent on 07/13/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks so much Alicia! Your bridal party was so fun, and you and Nate were terrific to work with!
  • kendzior42

Jaclyn · Married on 05/22/2010

I cannot say enough about Rachel! My vendors were even commenting to me about how amazing she was to work with. She completely took away any stress that might have arisen on the day of the wedding. We really didn't have anything go wrong due to the timeline being followed and Rachel working in the background making sure that everything was running smoothly! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I HIGHLY recommend Rachel for your DOC!

Sent on 06/24/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn! Your wedding had so many fun elements, I really enjoyed it and am glad you are happy with us. Thanks also for your terrific organization!

Beth · Married on 05/15/2010

Rachel was absolutely phenomenal! She thought of many details that I had overlooked, & always had advice when I asked her opinion on the scheduling of our day. She took a TON of stress away from our day, because I knew if any issue came up she would handle it.
    There were no major disasters the day of our wedding (That I'm aware of :-P), but I had such a peace of mind knowing that she was there & would fix anything that came up. She really helped me relax & enjoy every moment of our wedding day!!!!
    If you're on the fence about hiring a DOC, I would definitely say Do It!!! And I would DEFINITELY recommend you hire A Beautiful Day Events!!!

Sent on 06/22/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks Beth! Your details were what was phenomenal, just beautiful!
  • F

Mike and Cindy · Married on 04/17/2010

Rachel and her assistant John did such an amazing job helping with everything the day of our wedding. They were quick in set up and pack up and always made sure things were running smoothly throughout the night. They were also very polite, friendly, courteous and on their toes the entire time. It was so nice having a coordinator to go that extra mile to make sure everything was in perfect order when setting up our reception venue decorations; not everyone is willing to go and buy candles when ours burned out! Thank you SO much for everything! A+++

Sent on 05/01/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks for having faith in us Cindy! You and Mike were a pleasure to work with!

Heather · Married on 01/02/2010

Rachel was my favorite vender and soo easy to work with! She took care of every little detail at the wedding from set up to take down! Not to mention keeping everything on time and organized. She worked with all of our venders the week before the wedding. She also saved our Vodka drinkers at the reception! We ran out of Vodka before dinner was over and she ran out and stocked the bar back up!! It was soo convenient!! I am so happy I didn't have to 'work' on my wedding day. At the end of the reception I started to pick things up and pack them away.. lol, they told me to sit and hang out. They took care of EVERYTHING! Rachel doesn't charge nearly enough for what she does and you need to hire her before she realizes it! I have two friends that are going to hire Rachel for their weddings in the fall this year. It will be great to see her again!!

Thanks for everything Rachel!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thank you Heather! Your wedding started our year off right, everything was just so pretty!

Adrienne · Married on 11/28/2009

Rachel did a phenomenal job as my day of coordinator. I would and have recommended her to any bride. She made sure everything was set up perfectly and helped take everything down at the end of the night when we only had a half out to clean up everything. She offerred great suggestions for the ceremony and helped organize and keep everything running smooth throughout the ceremony and the reception.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2009

Rachel is very organized and truly LOVES what she does. She treats weddings as if they are her own. She pays attention to all the little details in everything that comes along with a wedding. Im so happy we were able to afford a DOC. Rachel is so affordable and underpriced for all the hard work she does. I didnt worry about a thing the entire day because I had Rachel. Rachel even drove out of her way to meet me at my hall so we could go over how i envisioned everything. She wrote EVERYTHING down She got a timeline together and forwarded it to every single vendor of mine. On the day of she went and got the hall all set up exactly how I had imagined it. IT WAS PERFECT. For the ceremony she lined everyone up and made sure we started on time. I didnt notice a thing that went wrong and that is all due to Rachel and her hard work. Everything looked gorgeous. She kept checking on me & my hubby all night to make sure we didnt need anything and that we were ok. I cant thank her enough and tell you enough to HIRE Rachel.

Sent on 11/18/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Much appreciated, Jennifer! You and your families were awesome to work with, I loved your mom :)
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2009

Thanks Rachel for the awsome job at our wedding.

When Austin and I first started planning we saw no need for a DOC. We thought we would be able to do it all by ourselves. Boy were we wrong. We exchanged emails, had a few face to face meetings and I had chance to give her a tour of the reception venue.

We needed someone who was NEAT, DETAIL ORIENTED, EFFICIENT AND A PERFECTIONIST. We found those qualities in Rachel. It also helped that she was a fellow bride and knew what my expectations were.

Using a DOC will help put your mind at ease. Be sure to inform your family about the reason the DOC is at the wedding. DOC is there to help you have a fabulous wedding.

Rachel made sure all the details that I needed on the day of the wedding were taken care of. She picked up the baskets for the bubbles and the programs and delivered them to the church.
    I also had a few DIY wedding stuff and I would not have trusted anyone else with organizing everything the way that I wanted it.
    Rachel and her assistant Dawn made sure the floweres were delivered to the groomsmen and other family members. She also made sure that the centerpieces were in their designated location.

Two days before the wedding she confirmed all my vendors. photog, hair, makeup and DJ to make sure everyone was on the same page and knew their timeline.

Another thing, I didn't want to go to the church to sit and wait around. I wanted to get to the church, step off the limo and walk down the asile. Thanks Rachel we were able to do that. My MOH called Rachel when were 10 minutes away from the chucrh so she could get everyone ready for my arrival. The timing was perfect.

I appreciate everything that Rachel and her assistant Dawn did. They made sure that our wedding ran smoothly, We were on time!!!

Lisa & Austin Garcia

Sent on 10/08/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Much love Lisa, I am so glad you were pleased with what we did for you!

Melissa · Married on 09/13/2009

I had hoped for, but never thought a DOC was in our budget. Luckily, we came across Rachel with A Beautiful Day Events. After hiring her, I knew I wouldn't have any worries on the day of. She met us at our venue in the weeks before our wedding to go over a spreadsheet of details that baffled me. I hate to think how the day would have turned out without her. She created a timeline for us & made sure all vendors were present and accounted for, leaving me to enjoy my day. The hall and church were set up beautifully, the evening ran according to schedule and at the end of the night, everything was packed up safe & sound. Rachel is 100% professional, efficient and meticulous. My advice for all brides to be is to hire her, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/29/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Melissa, you were a stunning bride and I enjoyed your wedding and wedding guests a lot. Thanks so much!

Nicole · Married on 08/22/2009

A Beautiful Day Events - (A++) She was excellent! If it was not for her, everything would not have went as smoothly as it went. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is planning a wedding. She is way under priced, for what she does!!! She did my timeline for me and submitted it to all my vendors. And, when doing my timeline, she thought of sooooooo many things that I would never have thought of. She helped to make sure that everything was perfect the day of!! I couldn't ask for anyone better then her. She and her assistant kept the candy buffet full, they set-up the place card table, the memory table, our shepherds hooks and pomanders, and our unity sand. They had an emergency kit ready for anyone that needed anything, including my Mother who needed safety pins. I just cannot say a much about how great "A Beautiful Day Events" was, I said it before and I will say it again, I HIGHLY recommend them, to everyone.

Sent on 09/14/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

So glad you were happy with us Nicole! Your families (most specifically your mom and aunts) were so good to us and so helpful. We enjoyed working for and with you so very much!

Jackie · Married on 08/21/2009

What can I say about Rachel... she is SO organized and truly LOVES what she does. She treats weddings as if they are her own. She takes attention to all the little details in everything that comes along with a wedding. I contacted Rachel because I had heard so much about her work and have seen it with my own eyes and I am so glad I decided to hire a DOC. The last thing you want to worry about is sending someone from your family or even a friend to get things set up and make sure everything is running smoothly because remember that family member or friend wants to enjoy your wedding day as much as you. I cant tell you how happy I was to get a DOC. I didnt worry about a thing the entire day because I had Rachel. She kept me and my MOH in the loop the entire day. Rachel even drove out of her way to meet me at my hall so she could look at the set up and work her magic. She got a timeline together and forwarded it to every single vendor of mine. On the day of she went and got the hall all set up exactly how I had imagined it and met me at the church where she lined everyone up and made sure we started on time. After the ceremony she made sure we were ok and then headed back to the hall to get the final touches on everything and to see that the other vendors had made it there. I didnt notice a thing that went wrong and that is all due to Rachel and her hard work. Everything looked gorgeous. She kept checking on me & DH all night to make sure we didnt need anything and that we were ok. She really knows how to make someone feel special. I cant thank her enough and tell you enough to HIRE A DOC!!!

Sent on 10/08/2009

XOXO always Jackie!

Sabrina · Married on 08/09/2009

Hiring A Beautiful Day Events was hands-down the best money I spent for my wedding. Rachel was affordable, helpful, hard working, friendly, and just all around amazing. She did all of the set-up and tear-down for my venue. It was such a relief to not have to worry about all those details while trying to get ready for the wedding. She even set up my wedding cake even though she had no advance warning. She (and her assistants) work so hard and really care about you and your wedding. I'm still recommending her services to all of my friends. Don't pass her up, she's more than worth it!

Sent on 09/11/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you Sabrina!! You also had some other terrific vendors and everyone worked together so well ~ this helps a lot and makes my day so much easier!

Kellie · Married on 08/08/2009

Rachel from A Beautiful Day Events is phenomenal! She is such a great vendor to work with and I would recommend her any day. Her attention to detail, responsiveness to emails, phone calls is great and prompt! You will not be sorry with hiring her for coordination services. Everyone always thinks that a DOC is not necessary but man your so wrong! She handles everything from the minor mishaps to major ones to ensure you day can run as close to perfect as possible!

On my wedding it rained cats and dogs! Rachel and her assistant came to the hall that morning to begin setting up. She went above and beyond because my reception site was were EVERYTHING needed to be brought in! She had the list I provided her and got to work! At the ceremony my wrap for my bouquet began to come un-done so once again was Rachel with pearl pins to secure the ribbon together. Then before taking pictures I literally felt as if I was going to faint so she brought me a glass of water to keep me hydrated. At the reception Rachel and her assistant made me feel like Royalty (seriously) getting me everything I needed, constantly checking on me and everything. At the end of the night she packed up my vases, tealights and everything! I knew she was great prior to the wedding that I already had her thank you card and tip ready at the end of the night (yes she is that great)!

Love her, book her, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/24/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Kellie, I am so touched by this review, especially knowing what you went through prior to your wedding, the wedding day downpour, and the passing of your grandmother just after she attended your wedding. I wish you & Victor years of good luck. If rain on the wedding day is any indicator of marital good luck as they say, then you will be set for a looooong lucky marriage!

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2009

I can not imagine how the day would have gone without Rachel. She made it happen. Everyone kept telling me how fabulous she was and nice. She set-up everything PERFECTLY...cleaned up the room at night when the shuttle came early and Trev and I had to leave :( lol the best part was in the middle of our ceremony our votive for the Moms to light the tapers blew out and they were standing up there like WTF? Rachel ran up and lit it really quickly...saved the day! She also saved our friend who had a terrible headache with some Advil. With all the changes at Silver Garden the week before I was really nervous and she made sure everything was done as we planned. She saved my sanity and made it a PERFECT day. She did it all better than any friend/relative or I could have. Everyone kept telling me how great she was days after. She even packed us up some food for later since we weren't hungry at dinner time.

Sent on 08/20/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks a bunch, Ashley! The family members that you seated me with adopted me as if I were one of them :-) Everyone was wonderful, you looked gorgeous, and I cannot wait to see your pro pics done by one of my favorite photographers. Thanks for giving me the opportunity, you rock!

Shelby · Married on 06/20/2009

The day of my wedding Rachel and her crew seriously saved my day. There were a couple things that went wrong and Rachel made sure that not only did I not know about them, but they were fixed in a way that I didnt realize anything had happened until I spoke to her AFTER the wedding. Here are the main highlights of Rachel saving my day:

1) Kevin forgot the roses for his brother and Father's seat at the reception. Rachel sent her helper out to buy them. She even had him get red ones. This was NOT something that she had to do. She knew how much it meant to Kevin and remembered from meetings (this wasnt written down,) that Kevin had wanted that. That in itself should be enough to convince you to hire Rachel. Her attention to details is amazing. I cried when I found out she did that. Again, it was not written down, she remembered this from talking to Kevin and I.

2) As mentioned above, the DJ screwed up, and Kevin forgot the songs for our first dances- Rachel went around the reception, found someone with an Iphone and fixed the problem. All without me knowing there was even a problem. I had no idea anything was wrong.

3) All the flowers were handed out to the correct people and I didnt have to think about that at all, the candy buffet was set up, (even a new container was decorated as a surprise!) the reception looked fantastic, and was torn down just as efficiently. I went back to the hotel room knowing that I didnt have to worry about anything. She even helped my mom carry gifts (yes we had a boatload of physical gifts,) out to the car. And when I unpacked everything when I got home nothing was broken- not a small feat considering I had so many glass things.

4) Rachel was all over the place. I just remember if I needed something she was there. She was phenomenal and everyone complimented her on how nice she was. Even stick up the butt Janice was impressed with Rachel and wanted to go into business with her.

So honestly, if you need a DOC please use Rachel. She is just starting out but doesnt find the need to overcharge YOU based on her ability to do a couple events and then say, oh look I am a pro. She would rather be honest and say, look I am starting out, here is my rate.And after she gets some more under her belt I am sure the price will go up so I would book her sooner than later. There are many DOC's out there but I wouldnt trust them with my day, no matter how costly or popular they are. Because honestly, Rachel and her crew SAVED MY DAY and Rachel cares about her clients and knows what their wedding day means to them.

Sent on 07/09/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Shelby, I just love you and Kevin. You are probably one of the sweetest, most sincere people that I know. I am so glad that we met and so honored to have been hired by you.

Kristin · Married on 06/06/2009

Rachel was the best thing that ever happened to our wedding! I didn't think we need a doc but boy was i wrong and so glad she was there. she was enthusiastic, professional, and extremely accomodating. From our first meeting until the day of she was extremely organized (detailed timelines and plans) as well as prepared! She had an emergency kit with advil in it that was needed! There were a few issues with a couple of my vendors the day of (lighting issues and our pianist didnt show up). However I didn't even know there were issues because Rachel took care of them on the spot. I didn't even find out there were problems until the monday after the wedding. Rachel also handled all the little details ie our floor monogram, decorating our cake table, and making sure everything was set up just the way I planned for! I would recommend Rachel to every bride! She is a must!

Sent on 06/23/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Kris, thanks so much! You and your family are such sweethearts and I very much enjoyed working with you! As a new business, these reviews mean a lot to me and I appreciate you taking the time to write one! Best wishes to you and Chris!
  • sassygirl4u27

Stephanie · Married on 03/21/2009

I don't even know where to start! Rachel was fantastic. I was one of those brides who didnt think I needed a DOC, but as the day got closer I started to worry about how everything would get done. I book Rachel only a few weeks out from my wedding and I am so glad I did. I mainly need her help with my reception. She got there super early and made sure all my venders showed up and the room was set up the way I had wanted it. (She kept me up to date on what was going on through text messages, made me feel better to know what was going on as a tend to get nervous when Im not the one handling things). I had a ton of candles that needed to get lit which she took care of. There were a few issues that happened during my reception that I wasnt even aware of because Rachel took care of them (i.e. a lights burnt out in the hall where the bathrooms were located, an over flowing toilet). She coordinated my DJ and the venue together to take care of a special birthday surprise we had for my MIL and sisters boyfriend. She checked in with me throughout the night making sure I didnt need anything. She supplied me with saftey pins when my bustle broke. These might all seem like little things, but they made the night so much easier. And I think the best part about having Rachel was clean-up at the end of the night. I got to enjoy my evening right up until the last song played and not have to worry about cleaning up all my cetner pieces and everything else. By the time the last song was finished I looked around the room and Rachel had pretty much packed up all my stuff and that was such a huge help, not having to worry about that at the end of the night. That it and of its self make having Rachel fantastic. She is extremely professional. She is quick to respond to emails. Very detail oriented which is great. Because I booked her on such a short notice we did all our planning through email and things worked out perfect. I dont know what I would have done if Rachel hadnt been there. I highly HIGHLY suggest having Rachel be your DOC. You will not be disappointed. :-)

Sent on 06/23/2009

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Thanks Stephanie! You and Dan were absolutely easy to work with and I am so thankful you gave me the chance to work for you.

Tricia · Married on 12/21/1981

It was well-worth the cost for me to hire Rachel! Everything went perfectly on the wedding day. It was so nice not to have to stress out the day of, knowing that everything would be taken care of, and all of the snags ironed out. Rachel offers high-quality service for a VERY reasonable price.

Sent on 11/05/2010

A Beautiful Day Events MI's reply:

Tricia & Luke's wedding was actually 10-16-10, not 12-21-81! Thanks so much Tricia, I enjoyed working with you and at such a unique venue!