A Beat Away Entertainment Reviews

A Beat Away Entertainment 6
A Beat Away Entertainment 7

Barry · Married on 04/27/2013

Hi Joe,

Tricia and I want to thank you for the wonderful job you did for our wedding reception Saturday at the Exchange Conference Center. We asked for a party atmosphere, lots of dancing and excitement. You gave us all of that and more. I heard comments from so many guests that you were one of the best DJ’s they had heard. I also heard that many guests had not attended many events where the dance floor was still crowded at the last dance! Thank you for being part of our celebration!!! Bob & Tricia

Sent on 05/10/2013

Bob · Married on 02/05/2013

Joe was great and did everything my wife and I asked for and more. He was fun, friendly and showed everybody a great time. I would hire him again in a heart beat.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Joe was great to deal with and made our event run extremely smooth. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Nicholas · Married on 12/22/2012

My Wife and I selected A Beat Away Entertainment to be the DJ at our wedding. We had a small wedding of around 80 people and we wanted someone who would be able to judge the crowd and get everyone up and dancing throughout the night.. Joe P from A Beat Away Entertainment did that with a wonderful holiday playlist for the cocktail hour and then seeing the type of crowd we had selected songs that would make everyone get up and dance. I highly recommend A Beat Away Entertainment if you are looking for wedding entertainment, with little direction from us as specific music to play Joe P felt out the crowd and made sure all of our wedding guest had a great time. All the guest at the wedding could not stop talking about how much they had and the wonderful music selection.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Stefanie · Married on 11/09/2012

I wanted to do a special father daughter dance where we started with a slow song and then broke out into a medley of other songs. Joe put that all together for us and my father and I were able to pull off this surprise dance. It was great and definitely caught everyone off guard. We loved being able to pick songs that we really wanted to play and ones that were definite do not play songs. We never had to worry about people not having a good time or dancing. My husband and I could not have been happier with the service we received.

Sent on 08/22/2013

susan · Married on 10/20/2012

We called many DJ's, but after our first conversation, we knew you were the DJ for us. You have it all together, from playing the right music during our vows, to the up lights, which looked amazing. You even put your special touch, announcing us in for our first dance while everyone was up on their feet moving to the rhythm.
    Picking the music was so easy having online access to your entire data base. You knew just what to play to keep a variety of different age groups & tastes in music dancing throughout the evening our guests are still talking about the great time they all had. The dance floor was never empty. Even my Aunts and Uncles were up dancing which is a small feat in its self.
    Watching the video you put together was priceless and it was so nice to see all of what we missed during our special day. I will cherish it forever.
    Thank you so much for being a part of our special day. Joe, YOUR THE BEST. I would highly recommend you for the great Job you did.
    Thanks again
    The Sachettas

Sent on 03/31/2013

Patrick · Married on 08/11/2012

Joe Pet was awesome. My wife and I were so pleased with the job he did as our DJ at our wedding in front of all our close family and friends. He was professional, well timed, and kept the party going into the night. Also, both my wife and I thought that the addition of the special lighting Joe Pet provided thoroughly enhanced our wedding party. Actually, my wife could not stop talking about it. In the end, we were both very happy with his services and definitely recommend him. - Patrick

Sent on 08/15/2013

Amy · Married on 07/14/2012

I interviewed 4 companies. I am very satisfied wiith my choice using A Beat Away Entertainment. Joe was great to work with and had the leading technology. Kept everyone dancing.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Kathleen · Married on 12/19/2011

Best DJ ever!! Even a few years after my wedding, people still comment about how great the music was! Everyone - and I mean everyone - was on the dance floor thanks to a great selection of music that appealed to everyone and every age. Highly, highly recommended

Sent on 08/24/2013

Judy & Paul · Married on 09/10/2011

Joe was a great DJ! He answered any questions we had sometimes before we even asked them. He helped us prepare for our big day and was wonderful at our reception. His knowledge helped us secure the perfect wedding venue and a great photographer. We didn't have to worry about a thing and just enjoyed our very sepcial day!

Sent on 02/18/2013
  • LauraCBoston

Laura · Married on 08/13/2011

Joe was great. I didn't have to think about the music all night. He played great songs and keep the dance floor packed!

Sent on 09/02/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2007

Joe was a great MC and knew how to read the crowd. He kept everyone dancing all night long and made sure our wedding timeline ran smoothly. I've since been to another friend's wedding where he was also the DJ and he again did a great job. The dance floor was packed all night long.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Anna · Married on 05/05/2007

I found Joe to be a very professional and fun DJ. I loved the fact that he was able to DJ at my Chinese-American wedding, which is a tad more complicated than the normal American wedding, as there were certain Chinese traditions that had to be added into the mix of wedding activities. But Joe, like the professional DJ he was, knew what questions to ask and knew how to go with the flow. He did a great job at keeping a fun and positive vibe going during my wedding, and I had friends comment that they loved the various music he played throughout the night. He knew how to read the crowd and get a feel for when to play what type of music.
    If you are planning to have a wedding and not sure where to find a DJ, look no further! Joe is your man! I got a great vibe from just talking with him during our very first conversation. He asked lots of questions, and put many of my worries at ease as I knew that he had many years of experience as a DJ and has come across many types and styles of weddings. Joe's positive and calming personality also helped me at times when I got into panicking bridezilla mode :) I always felt better after talking with him, he is so friendly, and it's not just business with him, he actually cares that your wedding goes smoothly! I would seriously recommend that you consider Joe as a DJ for your wedding, I had a great time dancing the night away!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Erica · Married on 05/29/2004

Joe Pet was an amazing DJ for us at our wedding! So much fun, and a fantastic family friend! The consummate professional!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Peggy · Married on 09/29/2018

Joe was open to changes, suggested things for us to consider, was early to our event and set up well advance. We'll hire him again for other events!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Thank You, Peggy!

Dorothy · Married on 11/11/2017

Joe was highly professional played a wide variety of music for all ages
    Everyone had a comment as to how good he was in including all to dance
    Great job!!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

I have three words to Say about dj Joe pet .awesome awesome awesome!!!!!h HIs sense of timing with this music selection couldn"t of been any better. He had a perfect mix of songs for my older guests mixed in with the contemporary hits of today for the younger people at my wedding which had everyone on the dance floor all night long The up lights were beautiful everyone had a blast with the photo bootie provided would recommend
    Abeataway entertainment to anyone looking for the best in wedding entertainment.

Sent on 12/30/2015
  • Q

Quoc · Married on 09/06/2014

We meet Joe at a friend's wedding over summer really loved his work. So we asked him to DJ at our wedding, he was really professional and trustworthy throughout the whole process. All of our friends and family members loved the music at our Asian style wedding. His music was just right for every situation during the wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Andrea · event on 03/01/2014

Joe played great music and kept the kids engaged all evening! He picked out a mixture of music so the evening was constantly new!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Larry · event on 03/16/2013

We used A Beat Away for a non-profit fundraiser. Joe Pet was terrific. He was very professional, and he helped to ensure that attendees had a very enjoyable evening full of good music and dancing. He was also open to incorporating guests recommendations into the event's play list. This was the second year that we used A Beat Away's services. I fully recommend.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Alison Miller · Married on 06/29/2019

Great experience

A Beat Away was fantastic and made our event incredibly special. The guests couldn't believe Orlando's energy. They were amazingly flexible during the event to make sure all of our requests were fulfilled. I can't wait to book them again for my next daughter's event. My friends were even trying to come up with reasons to host another event so that they could hire them. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2016

They are very thorough and easy to use. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Mr & Mrs. · Married on 07/11/2015

We were married on July 11th 2015 at Doubletree by Hilton Boston Northshore Hotel and it was an absolute blast. A big part of that was because of the services provided through a "A Beat Away Entertainment".This company provides endless options of services for your big day customized to your wishes (which you dont find in many places). We chose to have our DJ entertainment (2 DJs were provided) uplighting, floor lighting, and photographer through Mr. Joe Petrizelli (founder/owner) for a very fair price. He was personable and we felt comfortable working with him because he was open to our ideas and offered great advice in return which was very helpful. The equipment was new and had great quality. The organizing of the itinerary, music and wedding annoucements was easy by being able to keep track of everything through the client portal. The lists of songs were endless from current hits to old classics and whatever he didnt have he was able to find for us. Joe, along with our other awesome DJ Peter (absolute sweetheart) and our photographer Kelly (very talented, very sweet, and very easy to work with), arrived to our wedding on time and were very professional. Everything was set up without a worry and the night carried out wonderfully.They were all funny and entertaining and really got the crowd going while keeping a warm romantic feel on the night bringing it back to the bride and groom..pretty sure everyone ate as fast as they could so they could get back on the dance floor (we know we did)... every song that was a priority was played and they really worked their choices off the crowd who were dancing all night. My pictures from kelly were beautiful, I've received many compliments. Overall...they made the night wonderful and my guests were just as happy as we were. We would recommend this company for your special event - no matter how old or how unique your tastes may be the quality of services at A BEAT AWAY ENTERTAINMENT does not discriminate. It was awesome..

Sent on 12/28/2015

Joe was awesome! We received lots of compliments about him

Sent on 08/12/2014

Stacey · Married on 09/21/2013

Joe made the wedding a success. His efforts to get to know the couple and the tone/style of the event in advance made a huge difference. People wouldn't stop dancing and he could not have been more accomodating to requests.

Sent on 11/16/2013