8twenty8 Studios Reviews

42 | San Diego, CA

42 Reviews for 8twenty8 Studios

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Words can not express how great 8twenty8 is! I fell in love with the photos from 8twenty8 a few years ago when I saw their work from a friends wedding. So as soon as I was engaged, I emailed them right away. The packages they offer are very competitive pricing and comes with everything you might need for your wedding day. The wedding day was covered, we had two shooters, and engagement shoot, rights to the photos and more!

Our main shooter was Ron. He was such a joy to work with from the initial email to the wedding day and beyond. Ron made our engagements shoot a blast. He had us laughing and truly enjoying every second of taking pictures together. We had our engagement photos in our hands within a week! Then comes the wedding day, and boy did the 8twenty8 team know what they were doing! They were so professional and fun. The made sure to capture all the important moments and detail shots we were looking for. And best of all, we had our photos in our hand SO soon after the wedding, and they were all AMAZING.

If you are looking for a photographer in the San Diego area... 8twenty8 is your team!

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2015

8Twenty8 Studios did an amazing job with our wedding photography and videography. Tim and his crew were very professional and fun, and the quality of their work does not disappoint. They also did a great job staying in touch with us both before and after the wedding, which was definitely appreciated! I would definitely recommend them for any event you want captured with amazing photos and/or video.

John · Married on 08/02/2015

8Twenty8Studios was amazing. They listened to my wife's non-traditional photo shoot ideas for the engagement shoot and wedding photos and executed better then I ever could have imagined. By non-traditional, she gave them the direction of "GQ photo shoot" and "no cheesy holding hands in the woods" photos. Derrick was our photographer for the engagement shoot and he absolutely crushed it. His photos are amazing. We hired a team of 2 photographers and 1 videographer for the wedding but they ended up bringing a crew of 5 to our surprise! Timothy (the owner) was also shooting our wedding and he was very great to work with. He made us both feel very relaxed on our big day. Overall, they are a wonderful team of people to work with and the quality of their work is exceptional. Take a look at their portfolio!

- John

April · Married on 05/08/2015

if there was a million stars Sierra would deserve every single one of them!! She is beyond the most amazing photographer and person! She did our engagement photos and wedding photos! I cannot get over how talented she is! My husband and I are both very awkward people and she made us look like super models! She usually likes modern photos but could easily adapt to my soft vintage style. She works wonderfully with the equally talented videographer Patrick! He was so amazing and easy to work with!! He works so quickly that he got me a instagram teaser by the next morning! I am blown away by this company that we hired them for everything!! We also used their coordination and were paired with Amanda and I swear that my wedding would have been a mess without her! I never knew a single thing that went wrong and she handled everything for me. We had her for month of coordination and she handled all of our vendors and family drama! I can't tell you future brides how amazing this company is and they also just got a venue added to their awesome services! if the venue was available when I got married I would have booked that also! USE 8TWENTY8 FOR EVERYTHING and your WEDDING WILL BE PERFECT!!

Shannon · Married on 01/24/2015

Jill is AMAZING! Not only does she take absolutely beautiful photos, but she is also super fun to hang out with - and it turns out you spend a lot of time with your photographer when you're getting married! Jill made the entire process fun and relaxing.
    She was very flexible about working with our schedule for the engagement photo session and walk through, and she came up with a creative idea for the location of our engagement photos which looked great in the photos and totally fit our personality. She made sure we got all of the possible shots we wanted at our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the results - we have hundreds of gorgeous photos of our family and friends and our special day. We truly lucked out with Jill and would recommend her whole heartedly to anyone looking for the best wedding photographer EVER! Everyone we worked with at 828 Studios was helpful and responsive and organized, and everything ran very smoothly.

Tim and Louise are wonderful photographers. Both very talented, professional and flexible. They really made our special a lot smoother. We cannot wait to see our photos.

• User4205530 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I were EXTREMELY happy with our photograpers & pictures. They made it so easy to relax and just have fun with it. We knew the photos were going to come out great but they were AMAZING!! I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone!!

Molly · Married on 05/24/2014

Jill Denny was our photographer working for 8Twenty8 Studios. I had a fabulous experience with this studio and loved working for Jill. We did our engagement photos and wedding photos will Jill, she did a great job of making us feel comfortable and natural when taking photos and got me every shot I asked for on the day of my wedding. I highly recommend this studio and Jill in particular!

Michelle · Married on 03/22/2014

My husband and I planned our wedding in San Diego from afar (Dallas, TX) and heavily relied on sites such as this to read other people's reviews about local vendors in the San Diego area. I am really big on photography and 'dabble' in it myself. I know nothing about the technical side of things but I consider myself to have a pretty good 'eye' and thus was very picky when researching our wedding photographer. Out of all vendors, this was the one I personally cared about the most. I believe I looked at over 50 different photographers websites/portfolios before I stumbled upon 8twenty8's website. As soon as I looked through their portfolio I was IMMEDIATELY sold. I hadn't even read reviews at this point. Being as thorough as I am, I decided to get onto various websites to read reviews- all of which seemed to be a perfect 5 Star rating. It was obvious that their talent and skills were top notch.. but what really put the icing on top of the cake was the people behind the studio. Tim & Louise were our photographers for both the engagement session and the wedding day. They are a married team and are a real power couple. They work SO well together and are the easiest people to work with. They are down to earth, friendly, caring, easy to relate to and are just genuinely good people. They made us feel so comfortable through out the entire engagement session and by the time the wedding day rolled around, it felt like friends were shooting our day. They are people you'd want to meet up with for coffee or go grab a bite to eat with. Their personalities are infectious and their love for each other is so real and heartwarming to see. Holly worked with us in the studio sort of as the logistics liaison and couldn't have done a better job with responsiveness, was friendly and it's apparent that the entire team are a cohesive group of friends. We were so lucky to have stumbled upon their website and will be contacting them in the future for anniversaries, babies,etc! Thanks a million

• Natalia

Natalia · Married on 09/28/2013

Tim and Louise at 8twenty8 studios are everything you could ask for in photographers. They are creative, honest, quirky, thoughtful, extremely talented and most of all, after working with them, they become your friends.
    Individually, their work is beautiful and together they represent the epitome of a power couple. We had the pleasure of working with Tim and Louise for our engagement photos and throughout our wedding day.
    We are so grateful for the beautiful moments they were able to help us capture and thankful to Holly for being our liaison with the studio - helping us to design and decide on our Save-Our-Dates, Thank You cards and wedding album.
    We were also so impressed with the videography of our special day - put together in two formats a Ceremony Feature (including our vows) and Bijou Film (a short recap of the whole day).
    We are looking forward to the special life moments to come that Tim and Louise can help us to capture.

Cecilia · Married on 09/21/2013

8Twenty8 studios represent several talented photographers and have a seamless approach when it comes to working with clients. For my wedding, my husband and I worked with Tim & Louise for both our engagement & wedding photos. The engagement session was more like a test run to see how we flowed with each other. It was already apparent then that we wanted them to photograph our wedding. Frankie (my husband) and I are a little shy in front of the camera, but Tim & Louise made us feel so comfortable and carefree. They gave us direction when we needed it and they captured us being candid when we were having our own moments .Also, Tim & Louise were a PHENOMENAL pair to work with because you get the male & female perspective AND our pictures made both my husband and I over-the-moon happy. From the initial consultation to now working on our wedding album, I have been more than pleased with every touchpoint. The entire studio is a joy to work with. Even Holly, who sets up the appointments and consultations is a gem. Not only are they good people that understand and listen to their clients, but they become your friend. It doesn't feel like they're "on a job", but more like a group of friends hanging out with each other, which makes for AWESOME pictures. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 8 twenty 8 studios to anyone who is looking for a talented group of photographers (especially Tim & Louise)!

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

My daughter, Jessica, found this photographer a while ago while searching for photography for my granddaughter's 6mo pictures. They have been our go to photographer since. She has used them for 1 year photos, engagement photos and now the wedding photos. It was a great experience working with them. Sierra and Holly photographed the wedding. They were so kind, so professional, and from the sneak peak of the wedding photos we got today, they have turned out fantastic. The lighting, the construction of the pictures with the beautiful venue we had - all of it is great. They had a go to list of the photos we wanted but they also added their own artistry to them. They were available for meetings at the venue prior to the wedding and are very responsive to calls and emails. They will be the photographers for our family from here on out and we highly recommend them.

Dawn · Married on 05/11/2013

8twenty8 Studios was great to work with. From our initial meeting with Holly we felt listened too and liked the great value and what their packages include. They are flexible and can make custom packages as well. We chose Kevin who was beyond awesome...from our engagement session all the way to the end of our wedding night he was fun, positive and really comfortable to work with. He is a fantastic photographer and did a great job listening to our wants and needs and did an awesome job at creating the shots we wanted and so many more!!! We couldn't be happier with his work and 8twenty8's customer service.

Klancy · Married on 10/27/2012

We met 8twenty8 studios through the Bridal Bazaar and ended up doing our engagement session with Tim and Louise. We had an absolute blast, and they were able to help my camera-shy fiance loosen up and be in the moment. So many people have told me how natural we both look in the pictures, and I know it is from the way Tim and Louise set up the shoot, keep it light and fun, and direct you without making you look stiff. After we saw the way the pictures turned out, we knew we had to have them for our wedding. And let me say, I LOVE our engagement pictures, but the wedding pictures were on a whole new awesome level! :) They are work great with families and keep the photos running smoothly. They have an eye for finding just the right spot, angle, and lighting that makes the picture magical. We got married at a clubhouse inside of an apartment complex, but the way the pictures turned out, you would have thought we were in an enchanted forest. :) Love Tim and Louise and Holly, the studio executive, is so wonderful to work with too. Can't say enough great things about 8twenty8 studios- I know we will work with them again in the future!
    Oh, and as a side note, they are very fast in getting pictures back to you and are extremely flexible! When we decided we wanted to change the date of our wedding after already booking with them, they were so flexible and understanding. :) Book them- you will not be disappointed!

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2012

828 Studios was one of our favorite vendors while planning our day. They were professional, dependable and personable. They got to know us as a couple and captured our most important moments. We love our photos and could not have worked with a better studio.

Ghassan · Married on 05/12/2012

Tim and Louise made the photography portion of our wedding the simplest and funnest of all. The are very easy to work with, very respectful, communicative, and best of all VERY CREATIVE!!!!

Their photography style is very unique! We were extremely impressed with the quality and creativeness of the shots of our wedding.

We highly recommend them to anyone interested in capturing their special day in a way they will never forget!

Joanna · Married on 12/10/2011

8Twenty8 Studios did an amazing job with our wedding photography. We live in San Diego, but had our wedding in New Orleans. Tim and Louise were jumped at the opportunity to photograph in a new city and loved every minute of it. We had such a great time with 8Twenty8 and are looking forward to working with them in the future.

V · Married on 10/29/2011

Tim and Louise are wonderful photographers!!!!!!! They make you feel so comfortable and they are very flexible, which is nice considering that our wedding was quite different. They got along so well with our family and friends, everyone just loved them. The pictures they took were so beautiful! They really captured the day so well. We got so many compliments and many of our friends wants to use them for their special day.

Gwenna · Married on 09/25/2011

8twenty8 Studios did such a fabulous job on our photography! They were prepared, professional and there weren't any surpises the day of the event. 8twenty8 Studios was worth every penny of the service. They really did go above and beyond exceeding our expectations! They know how to deal with the chaos and make things easier for you the day of your wedding. My husband and I were overjoyed with the end result. We had such a wonderdful day and 8twenty8 Studios captured that story on film. They absolutely lived up to their tagline, "Personal. Passionate. Photography." Book them! You won't be disappointed!

Rosabelle · Married on 09/03/2011

Amazing and wonderful!!!!! Tim and his staff were so wonderful to work with!!! From the moment we met them to the day of and even now as we plan our picture selection, they have been just amazing. They are the one and I'd say "I do" to them anyday!!! We look forward to working with them again!

• Natasha

Natasha · Married on 08/20/2011

8Twenty8 studios were great to work with. I was on a budget but really loved their photography and 8twenty8 studios were wonderful and helped me find a package that was within my budget. Our photographer, Andrew, was great. He helped us with the decision of the location for our engagement photos. When we finally picked a location, he was clearly excited about some ideas for great shots and shared that with us. He made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera.

Andrew also met me at our wedding venue before our wedding and gave helpful tips on a timeline for the wedding day. My husband and I absolutely love our wedding pictures. It was such a wonderful day for us and they did a great job capturing every important moment. And we get many compliments on our pictures from family and friends.

8twenty8 studios really were one of the vendors we did not worry about because we knew our pictures would be great and we were clearly working with professional people.

Michelle · Married on 08/14/2011

My husband and I worked with Tim for our engagement session and then him and Louise for our wedding and we could not be more pleased with the results! Aside from their beautiful work, they were truly a joy to work with. During such a crazy time they never wavered in their commitment to us, being flexible with our ever changing plans. The day of the wedding they arrived on time and ready to go and continued to have the same upbeat attitude throught the evening. The photographs themselves are stunning, they captured our wedding perfectly. The combination of their superior service and quality work is priceless, I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Kate · Married on 08/13/2011

Andrew at 828 Studios did an amazing job with our photos. We loved working with Andrew and were so happy to get all of our wedding pictures back so soon. I would recommend this photographer to any bride!

Megan · Married on 06/04/2011

Hiring Tim and Louise as our photographer was the best decision of our wedding! Our photos are, without a doubt, the most incredible wedding photos I’ve ever seen! Yes, that may be a little biased but really… they’re stunning. It’s been a couple of months since our wedding and I still can’t get enough of looking through them. The pictures artistic, beautiful, and capture so many amazing moments.

Tim and Louise are not only incredibly talented, but they’re great people too! Our sessions never once felt like an uncomfortable, staged photography shoot. We were encouraged to be ourselves and the pictures show it! They constantly went above and beyond to get great shots and built a great relationship with our friends to architect their shots. They were also attentive to our requests for family photos. Our wedding went by so fast but reliving the day with Tim and Louise’s photos made it easy to remember all of our great memories. We’re so happy they were a part of our big day and we’d recommend them to anyone looking for truly talented photographers.

Bridgett · Married on 05/07/2011

Hiring 8Twenty8 studios to photograph our wedding was maybe THE smartest wedding related decision we made. The photos they captured are seriously jaw-dropping. They tell a beautiful story and are like works of art. I'm not even exaggerating. Compliments on the photos are stiiiiill rolling in from friends and family. I don't at all feel like I'm photogenic, but I am beyond satisfied with what Tim and Louise captured. It was SO fun working with them. Most of the time, taking the pictures at a wedding is a drag but it was the TOTAL opposite---my wedding party had a blast with them. I had been concerned that gathering family for the photos following the ceremony would be stressful but Tim took control and we got through them with time to spare. For the level of service their company delivers, they are a smart economical choice. I ABSOLUTELY would recommend them.