687 Reviews for 74 Events - Gary Hoffmann

Liability Insurance (65)
Microphones (36)
Photobooth (1)
687 74 Events - Gary Hoffmann Reviews

Like everyone else, I cannot say enough good things about Gary, and our DJ James Arnold!! Gary is lightning fast with email response and gives SO. MUCH. DETAIL. He is very involved throughout the whole booking process, and provides clear timelines, milestone dates, and an overall scope of work up front. I knew nothing about weddings previously, so his experience and knowledge was also really helpful to lean on. And our DJ James. Oh my god, James. He immediately got our vibe and what type of music we wanted played during the cocktail hour and reception, and every song he played was perfect. My only wedding "regret" is that I could not tear myself away from the dance floor and ended up not talking to any of my family--whoops! The entire night I had guests coming up to me commenting on how great the music was, and where did I find this DJ with the perfect English accent? Everyone had a blast dancing the entire night. He also accommodated all our weird music requests, non-traditional first dance, and transitioned the speeches and cake cutting like a boss. He was on time, brought his own equipment, was familiar with the space and set up, and even helped our officiant with the microphone. HIRE THEM.

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Rob Kelley was our DJ through 74 Events. I wish we had more reasons in the future to use them, because Rob was so great to work with and through the way he guided the night with the music kept the energy high and everyone having fun. When we first met with Rob we could tell he was professional but chill and we knew he would run the event in a way that we wanted. He didn't try to make himself the spotlight but was also excited and great when he needed to make announcements or lead people to the next part of the evening. The best part during the dance sets, was seeing how well he could read the crowd and adjust the next song based on how people were reacting and enjoying music - which made a full night of constant dancing and high energy. The one thing we wanted during the dance sets was to prevent people from feeling a lull in the music and Rob was fantastic at that. Everyone left the wedding very impressed by how well Rob led the night and loved that we had great music.

Regarding music for the rest of the evening, Rob was able to give good feedback to us when developing our music genres for everything. He could steer us away from certain songs if they were not going to add to the night the way we wanted. He also gave suggestions if he thought a song fit better in a different part of the night. He was able to accommodate the styles of music we requested and folded them into the set list well.

Working with 74 Events (Gary) was overall a great and seamless experience for us. Gary was very professional, timely and accommodating. We will suggest this company to anyone in need of a DJ.

Profile Picture Brian, 1/20/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We hired 74 Events and DJ Kahn and it was the best decision ever. Gary from 74 events is very organized/responsive and helped plan our meeting/music/layout of DJ and speakers very nicely. DJ Kahn played the music the music that was requested and did an incredible job keeping everyone on the dance floor the entire night. Having people dance the entire night was our request and it was fulfilled without any issues! DJ Kahn did a great job of mixing some polish songs into the dances since this was a Polish/American wedding. Could not of asked for a better DJ/Vendor. They were very professional and made the party!! Will definitely hire Gary and DJ Kahn for future events. They were timely and very professional. Great job guys!!!!!

Profile Picture Peter, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used 74 Events for our DJ at our wedding and they were THE BEST. Gary is amazing and super responsive and DJ Rob gave us the best dance party of our lives. We could not have asked for a better set list or a better night. DJ Rob showed up early to play music for our guests as they arrived, and was super professional and had great energy the entire night. They made us feel comfortable and that everything was in control so we could enjoy ourselves. Could not recommend more!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a fantastic experience with 74 Events at our wedding in November. We first heard DJ James over a year ago at our friends’ wedding, and we were impressed by his professionalism, music selection, and ability to keep the crowd engaged without making himself the center of attention. We knew when it came time for our own wedding, he would be at the top of the list of potential DJs. We reached out to Gary at 74 Events and requested James, and after meeting with them our decision was made.

Gary and James were organized and responsive, and they worked with us to make the process of pulling together the necessary DJ and emcee information seamless and fun. They were flexible enough so we could make the night our own, but they also offered well-informed suggestions where we were unsure. James handled the music for both the cocktail hour and reception, and managed to strike exactly the right vibe at each point in the night. We were thrilled with the way James helped to enhance an already amazing day, and people are still talking about how much fun they had. We would recommend James and 74 Events without hesitation.

Profile Picture Trish, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

74 Events helped make our wedding amazing. Our DJ, Sean, did an excellent job reading the room and helped get everyone up and the dance party lasted until the staff was cleaning up at the end of the night. It was so much fun and so magical. Gary and Sean were both on top of every email, knew all the questions to ask, and helped guide us through the entire planning of the ceremony and reception. Sean sent us mixes before the wedding to help us get an idea of the vibe he could create, and we trusted him implicitly because it was clear he would do a fantastic job. While figuring out a lot of things about the wedding took a lot of energy and effort, working with 74 events was easy and comfortable. We could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Gary and Ben at 74 Events were top notch in all categories. They provided a clear path to let us pick the type of event we wanted and really read the vibe of the room. We had several compliments from guests about how great the music was and I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Tim, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gary and Sean from 74 Events gave us the best wedding dance party we could have imagined. Not only was the set list amazing, it was the perfect expression of our tastes, preferences, and requests. From the very beginning of the process they were extremely responsive, clear in their communication, and displayed the utmost professionalism. Their sound system was top of the line with deep bass and just the right volume. No cheesy MCing whatsoever, great transitions between songs, and Sean read the energy and mood of the crowd perfectly and always chose the song to match.

Profile Picture Adam, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

From start to finish Gary was the epitome of professional. I had no wedding planner and no idea what I was doing and Gary consistently worked with me to make sure the wedding turned out flawless. He went above and beyond DJ requirements and by the end of planning felt more like a planner and a friend than a DJ, helping my husband and I develop ideas and offering guidance and suggestions to make the night as smooth as possible. Gary paired us with Rob and immediately we knew that Rob would be perfect. We were weary of the typical obnoxious wedding DJs that harass guests to dance and Rob couldn’t have put those worries to rest any quicker. He was so chill and relaxed and was open to our eclectic music choices. The wedding was phenomenal, so good in fact that the wait staff joined the party. Every attendant, from our friends in their 20s to our older relatives, got up and danced. It was nonstop and he seamlessly transitioned from dancing to guiding us through all the wedding traditions (cake cutting and bouquet toss). Only wish I could find more reasons to hire them for parties. They are worth every penny, do not hesitate!

Profile Picture Brianne, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

74 Events absolutely blew me away-- Gary Hoffman is the ultimate professional-- He is knowledgeable, kind, organized, patient, and just a really nice human being. My husband and I felt like he really took the time to get to really get to know us to better understand what we were looking for. Insert Duane Harriot who DJed the night of our wedding-- what an amazing DJ! He kept our guests out of their seat nearly the whole wedding. He was amazing at reading the vibe of the crowd and adjusting accordingly. We gave him very little direction and he exceeded every expectation we had. These two guys were a dream to work with. Couldn't say enough nice things!!!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gary and James are terrific and were so easy to work with. Both were extremely professional and really made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. We had many requests and all were handled without a hitch. All in attendance had great things to say about them. I would highly recommend them to any considering.

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gary and James were awesome from the second we met them until the very end of our wedding. Extremely relaxed and always willing to give help, suggestions, ideas and/or constructive criticism, our experience with them couldn't have possibly been better. James had all ages dancing until past midnight, and was there to go over our special requests before the wedding had even started. I'd highly recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Charlie, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roland hit it out of the park! The music was great, everything we discussed beforehand and more. He even got the grandparents dancing, and one of my husband’s uncles even broke out the worm. Leading up to the event Gary did his best to wrangle us into making decisions, helped by an impromptu meeting on a street corner. Together they made our wedding the dance party we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture jessica, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would recommend Gary and Sean at 74 Events with absolutely no hesitation! They were both so professional and helpful during the planning process, and used their experience to offer valuable suggestions based on the type of wedding that we wanted to have. Sean did an absolutely amazing job with the music at our wedding - he sensed the vibe of the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night. All of our guests were raving about Sean and the music that he played. Thank you Gary and Sean for helping to make our wedding day so fun and special!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

74 Events was incredibly responsive and easy to worth with. They listened when we asked for specific songs and they were very respectful of our Do-Not-Play list. Overall it was a great experience!

Profile Picture Henry, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the moment I booked with 74 events, Gary was so responsive, helpful and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Answering any and all of my questions right away, with such thought and attentive detail, everything was made so easy. He matched us with Rob as our DJ. We loved him and so did every wedding guest! He totally got our vibe, read the room, and balanced multiple generations and musical tastes seamlessly. Our wedding day flew by because we were having so much fun, but the one thing I do remember is having an epic dance party with the people we love most. Thank you Gary and Rob!

Profile Picture Charlotte , 10/7/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Can't speak high enough of 74 Events, Gary and James, aka 'DJ Agent Trevor' - my wife and I were super impressed with everything. Gary is incredibly professional, and very on top of everything when it comes to planning. He's very responsible and covers all the teeny details we were so happy he brought up, because we wouldn't have even thought to ask about them. Very pleased with his service. As far as James, he was fantastic to work with. He played some great songs, and mixed in quite a bunch of different musical 'flavors'. We filled out a sheet for him that had a 'do not play' and 'please play' list, and based off our list, he put together an amazing play list for the wedding. On top of that, a large part of my family is Spanish and when we put our list together we didn't take it into account that a large demographic of our wedding would want to hear some Latin pop/popular Spanish music. With literally no warning, or pre-prep that he would need some Spanish music (and with my mother bombarding James with requests), he incredibly was still able to play a number of songs that got everyone moving, and most importantly got my entire Spanish family/friends engaged and dancing. We had a lot of different needs for him re: songs, differing sounds during cocktail and reception, to dinner and dancing, and James managed to make it all work. We were very, very impressed. On top of it all, he's just a super nice/chill dude, who was easy to talk to and very open to meeting with us to discuss the playlist etc... (the same can be said for Gary). We were very pleased, and absolutely recommend 74 Events, and James specifically!

Profile Picture Tristan, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dan and Gary were great. Out of all the vendors I worked with for my wedding they were the most responsive, considerate and professional. Knowing the music would be handled definitely illuminated additional stress leading up to the wedding day. As for the day/night of, they were super accommodating with following an extensive play list. Not only did they follow the list, Dan added additional songs during the dancing portion that perfectly complimented the vibe we were going for. All of our guests said they danced the night away. Overall, working with 74 Events exceeded my expectations and made my wedding the event I hoped it would be!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I couldn't be happier and more grateful for 74 events! Gary Hoffman and Sean Marquand (the DJ) were so amazing to work with. From the beginning, they were such a pleasure and made everything so easy. We had met with both of them 2 times before our actual wedding day and they listened to our ideas on what type of music we wanted and were helpful in giving feedback with their exceptional expertise.

Sean is a amazing DJ. He was very professional and cares very much about what he does. It really shows when he helps put together your perfect wedding day set to the most amazing playlist. He listened to what we wanted but also provided his own style. Our wedding had a mix of different cultures (Irish/Italian/Puerto Rican) and a lot of different musical tastes. On the actual wedding day, the party was AMAZING! Everyone was out on the dance floor. All different musical genres were addressed and it all came together flawlessly. Everyone was raving about the music!! Some friends who are getting married soon were even asking us for the DJs info for their wedding because he was that good!

Thank you Sean and Gary! You helped us to create a memory that we will cherish forever!

-Adam and Christina

Profile Picture Christina, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We worked with Gary and DJ James Arnold for our wedding and could not have been happier. They were both incredibly accommodating, professional and easy to work with. They recommended songs for various elements of the reception, provided a microphone (free of charge) for our ceremony and created a blended MP3 for the two songs we wanted to dance to for our first dance. They were one of our easiest decisions, by far.
The night of the wedding, James did an absolutely tremendous job - he read the crowd quite well and even had quite a bit of Irish music on hand to play for my extended family! It was one of hell of a party and that was aided by the wonderful job that James did with the music. He stuck to the songs/genres/artists on our list and made alterations as necessary as the night went on.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List

We couldn't have had a better experience than we did with Gary and Rob. From the very first email exchange, Gary was an absolute pleasure to work with and super thorough. The prep process was totally dialed, which was a huge relief in the midst of wedding planning. At the wedding - and since - we have had a ton of guests talk about how incredible the music was. Some said best wedding DJ they'd ever heard. Everyone was dancing and having a blast. If we were to do it all again, we'd never have a second thought about booking 74events! Absolutely 100% recommend working with these guys! Thanks Gary and DJ Rob!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/30/17, 1 Review

AWESOME.
1. Gary, who runs 74 Events, is SUPER professional and communicative. Easily beat ALL of our vendors in terms of responsiveness and professionalism. Loved working with him and appreciated his efforts and coordination throughout.
2. DJ VIDA - HELL YEAH! Vida is firstly a great DJ. Our wedding was so fun! She had everyone on the dance-floor all night long (despite some difficult conditions and random interruptions/toasts etc). We even ended up dancing on a table with my mother and mother-in-law. Awesome memories thanks to a great soundtrack! We also had a lot of random songs that aren't exactly wedding music, but she found a way to weave them into our cocktail hour and dinner perfectly. We were so pleased with the music... Second, Vida is a total professional and really pleasant to work with. She made an extra effort to get to our destination early (the night before, actually), and dealt with some last minute changes to our whole plan/run of show due to weather.
In short, we're super pleased with our experience with Gary and Vida. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture reece, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The whole experience from initial meeting to unplugging the equipment was designed and coordinated to really deliver the best service to both of us.

Gary's ability to understand our style and offer advice and alternatives that we have not thought of was such a value add on our big day. Specifically his suggestion on reordering the dancing to the back of the night and speeches grouped into the beginning was testament to your experience and quality of service.

Our DJ (Sean M.) ability to run the night with grace and ease was awesome. My vision of our friends and family with a soundtrack of songs from my wife and I's life was fully imagined and made real. His experience really came through towards the end of the night with the ability to turn away some of the song requests from guests that were steering away from that same vision. He also knew when some suggestion were on the line and to just pop in really quick to ask. Also he knew how bad we wanted a song and came over to remind us that it might have some explicit lyrics and if he should still play, instead of just not playing it. We played it and it rocked.

Overall, I can't say 74events is the greatest music service team for weddings, because I have never and hope to never need to use a music service again. What I can say is that, I know that with the experience and palpable effort Gary and Sean M. put into our night, I cannot imagine having a better music experience for that awesome night. It may be a bit pricey, but we felt the service in the first meeting and knew they would deliver. The ceremony, speeches, dances, and dance party all went on without a hitch. If music is important to you, I would highly recommend this team. They killed it.

Profile Picture Sean , 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We recently hired 74 Events to work our wedding. During the first meeting, Gary gave a quick presentation and paired us with DJ Eric. My wife and I were both impressed by the level of professionalism that Gary showed during that first meeting and immediately clicked with him and Eric. Gary is one of the most hard-working, organized, and responsive vendors that I have ever met. We appreciated his transparency throughout the process. Their vast experience in all types of events/settings was a key consideration in picking them, particularly when he was discussing the somewhat unique layout(s) of our event space.

On the day of the wedding, Eric did an excellent job of setting up all of the equipment in the various floor spaces, executed on all of the music selections that we had discussed at our final meeting (including seamless transitions between songs during the dance portion of the night, along with the inclusion of a few specific songs that I wanted in there), and kept the dance floor poppin’ all night.

Having the right DJ company is critical to your wedding night, and we couldn’t be happier with the role that Gary and Eric played in making our wedding night perfect.

Profile Picture William, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews