5flavors Catering Reviews

4 | Springfield, IL

4 Reviews for 5flavors Catering

Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2016

The food was one of the highlights of our wedding! We had a very detailed list of foods that we wanted for the reception and they were more than accommodating. It started off a little rocky though, about three months in, our consultant quit and we were not informed until later. I was trying to contact her and did not get any responses. BUT, that being said, once we were put into contact with Sadie, we were more than thrilled. She was so wonderful and addressed every concern we had... including an accidental over charged estimate! She even attended our event and personally checked in with my husband and I a few times. I have to say that everyone LOVED the food, loved their creativity, the inventiveness of our menu and how smooth the station style dinner ran. I have to say that their passion for service really was evident when Sadie noticed that neither my husband or I had gotten to eat our dinner so she personally packed us a to go container for the hotel! Talk about service! We loved working with Five Flavors and we had a great experience with them!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 10/01/2011

2.6
      3.5
      2.0

I wish I would have read the review from the customer from a June event because I would not have felt alone!. We had the exact same experience with the catering! We had to discuss decisions with several people within the company, never got returned emails, therefore they used this against us because we didn't have final decisions "in writing". It was very difficult to find time to meet with the company. THey originally told us that there would be many tasting times to try the food, but when it came down to it, the bride and groom didn't even ge to taste the final product due to lack of flexibility from them. However, the food the day of was very good and the guests did rave about it all.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Katy · Married on 06/13/2009

2.2
      0.0
      3.0
      2.0

We chose 5Flavors because of their flexibility in working with us and quality of food that we had at our tasting. The food did turn out very well and guest seemed to really enjoy it. However I think our overall satisfaction stopped there. We did not have a great response rate from them. It has now been two weeks after our wedding and we still do not have a bill with a breakdown of what we were charged for the reception…but our credit cards have been charged. Even leading up to the wedding day we still didn’t have an agreement on everything we were going to be charged for and how much. We never got a finalized agreement in writing for anything! I don't think we got way over charged, but I think we could have been closer to our budget if we had more discussion on what things were going to cost.
    There was a lack in communication within the company. We had phone conversations with other employees leading up to the wedding day about details that never seemed to be conveyed. If I had any stress that day it was because of the catering. It was all behind the scenes and it all came together in time for the reception…but I had my serious doubts. Lots of the completion came together because of the pitch in attitude of family and friends that noticed it was taking a long time to finish with set up before the wedding! I believe they didn’t have enough help to complete everything smoothly. My opinion is that they know how to cook, maybe need work in the event planning/business side of things.

Sent on 07/02/2009

1.0

Wedding food was completely different than what was presented at the tasting. Was told food would be cooked on site, not the case! Poor communication, terrible catering!

Sent on 12/14/2015