5eleven Palafox Reviews

5eleven Palafox 4
5eleven Palafox 5
5eleven Palafox 6
5eleven Palafox 7

This venue is so beautiful and was perfect for our wedding of 70 guests. Our guests were so impressed and we are constantly getting compliments on the venue. We had a very small budget but it still looked like a million bucks. Mary Price is the owner and is great to work with. She's very responsive and helpful. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Kimberly · Married on 05/20/2012

Perfect venue to have a fairytale dream wedding reception! Beautiful interior and courtyard. Absolutley loved having my reception at 5 Eleven.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Kristin · Married on 03/31/2012

I LOVED everything about this venue! Mary was SO professional and nice and really helped us visualize what the venue would look like on the day. We traveled from Texas for our wedding, and Mary was ready to meet us any time we came into town, even if it was last minute. I couldn't have asked for a better reception site.

Sent on 06/14/2012
  • desiree

desiree · Married on 12/16/2011

The venue was beautiful and Mary was really easy to work with. Also very reasonably priced

Sent on 12/27/2011

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2011

Absolutely beautiful place and the rental fee was extremely affordable. Mary worked with me and helped me out with various questions. She was always quick to return any missed calls. They also have tables and chairs you can use!

Sent on 08/10/2011
  • James

James · Married on 03/26/2011

Just a great venue to hold any event, especially a wedding!! The space is owned by wonderful individuals that are so easy to work with! The space is one of the most beautiful establishments in Pensacola. Every single detail of the place is a work of art worth capturing with the rest of the memories captured while holding an event there. I truly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue to hold a catered event. You get a whole lot more for the money spent to rent the place. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 03/30/2011

Mary was so easy to work with! The venue was beautiful and perfect for our reception!!!
    I highly recommend 5eleven!!!

Sent on 11/28/2016
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 03/03/2019

Lovely venue

Beautiful rustic venue in downtown Pensacola. Friendly, professional staff. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/16/2019
    5eleven Palafox 8
    5eleven Palafox 9
    5eleven Palafox 10
    5eleven Palafox 11

Mary was fantastic to work with and Eleven is really one of the most gorgeous venues downtown Pensacola has to offer. Even with minimal decoration, our wedding looked put together.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Victoria · Married on 04/03/2016

Mary was very quick to respond to what I needed and provided us with a beautiful venue for a reasonable price in a great area of Pensacola. The outside courtyard is beautiful to begin with and does not need much to make it shine. The inside area is nice and easy to customize to any theme.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Michelle · Married on 12/05/2015

Mary is so easy to work with and is very personable. I love this event space so much- very beautiful and a good price!

Sent on 07/14/2015

brittany · Married on 08/29/2015

Mary was very helpful. Anytime I wanted to look at the venue, if she didn't have another event scheduled, she was there to let us in. The place was beautiful and offers tables and chairs on the price. The courtyard was beautiful for our ceremony.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jillian · Married on 10/06/2014

This was such a beautiful place to have my wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Michael · Married on 05/31/2014

5eleven Palafox is the best wedding reception venue in Pensacola! The venue without decorations is so beautiful; it made decorating easy. I found out about the venue through my mom who lives in Pensacola (I live in San Francisco, but my wedding was in Pensacola) and the Best of the Coast 2013 (http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=17013) confirmed that it was the best in Pensacola. I was very lucky they still had an open Saturday in May when I started looking in November because they fill up more than a year in advance (they have a helpful calendar on their website that lets you see the venue booking/availability). Mary is very easy to work with and met with me and various members of my family at the venue several times before the wedding. She talked to us quite a bit about how other people had decorated in the past and what looked good, which I found very helpful since I did all the decorating myself (with a lot of help from my family).

Sent on 06/17/2014
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 10/02/2011

3.0

We used 5Eleven courtyard for our ceremony and the inside for reception. It is a very pretty well kept venue, great for weddings in my opinion. There is a lot of fees and things you have to provide if you use a caterer that is not on their preferred list but other than that I liked it and the woman that runs it very much.

Sent on 10/17/2011
  • Jieun

Jieun · Married on 03/15/2019

Gorgeous venue!

If you’re looking for a modern, industrial, and just plain cool venue, this is it! We first fell in love with the venue through pictures and again when we got to tour it and decided to book right away. The elegant venue itself made our minimal decorations look so much more than they were—both the courtyard ceremony and the reception was beautiful. We could not recommend this venue more!

Sent on 03/21/2019

5eleven Palafox's reply:

Jieun, thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous. We wish you both all the best! -5eleven Team
  • Sarah

Sarah Grubbs · Married on 06/30/2019

Beautiful Venue, okay management

I love the look of 5Eleven and the space is gorgeous, but the management of the facility is not up to standard with the price they are charging. There were so many little things that left me annoyed. First, after two attempts I was finally able to set up a time to schedule a tour. Autumn is the person who I communicated with throughout the entire process. In previous email communications I had explained our situation (we did a Sunday morning 11:00am ceremony and brunch reception). When my mom and I arrived for our scheduled tour, Autumn was asking me if it was a Saturday evening wedding and she had the wrong date... not a big deal, a lot of brides to deal with, so I explained it all over again and the tour went on fine. At the tour she told me they had high top tables available that we could use for the cocktail hour. I told her that would be perfect and we moved on.

Maybe a month later, I’m emailing with the person we hired to set up/ take down the wedding and she says, “by the way Autumn told me that the high top tables are $10 each to rent.. not sure if you knew that”. It’s not that that’s a big amount of money, but annoying to me that she wouldn’t mention it to me when we talked in person. I had to find out from someone else (I was charged for these tables when we paid our final payment by the way). Whatever, that’s fine. Maybe she forgot..

Then a week or so before the wedding I emailed Autumn one last time just to confirm the time we could start set up and tie up some loose ends. She replied to my email to inform me that she wouldn’t be in town the weekend of the wedding, but that everything will be handled. I reply asking for a contact number of whoever will be there to unlock the building, etc. She says that if I have any questions I should just contact the caterer. Our caterer wasn’t affiliated with the venue.. but whatever it’ll all be fine. Annoying she wouldn’t mention this earlier.. but it’ll be fine.

Morning of the wedding, the building is unlocked on time, but the speaker system, which we had checked the night before the wedding, was no longer working. Poor Lexi (with Great Southern Planning who is absolutely amazing and was doing our setup/clean up) was calling everyone she could think of to get in contact with someone from the venue about this issue. She finally got someone and they basically told her the wiring is bad and you just have to unplug and replug the power strip a bunch of times... usually that works. They did this and after 30 minutes of messing with it it finally works. This was about 5 minutes before the music was supposed to start and guests would begin arriving.

Other things that were frustrating:
    -$500 fee if you don’t use their bar service (which is super overpriced btw.. we ended up paying the $500 and using Great Southern for the bar - definitely saved $ this way, which is insane).
    -Having to hide in the bathroom in my wedding dress before the ceremony because the bridal loft (which is unfinished) was locked even though Autumn specifically said we could “hide out” in there before the wedding.

Did anything horrific happen? No.
    Was my wedding beautiful? Yes.
    Would I have it there again? Yeah probably just because it fit my vision so well.

I just put this out there because I had read nothing but amazing reviews about this venue prior to booking, and it was by far the most frustrating vendor for my wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2019