550 Trackside Reviews

550 Trackside 2
550 Trackside 3
550 Trackside 4
550 Trackside 5

beautiful. open to outside vendors. little decorations needed. access for the entire day--no time limits. professional staff. :)

Sent on 09/16/2013

Lauren · Married on 02/19/2012

Pick this venue is you want to WOW your guests! It was one of the more expensive ones we looked at since it didn't come with a package deal but it was worth every penny. Roger is excellent to work with and does his best to work within your needs. He does not guarantee the rehearsal the day before the wedding but will do everything in his power to work with in your plans. That is service you don't get everywhere. The place is beautiful and unique. Perfect for any vintage style or rustic wedding. And working with his #1 preferred vendor Jennifer at Events By Dezine truly made my wedding the perfect day!!

Sent on 03/21/2012

Nancy · Married on 11/08/2014

3.5

Great spot for your wedding venue and or reception. Manager/owner is great to work with and very flexible. However I do not recommend having them tear down they didn't do much to help so that was a waste of money.

Sent on 11/16/2014

3.5

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. We LOVED all of the decor. However, he does nickle and dime you a bit on the cost.

Sent on 12/26/2012

3.0

The venue was absolutely stunning! Also, things went very well when planning. However, I would not recommend hiring the wedding coordinator as they suggest. We spent over 1,000 dollars and she worked for the venue rather than us. She did not do many of the things listed on her contract and spent more time entertaining the groomsmen. She definitely was double dipping with the venue and did not do what we hired her to do. My cousin had to give out programs and my bridesmaids put on men's flowers. Not to mention the photographer, caterer and I kept up with the timeline. The venue is gorgeous and perfect for a wedding!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Brooks · Married on 10/02/2010

3.5

It is more on the expensive side for a reception venue, especially considering that tables and plastic chairs are the only things included, but you cannot find a venue more unique. We didn't want the ballroom look - we wanted a rustic/vintage feel. The place was gorgeous and spacious.

Sent on 10/19/2010

3.8
      3.5

Although is a beautiful historic place, atmosphere was was plain.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2015

3.4
      3.0

The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Everything in there was hand picked by the owner, Roger, which is went over in great detail on our tour of the venue. The price seemed great at first, but we quickly realized there were a TON of hidden costs (which ended up nearly doubling the price on the venue)

Cons:
    - We were never contacted before our alcohol order was placed. We called a week and a half before our big day to find out the order was placed and I was not going to be able to get the cider I wanted. I was pretty upset, and thankfully Roger was able to find some for our big day.
    - Owner was on vacation the week before and hard to get in touch with
    -Day of was a mess. We arrived to find the chairs not set up the way we wanted and the candelabras that I hated were at the altar. Roger had to have a guy come in a move them a few hours before the wedding. I told them at least three times I didn't want them.
    - The lady working the day of my wedding had no clue. The floor plan she had was not what we had discussed with Roger three weeks prior. Tables were in wrong places and WE had to move them
    - HIDDEN COSTS! So, so many hidden costs. $1 per chair, $80 farm tables, security for alcohol (who left before our reception), bartends and bar runners (what is that?), etc, etc.
    - Couldnt have rehearsal at venue
    - Final invoice was not ready for us on the day of the wedding, so we had to worry about getting that paid for on our honeymoon.

Venue is gorgeous and we were very happy with it, but the day of couldve been much smoother. Thank GOD I had the most awesome coordinator who handled all of this for me!

Sent on 06/20/2015

550 Trackside's reply:

Upon checking the original paperwork for this event, all of the details were covered in the initial discussion and written down. Chairs, Farm Tables, Security, etc. The Farm Tables are $35 each not $80. A Final invoice was left in their folder and the Cider request was received late so I scrambled to get some in and was able to up grade the Cider to a premium brand. And the security, an off duty policeman, was here an hour after the reception was over. So I am puzzled as to the confusion!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/05/2010

2.8
      1.5
      3.0

Rental fee is a little steep since it only includes the facility, but it makes for a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2010

susan · Married on 02/04/2017

1.2
      2.0
      0.5

I have booked this venue twice. The first experience was fine. The second I felt was absolutely less than honest. Somehow with 40 less people than our first event our alcohol bill went up $1000. This is after you were charged $300 for off duty police to be able to serve alcohol and after you paid $350 for two bartenders to sell the alcohol. You have to go on the word of the proprietor on the consumption. I would go anywhere else but 550 Trackside to have an event or a wedding. You don't need the stress on your special day. I will never use this venue ever again.

Sent on 02/08/2017