50/Fifty Reviews

54 | Asheville, NC

54 Reviews for 50/Fifty

Lindsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Mandy at 50/Fifty was very easy to work with and she created a cake that looked exactly what my daughter and son-in-law wanted. It was beautiful and delicious! The desserts she created in addition to the cake were delicious and enjoyed by everyone! She helped us create a menu that was exactly suited to the type of vibe were looking for at the wedding. She helped us work within the budget we had and I never felt pressured to spend more than we wanted to. The tasting she provided helped us come to final decisions that we were super happy with. 50/Fifty was wonderful!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Siobhan · Married on 09/02/2017

Mandy is awesome! We went with a variety of cakes and small desserts for our wedding and could not be more pleased. Everything was absolutely delicious. Guests were raving and even my non-dessert loving husband went back for seconds!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Landon · Married on 08/05/2017

We loved working with Mandy. Each cake/frosting combination we tried was delicious. We decided on a small cake for cutting and a variety of cupcakes for our guests. Mandy did a great job setting up all of the desserts at the wedding and everyone loved the cupcakes. Not only did everything taste great, it looked really nice as well.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Jenny · Married on 07/02/2017

Mandy is amazing! Our cake was the best I have ever had and the other desserts were also delicious! A friend liked the pecan bars so much that he couldn't stop talking about them. I would work with her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Christy · Married on 06/23/2017

Mandy....what can I say...AMAZING ALL AROUND. The cake was scrumptious....We had cake pops, cookies, lemon squares, chocolate mousse, and tiramisu. ALL devoured with nothing but praise! She is an amazing chocolatier as well...She made all of our gift boxes for guests made up of chocolate hearts. People are still asking me if I took any home so they can come over to enjoy again! She is a wonderful person on top of all of her talent. Thank you, Mandy, for a beautiful presentation on top of the incredible treats. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Dave · Married on 06/10/2017

We hired 50/Fifty Bakery for our wedding through a recommendation from our wedding planner. What a great bakery! From the tasting, we knew we wanted those amazing desserts and cake at our wedding. Everything turned out perfect and every one loved the sweet treats! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Kirsten · Married on 05/20/2017

We were in love with Mandy's cakes from the first time we tried them at the cake tasting. She managed to help us come up with four unique mini cupcake flavors. A guest favorite was the brownie cupcake with peanut butter mousse – it was delicious! Mandy did a fabulous job at presenting the cake and cupcakes, and she even incorporated our rustic wedding feel into the display. She used our succulents to decorate the cake and displayed the cupcakes on various beautiful platters. Mandy was sweet and easy to communicate with through email and phone if needed. I would recommend 50/Fifty to anyone in need of a wonderful baker! We couldn't be happier with our decision!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Rachael · Married on 05/13/2017

Mandy is the sweetest, just like her cakes! I would definitely use her services again in the future.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Danielle · Married on 11/05/2016

Our cake was delicious. We had so many compliments. Mandy also made us a few vegan cupcakes and they were also amazing. The cake looked beautiful. She was easy to communicate with and responded to emails quickly. Couldn't be happier with everything!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Abby · Married on 10/28/2016

Mandy was phenomenal! After an extremely awful experience with Ruth and Ranshaw, we found 50/Fifty. I'm SO glad that we did. She was so easy to communicate with and always replied promptly. She arrived promptly to the wedding venue. Our cake tasting was amazing. She had so many options and flavors; all delicious. I had my heart set on cupcakes baked in small mason jars. When we arrived at our tasting, she had one already baked for me so that I could see what it would look like! Our cake and cupcake display looked flawless! We received so many compliments on how delicious the cupcakes were. Every single cupcake and piece of cake was gone by the end of the night! I would highly recommend 50/Fifty to anyone who wants professionalism and absolutely delicious desserts!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2016

Mandy was a dream to work with, and the cake and cheesecakes were AMAZING!

We had a destination wedding and were unable to come for a tasting, so we trusted Mandy's recommendations and she did not disappoint. We were even able to have each tier in our cake be a different flavor so that everyone was happy. She also made individual-sized cheesecakes which were adorable.

Mandy also did custom artwork for our Lord of the Rings cake based on a sketch I made. It was so easy to communicate with her via email, and I definitely recommend Fifty/50 for anyone getting married in Asheville.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2016

Mandy is an absolute pleasure to work with. Her desserts are incredible and she is flexible and creative! She was able to create a partial 3D grooms cake and the Oreo cheesecakes are to die for! I cannot brag enough with how delicious the food was! She even made us a "to go" box to ensure we were able to have some goodies. :)

Sent on 08/07/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/26/2016

One thing that my husband was adamant about was the dessert. He and his family have big sweet tooths so this was a big deal to him. Mandy at 50Fifty was amazing. When we met up with her and had the tastings we knew we picked the right caterer for our desserts. We decided on not having a cake but instead a variety of mini cupcakes and macarons. The display that she had setup at our venue had our guests taking a pause when they entered our reception much less when they got to taste it! We plan on having her make us box of goodie for our anniversary! Thank you Mandy and 50Fifty!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Shelly · Married on 08/06/2016

We found 50/Fifty desserts when we didn't hear from Ruth and Ranshaw about the tasting appointment we had booked. All I wanted was to confirm a time and despite 2 weeks of phone calls and emails, they never got back to me. MANDY TO THE RESCUE!! She emailed me withing HOURS (and around 10pm!) of my last minute attempt to get a tasting appointment while my parents would be in town. Mandy was so accommodating and easy to work - and super fast to return an email! The fact that the desserts are DELICIOUS was just icing on the cake (pun intended). We ended up doing a dessert bar with the following items:
    Mini Cupcakes: Lemon Cake with Raspberry Buttercream, Chocolate Cake with Caramel Buttercream, Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
    Mini Tarts: Apple Streusel, Fresh Fruit, and Peanut Butter & Chocolate
    White Chocolate Truffles: airbrushed blue and white (our wedding colors),
    Eclairs,
    Tiramisu Cups

What I was able to get to (unfortunately all the peanut butter chocolate tarts were gone when I made it to the dessert table) was absolutely delicious and the table was fantastic to look at! Mandy and her husband provided all the stands and trays to make the table look classy and even put little name cards to let guests know what everything was.
    I will be using 50/Fifty for all of my dessert needs in the future! Thanks Mandy!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Aly · Married on 07/16/2016

We loved working with Mandy to find our perfect cake options for our wedding day. She was so kind and friendly, and worked with us to select delicious cake! Chris was great on the day-of, making sure everything looked beautiful when it was set up!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Jordan · Married on 06/04/2016

Mandy is incredible. One of the greatest bakers on the planet. She provided our wedding with some of the best pastries and desserts I've ever had in my life. She is seriously one of the most talented culinary artists I've had the privilege of working with. Pay for the best, forget the rest. Mandy and Chris are at the top of their game.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 03/05/2016

Mandy is amazing! She listened to everything we wanted and executed it flawlessly. Our wedding cake had three different flavored tiers. The fist chocolate stout with a peanut butter frosting, the middle a spice cake with buttercream and the bottom vanilla with a Nutella frosting. I also asked her to do mini pies as wedding favors, I had envisioned them in little pie boxes, she found and provided the mini boxes with no extra charge. After our wedding we forgot our anniversary cake at our wedding venue, Mandy drove out and picked it up and shipped it to us in Florida without us even asking her to. She went above and way beyond anything we could ever expect. We recommend 50/FIFTY 100%!!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Finding Mandy was truly a blessing in disguise! Our original baker bailed, and we found Mandy through the help of our design visionary/planner. With less than 2 months until the wedding, Mandy set up an after work hour tasting for us, and we were completely impressed! Cake samples were so fresh and delicious, and she had so many mini dessert options for us to try. Mandy prepared our 5-tier wedding cake, with each tier as a different flavor and it was such a hit. We had so many compliments on taste and freshness. The cake looked so perfect, that a few people thought it was a fake cake! We also ordered just a few mini desserts, and then had our family and friends make other goodies for a dessert bar. Mandy graciously set up our dessert bar for us, granted she barely provided what was on it. It was beautiful! She outdid herself! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/19/2016

50/Fifty did a phenomenal job creating our wedding cake! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and even more delicious! Mandy was so easy to work with and made the whole planning process a breeze! Did I mention how amazing the cake tasted?!? She even wrapped our anniversary tier up and made to-go boxes for us to eat later that night!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2015

Mandy did my wedding cake and mini desserts. She did an amazing job and was so sweet and easy to work with. The cake was delicious and looked beautiful. I got tons of compliments. Everyone especially loved the red velvet and cream cheese whoopie pies. My favorite were the peanut butter and jelly chocolates and banana pudding minis. Thank you so much 50/Fifty!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 10/10/2015

We used Fifty/50 for so many aspects of our wedding weekend. From the mini pecan pies for welcome bags to the mini seasonal cheesecakes and delicious apple and caramel grooms cake- everything was incredible and I feel very reasonably priced. We also had a very spectacular dessert bar at our reception that Mandy helped me to create. While regrettably I was too busy running around socializing at our reception, all of the guests raved about the selection. Working with Mandy was amazing, she was patient and very helpful in guiding me through this whole selection process.

Sent on 11/09/2015

50/Fifty is absolutely perfect. Hire Chris and Mandy immediately - you won't regret it.

I first met Mandy about a year before my wedding. She came to a food tasting at Colorful Palate (another great vendor), and made me four sample mini pies. They were delicious and beautiful. I was immediately sold.

Through the next few months, I worked with Mandy via email to pick out over 100 pies for my wedding guests. I was originally NOT going to have a wedding cake, but I saw her work and fell in love. Her pricing is so reasonable - I really feel like I got a cake that could have been on one of those fancy cake shows for my limited budget. Mandy basically let me send her a few pictures of things I loved, including my decor and pinterest, and made a cake that fit perfectly with my theme. My guests loved both the cake and the pies. Not only were the desserts delicious, they actually became part of our wedding decor. (Go onto the 50/Fifty Facebook page immediately to see awesome pictures).

I also love supporting kind people who are running their own small business. Mandy is sweet, generous, and wonderful, and I'm sure her husband is the same. My advice - hire 50/Fifty immediately. My guess is that they're about to get HUGE, so if you can get in while they're still a new business, you'll get a wonderful dessert and support wonderful people.

Sent on 10/08/2015

jane · Married on 06/27/2015

50/Fifty - The Art of Dessert provided dessert for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. The rehearsal dinner which was held at 12 Bones, we ordered a big platter of assorted cookies and brownies. All delicious. For the wedding we had a 2 tiered chocolate cake that was pretty and delicious and assorted mini pies. We had a variety of flavors -- all delicious but my favorites were the lemon meringue and pecan. The dessert was displayed on top of a baby grand piano with an antique lace table cloth and a multi stemmed tree branch cake stand. It was lovely. Thank you 50/Fifty

Sent on 07/02/2015

colleen · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough about Mandy and 50/Fifty desserts! Our tasting was really delicious - we were able to try a variety of cakes, frostings, and mini desserts. We decided upon a small two tier cutting cake and assorted desserts. Mandy was so helpful in selecting a nice variety of desserts for our wedding. Mandy told me to find any inspiration I wanted for the frosting on my cake and she would make it happen! She was so flexible and helpful throughout this process. The desserts are to die for. We had people sneaking over to the dessert table prior to our cake cutting because they couldn't resist. My personal favorite are her macarons, they are so delicious. Her prices are very affordable for the desserts offered. I also appreciated being able to pay with a credit card without a transaction fee. Do not hesitate to book 50/Fifty, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Nicole Palmer · Married on 04/27/2019

Cake was Beautiful and Delicious

Mandy did a fantastic job on our wedding cake and desserts! The cake itself was gorgeous, she really helped me focus my hundreds of ideas into one beautiful piece of art. It was equally as delicious as it was beautiful. She has so many flavor options that you can get whatever you want. I had 3 flavors in my cake (chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, red velvet and vanilla cake with raspberry compote and raspberry buttercream) and they were all amazing. She also made some gluten free and vegan cupcakes for guests with dietary restrictions. We were very pleased with how everything came out!

Sent on 05/05/2019