48 Fields Farm Reviews

39 | Leesburg, VA

39 Reviews for 48 Fields Farm

Bree · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I recently got married at 48 Fields and it was absolute perfection. This is actually the only venue that we toured and we instantly knew that this was the right place. We wanted a rustic vibe and the ability to accommodate a small amount of guests. Kelly and Steve are amazing to work with, and were so nice about accommodating our small wedding, which technically fell under the "elopement" category. We had our ceremony at the top of the barn, which is absolutely breathtaking, and our small cocktail hour on the deck. The venue also has so many great photo locations, we have seen a preview of our photos and the scenery is just unbelievable. It was all perfect. I cannot recommend this venue enough, go take a look and you'll see why!!

Sent on 11/12/2017

venus · Married on 08/12/2017

When my husband and I decided we wanted to have a private, intimate elopement ceremony instead of a big wedding, I went on the hunt for the perfect venue that met my needs and the vision I had set for my intimate ceremony. After some searching on Google, I was ever so lucky to stumble upon 48 Fields. As soon as I glanced through the pictures of the venue on their site, I was in love! Going to see the venue in person was even more amazing. Kelly and her husband were extremely kind and informative. They showed us the venue, top to bottom, and answered any questions we had. Even after booking, I proceeded to email Kelly and ask her about a thousand more [sometimes mundane] questions, yet she was always responsive and kind.

The ceremony day: The day of the event was perfection! Setting up was a breeze, as Kelly and her husband were very helpful in coordinating and making sure the 9 family members we had knew where to go and what to do. The venue itself was BEAUTIFUL, so photographing was so easy... we literally ran out of film! There are so many spots to take breathtaking photos. I am still gushing over my photos!

Overall, this venue is VERY reasonably priced, compared to other venues in the DMV area, yet it's gorgeous from end to end, the location is perfect, and the owners are amazing to work with. No complaints other than I wish I could relive the day again :).

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 08/05/2017

We eloped at 48 Fields in August, and everything was great! Such a nice site to hold anything from a small elopement like ours to a larger event. The owners were extremely responsive, and would recommend them to another couple looking to do the same thing.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I were so pleased when our wedding planner recommended 48 Fields and we visited. It is such a beautiful place, nestled in beautiful Virginia farm land, its so relaxing, rustic, and peaceful out there. There renovated old dairy barn is breathtaking, exactly what we wanted. It was so perfect for the ceremony downstairs and a reception upstairs. they had just finished building a beautiful deck too that branched off from the upper reception area, it was so perfect! I highly recommend this venue! It was perfect for our dream wedding!

Sent on 01/18/2018

48 Fields Farm's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much for such a great review! We really appreciate your kind words and LOVED hosting your wedding. It was such a sweet and romantic day, and we were thrilled to be part of it! We hope you're loving life as newlyweds!

Jim & Keila · Married on 01/07/2017

Kelly & Steve were super nice and incredibly helpful. Considering ours was an end of or even off season wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was to our liking. The space is beautiful and anyone looking for an old world, rustic ( but lovingly renovated ), venue, would do well to give them a call!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Ami · Married on 11/05/2016

As soon as my husband and I walked into 48 Fields, we were in love. The barn is absolutely beautiful, and it we were able to use the entire venue for the wedding. We had our ceremony outside in a stunning field, our cocktail hour was in the amazing white washed first floor, and our reception was upstairs in an are with amazing vaulted bar ceilings. We wanted a rustic, but not country, wedding, and 48 Fields matched that vibe perfectly. Kelly and Steve (the owners) were AMAZING to work with, and were always available to answer any questions we had throughout the process. We couldn't have had a better wedding, and we are so happy that we were one of the first couples to get married at this amazing venue.

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 05/17/2014

We Eloped!

Upon contacting Kelly with 48 Fields, with a short time frame of trying to plan an elopement wedding with just our close family in two months, Kelly and her husband assured us they could make it possible. They so happened to have the date we were looking for and everything kind of fell into place from there. They were very accommodating, willing to work with us with minor adjustments, responsive via email at getting back to me, helping us to stay on track with time lines, and being of any assistance we needed. There venue is beyond beautiful! It’s a clean, rustic farmhouse vibe which was just what we were looking for. Due to us having to cancel our rehearsal the day before due to a family emergency, again Kelly reassured me that everything would be fine and it was! Upon showing up at the venue on our wedding day, we were able to get ready in the old farmhouse which is just a dream inside! It has everything you will need! Kelly was of assistance to us as needed yet gave us our privacy and time. We couldn’t have picked a better venue to do our elopement ceremony and tie the knot! We were a little skeptical of choosing this venue due to a few bad apples with not the best reviews and we flat out asked about them. She was more than willing to share and explain which put us as ease. We had zero issues or hiccups during our time working with 48 Fields and Kelly was a pleasure to work with! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful space & professionals to work with who are accommodating and polite!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/08/2017

48 Fields Farm is a beautiful and scenic location to celebrate a special occassion in Virginia's wine country. There are different options for you to choose from in how you'd like to have your wedding at the site from ways to orient your outdoor ceremony to how you'd like to set up an indoor version if the weather doesn't cooperate. There is space in the downstairs area of the barn for the indoor ceremony option as well as cocktail hour for your guests. In the upstairs reception area, there is a ton of space for dinner and dancing and the decor is lovely. An outdoor deck attached to the upstairs allows guests to congregate outside. Reception tables and chairs are provided along with setup. There is plenty of parking on site though we would recommend securing shuttle options for your guests, especially if alcohol is being consumed. Now, holding a wedding in rural wine country does have some drawbacks. As mentioned, the venue is out in the bush, on rural, dirt roads and a long way from any hotel options. There are no restroom facilities on site but don't panic. Part of the venue cost includes the use of restroom trailer options. These are a lot nicer than you may think and include climate control. But speaking of climate control, there is no heat or air conditioning in the venue. Our wedding was held on an unseasonably hot and humid October day. We and our guests were melting and there were limited fans on site. It turns out, they have some auxiliary air conditioning options to choose from but we weren’t made aware of this beforehand. We would definitely recommend checking into these options no matter when you’re planning to get married. But all in all, we had a nearly perfect wedding day at a nearly perfect wedding venue and are very happy with our choice of getting married at 48 Fields.

Sent on 12/16/2017

48 Fields Farm's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin for such a lovely review! We were thrilled to have hosted your wedding this last fall and love that you had such a great experience at 48 Fields! We are also excited to announce that we do now (as of early-December) have both heating and air conditioning installed on both levels of the barn for future couples to have as part of their wedding! It's been a great addition so far and will come in handy for weddings at any time of year when weather is hotter or cooler than expected. We hope you are loving newlywed life!
  • Lynn

Lynn Grace Quayle · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Beautiful venue -- great experience!

48 Fields was the perfect location for our wedding and Kelly was great to work with. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and our guests raved about every aspect. We lucked out with great weather, and were able to enjoy the outdoor ceremony space, cocktail barn and the upstairs of the barn for a perfect day. They also worked with us throughout the process to be accommodating for our changing schedules with our of town vendors.

Sent on 05/05/2019

48 Fields Farm's reply:

Congratulations newlyweds and thank you for such a sweet review! We loved having you and your guests celebrate at 48 Fields. It was wonderful to see everything come together with a great team of vendors and how everyone was able to enjoy your vision of the day! All the best to you both!
  • Megan

Megan Young · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful Venue

48 Fields was the only venue I viewed! It was amazing. Kelly and her husband have put so much hard work into making this the picture perfect space for weddings. Kelly's communication was amazing. I always received responses from her in less than 24 hours. She let me come back and extra time to take some pictures for planning purposes. Right before our ceremony started Kelly even had to step in to assist placing our name cards, which she did not have to do at all, but I am TRULY GRATEFUL! 48 Fields provides many items with their venue - tables, chairs, arches, barrels etc. It was nice to not have to find those else where. Our day was perfect! A lot of reviews mention the strict rules of 48 Fields and yes, they do have a fair amount of rules to follow. But, when you have put as much hard work and money into a venue that Kelly and her husband have you want to have rules to preserve it. If you can respect those rules Kelly will ensure you have a great day!

Oh and I can't forget their newly renovated farmhouse! It was set up perfect for our hair dressers and make up artist. We even had a spread in the kitchen to munch on throughout the day! I was so happy this was completed in time for our wedding. It made the day!

Sent on 10/30/2019

48 Fields Farm's reply:

Megan, we are grateful for you! We so appreciated all your great communication and organization, and what an amazing wedding you planned. We loved seeing all your unique ideas and the happiness that everyone had seeing you tie the knot! It was an honor to be your wedding venue and we wish you all the best in your new marriage!

Brittany · Married on 06/01/2019

48 Fields 2019

My husband and I toured 48 Fields last March and knew it was the venue for us! Kelly gave us a tour and we booked a date right away. The day was perfect! Guests loved the barn and I appreciated that both levels of the barn were air conditioned! The thing that sold us on 48 Fields is that the "Rain Plan" for the ceremony is just as beautiful as "Plan A" outside. We loved how beautiful the lower level of the barn is. We ended up being able to have the ceremony outside, but it was nice to know I was not stressed about rain if it did occur. We also loved that 48 Fields provides chairs, tables, restrooms, decor, and yard games. All those things made it less stressful for us! So many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was; it was a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 06/10/2019

48 Fields Farm's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with both you and your husband, a talented pair who planned an amazingly thoughtful and beautiful wedding for your guests to enjoy! It was so impressive to see your talents on display and made for such a personalized day to remember! We hope newlywed life will be just as amazing for you!

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

This site is gorgeous and one of the reasons my husband and I picked it was because it felt very unique. The barn is beautifully refurbished where it feels fancy enough for a wedding but not stuffy. We loved the rustic vibe of the top floor, but the bottom floor has a much more finished look. We wanted a more casual and rustic wedding (but not country) and it came off perfectly in this setting. Kelly was great to work with and really responsive to the million questions we asked. We were one of the first couples to host a big wedding here and Kelly made us feel so confident it would go off without a hitch, and it did! I would recommend this for a bride who likes to be more hands on only because you have to bring in almost everything but that leaves a lot of room to make it your own. If you have good weather there is so much great outdoor space to utilize too. We couldn't have picked a better place to get married. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/01/2016
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/06/2019

Beautiful venue!

This is pretty much a brand new venue that is still adding on some features to make it more accommodating for future newlyweds! When my husband and I first toured the venue, we knew it was perfect and just had the feeling it was the one. We're so happy we did and all of our guests complimented how pretty it was! Our head count was about 75 and it felt like the perfect amount for the size of the venue. However, the max guest count is about 125 guests.
    The lower level (my favorite) mostly a palette of whites, gray washes, and wood (modern rustic chic style) was where I had my ceremony. Their upper level is a bit more rustic since it is mostly wood with hanging string lights! Because of the lighting, it is more appropriate for a reception. Outside the upper level you have a very spacious deck where it would be the perfect spot for a bar, and all areas are wheelchair accessible which was great since my grandmother needed a wheelchair to go around the venue. Regardless, there is an option to have your ceremony outdoors and it is moved indoors in case of rainy weather.
    There is also ample parking space that is not a far walk at all from the main venue area. Very easy for vendors to load/unload, and for guests to go back and forth from venue to their cars.
    They use very fancy portable bathrooms (which is the trend nowadays for these types of venues) for guests.
    And last but not least was one of my favorite parts of the venue: the freshly renovated bridal and groom suite! The suites are upstairs and downstairs inside their new farmhouse. It has 2 levels and the bridal suite is upstairs. I could not believe how gorgeous it was and felt lucky that my wedding date made it in time to use it right after the renovations were completed! There is a ton of space from a living/lounge area, to a vanity station room, and a huge bathroom for BOTH floors. There is even a mini kitchen! It made me feel very comfortable, less stressed while getting ready for the wedding with my bridesmaids. Thank you so much for adding this feature to your venue, Kelly!
    As for the service, Kelly (owner) was always always always quick with her responses and willing to answer any questions I had. She always remained professional and though, yes, there are a lot of rules, I actually understand why. If I were to open up my own venue (especially if it were renovations or buildings made from scratch), I would recommend my customers be as safe as possible as well as all vendors. Some people would prefer more flexibility with their venue, but I really did not mind.
    Thank you for everything, Kelly and letting us use your spaces for our big day!

Sent on 10/09/2019

48 Fields Farm's reply:

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your guests for your wedding, and we still talk about how much fun your alpacas were! We appreciate such a thoughtful review and are so honored that we could be a special spot for starting your new marriage! We wish you years of happiness together!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful venue, great experience

We absolutely LOVED this wedding venue, and the team there was fantastic to work with. The whole space is absolutely stunning, and we loved the outdoor ceremony area and the beautiful wood beams in the upper level of the barn in particular. The greenery for our May wedding was even better and more lush than we could have imagined!

The team is also extremely professional, responsive to emails, and friendly. I liked that we could choose any vendor we wanted, but that we could also look to 49 Fields' recommendations for suggestions. Everything ran seamlessly on our wedding day.

Our guests all raved about the venue, and loved the lawn games and the intimate feel of the reception space. And the pictures came out incredibly. I'd highly recommend 48 Fields!

Sent on 06/25/2019

48 Fields Farm's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your wedding day with us!! It was our pleasure to work with you and your new husband and we're thrilled that everyone had such an enjoyable day celebrating with you. Thanks again and best wishes in your new marriage!